Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? (25359 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by emirp: 12:18am On Apr 20, 2015
QUESTION: MUST A WOMAN GET MARRIED TO GAIN RESPECT?

Oya, let's get everyone's thoughts................

I'm listening!!!

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Cutehector(m): 12:24am On Apr 20, 2015
No..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by emirp: 12:27am On Apr 20, 2015
Cutehector:
No..
why did u say No
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Cutehector(m): 12:31am On Apr 20, 2015
emirp:
why did u say No
I believ respect comes from character, fame and wealth. If a woman has these, den she doesn't need to answr mrs to earn respect frm people

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Cholls(m): 12:36am On Apr 20, 2015
my brother in this life time YES even beyond it will still be YES.

11 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Dheartless: 12:41am On Apr 20, 2015
NO
if you respect yourself you will be respected
if you do anyhow you see anyhow

respect is reciprocal
irrespective of your marital status.

but I tend to get the first intention of showing more respect to a married woman, until I see if she deserves it or not.
when she does not deserve it I treat her accordingly.

and when a single lady deserves my respect, I hold it not back but deliver unto her the respect she has earned

thank you

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by adorablevic: 12:43am On Apr 20, 2015
Yes...no matter what she has accomplished there wld always be a but,if she isn't married

22 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Caracta(f): 12:47am On Apr 20, 2015
Depends on what the woman has achieved so far. I respect hardworking ladies with great accomplishments. Ladies that have achieved what older and married folks couldn't.

I don't care if you have a ring on your finger or not. Show me what you've got and earn my respect.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by tablu: 12:49am On Apr 20, 2015
"....In pain will she bear children and her desire shall be for her husband and he shall rule over her ..."Gen 3:16. No matter how affluencial, influencial, beautiful, academically sound etc a women is, if she has no husband to rule over her she will not be respected!!!! If she like make she graduate from harvard, princton, stanford, oxford, cambridge all the ivy league universities join together nah her sabi...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by missdebs(f): 1:46am On Apr 20, 2015
lets be realistic, a woman shuld not be defined by the word 'marriage' buh this is Africa and you might be miss world, buh the day you go to your village you will be asked, where is your husband

9 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by KanwuliaJara: 4:18am On Apr 20, 2015
Only in POVERTY-STRIKEN CONTINENTS like Africa! kiss
Single women have to do more 'ASHAWO' work to survive ke! grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by tpiadotcom: 4:22am On Apr 20, 2015
emirp:

I'm listening!!!

what are your own thoughts and reason for the question?

do you only show respect to women if they are married?

i'm asking this because you might not be aware your question is not normal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Must you ask?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Ewuro4: 4:28am On Apr 20, 2015
No.

Respect is not based on marital status. Respect is reciprocal simple. That's just ridiculous.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by stinggy(m): 7:22am On Apr 20, 2015
Backward mentality angry

The mere fact that she picks her bills all by herself is enough a reason to respect her. cool

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by quivah(f): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2015
tablu:
"....In pain will she bear children and her desire shall be for her husband and he shall rule over her ..."Gen 3:16. No matter how affluencial, influencial, beautiful, academically sound etc a women is, if she has no husband to rule over her she will not be respected!!!! If she like make she graduate from harvard, princton, stanford, oxford, cambridge all the ivy league universities join together nah her sabi...
eermm
how does your verse correspond to the op?

academically, an unmarried woman will be more respected than you, with all your blunders.

35 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Emaprince: 11:45am On Apr 20, 2015
In NIgeria, YESS!!! Because other married women will be the first to use her status as a spinster against her.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by tablu: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
quivah:

eermm
how does your verse correspond to the op?

academically, an unmarried woman will be more respected than you, with all your blunders.
nah wah oh person no dey follow u play again? U b psquare why are u takin it personally...
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by TooNoisy(f): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
Silly topic.

What is this respect? Are you implying Oprah is not respected. Several single woman out there who have achieved a lot on their own without being married, and they are very much respected by all.

Bros, if you boss is a single woman, please don't respect her ok. Talk down on her and you will be where you end up!

Silly topic for unenlightened souls.

20 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by klark3: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
Yes...

Nature made it so, a man can remain single & still earn respect, but a woman will be disregarded & unfulfilled... Have u ever asked urself why a woman answers d man's name after marriage.... Because a woman's crown is her husband, they are glorified slaves, they were gotten from just one rib of a man, yet u see dem dragging territories with men...

adam had already been surviving without eve, & would have continued to survive without her... But eve wouldn't have survived a day without adam.

No husband = no respect..

Most unmarried women are whores, dey have no self respect, & no sane man is willing to condone their nasty attitude. If u're a lady, single & u're above 30, sorry for u. But a man can be single & above 60, he will still earn respect...

Thank God am a man, not a glorified slave(woman)...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by SAMBARRY: 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gbam. END OF DISCUSSION

Dheartless:
NO
if you respect yourself you will be respected
if you do anyhow you see anyhow

respect is reciprocal
irrespective of your marital status.

but I tend to get the first intention of showing more respect to married a woman, until I see if she deserves it or not.
when she does not deserve it I treat her accordingly.

and when a single lady deserves my respect, I hold it not back but deliver unto her the respect she has earned

thank you

2 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Ewuro4: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
Klark3... Na wa for you oh. What part of planet are you from?

8 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by SAMBARRY: 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ewuro4:
an obvious ape or from shekaraus village

7 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Ngokafor(f): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
an obvious ape or from shekaraus village

grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
I think it's only on internet e.g Nairaland family section that marriage is over-rated.

For example; Genevieve is unmarried and only on cyberspace that men and women will insult her about her marital status.
In the real world, they won't have an effrontery to confront her but will lick her feet instead of that married Mama Nkechi or Tolu with seven kids waiting for her husband to provide everything.

Thank God internet has given some Nigerian an avenue to portray their chauvinistic tendency they can't do offline infront of an accomplished lady.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
missdebs:
lets be realistic, a woman shuld not be defined by the word 'marriage' buh this is Africa and you might be miss world, buh the day you go to your village you will be asked, where is your husband
I think Village settings is going extinct except a lady born and bred in the village.
In urban Nigeria settings, societies mind their business.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by mutter(f): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
Every where in the world a woman has more respec when she is married.
This aso goes for men- They have more respect when they are married.

In Nigeria a man also has more respect when he is married. A family man is seen as more responsible and more maure.
This is also so in the western world.

Some things never change!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by klark3: 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ewuro4:
Lolz... d comment tire u? Na just persiflage...
Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by SAMBARRY: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gbam. Awon haters behind the screen and ass lickers at her face grin
FrancisTony:
I think it's only on internet e.g Nairaland family section that marriage is over-rated.

For example; Genevieve is unmarried and only on cyberspace that men and women will insult her about her marital status.
In the real world, they won't have an effrontery to confront her but will lick her feet instead of that married Mama Nkechi or Tolu with seven kids waiting for her husband to provide everything.

Thank God internet has given some Nigerian an avenue to portray their chauvinistic tendency they can't do offline infront of an accomplished lady.

14 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by SAMBARRY: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
One of the few men who are still intelligent
FrancisTony:

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by EfemenaXY: 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
emirp:

I'm listening!!!

Only in Nigeria.

To the point where it becomes the ultimate life ambition of some ladies, irrespective of their educational achievements or not.

9 Likes

Re: Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? by mstik(f): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
Spot on!
FrancisTony:

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / "I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady / Lady Slams Her Husband After She Paid For Their Food At An Eatery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.