Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider (3014 Views)

Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider / Please Suggest Reliable Foreign Bulk SMS Providers For Me !!! / What's The Best Web Hosting Provider In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Gerardcole(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
I run a website with about 4.5K users and the number is increasing in 100's daily and im planning a VPS hosting package, but since I'm a dummy in this I seek advice from experienced web developers.

I wanted to use hostgator shared hosting but I read there is a limit to number of outgoing emails(500). And I wanna build a mailing function to the software which would send more than that limit as the users keeps increasing.

My budget is < or = 20USD monthly.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by rufaai(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
Gerardcole: I run a website with about 4.5K users and the number is increasing in 100's daily and im planning a VPS hosting package, but since I'm a dummy in this I seek advice from experienced web developers.

I wanted to use hostgator shared hosting but I read there is a limit to number of outgoing emails(500). And I wanna build a mailing function to the software which would send more than that limit as the users keeps increasing.

My budget is < or = 20USD monthly.

I am not sure you can get a reliable VPS at that budget. But I will suggest www.gigaLayer.com. Pricing starts from #9,000 a month for a Managed VPS with cPanel lisence.

You get 24/7 Managed VPS Service, you have less to worry about Server Management.

You can email sales@gigalayer.com if you want a custom plan and free content migration.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Gerardcole(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2012
rufaai:

I am not sure you can get a reliable VPS at that budget. But I will suggest GigaLayer. Pricing starts from #9,000 a month for a Managed VPS with cPanel lisence.

You get 24/7 Managed VPS Service, you have less to worry about Server Management.

You can email sales@gigalayer.com if you want a custom plan and free content migration.

Thanks... I know many sites in Nigeria using Arvixe but I don't know of I can trust them.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by DualCore1: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
Your budget won't cut you a deal for a Managed server running cPanel.

We've got the most affordable VPS deals here,
http://www.trudigits.com/vps.php
starting from 6,700 per month.

Bulk mailing allowed (you can set the limit yourself or ask for it to be set to whatever you want), no SPAM allowed... all outgoing mails must have an opt out link in them.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by rufaai(m): 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
Gerardcole:
Thanks... I know many sites in Nigeria using Arvixe but I don't know of I can trust them.

Though their plans seem catchy, I can only guaranty you GigaLayer. Is it only the mass-mailing and traffic you are opt-in for? You can have a seamless email settings with a VPS and heroic support.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Gerardcole(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2012
And this is a host you adviced me to go for. Thanks for your prompt reply though but with something like this happening to their site, how would i expect them to ensure mine is never off?

if you doubt it, check the time at the top right corner.

Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Slyr0x: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2012
^^^LMAOOOO. .

Joke Of The Day!
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by soloqy: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2012
Slyr0x: ^^^LMAOOOO. .

Joke Of The Day!

Lol, who is the joke on? Gigalayer/Rufaai or the OP?
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Slyr0x: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2012
Rufaai/GigaLayer. .

It's just like me telling a potential client I could help with securing his website/web apps against hackers. .and on checking my company website, you see a defaced webpage with "HACKED BY PAKISTANI HACKERS" and all sorta images jumping about. .

Says so much about the service(s) I claim to render wink
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by soloqy: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^
Lol.. I tell you
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by sarutobi: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
Managed vps costs more. why not get an unmanaged vps from linode. I think thier cheapest plan comes with 512mb ram and cost is $20. And it is built with OpenVZ so 512mb is 512mb. you get all you buy fully.

Linode is an american hosting company sha but they accept naira mastercard. No downtime at all and you control everything. I have been using them for 2 yrs now and very happy. Try them and say thank you grin

Kapish!
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by DAvIt0(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
check out kualo as my signature says
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by krs1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
we can offer you affordable vps hosting that is scalable. Prices start from
1. 2000 naira / month OR 20,000 a year.
2. 3000 naira / month OR 30,000 a year
3. 4000 naira / month OR 40,000 a year.
Email us for more: customerservice@cybwebhost.com
Visit our site: cybwebhost.com
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Gerardcole(m): 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
It seems I came the wrong way. I asked for help in choosing a good web host. Instead of telling me the best, you all suggesters except sarutobi took the avenue to advertise their hosting businesses.

I ll look for a good forum to ask this question or better still opt for arvixe.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by rufaai(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
Gerardcole: And this is a host you adviced me to go for. Thanks for your prompt reply though but with something like this happening to their site, how would i expect them to ensure mine is never off?

shocked I am speechless about that! But I assure you quality service, you can verify testimonies from clients right on twitter in relation to GigaLayer... at http://twitter.com/gigalayer/favorites wink
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by DualCore1: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
sarutobi: And it is built with OpenVZ so 512mb is 512mb. you get all you buy fully.
This info is incorrect. In OpenVZ 10 VPSes can be assigned 512MB each on a container with 2GB. I think you are mistaking it for XEN.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
Gerardcole: And this is a host you adviced me to go for. Thanks for your prompt reply though but with something like this happening to their site, how would i expect them to ensure mine is never off?

i doubt those image

you still have the favicon of gigalayer when the site is offline?
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by DualCore1: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
ActiveMan:

i doubt those image

Favicons are cached on first visit.

I checked the site around the same time that post was made and it didnt load until a refreshed again. Its no biggy, glitches happen that's why you don't see any serious host promising 100% uptime.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by soloqy: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
ActiveMan:

i doubt those image

Of course. It happens.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by sarutobi: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2012
Dual Core:
This info is incorrect. In OpenVZ 10 VPSes can be assigned 512MB each on a container with 2GB. I think you are mistaking it for XEN.

ha. You are correct. I must have typed that while i was drunk grin
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by DualCore1: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2012
^^ Pass the bottle around next time bro.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by naijafinder: 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
I will recommend you patronize Nigeria web hosting providers.
But if you want to consider offshore web hosting or web hosting providers abroad, then i will recommend www.namecheap.com for you
Name cheap Online Chat support is one of the best, you can downgrade and upgrade to any of their hosting package.

Webhosting review VPS hosting providers, cheap web host and advice on virtual web hosting solutions. Web Hosting Forum

Read more: Web Hosting Forum http://www.naijafinder.com/web-hosting-forum/
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 12, 2013
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
I'm designing a social network with PHP & MySQL Database
which web hosting service is best shared, vps or dedicated?
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Grantos: 4:17am On Mar 25, 2015
You really should try out www.234host.net
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by olicgad: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2015
Choosing a nigerian webhost is a good way to go, checkout http://sugaonline.com/vpshosting.html
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by Intellab(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
Go for hostwinds. I used there 1gig RAM windows vps. It's cheap.
Re: Please Suggest Best VPS Hosting Provider by passyjango(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
Liquid Web and HostGator are two good options to checkout. For more of my recommendation see my post on best VPS hosting https://www.naijatechguide.com/2018/05/best-vps-hosting.html

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Running On My Wapka Site What Did You Think Webmaster / How To Create A Blog Using Google Blogger / The Best School Management Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.