Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN (7095 Views)

'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
Well, as I wrote earlier. Democracy is about alternatives. The way ACN has chosen to run its party affairs shouldn't be of concern to non-ACN members. As long as the outcome is accepted by the INEC, the electoral umpire saddled with that responsibility. What should be of concern is making your choice at the polls. I am happy we basically agree making the electoral process credible is of utmost importance here.

Tinubu imposed his wife on the party so you say, did he impose the voters too?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
We really need to stop comparing Awo's time because the reality of now is quite different. Go and ask Osoba, with all the good works he did in Ogun between 1999 and 2003, what happened to him? You need to put things in proper perspective.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
what happens in every party is of concern to those who wish to be concerned as they are funded from the public purse it is specious to say; it is of no concern but they make a choice by voting, that is defining the NATURE of concern not whether or not there ought to be concern . Even if they were not publicly funded it is my concern how candidates emerge. Anyhow the subject is a comparison of ACN to PDP no one is concerning themselves with ACN out of a vacuum we were comparing ACN to PDP saying they were the same and you came in to contradict that so please do not try and confuse the issue

Whether or not Tinubu's wife was imposed on voters is debatable.We cannot eat our cake and have it if we continue to make the argument that PDP rigs election we must accept ACN does the same they are even alleged to buy Judges. Many believe she was rigged in just like Yar'adua

It is YOUR opinion that the reality now is different from Awo's time, The reality of Monday is different from tuesday ditto every election from the last 4 years ad infinitum, there are hundreds of other opinions in the market. Your perspective = proper and any contrary view improper?
or you have a machine somewhere that tells you what is proper perspective?

You have your worldview which is one of milions

no one climbed any mountain and came down with tablets of stone telling us PROPER PERSPECTIVE you have OPINIONS which are a penny a dozen yours are not superior to any other

I fail to see what OSOBA has to do with the claim that ACN re not the same as PDP

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ok then. I have to agree with the bolded.

aribisala0: what happens in every party is of concern to those who wish to be concerned as they are funded from the public purse it is specious to say; it is of no concern but they make a choice by voting, that is defining the NATURE of concern not whether or not there ought to be concern . Even if they were not publicly funded it is my concern how candidates emerge. Whether or not Tinubu's wife was imposed on voters is debatable.We cannot eat our cake and have it if we continue to make the argument that PDP rigs election we must accept ACN does the same they are even alleged to buy Judges. Many believe she was rigged in just like Yar'adua

It is YOUR opinion that the reality now is different from Awo's time, The reality of Monday is different from tuesday ditto every election from the last 4 years ad infinitum, there are hundreds of other opinions in the market. Your perspective = proper and any contrary view improper?
or you have a machine somewhere that tells you what is proper perspective?

You have your worldview which is one of milions

no one climbed any mountain and came down with tablets of stone telling us PROPER PERSPECTIVE you have OPINIONS which are a penny a dozen yours are not superior to any other

Got to go, internet time exhausted.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
Akanbi_edu: In the end, it's going to be about providing alternatives to people. This is why debates about credible electoral process are more important. People should be able to change government if they feel dissatisfied.

To say there is no difference between PDP and ACN is largely unfair. This is a position commonly taken by those who like to stay neutral so that they claim a moral higher ground if things go wrong.

I am not a supporter of giving people things free but if you pay closer attention, you would have noticed it's almost impossible to not to do that if you want to win elections. Most of critics lack understanding of grassroot in Nigeria. There seem to be a disconnect somewhere. A lot of Nigerian masses live below poverty level and have no means of sustaining themselves, something has to keep them going. That is the sad reality. I believe as time goes on, things like these are going to reduce.

My guy, you are an impressive dude. I would sincerely love to meet you someday. Your pragmatism, that sees you rising above idealism , and a cheap desire to "play to the gallery", is impressive. You take a stance because you feel it is the right stance to take and not because it is the 'cool' or populist stance that will get you 'liked'. Very rare in this day and age of social networking where folks turn to the net for instant fame and gratification. You are totally correct in stating that those who want no responsibility always choose the neutral path. Those who do not believe in anything passionately leave their development entirely in the hands of others.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Are we talking about the same thing here? choosing a political party or option in the market place or about some esoteric higher truth accessible only to higher humans. As usual the same same sanctimonious self-indulgent, vainglorious,verbose, vacuous boring ,breezy bombastic bluster .
Airy aphorisms such as

Those who do not believe in anything passionately leave their development entirely in the hands of others.

are just as meaningless as their converse

Those who believe in anything passionately leave their development entirely in the hands of others.

A political choice is just that a political choice and then there is fanaticism often they are neighbours

If the subject were religion and the sentiment the same we would be talking ABUKAKAS

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Odutodaiwa: 12:24am On Oct 04, 2012
@Gbawe. The other guy on this Nairaland. a guy who claimed to know you said a close family member of yours is a political appointee of ACN is Osun state. If that is true, then I can only conclude that you are one disaster that happened to our democracy. You know, you cannot force ACN down anyone's throat. We all criticized Jonathan and of course we still not because he is non Yoruba but simply because the guy has failed to perform.

With 17 to 24 months after inauguration of most ACN governors in the South West. Their performances can only be described as disappointing. All these rubbish about Fashola delivered BRT and since Amosun now has BMT he is due for praises doesn't fly with me at all. If there is anything significant in that you claimed Amosun did. It is the 500 transformers. To think that a state government will boast of those poorly constructed street roads as achievement shows that yourself and Amosun are jokes.

