Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture (21626 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
frosbel:

I am not pointing the finger , I am simply writing a story on my experiences at deeper life and what I consider to be unscriptural based on these experiences.

Hypocrite!! Why don't you tell us about your new church and your experiences there for us to learn from.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
chukwudi44:

Hypocrite!! Why don't you tell us about your new church and your experiences there for us to learn from.

I can only rejoice that God has delivered me and many others from that apostate harlot church correctly designated as mystery Babylon the great.

Peace !!
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by free123: 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
it means u want to go to heaven alone since u dont want to reveal d name of ur church. oh sorry u wont go to heaven i remember.

but seriously how can one fellowship with u frosbel?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
free123: it means u want to go to heaven alone since u dont want to reveal d name of ur church. oh sorry u wont go to heaven i remember.

I fellowship with all Christians who believe that Jesus Christ the messiah is come in the flesh for our redemption and adoption into the family of GOD.

Additionally I like to interact with Christians who want to march on, despite the serious challenges, to deny ourselves, reject the approval of MEN and follow Jesus to the very end.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
free123: it means u want to go to heaven alone since u dont want to reveal d name of ur church. oh sorry u wont go to heaven i remember.

Bros it is not the church that you attend that would get you to heaven.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by free123: 6:19am On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun
yes i believe the race we are in is an individual one but since d op is 100% sure that his version of christianity is d truth he should owe it a duty to invite people who are willing to learn and serve God in truth and spirit to his gathering. but when d reverse is d case, i will not hesitate to assume that he wants to go to heaven alone.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 7:10am On Sep 17, 2012
free123: Pastor Kun
yes i believe the race we are in is an individual one but since d op is 100% sure that his version of christianity is d truth he should owe it a duty to invite people who are willing to learn and serve God in truth and spirit to his gathering. but when d reverse is d case, i will not hesitate to assume that he wants to go to heaven alone.

As I said earlier where you worship would not determine your salvation, using myself as a personal example. My christian beliefs were revealed to me through studying the scriptures by the revelation of the holy spirit and not shaped by were I worship. I can infact say I chose my place of worship based on my beliefs and not the other way round. I seem to agree with a lot of frosbel's views even though I disagree with him on a couple of key issues, I see him as someone who is passionately pursuing the undiluted truth.

My advise to all brethen seeking to know the truth concerning our salvation is to pray for the in filling of the holy spirit and study the new testament with special emphasis on the core teachings of Jesus. It is the knowledge understanding and practise of this teachings that would determine if our christianity is right or wrong.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by shewanna: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2012
Frosbel is either a Grail messenger,Eckankar or the likes(don't know their names). Frosbel, mark me correct.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by free123: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2012
the truth is that where one worships is also a factor in one's salvation. u cant worship with false brethren and expect to make it. so where we worship matters a lot.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2012
she-wanna:
Frosbel is either a Grail messenger,Eckankar or the likes(don't know their names). Frosbel, mark me correct.

why don't you just call me a heretic like your brethren in the catholic church grin
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

As I said earlier where you worship would not determine your salvation, using myself as a personal example. My christian beliefs were revealed to me through studying the scriptures by the revelation of the holy spirit and not shaped by were I worship. I can infact say I chose my place of worship based on my beliefs and not the other way round. I seem to agree with a lot of frosbel's views even though I disagree with him on a couple of key issues, I see him as someone who is passionately pursuing the undiluted truth.

My advise to all brethen seeking to know the truth concerning our salvation is to pray for the in filling of the holy spirit and study the new testament with special emphasis on the core teachings of Jesus. It is the knowledge understanding and practise of this teachings that would determine if our christianity is right or wrong.

Be bold to tell us where you worship if it is not a secret cult.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2012
free123: the truth is that where one worships is also a factor in one's salvation. u cant worship with false brethren and expect to make it. so where we worship matters a lot.

So if you don'thave a worship center your salvation is not guaranteed That's a new one :/ Whilst it's good to fellowship with others becos iron sharpens iron it is not compulsary. Salvation is personal.I discovered by the grace of God the true gospel on my own after several years of going to church and leanring very little. I make bold to say that at least 96% of churches have deviated from the truth in one way or the other especially in Nigeria.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

So if you don'thave a worship center your salvation is not guaranteed That's a new one :/ Whilst it's good to fellowship with others becos iron sharpens iron it is not compulsary. Salvation is personal.I discovered by the grace of God the true gospel on my own after several years of going to church and leanring very little. I make bold to say that at least 96% of churches have deviated from the truth in one way or the other especially in Nigeria.

One thing which is beginning to worry me is how 98% of Christians , so called , will call a brother or sister a heretic once they begin to challenge mainstream church doctrines.

Jesus was never mainstream and was hated by the mainstream religious institutions of those days, the same now , anyone who wants to discard the leadership of MAN and follow Christ should expect persecution, not from the world but from the church.

"Your enemies will be right in your own household!" - Matthew 10:36

Please let me know those areas where you disagree with me, it could also be a learning curve , I do not claim to know everything as my position has shifted in recent times due to the enlightenment of scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Akanniade(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2012
They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2012
Do allow frosbel to seek the undiluted truth and if something is not right allow him to call it out. Frosbel himself does not know everything and makes mistakes he is human just like the people that came up with those doctrines but this does not mean he should not seek the truth and share his discoveries with the world.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall".1st Corinthians 10:12
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Akanniade(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2012
Poster should not pick faults in other denominations while keeping his anonymous. The Kingdom of God seeks sons not fault pickers.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2012
Akanniade: Poster should not pick faults in other denominations while keeping his anonymous. The Kingdom of God seeks sons not fault pickers.

