Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture (21625 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by truthislight: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
plappville: @Op, Where is the perfect Church located? A church without trace of ancient Paganism tradition. Deeper Live could be closer to the perfect Church, if only few traditions will be droped.

My old woman will tithe her feeding money, after she will shout out, i need money before the end of the Month. (What do u do wit money ma?) u were given enough each month, (I must pay my tithe because Pastor said even if we are not working but we recieve montly allowances, we are to pay tithe still. A OLD WIDOW FOR THAT MATTER. Am not sure this is right.

NT: i dont mean tithe is not biblical oooo smiley

i think i have heard such complain befor from a certain lady outside this forum.
Well.

That says how exploitative this MOG's are, tith money was also meant for widows and OPHANS in the OT, NOW THEY ARE SKINNING THEM DRY.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by plappville(f): 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Deeper life is not the church, rccg is not the church , assemblies is not the church etc.

The church consists of the 'called out ones ' , which ARE those who have received a genuine experience of salvation by repentance from their past sins and been baptised with the Holy Spirit. They also go further by following the leading of the Holy Spirit unto perfection, they do not follow MEN.

They are scattered among various denominations, fellowships and private meetings , homes etc.

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To
God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia" - 1 Peter 1:1

This is the church that Jesus promised to appear to , when 2 or 3 of them are gathered together in his name.

I have been in deeperlife for a number of years , and while they lay emphasis on bible study and prayer ,
they seem to follow MAN in too many cases , some are generally afraid to challenge doctrine and believe in a number of teachings and practices which are unbiblical . examples tithing , trinity, rapture etc.

My wife stopped going to deeperlife afetr she despaired of being cursed every sunday from malachi 3:9 , which ends like this " You are under a curse
your whole nation—because you are robbing me"

We just were not convicted to pay any tithes and could
no longer remain because of this constant issue of having to dwell under a curse .

I also tried to challenge some doctrines and was told that they were all bible teachings and 100% accurate. That's just plain arrogance in my opinion.

So deeper life is fine in some respects , but they need to stop worshipping MAN and follow Jesus, maybe then they will correct many of their false doctrrines.

Sad , but those so called MOG are just charlatans , they do not have the interest of God's children at heart. Tithing has been done away with , anybody who preaches this doctrine of devils should repent urgently.

We need to start reading our bibles for ourselves , repent of our sins, ask God for wisdom and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, not a MAN of GOD.

"because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." - Romans 8:14

Waoo Frosbel, so u were a "Worker" ? Iys not easy to obtain this role in deeper life ooo hahahaha. I use to go but then but i was not a full memeber. My Mum is. She made me follow her down, after listenin to thier sermon, i do trust they were a true bible gardering church. The Head of the church Kumuyi is A very humble Man. Apart from the pressure of tithe and the way thier members react with the ""do not be of equal yoke with unbelievers" verse. They look at you in the church like if u are carrying some bondle of sin. Expecially when u put earings or braclets and do not tie ur head together with ur ear. This look can scare away some one who is seeking to know God for the first time. As for the secret Rapture, i do not know what they teach about Rapture.

Plz Frosbel. More light on the Rapture. I had love to be convince with biblical verses. Thank u.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Revelation 21

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God

olodo tongue

May God have mercy on your followers such as frosbel. What do you think happened before this event that you are referring to? Let me give you a clue:

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter (Rev. 4:1)

And compare it with the following verse:

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord (1 Thess. 4:16,17)
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Knight1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2012
Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse- I relate with some deeper life members very closely, attended some of their church services and haven't heard it. That said, Tithing is very much believed to be a bible commandment (that dispensation of Grace hasn't and will not erode), disobeying God is a sin which is a curse.
2. You must consult you pastor before you marry: Well, if you don't think you ought to consult a spiritual Head before venturing into marriage, i'm disappointed. not necessarily for approval, it could be that they join you in prayer.
3. No wedding rings: So how is this scriptural or Otherwise
4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate: Well, [b]if
their doctrines are drawn from scripture without addition or subtraction....challenging it is challenging God's word, no?
5. The church doctrines are infallible and are backed by the infallible leadership.THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE
6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness: THIS IS THE REASON I WANTED TO COMMENT ON THIS POST. EVERYTIME I HAVE COME ACROSS THIS TYPE OF STATEMENT; THROUGHOUT MY LIFE; IT HAS MOSTLY BEEN AN INCORRECT ASSESSMENT.SAME THING FORNICATORS/THIEVES ETC TELL PEOPLE WHO TRY TO CORRECT THEM, MEANWHILE THOSE ONES ARE IN NO WAY TRYING TO BE HOLIER-THAN-THOU. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A DEFENSE MECHANISM FROM THOSE WHO ACTUALLY ARE THE UNHOLY-AS-THEY-CLAIM-TO BE PEOPLE
7. False rapture theories-HAVENT HEARD OF THIS THERE
8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation: HAVENT HEARD OF THIS THERE
9. They control your dressing: CONTROL DRESSING IN WHAT SENSE? DID PAUL NOT DISPENSE DRESSING ADVICE ~SOME WILL SAY CODE- EVEN FOR WOMEN IN THE BIBLE? ASKING THEM TO BE MODERATE?
10. The church takes over your life , no time for family; ANOTHER FALLACY (THE TYPE I'D EXPECT FROM LAGOSSHIA AND HIS ILK angry
11. Individuality is compromised......REALLY? NOT TRUE
12. Challenge one doctrine and you are out..CHALLENGE IT WITH SCRIPTURE AND PROVING IT AND YOU ARE THROWN OUT? HMMMMM.....NOT WILLING TO TAKE THIS IN JUST YET
13. Trinity; I BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY AND I'M NOT A DEEPER LIFE MEMBER
15. Ability to think out of the box is stifled. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NOT TRUE
[/b]
I BELIEVE THEY HAVE ISSUES THAT THEY NEED NOT BURDEN PEOPLE WITH BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT THEY'VE BEEN OPEN TO GOOD CHANGE IN RECENT YEARS.....WHICH BRINGS ME TO WHAT I CAN'T GET TO UNDERSTAND

WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO ACHIEVE WITH THIS TOPIC PLEASE?

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
Knight1: Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse- I relate with some deeper life members very closely, attended some of their church services and haven't heard it. That said, Tithing is very much believed to be a bible commandment (that dispensation of Grace hasn't and will not erode), disobeying God is a sin which is a curse.

You are deceived !

2. You must consult you pastor before you marry: Well, if you don't think you ought to consult a spiritual Head before venturing into marriage, i'm disappointed. not necessarily for approval, it could be that they join you in prayer.

There is no such thing as spiritual head in the bible, wow !!

You guys are overflowing with false doctrine.

3. No wedding rings: So how is this scriptural or Otherwise

What is their business grin

4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate: Well, if their doctrines are drawn from scripture without addition or subtraction....challenging it is challenging God's word, no?

is it ?

Even when that scriptrue is twisted , right ?

6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness: THIS IS THE REASON I WANTED TO COMMENT ON THIS POST. EVERYTIME I HAVE COME ACROSS THIS TYPE OF STATEMENT; THROUGHOUT MY LIFE; IT HAS MOSTLY BEEN AN INCORRECT ASSESSMENT.SAME THING FORNICATORS/THIEVES ETC TELL PEOPLE WHO TRY TO CORRECT THEM, MEANWHILE THOSE ONES ARE IN NO WAY TRYING TO BE HOLIER-THAN-THOU. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A DEFENSE MECHANISM FROM THOSE WHO ACTUALLY ARE THE UNHOLY-AS-THEY-CLAIM-TO BE PEOPLE

Keep spewing out the judgementalism you must have learnt from deeper life, trust me I have been there before grin

7. False rapture theories-HAVENT HEARD OF THIS THERE

It is one of their core doctrines

8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation: HAVENT HEARD OF THIS THERE

Then you know zilch about deeper life

9. They control your dressing: CONTROL DRESSING IN WHAT SENSE? DID PAUL NOT DISPENSE DRESSING ADVICE ~SOME WILL SAY CODE- EVEN FOR WOMEN IN THE BIBLE? ASKING THEM TO BE MODERATE?

We are not Muslims where we are under a burden to wear a Hijab or burqa , we must dress modestly but this must be from the heart not by compulsion.

I will just ignore the rest of your post, mostly childish statements.

Follow God and you will be victorious, stop following MAN.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by ijawkid(m): 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

May God have mercy on your followers such as frosbel. What do you think happened before this event that you are referring to? Let me give you a clue:

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter (Rev. 4:1)

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord (1 Thess. 4:16,17)

So u've finally abrogated the fact that rigtheous persons will also live on this earth forever??

Ola u need bible lessons.....leave man made doctrines and focus on the scriptures......
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
plappville:

As for the secret Rapture, i do not know what they teach about Rapture.

Plz Frosbel. More light on the Rapture. I had love to be convince with biblical verses. Thank u.