Forget all the crazy things that Gbenga Daniel did in his second term. He was quite good in his first term. Remember Gbenga Daniel built several stadia in Ogun including the famous ijebu Ode stadium. He dualised lagos-Abeokuta express lane. built so many town roads as well as schools. What has SIA done with all mega billions from the federal allocations as well as 2Billion naira IGR monthly.

Deal with it. Some of us are loosing faith in the ACN because they have not lived up to expectations, even in Lagos my sincere feelings is that contracts are over inflated as per 1.5-3 Billion naira per Km of road. And in your own interest moderate your feelings about ACN stuffz. We did not vote for ACN because some see it as Yoruba party. Rather, we voted believing they will perform. If they fail to deliver. We'll kick them out!!!.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 12:35am On Oct 04, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
@Gbawe. The other guy on this Nairaland. a guy who claimed to know you said a close family member of yours is a political appointee of ACN is Osun state. If that is true, then I can only conclude that you are one disaster that happened to our democracy. You know, you cannot force ACN down anyone's throat. We all criticized Jonathan and of course we still not because he is non Yoruba but simply because the guy has failed to perform.

With 17 to 24 months after inauguration of most ACN governors in the South West. Their performances can only be described as disappointing. All these rubbish about Fashola delivered BRT and since Amosun now has BMT he is due for praises doesn't fly with me at all. If there is anything significant in that you claimed Amosun did. It is the 500 transformers. To think that a state government will boast of those poorly constructed street roads as achievement shows that yourself and Amosun are jokes.

Forget all the crazy things that Gbenga Daniel did in his second term. He was quite good in his first term. Remember Gbenga Daniel built several stadia in Ogun including the famous ijebu Ode stadium. He dualised lagos-Abeokuta express lane. built so many town roads as well as schools. What has SIA done with all mega billions from the federal allocations as well as 2Billion naira IGR monthly.

Deal with it. Some of us are loosing faith in the ACN because they have not lived up to expectations, even in Lagos my sincere feelings is that contracts are over inflated as per 1.5-3 Billion naira per Km of road. And in your own interest moderate your feelings about ACN stuffz. We did not vote for ACN because some see it as Yoruba party. Rather, we voted believing they will perform. If they fail to deliver. We'll kick them out!!!.

Gidigbam!!!

God bless you! This is my point exactly!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:

This is how, because we share a forum, some of you have no problem spreading malicious rumours about others. No one here "knows me" and I have no familial connection with Osun State let alone be associated with any politician there. What next? I am Tinubu's brother? What is wrong with you people and why do you find it so easy to act like an uncivilised lynch mob?

As for the rest of your post, issues are very simple. You are shown what a Governor has done in a year out of a 4 year term. It is better than the efforts of virtually every Governor in Nigeria. If you are not happy then please vote the Governor out, if indeed he is even your Governor, or start your own Party.

I think some of you mistake my support of the ACN to mean I am trying to sell them to you. To that extent, you think I am a focal point for you to attack and vent your frustrations at. Please use your vote as you please if indeed you are even registered to vote and not some ignorant diasporan commenting about States he has never visited and knows nothing about. Vote for anyone you want or better still, present yourself as a candidate. What is important is that you wean yourself of the intolerance that makes you eager to attack other because they make it known they support a Party. Even on this thread ,and in your post, pervasive ignorance is obvious. It is almost as if some folks want the right to wallow in ignorance and negativity for the sake of it.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2012
aribisala0: Are we talking about the same thing here? choosing a political party or option in the market place or about some esoteric higher truth accessible only to higher humans. As usual the same same sanctimonious self-indulgent, vainglorious,verbose, vacuous boring ,breezy bombastic bluster .
Airy aphorisms such as

Those who do not believe in anything passionately leave their development entirely in the hands of others.

are just as meaningless as their converse

Those who believe in anything passionately leave their development entirely in the hands of others.

A political choice is just that a political choice and then there is fanaticism often they are neighbours

If the subject were religion and the sentiment the same we would be talking ABUKAKAS

My guy, you love these rambling dialogues you assume to be philosophical. Are you an aspiring Freud? Jung? The simple point is that those who are passionate about things get educated/involved enough to excel and control their own destiny. Whether it is applied to a budding footballers or political supporter, passion helps to overcome apathy. Apathy and ignorance combine to be the bane of Nigerian politics.

What you write, trying to flip the script because you enjoy being contrarian for the sake of it, makes absolutely no sense at all because relating passion to fanaticism/extremism means you are just seeking pedantic argument for the sake of it. You should stick to discussing tangible concepts of politics because , every time you talk, I discern a desire to move issues to an arena of nebulous pontifications that suits your lack of detailed knowledge.

I don't care for those sort of argument. My own, as a politically inclined person from the SW, is to hold leaders to account especially as per their manifesto and campaign pledge. A "passionate" political supporter would know the campaign pledges to begin with and the contract of performance they 'signed' with leaders. Those who are led , because they are passionate enough, can then ensure they hold leaders to account. In that way, they are not leaving their development in the hands of others. Simple and not "vainglorious verbosity". That notion applies only to you from what you have written here.

Let us move things to politics because this is the politics sections and I feel aspiring philosophers like you, even as I think you suck at it, try to obfuscate issues with irrelevant talk. Below is the five-point agenda Amosun presented to voters. They, the voters, accepted this and voted for him. Simple concept. Given all that has been delivered by Amosun, to include even going beyond his election pledge to the people in some cases, what is the point you are trying to make here? I hope you will use the link below and not just continue talking for the sake of it. Let us discuss politics.