I do not belong to any denomination , I fellowship with a fellowship of believers.

Besides , describing my experiences is not finger pointing, if it ain't in scripture discard it.

Only cults like ISLAM and the Catholic church start to panic when an examination is initiated on their religious belief system and books.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2012
andromida: Do allow frosbel to seek the undiluted truth and if something is not right allow him to call it out. Frosbel himself does not know everything and makes mistakes he is human just like the people that came up with those doctrines but this does not mean he should not seek the truth and share his discoveries with the world.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall".1st Corinthians 10:12

Absolutely, thanks.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Tos87(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel:

I am not attacking all denominations my dear, but there are some denominations that arrogate themselves to positions of infallibility , such as the catholic church , deeper life etc.

There are some good parts of deeper life obviously , but it harbours a lot of false doctrine as well.
For these reason Ý๏˚˙˚°•◦˚ǖ opened a tread SMH.. sad sad shocked
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Tos87(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel:

I am not attacking all denominations my dear, but there are some denominations that arrogate themselves to positions of infallibility , such as the catholic church , deeper life etc.

There are some good parts of deeper life obviously , but it harbours a lot of false doctrine as well.
For these reason Ý๏˚˙˚°•◦˚ǖ open a tread SMH.. sad sad shocked
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel:

I do not belong to any denomination , I fellowship with a fellowship of believers.

Besides , describing my experiences is not finger pointing, if it ain't in scripture discard it.

Only cults like ISLAM and the Catholic church start to panic when an examination is initiated on their religious belief system and books.

If you are ashamed to name where you fellowship then you are not a fellow sheep.

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by akaazua(m): 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel: Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse
2. You must consult you pastor before you marry
3. No wedding rings
4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate
5. The church doctrines are infallible and are backed by the infallible leadership.
6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness
7. False rapture theories
8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation
9. They control your dressing
10. The church takes over your life , no time for family
11. Individuality is compromised
12. Challenge one doctrine and you are out
13. Trinity
15. Ability to think out of the box is stifled.

You can add many more here.

Deeper life according to you claims to be above the rest when it comes to holiness, and you are claimimng to be above them. Are you now not claimimning to be holier than the deeper life you are accusing? My brother better get prepared for the coming of the Lord.

You've forgoten to tell us the practices of your church that are unbiblical, since your church too is not infallible. Charity should begin at home, judgement also should begin at home. God bless you.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye"?
[color=#990000]
[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by akaazua(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
GOD is Love
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by akaazua(m): 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
akaazua: GOD is Love
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by akaazua(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
frosbel: Some practises I became familar with during my time with deeper life.

1. Tithe or you are under a curse
2. You must consult you pastor before you marry
3. No wedding rings
4. The church doctrines are 100% bible doctrines and cannot be challenged, to do so means you are an apostate
5. The church doctrines are infallible and are backed by the infallible leadership.
6. They are above the rest when it comes to holiness
7. False rapture theories
8. Second chance at salvation during the great tribulation
9. They control your dressing
10. The church takes over your life , no time for family
11. Individuality is compromised
12. Challenge one doctrine and you are out
13. Trinity
15. Ability to think out of the box is stifled.

You can add many more here.

What is your reason(s) for calling on people to add more? Is it out of love or what?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by Enoquin(f): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
@akaazua: That is exactly what I am trying to say to Mr. Frosbel, name your church or any other that is infalliable...every church has a rule aka doctrine...so no church is without blame...a good christian's focus should be on how to fellowship with his brothers/sisters with words from the bible, not forgetting 2 Peter 1:4-9
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you are ashamed to name where you fellowship you are then not a fellow sheep.

And is it biblical or compulsory for a church or fellowship to have a name When did name become condition precedent to belong to the true church of christ? Olodo you are so deep seated in man made doctrines that you don't seem to have a clue as to what true christianity is.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

And is it biblical or compulsory for a church or fellowship to have a name When did name become condition precedent to belong to the true church of christ? Olodo you are so deep seated in man made doctrines that you don't seem to have a clue as to what true christianity is.

And do you have a name by which peope can identify you? If your church has a name why are you hesitant to mention its name especially when you and your partner in crime are quick to point your crooked fingers at others? Or are you ashamed of your gathering? Let us know what group you belong to so that we can assess it whether it's a cult or not.
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

And do you have a name by which peope can identify you? If your church has a name why are you hesitant to mention its name especially when you and your partner in crime are quick to point your crooked fingers at others? Or are you ashamed of your gathering? Let us know what group you belong to so that we can assess it whether it's a cult or not.

We belong to the body of christ tongue
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pastor Kun:

We belong to the body of christ tongue

What does the body of Christ mean to you? Is it visible?
Re: Some Deeper Life Practices That Are Alien To Scripture by PastorKun(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What does the body of Christ mean to you? Is it visible?

When you genuinely choose accept christ and follow in his foot steps instead of Kumuyi's, you would know what the body of christ means.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Abraham An Arab Or A Jew? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.