There is nothing secret about the second coming of Christ , I opened an article on this today.

https://www.nairaland.com/1051769/not-secret-rapture
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I am not you that follows MEN grin

Okay

My goodness, are you asking God for wisdom before you start these your weird interpretations or are you making it up as you go

Tell me what is secret about ;
1.For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout
2.with the voice of the archangel
3.and with the trump of God

Besides , the verse of scripture you misquoted says nothing about going to heaven, it simply says that ;
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air"

1.Will be caught up together with them in the clouds not in heaven
2. We will meet the Lord in the air

How you twisted this to mean something else and hold on to it as truth is shocking.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Knight1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Frosbel
SPiritual Head
1 Timothy 1:2
Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
Knight1: @Frosbel
SPiritual Head
1 Timothy 1:2
Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Two things

1. There is no mention of spiritual father here
2. He was only referring to Timothy who he personally discipled.

Stop twisting scripture !
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
"Tithe or you are under a curse" (frosbel)

Since have been attending DL, ℓ̊ never heard anything like the above, instead they pray for those that have nothing to give that God will bless them, my bro frosbel you are just posting what you are not sure of.

Its a normal thing for a christian to give out of his income, its true that you will reap what you sow and that God loves a cheerful giver, So why will deeper life want to force tithe payment on you, my bro ℓ̊ think you only imagined this or something.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe: "Tithe or you are under a curse" (frosbel)

Since have been attending DL, ℓ̊ never heard anything like the above, instead they pray for those that have nothing to give that God will bless them, my bro frosbel you are just posting what you are not sure of.

Its a normal thing for a christian to give out of his income, its true that you will reap what you sow and that God loves a cheerful giver, So why will deeper life want to force tithe payment on you, my bro ℓ̊ think you only imagined this or something.

Quoting Malachi 3:9 is wrong and not biblical.

Malachi 3:9 Which is the favourite scripture that charlatans use to steal from lazy Christians who refuse to read their bible, has nothing to do with giving cheerfully.

I believe very much in giving , but it should never be under the fear of a curse, no such thing exists.

If the pastor wants to preach about giving , then they should change from Malachi 3:9 to 2 Corinthians 9:7 which goes :

"New International Version (©1984)
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." - 2 Corinthians 9:7
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Knight1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
I'm DAZZLED!!!!

Okay...So Paul discipled Timothy in the Faith but not spiritually?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'll say one thing...I like that you (seem to ) seek the truth...howeve.l'll suggest you go through your own posts and consider your sometimes insultive)comments and check if you really are in the right path
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Two things

1. There is no mention of spiritual father here
2. He was only referring to Timothy who he personally discipled.

Stop twisting scripture !

My bro at least use your sense(dnt mean to be rude)
My son in faith as paul says would mean timothy could also say my father in faith which is equivalent to my spiritual father.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:

My bro at least use your sense(dnt mean to be rude)
My son in faith as paul says would mean timothy could also say my father in faith which is equivalent to my spiritual father.

Paul never asked Timothy to call him Father because Timothy's father was alive at the time and so was his mother.

There is no mention of Timothy ever calling Paul 'my father'.

None of the early Christians referred to the apostles as their father/fathers.

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
Knight1: I'm DAZZLED!!!!

Okay...So Paul discipled Timothy in the Faith but not spiritually?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'll say one thing...I like that you (seem to ) seek the truth...howeve.l'll suggest you go through your own posts and consider your sometimes insultive)comments and check if you really are in the right path

insults ?

I might come across as forceful some times, but that is me, I hate falsehood and there is an almost insatiable desire within me to fight it wherever I see it grin

Please show me !!
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Knight1(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
i told YOU to go through..clearly you havent

btw...you havent answered my question.

OBJECTIVELY ASKING? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS TOPIC? FOR DEEPER LIFERS TO CHANGE? FOR PEOPLE TO LEAVE THE CHURCH?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
fros, you're a disgrace if you were ever a deeper life worker, were you so ignorant and just playing religion and worshipping your district leader abi na kumuyi worship straight be your own? little wonder you think everybody there is like you. Even outsiders are confirming you're lying against that church. na only you sabi, you've seen the light. the light is to leave deeper life and not give tithe. the deeper I know sef is not tithe emphatic like you carry am for head, adult frosbel grow up for real.
Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Quoting Malachi 3:9 is wrong and not biblical.
this one is turning worse than Kunle and nectar combined oh, wetin we no go hear for NL
1 John 2:13 I write unto you, FATHERS, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

Mr. call nobody father, holier than Jesus and John.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Paul never asked Timothy to call him Father because Timothy's father was alive at the time and so was his mother.

There is no mention of Timothy ever calling Paul 'my father'.

None of the early Christians referred to the apostles as their father/fathers.

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9

Eh- ehn i dont know his father was alive, mtchew, u make me laugh, so if my father is alive i cant call anyone father again..oga the son paul used isnt supposed to mean son literally, so is "spiritual father" not supposed to father in the literal sense.

A pastor is a shepard and the relationship between a sheep ans a shepard is like father and son, So nothing will be wrong if i call the shepard(pastor) father..
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

insults ?

I might come across as forceful some times, but that is me, I hate falsehood and there is an almost insatiable desire within me to fight it wherever I see it grin

Please show me !!