Take up that challenge and show what your perception of efficacy is because I only see "vainglorious verbosity" and arrogance in your talk given that leaders , in an elective democracy, are mainly obligated to fulfil their pledges to the electorate. Yet, that is not good enough for folks like you who argue vacuously, negatively and nebulously to the extent you even confuse yourself and others regarding what constitute good leadership. Like I said, use the link below and come back to talk politics.

http://ogunstate.gov.ng/index.php/our-agenda
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2012
Because you say someone is ignorant does not make it so; they can quite as easily say you are ignorant.
We have a disagreement of ideas and you wish for yours to prevail not on the strength of their intrinsic or extrinsic suasiveness but by bullying,battering,bulldozing and bombast well that just won't work here .There are bigger bullies here and quite frankly too many smart kids around. So quit all that " you are ignorant,ungracious" routine it is a sign you are running out of ideas. The issue here is ACN vs PDP and many Nigerians are skeptical that there is any genuine difference between the two parties.Ultimately we have differnt opinions and can respectfully disagree just as we would on religious preference.

Not everyone places the same premium on bricks and mortar as an index of governmental efectiveness. Cuba is a good example of a country that has invested heavily in its people and is poised to leapfrog Nigeria anytime the USA eases sanctions. They have invested more in software(humans) than hardware(roads etc) with a clear strategy in mind.Anyone who has live in rural Nigeria will have observed how quickly Soldier ants can rebuild a hill when destroyed.This is a reflection of their "knowledge". Presently Nigeria does not invest in "knowledge" and so we do not reap any of the benefits.Those who have, come to Nigeria to make a fortune in the name of "Expatriate Oyinbo and more recently Chinese" That is the issue of the 21st century not celebrating the building of roads and bridges.
Showing a million photos changes nothing and to me is like trying to prove the Christian god is superior to the muslim one,an exercise in masochism in my opinion.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 9:07am On Oct 04, 2012
aribisala0: Because you say someone is ignorant does not make it so; they can quite as easily say you are ignorant.
We have a disagreement of ideas and you wish for yours to prevail not on the strength of their intrinsic or extrinsic suasiveness but by bullying,battering,bulldozing and bombast well that just won't work here .There are bigger bullies here and quite frankly too many smart kids around. So quit all that " you are ignorant,ungracious" routine it is a sign you are running out of ideas. The issue here is ACN vs PDP and many Nigerians are skeptical that there is any genuine difference between the two parties.Ultimately we have differnt opinions and can respectfully disagree just as we would on religious preference. Showing million photos chnges nothing and to me is like trying to prove the Christian god is superior to the muslim one,an exercise in masochism in my opinion

Here we go again. Guy, simply stick to inspecting the political strength, or lack thereof, contained in what folks say!!!! Simple enough concept !!!! Anyone can come here to continue talking because they like the sound of their voice but that won't fool folks forever.

I have thrown you a simple challenge above. Stop the show of arrogance and demonstrate that you understand the relationship between citizens and their leaders. Citizens vote for specific candidates because they like the political agenda of those candidates more than others!!! Very, very simple concept !!! Therein lies the 'contract' between leaders and those who are led.

When that candidate is then working holistically to deliver on that agenda, to the extent he enjoys near 70% approval of those he entered into a 'contract' with, what are you displaying if not empty arrogance and a desire to pander to negativity? Are you not just talking for the sake of it?

Who do leaders need to please? Someone like you who is into abstract verbosity he thinks makes him appear smart or real citizens who simply demanded better healthcare, better transport facilities, quality education for their children, better security, better infrastructure etc? If a very large majority of those people , as real users of the land, are then happy with the efforts of their leaders, that everyone can see and feel, what exactly is your point?
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 9:53am On Oct 04, 2012
Your response is too short why not write a book.
Real users of what land? Where?What are you talking about? Really you are not communicating

Stop arrogance indeed! You have opinions others disagree with you simply accept there is no basis to determine whose opinion is right. My point is there is no difference between ACN and PDP you believe there is I respect that you in turn respect those who disagree with you and stop pretending you have some arcane wisdom no one else can access. I am not trying to change your views just airing a different one stop trying to bully people to accept your views.

I am not arguing the substance of your views with you all I am saying is you are INTOLERANT in an extremist way

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2012
aribisala0: Your response is too short why not write a book.
Real users of what land? Where?What are you talking about? Really you are not communicating

Stop arrogance indeed! You have opinions others disagree with you simply accept there is no basis to determine whose opinion is right. My point is there is no difference between ACN and PDP you believe there is I respect that you in turn respect those who disagree with you and stop pretending you have some arcane wisdom no one else can access. I am not trying to change your views just airing a different one stop trying to bully people to accept your views.

I am not arguing the substance of your views with you all I am saying is you are INTOLERANT in an extremist way

God !!! You are simply insufferable!! So now, you confess you speak because of your focus on personalities? What was all your pretence about then? Why not simply face the issue under discussion by sticking to the topic? Why can't some of you not simply be fair and equitable human beings? You start off by being very judgemental of others. You stereotype and subliminally insult others. When they respond, you then claim you are being bullied. That is cowardly dude. I will use this thread as an example of how folks like you embrace unfairness only to then begin playing victim. I spoke here, for the first time, after Akanbi Edu wrote:

Akanbi_edu: You guys shouldn't worry much. ACN is just consolidating its power base in states like Ogun
Another thing is when change happen, people forget easily how bad things were in the past. For example, when last did you hear news about Ibadan NURTW crises or the show of shame that was the order of the day between Gbenga Daniel and the Ogun state assembly? Things like these are taken for granted until they become a BH-like situation.

