Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Marion Jones Might Go To Jail - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Marion Jones Might Go To Jail (798 Views)

Marion Jones Former Sprinter Released From Prison / Marion Jones' Results Dating To 2000 Wiped Out For Doping / Marion Jones Pleads Guilty In Drug Case, Retires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by eldee(m): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2008
D-Day For Disgraced Athlete Jones

Drugs cheat athlete Marion Jones will be sentenced today for lying to FBI investigators.
The disgraced star, who became the first woman to win five medals at an Olympics, admitted taking steroids.

A tearful Jones outside courtJones has been stripped of the three gold and two bronze medals she won at the 2000 Sydney games.

Now she is returning to court in New York to discover whether she will be sent to prison.

Jones admitted lying to a federal investigator in 2003 when he asked if she had used performance-enhancing drugs.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1300216,00.html?f=rss
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by JeSoul(f): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2008
I almost feel sorry for her, but the way she so vehemently and strongly denounced the notion she took steriods is haunting her. She was such an icon in sports - it's too bad she had to fall this hard.
Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and other stars should pay attention and confess now b4 its too late.
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by A40(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2008
Her hypocrisy about the whole thing is just what annoys me
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Mustay(m): 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2008
SHE HAS BEEN SENTENCED already cry cry
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by toshmann(m): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2008
Mustay:

SHE HAS BEEN SENTENCED already cry cry
mustay why do you weep for a fraudster angry she is a rogue angry
for a woman to be able to lie like that. . . . b4 the world. . . . she can kill angry

if she were a nigerian the whole world will cry foul, wuruwuru, not surprised etc and may be she for get 20yrs, but b/c she is an american una de see am as "another star has fallen"

she f-cked up and should remain in jail. . . if possible get some extention jare angry
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Seun(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hmmm, is "lying to investigators" a criminal offense?
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by JeSoul(f): 12:39am On Jan 12, 2008
Seun:

lying to federal investigators is. Barry bonds is also in that hot water.

toshmann:

mustay why do you weep for a fraudster angry she is a rogue angry
for a woman to be able to lie like that. . . . before the world. . . . she can kill angry

if she were a nigerian the whole world will cry foul, wuruwuru, not surprised etc and may be she for get 20yrs, but b/c she is an american una de see am as "another star has fallen"

she f-cked up and should remain in jail. . . if possible get some extention jare angry
  haba it's not like she killed someone! 20yrs ke? she took drugs and lied about it! She was sentenced to 6mths in jail and 800hrs community service and I think that is sufficient. She's returned the medals, had her records wiped off the books and will forever be subject to public disgrace and debacle, what more do you want?
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Mustay(m): 12:48am On Jan 12, 2008
She was ma fav.
but I tried to cry when she tried to cry at the press conference after the sentence grin
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 12, 2008
Seun:

it is a criminal offence in the US.
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 12, 2008
she has been sentenced to 6 months in federal prison, cos she lied to federal officials.but the judge was silent on the actual offence. tongue
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by cooljoe(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2008
olrotimi:

she has been sentenced to 6 months in federal prison, because she lied to federal officials.but the judge was silent on the actual offence. tongue
Thats true, its hurts that Mario Jones will have to go away for 6 months. To me, she was and still is a very good sprinter, it's a pity.
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by 4peace(m): 10:52am On Jan 13, 2008
i still love her because still tell the truth.i know her mind will be free now
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Mustay(m): 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2008
true
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Migines(m): 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2008
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by cooljoe(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ migines

No one is saying, what she did was right, but you didn't have to be that raw, everyone has got a skeleton in their cupboard, it takes some doing to open up.
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by Migines(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2008
U to dat waz Raw?
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by davidif: 7:06am On Jan 14, 2008
Oma se o cry . I once thought she was invincible like supergirl now it all came down to this. How the mighty have fallen.
Re: Marion Jones Might Go To Jail by cooljoe(m): 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ migines

Whatever, am just saying, you should show a little repect, just a little.

(1) (Reply)

Terrell Owens In Tears!aint That The Funniest Shit / Arsene Wenger Blasts Poor Wembley Pitch After Arsenal Defeat / Super Eagles Formation That Will Beat Tunisia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.