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

you wan fight ba? you go fight tyre your new non denominational denomination members go come greet you.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Image123:

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

you wan fight ba? you go fight tyre your new non denominational denomination members go come greet you.

You are seriously confused and misled.

Try and ask God for wisdom and then carefully reread those verses quoted , you will see them in a different light.

You are going against the words of Jesus !

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Keep following your Daddy GOs and Mummy GOs, follow follow Sheeple , that's why you are deceived, other people read the bible for you and tell you what to do. grin
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

Try and ask God for wisdom and then carefully reread those verses quoted , you will see them in a different light.

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Keep following your Daddy GOs and Mummy GOs, follow follow Sheeple , that's why you are deceived, other people read the bible for you and tell you what to do. grin

So you are saying we shouldnt call our biological father too "father"?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by ijawkid(m): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
haibe:

So you are saying we shouldnt call our biological father too "father"?

The simple meaning of Jesus's words is that we shuldnt assign the title ""Father"" or ""Daddy"" to any 1 spiritually speaking......the only one who shuld bear that title Daddy or Father spiritually speaking is Yahweh,the Father of all.....

Even Jesus didn't accept the title, so who d hell are pastors today been called with the title Daddy or holy Father or papa..??...

These are simple instructions spelt out in the scriptures......

Jesus was not saying we shuld stop calling our biological Fathers ""Father"".....Jesus was speaking in the spiritual context not biological..........

Got it??
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
frosbel:

i showed you Paul and John calling themselves and others father . you understand Jesus pass dem na, no be you? impossible is nothing.
Proverbs 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by tidytim: 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
Image123:
i showed you Paul and John calling themselves and others father . you understand Jesus pass dem na, no be you? impossible is nothing.

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven."

Keep rejecting the words of Jesus !
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Image123(m): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
tidytim:

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven."

Keep rejecting the words of Jesus !
you're not the first to misunderstand Jesus, I'll be mild on you. do you have any father or mother?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Joagbaje(m): 6:32am On Sep 19, 2012
@frosbel
Sorry ive not been online for days

frosbel: Kindly show me explicit verses in the bible that suggest :

1. A secret rapture

2. Second chance at salvation after this 'rapture'

3. That salvation will no more be by grace but death

Thanks

SECRET RAPTURE
I don't know what you mean by secret. But there's a rapture of the saints which will happen in a twinkling of an eye. Christians will be caught up. This is before the 7year tribulation. This is not the second coming.

1 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Second chance at salvation after this 'rapture'

Yes After the rapture there will be second chance for those who are left behind. Israel to start with. It's during this 7 year tribulation that Israel shall be saved. So salvation will still be wrought in Israel and among Gentiles.

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Revelation 6:9-11
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

That salvation will no more be by grace but death

Yes salvation will be by work. It's a common sense understanding. To be a christian during tribulation is a death sentence. Just like the scripture above. And this.

Revelation 17:6
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Joagbaje(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2012
Image123:
i asked the op and he dodged, I'm curious and would ask you too. Again, which one is deeper life doctrine? i sincerely doubt that deeper life leaders would agree to having some set of deeper life doctrines, even Kumuyi. Anyway can op list all the deeper life doctrines?

Every church has doctrines . Some based on understding and revelation there . And some may be based on wrong interpretation of scriptures by leadership there. And some may just be man made. The early church had doctrinal differences too. Every one is right in his own eyes . But grounds are shifting . Christ is purging the church to be pure. Every doctrine tree that is not of him will uprooted before the rapture . There will be unity of the faith and purity in the church.

Ephesians 4:13-14
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by haibe(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2012
Frosbel, i hope you are o.k now? Or at least d̶̲̅σ you have a clear understanding?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by stepo707: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2012
haibe:

O! How i wish i would have a more deeper life with christ, and be deeper in love with him even more deeper than than deeper life take theirs, i bet you, a shallow life will be as if you have never met christ, remaining shallow means you are not growing in grace, growth should be a constant thing, grow deep in grace and in the knowlege of our lord Jesus.
I wouldnt know if you are born again but i urge you if you are to build a deeeeepeer life with God.
Bless u

May i please know your definition of being born again? it will help me reevaluate.
Thanks
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by akaazua(m): 9:28am On Sep 19, 2012
frosbel:

1Tm:5:1: Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
1Tm:5:2: The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

Personally I am not so good in calling our leaders Fathers, let us be considerate to acknowledge them and treat them as fathers. What Jesus is saying, I think is trying to ascribe the glory that is only reserved for the heavenly FATHER to any earthly father.

Let us be sincere, will it be wrong if you call your biological daddy 'father'? If we can intreat them as fathers and mothers, is it too much to call them fathers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Official Anthem mp3 / Was Abraham An Arab Or A Jew? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.