I then directly replied, telling no lie whatsoever, and even sticking to talks of Ogun State that Akanbi Edu mentioned, with this:

Superb point. When has Gbenga Daniel ever bought 500 brand new transformers to improve electrification in Ogun State? When has OGD ever shown the responsiveness Amosun did in lobbying industry in Ogun State to contribute towards the purchase of the most modern APC's (armoured personnel carriers ) in Nigeria to the gushing praise of Nigeria's top policemen? How many Nigerian Governors bother to take on the role of the negligent FG when it is easier for them to just fold their arms and enjoy robust personal security while everyone else is "on their own"? How about Amosun's drive to attract investment into the State? What of his effort in healthcare to include the ambulance service that has seen Ogun State become the first in Nigeria to adopt the United Nations harmonised action on Road Safety which sets a target of reducing road accidents and casualties by 50% between 2011 and 2020? There are a lot of things many are missing because they are expecting the wrong changes.

Folks can go to the State official website to see for themselves. Amosun is a million times better than OGD and he has delivered far more than he is given credit for.

http://ogunstate.gov.ng/

Despite sticking to the topic, concerning the performance of incumbents that means the PDP is unlikely to return easily to the SW, I only received ignorant insults. Who is the real bully then? Is it not you and others who enter a thread to single out others for your personal and insulting attention instead of discussing the topic?

Was my first and second response here insulting towards anyone? Did I attack anyone or did I just submit my opinion, in a civil manner, as I am entitled to? Did I, like you and others, single out anyone to stereotype/insult/defame? Did I seek to bully anyone here and disenfranchise their opinion by claiming falsely that they are related to politicians from a certain State? Be fair dude. In all honesty, I think you are confused about what a bully is. A bully is someone who throws the first blow because he expects to cower others. When some are then not cowered and even overcome the bully, that is when the bully begins to complain of bullying. Prove, anywhere on this thread, I threw the 'first blow' against anyone. Yet I can prove easily, you and others did. To then turn around and accuse others of bullying is then just sad. Stick to politics and the topic, in a civil manner, and you will find me responding appropriately.

I never tried to "bully people to accept your views" as you claim. Issues for me remains about how people like you want the freedom to wallow in ignorance and negativity while creating false impressions about those delivering on the 'contract' they signed with the folks who really matter. Forget your grandstanding. If you are willing to engage me purely from a political aspect, then I am willing to show you politely and respectfully that you are not informed enough to come to the conclusions you do. Let us inspect , without any personal attacks, the political dynamics concerning those who made pledges and got elected to deliver on those pledges. That is the only thing that matters ultimately.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Gbawe:

God !!! You are simply insufferable!! So now, you confess you speak because of your focus on personalities? What was all your pretence about then? Why not simply face the issue under discussion by sticking to the topic? Why can't some of you not simply be fair and equitable human beings? You start off by being very judgemental of others. You stereotype and subliminally insult others. When they respond, you then claim you are being bullied. That is cowardly dude. I will use this thread as an example of how folks like you embrace unfairness only to then begin playing victim. I spoke here, for the first time, after Akanbi Edu wrote:

I then directly replied, telling no lie whatsoever, and even sticking to talks of Ogun State that Akanbi Edu mentioned, with this:

Despite sticking to the topic, concerning the performance of incumbents that means the PDP is unlikely to return easily to the SW, I only received ignorant insults. Who is the real bully then? Is it not you and others who enter a thread to single out others for your personal and insulting attention instead of discussing the topic?

Was my first and second response here insulting towards anyone? Did I attack anyone or did I just submit my opinion, in a civil manner, as I am entitled to? Did I, like you and others, single out anyone to stereotype/insult/defame? Did I seek to bully anyone here and disenfranchise their opinion by claiming falsely that they are related to politicians from a certain State? Be fair dude. In all honesty, I think you are confused about what a bully is. A bully is someone who throws the first blow because he expects to cower others. When some are then not cowered and even overcome the bully, that is when the bully begins to complain of bullying. Prove, anywhere on this thread, I threw the 'first blow' against anyone. Yet I can prove easily, you and others did. To then turn around and accuse others of bullying is then just sad. Stick to politics and the topic, in a civil manner, and you will find me responding appropriately.

I never tried to "bully people to accept your views" as you claim. Issues for me remains about how people like you want the freedom to wallow in ignorance and negativity while creating false impressions about those delivering on the 'contract' they signed with the folks who really matter. Forget your grandstanding. If you are willing to engage me purely from a political aspect, then I am willing to show you politely and respectfully that you are not informed enough to come to the conclusions you do. Let us inspect , without any personal attacks, the political dynamics concerning those who made pledges and got elected to deliver on those pledges. That is the only thing that matters ultimately.

Your family might be insufferable but that is for you to sort out! You called people alata and that is extremism your sudden epiphany that I am not sticking to topic is a joke . I can choose what aspect of prior discussion I wish to talk about and have not anywhere talked about Your boyfriend Amosun
Have I argued with you about your Lord and Master Amosun anywhere on the thread.

Bottomline many people do not agree with you as is their right. Stop bullying or pontificating as if somehow making a political choice is some major cerebral breakthrough.

My point is simple you have an opinion which is not superior to others here so stop calling people ignorant because they disagree with you.
You think you have knowledge and others wallow in ignorance who do you think you are other that a conceited clown. You are no more knowledgeable than anyone

If saying you have a tendency to extremism is "throwing a blow" as you lament then you have a very fragile ego indeed
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by divatosin(f): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Thank God the south west is not Nigeria,let that tribal Demi god keep playing his tribal politics cos that's the only way he can thrive.There's the N/W,N/E,N/C,S/E,S/S,so for some people to harbour the delusion of believing the S/W will fail GEJ is seriously laughable.

Mr President's achievements so far in office will surely see him through come 2015 if he decides to contest.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by danjohn: 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
Akanbi_edu: You guys shouldn't worry much. ACN is just consolidating its power base in states like Ogun and Oyo.

Performance/popularity is good but may not be enough to win elections against a machinery like PDP. Examples of this assertion abound; Buhari's performance against Jonathan in the last general election even in northern states,Gani Fawehinmi against Obj, Pat Utomi etc. If you put up an El-rufai (a known performer) against Bala Muhammed in FCT, I can assure you Bala most likely will win. That is the reality of current Nigeria.

So we can't even begin to compare ACN-SW to PDP-SW yet.

Another thing is when change happen, people forget easily how bad things were in the past. For example, when last did you hear news about Ibadan NURTW crises or the show of shame that was the order of the day between Gbenga Daniel and the Ogun state assembly? Things like these are taken for granted until they become a BH-like situation.

What are you smoking? Buhari won all the Core Northern States. He won Kano, Kaduna, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Jigawa, Kastina, Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Yobe, and Niger. The only states he didnt win in the North were states where the Hausa speaking population was less than 50%. Mind you Buhari had a shoe string campaign budget. He won all these states despite the billions of naira that Jonathan spent campaigning there.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Desola(f): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
aribisala0:

Your family might be insufferable but that is for you to sort out! You called people alata and that is extremism your sudden epiphany that I am not sticking to topic is a joke . I can choose what aspect of prior discussion I wish to talk about and have not anywhere talked about Your boyfriend Amosun
Have I argued with you about your Lord and Master Amosun anywhere on the thread.

Bottomline many people do not agree with you as is their right. Stop bullying or pontificating as if somehow making a political choice is some major cerebral breakthrough.

My point is simple you have an opinion which is not superior to others here so stop calling people ignorant because they disagree with you.
You think you have knowledge and others wallow in ignorance who do you think you are other that a conceited clown. You are no more knowledgeable than anyone

If saying you have a tendency to extremism is "throwing a blow" as you lament then you have a very fragile ego indeed

God bless you real good!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
mapet:
What I see on NL is a whole lot of misinformation. Funily enough a lot of people that comment about governors or states probably have never been to that state.
True, a lot of peeps post information from government propaganda platforms. I only take serious, post from residents of the states in question.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, you are an impressive dude. I would sincerely love to meet you someday. Your pragmatism, that sees you rising above idealism , and a cheap desire to "play to the gallery", is impressive. You take a stance because you feel it is the right stance to take and not because it is the 'cool' or populist stance that will get you 'liked'. Very rare in this day and age of social networking where folks turn to the net for instant fame and gratification. You are totally correct in stating that those who want no responsibility always choose the neutral path. Those who do not believe in anything passionately leave their development entirely in the hands of others.

Thanks for the compliments. You are welcome my brother. I used to have a signature "neutralists are dangerous". My stand is as a result of personal experience with managing people. I even prefer dealing with people like Beaf, whose outlook is almost entirely against mine than people whose stand I don't know. Because I know they can never appreciate what it takes to build systems. If you give them a white paper with a small dot, they most likely will see the small dot instead of the bigger white portion.

For example, Lagos state government has performed/still performing well in many areas but Aribisala came to conclusion that ACN and PDP are the same because local governments in Lagos are not doing well. Admittedly, the local governments are not doing well but is that enough to make general statements like that?

I feel that these things should be anticipated though, it's human nature. You of all people should know your people enough that as soon as PDP was out, they are going to turn their beamlight on ACN. This is not a bad thing though, it infact is a healthy development. Just that it has a serious disadvantage when you put it in the larger Nigerian context. Is this not a country where we gained GEJ as the C-in-C. I advise we start keeping records of progress made by the ACN-led government because we have the most vocal Nigerians to deal with in 2015. Those things should include what the situation was before ACN took over the states.

Let me tell you a short story. In my university days my class rep, who happened to be a friend, used to have trouble with class mates. They accused him of so many things. The poor guy came to me for advice. I gave him one. The next day, the guy stood up in front of the class and told them he was resigning and that whoever is interested in becoming the class rep should come forward. Nobody came out. This is the reality. Just two years ago in Oyo state, contesting against an Akala was almost equal to signing a death warrant. In Ogun state, Dipo Dina lost his life, Bajomo lost his life, OGD was going around town with cult boys who carried weapons with them. A PDP local government chairman shot his people. These are the real risk people face because of politics in the hands of PDP and some "baseje" will come and be vomitting nonsense here.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Thanks for the compliments. You are welcome my brother. I used to have a signature "neutralists are dangerous". My stand is as a result of personal experience with managing people. I even prefer dealing with people like Beaf, whose outlook is almost entirely against mine than people whose stand I don't know. Because I know they can never appreciate what it takes to build systems. If you give them a white paper with a small dot, they most likely will see the small dot instead of the bigger white portion.

For example, Lagos state government has performed/still performing well in many areas but Aribisala came to conclusion that ACN and PDP are the same because local governments in Lagos are not doing well. Admittedly, the local governments are not doing well but is that enough to make general statements like that?

I feel that these things should be anticipated though, it's human nature. You of all people should know your people enough that as soon as PDP was out, they are going to turn their beamlight on ACN. This is not a bad thing though, it infact is a healthy development. Just that it has a serious disadvantage when you put it in the larger Nigerian context. Is this not a country where we gained GEJ as the C-in-C. I advise we start keeping records of progress made by the ACN-led government because we have the most vocal Nigerians to deal with in 2015. Those things should include what the situation was before ACN took over the states.

Let me tell you a short story. In my university days my class rep, who happened to be a friend, used to have trouble with class mates. They accused him of so many things. The poor guy came to me for advice. I gave him one. The next day, the guy stood up in front of the class and told them he was resigning and that whoever is interested in becoming the class rep should come forward. Nobody came out. This is the reality. Just two years ago in Oyo state, contesting against an Akala was almost equal to signing a death warrant. In Ogun state, Dipo Dina lost his life, Bajomo lost his life, OGD was going around town with cult boys who carried weapons with them. A PDP local government chairman shot his people. These are the real risk people face because of politics in the hands of PDP and some "baseje" will come and be vomitting nonsense here.

Quite how did you conclude how I came to my conclusions ?? Did I tell you or are you just so intent on making your points you will even lie. Did you not say on this same thread it is no concern on non members what happens in ACN did you not defend the imposition of Tinubu's wife? Did I not mention election rigging, lack of internal party democracy stealing ,bribery of Judges allegations deductions from Lagos state money to prosecute elections in Ekiti.
Did we not mention corruption,election rigging,dictatorial tendencies of Tinubu,how he removed the Lagos Deputy governor all on this thread and you come to say I concluded because of the local government situation. Does that not look emetic to you?

If you will argue argue honestly and based on facts. You and Gbawe can jerk each other off but please find a hotel or shed!It is nauseating.

As far as logic is concerned you let yourself down The fact that ACN and PDP are considered the same means that the speaker is neutral? Are those the only political parties. What exactly does neutral mean? That you do not belong to one party or re not prepared to abuse others who do not share your views. Your logic is : one MUST support ACN or PDP well I choose to do neither and if it displeases you well...
Ultimately all I will say to you is this remove PDP and ACN substitute with Boko Haram and Christian and apply your logic . Why the anger? That people disagree with you ? Have you run out of arguments they are now "baseje" vomiting. It is so easy to call you baseje and your offering vomit.Then? What next? bombs and shooting? You are not far off from being a terrorist and the mask is slipping already.
As fascinating as your gory imagery is, it is irrelevant and does not buttress what preceded it.
I may refer you to numerous Boko Haram killings and say "oh you cannot be neutral" and must join some imaginary holy war on some imaginary self legislated "side" and start killing "enemies". In 1993 Otedola of NRC was governor in Lagos and SDP controlled the House of Assembly. Were the voters "neutral" or are Americans neutral in handing the Senate to Republicans? Some voters are not fanatics and do not vote in a stereotyped way as you would prescribe

you are right "neutralists" are dangerous .......,. to fanatics but that is probably reciprocal!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
aribisala0:

Quite how did you conclude how I came to my conclusions ?? Did I tell you or are you just so intent on making your points you will even lie. Did you not say on this same thread it is no concern on non members what happens in ACN did you not defend the imposition of Tinubu's wife? Did I not mention election rigging, lack of internal party democracy stealing ,bribery of Judges allegations deductions from Lagos state money to prosecute elections in Ekiti.

If you will argue argue honestly and based on facts. You and Gbawe and jerk each other off but please find a hotel or shed!It is nauseating.

As far as logic is concerned you let yourself down The fact that ACN and PDP are considered the same means that the speaker is neutral? Are those the only political parties. What exactly does neutral mean? That you do not belong to one party or re not prepared to abuse others who do not share your views. Your logic is : one MUST support ACN or PDP well I choose to do neither and if it displeases you well...
Ultimately all I will say to you is this remove PDP and ACN substitute with Boko Haram and Christian and apply your logic . Why the anger? That people disagree with you ? Have you run out of arguments they are now "baseje" vomiting it is so easy to cal you baseje and your offering vomit ? Then? What next bombs and shooting? You are not far off from being a terrorist and the mask is slipping already

Imposition of Tinubu's wife --- nothing wrong with that, the people voted her
Did I not mention election rigging---you can't substantiate this
lack of internal party democracy---this is not non-ACN members business.
stealing ---unsubstantiated
bribery of Judges allegations ---allegations, thats what they are
deductions from Lagos state money to prosecute elections in Ekiti.---unsubstantiated

Are these your basis of saying ACN is the same as PDP? This is a very poor assessment IMO. You have your percieved bad side of ACN there, can you please list some good side of the ACN?

I am not angry ooooo. I am not a terrorist, you are the fundamentalist.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by aribisala0(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

deductions from Lagos state money to prosecute elections in Ekiti.---unsubstantiated

Are these your basis of saying ACN is the same as PDP? This is a very poor assessment IMO. You have your percieved bad side of ACN there, can you please list some good side of the ACN?

Firstly I am entitled to form political opinions on allegations,dreams,casting lots or anything else I choose and no one has the right to undermine that or abuse me for that.
You made a claim that I concluded about ACN for one reason only that is a lie I gave so many reasons it does not matter whether the reasons are true or not but that I believe them to be true . Whether or not they are true is an entirely different debate
If you say they are all allegations I already addressed that. The allegations that PDP rigged in Yaradua,Obasanjo OGD etc are just that "allegations" as is the claim that MKO won the June 12 elections and many other widely held beliefs. We cannot pick and choose which allegations are gospel and which are not

ACN and PDP members decamp regularly to each other Demola Adeniji-Adele, Atiku are two obvious example but I know there are scores so for me they are the same

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Weigher: 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
Gbawe! U are a liar, were u in Abeokuta? I live in ABEOKUTA capital city....... Stop all this ur media propaganda. Amosun is simply cluessless, no achievement expect some previous project by d ex governor which he re-touched. I beg d man na flop,all d traders don turn to beggars, workers don turn to walker, no reduction in tuition fees across d state institution as promised during his campaign, no free medical care for ages, no total free Education for both sec&primary school has acclaimed, d state secondary&primary school student are currently pay 600 for PTA, 200 for insurance and 200 for material. There is also no provision for chair& desk, all student bring their chair and dest frm there various home during resumption. His only achievement is d 2.3km rd(6lane) from ibara junction to totoro junction for a whooping 4.5billions. I beg if u come Abk come say this Gbawe u go stone to death instantly. All of us way vote 4 him don dey curse him........ He was was widely called IROKUNLE nw. Egba is not smilling at all

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by divatosin(f): 11:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

You are certainly mad,what do u know about violence in the south west during 2007 elections we all know how many thugs that where arrested in Osun state who confirmed upon interrogation that they were hired by 'Agberosola'.Is it not that round rimmed ethnic Demi god that legitimised area boys in boys in Lagos state,my friend if u don't have anything to say apart from betraying ur bias,I advice like Aribasala suggested u n Gbawe should get a hotel room to sort ur selves out.

I am non partisan and I believe with deep conviction that PDP is a better political party compared to the ACN and that the problems with this country are not cos of politcal parties.We would have been worse off having Tinubu as a national leader,I stand to be challenged.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2012
Weigher: Gbawe! U are a liar, were u in Abeokuta? I live in ABEOKUTA capital city....... Stop all this ur media propaganda. Amosun is simply cluessless, no achievement expect some previous project by d ex governor which he re-touched. I beg d man na flop,all d traders don turn to beggars, workers don turn to walker, no reduction in tuition fees across d state institution as promised during his campaign, no free medical care for ages, no total free Education for both sec&primary school has acclaimed, d state secondary&primary school student are currently pay 600 for PTA, 200 for insurance and 200 for material. There is also no provision for chair& desk, all student bring their chair and dest frm there various home during resumption. His only achievement is d 2.3km rd(6lane) from ibara junction to totoro junction for a whooping 4.5billions. I beg if u come Abk come say this Gbawe u go stone to death instantly. All of us way vote 4 him don dey curse him........ He was was widely called IROKUNLE nw. Egba is not smilling at all

This is how people like you, whatever your motivation, tell lies because you probably accept that human beings love anything negative. What 4.5 billion are you talking about? where did you get that ridiculous figure from? Does such a wild lie not show you as someone with an agenda? You speak exactly as the Omisore's and Oni's of the world do i.e propose laughable and outlandish lies out of sheer frustration. It is understandable that some may not be aware of the achievements of the Government but your wild and desperate lie is not acceptable and discredits everything else you have said. In fact the Ita-Eko-Totoro Road , laudably, was delivered to budget and on time. Find other more 'believable' lies to tell.

https://www.nairaland.com/745652/ogun-awards-six-lane-road-contract

The Ogun State government yesterday signed a contract with China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) for the construction of a six-lane road in Abeokuta, the state capital, in line with its determination to build infrastructure across the state.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Yusuph Olaniyonu, made this known in a statement in Abeokuta Thursday, adding that the road, stretching between Ibara Roundabout and Ita-Eko-Totoro Road in the town, is expected to be completed within eight months.

He said the construction will cost the state government ₦1.3 billion and will consist of six lanes, median with street lights, drainage systems, sidewalk as well as a green belt on either side of the road.

The Ogun State Executive Council had earlier this month approved the construction and rehabilitation of several roads, cutting across the state in line with the governor Ibikunle Amosun's infrastructure development and urban renewal agenda. The governor had expressed his displeasure with the derelict state of road network in the state and promised to repair them.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2012
aribisala0:

Your family might be insufferable but that is for you to sort out! I can choose what aspect of prior discussion
indeed

grin grin grin grin Aribisala, why do you not evolve at all over time? I have known you on this forum for a while and you are always the same. Always the first to insult others and, ultimately, always the first to lose his cool and get extreme. What concerns my family in this? Is it not 'man to man' any more?

You called people alata and that is extremism your sudden epiphany that I am not sticking to topic is a joke .

Here we go again. You have gone a full 360 degrees to show what I say about you above. Bringing this up shows what you want to turn the thread into i.e an Arena to invite other to join you and 'beef' others you have issues with. What does my argument with others have to do with you? Did you read to note what led to that or are you just keen to proclaim guilt because of your intrinsic bias against others? You are indeed not sticking to the topic because , with the direction you are taking, you might as well go ahead and focus on everyone I exchanged words with here. You could also nitpick every word I have used talking to others. Where would that leave the topic?

In any case, is it not amusing you don't see what is obvious? I am extremist for speaking directly to someone and limiting my talk to them alone? What are you, if not the real extremist, with how you go beyond talking to an individual to insult their family childishly? What has my family got to do with this conversation? Is it not an individual you have issues with ? Is it his family? You see you glaring hypocrisy laid bare?

I wish to talk about and have not anywhere talked about Your boyfriend Amosun

grin grin grin Nairaland and its emotional characters. Well, going by your emotional and childish outburst, everyone is a boyfriend or girlfriend of political leaders since we talk about them passionately here every single day. How distinctly childish. I think you confuse this with the romance section.

More childishness. Your indirect pontifications simply show you don't know what you are talking about.

Guy, I know you well enough here to understand why we are now at this stage. It is standard modus operandi for you. No one is bullying you. Stay on topic and don't deploy subliminal insults only to then resort to playing victim to garner pity/support.

Why did you then mask your so-called point in an attempt to discuss politics by talking of "clippers and bridges"? In any case, have I just called anyone ignorant for no reason like you found it expedient to label others extremist with your first contribution here? Why don't you show where I have insulted anyone without provocation?

Well, simply stay on topic and prove you are keen to discuss issues and not fellow Nairalanders. This your post, for example, just shows an unhealthy level of personal focus I am very uncomfortable with. You know you are taking this politics section too seriously when you talk this much, saying the same thing, about fellow posters. Whatever my faults, I don't do it. I never attack anyone here because, ultimately, I am always ready to discuss politics and not get personal with anyone unless provoked.

If saying you have a tendency to extremism is "throwing a blow" as you lament then you have a very fragile ego

grin grin grin Funny guy. Remember you virtually burst a blood vessel because I said "you are not illiterate" which is less innocuous than labelling anyone extremist? In any case, why are you so consumed with talking about others more than the topic? I don't get it it. That is the real sign of a fragile ego. I keep trying to move the topic in the right direction yet you keep attempting to personalise issues. That only happens when certain posters, with "fragile egos", are badly affected by other personalities here to the extent they lose focus. Discuss politics , as it pertains to the development of our Nation, and I will be happy to do same. Are you able to do that and refrain from insults?
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2012
aribisala0:

Did we not mention corruption,election rigging,dictatorial tendencies of Tinubu,how he removed the Lagos Deputy governor all on this thread and you come to say I concluded because of the local government situation. Does that not look emetic to you?

If you will argue argue honestly and based on facts. You and Gbawe can jerk each other off but please find a hotel or shed!It is nauseating.

Ultimately all I will say to you is this remove PDP and ACN substitute with Boko Haram and Christian and apply your logic . Why the anger? That people disagree with you ? Have you run out of arguments they are now "baseje" vomiting. It is so easy to call you baseje and your offering vomit.Then? What next? bombs and shooting? You are not far off from being a terrorist and the mask is slipping already.
As fascinating as your gory imagery is, it is irrelevant and does not buttress what preceded it.
I may refer you to numerous Boko Haram killings and say "oh you cannot be neutral" and must join some imaginary holy war on some imaginary self legislated "side" and start killing "enemies". In 1993 Otedola of NRC was governor in Lagos and SDP controlled the House of Assembly. Were the voters "neutral" or are Americans neutral in handing the Senate to Republicans? Some voters are not fanatics and do not vote in a stereotyped way as you would prescribe

you are right "neutralists" are dangerous .......,. to fanatics but that is probably reciprocal!

Guy, why are you so angry? What is the matter with you? Chill and stop these extreme, over the top and unprovoked insults. What next? You wil start raining curses on folks and their lineage? As far as I can tell, no one , out of me and Akanbi Edu, has deployed the same level of out-of-proportion insults against you. Why the anger? Cool it dude. Stop this ugly show.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN by Gbawe: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2012
diva_tosin:

You are certainly mad,what do u know about violence in the south west during 2007 elections we all know how many thugs that where arrested in Osun state who confirmed upon interrogation that they were hired by 'Agberosola'.Is it not that round rimmed ethnic Demi god that legitimised area boys in boys in Lagos state,my friend if u don't have anything to say apart from betraying ur bias,I advice like Aribasala suggested u n Gbawe should get a hotel room to sort ur selves out.

I am non partisan and I believe with deep conviction that PDP is a better political party compared to the ACN and that the problems with this country are not cos of politcal parties.We would have been worse off having Tinubu as a national leader,I stand to be challenged.

You don't need these insults to get your point across. Why say someone is mad merely because you disagree with them? If you say the PDP is a better Party in comparison with the ACN, then we can inspect this and put the notion to the political/economic/development test.

Some simple statistics, indices, 'markers' and delivered policies can soon reveal a lot instead of insults. We can look at the relation between budgeted recurrent and capital spending under the PDP and the ACN. We can compare internally generated revenue. We can look at employment figures.

We can inspect efforts at mass transportation. We can look at social security. We can look at Infrastructure , education and even healthcare. Agriculture provides a good basis for comparison also. We should compare the calibre of leaders both Parties promote. We should look at many things. A good place to start would be to refrain from insults and engage others courteously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okada Are Restricted On 475 Out Of 9,100 Roads – Opeifa. / Ibadan Mega City, APC Government Working Wonders / See The Niger Republic President Campaign Vehicle That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.