Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,979 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja (12455 Views)

House Wants Ibru, Akingbola Stripped Of National Honours / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2012
Mehn its not easy to steal billions o, see all the boring speeches they have to endure.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2012
Mehn its not easy to steal billions o, see all the boring speeches they 'll have to endure.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Sijo01(f): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2012
Make them answer their papa names na. Afterall, they are equal to the task.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by fstranger: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2012
inurmind: Mehn its not easy to steal billions o, see all the boring speeches they 'll have to endure.

Dude it is never easy stealing money!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by k2039: 11:34am On Sep 17, 2012
bendazum: Last time I checked some of the award receipients were physically challenged.The more reason something should have been done as regards accomodation.Btw you speak like a child,so insensitive.

[size=14pt]You are the one who is clouded and insesitive to what is happening in Nigeria.

The poorest among those who are being awarded today is a millionaire.
So tell me if they cant take care of themeselves whether handicapped or not

If they wanted to lobby their way to aso rock,they wont because they are handicap(just ask yourself that simple question).

My friend you are dumb to tell me I speak like a child when infact you are the one speaking as a child.

SMH[/size]

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 17, 2012
who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Clemzy16(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2012
Since i didn't make the list. Why should i bother. Mcheew..
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Assonite(m): 11:55am On Sep 17, 2012
I cnt beliv these high and mighty awardees were waiting 4 d Federal Govt. †̥ offa dem accommodatn?
Even Adenuga too? shocked
Una dey fall ma hand.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by kcsider: 11:57am On Sep 17, 2012
The iv was supposed to inform the invitees that accomodation will not be provided. If this was not the case and accomodation not provided, then i pity for this country
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by fstranger: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2012
Nigerians and their sense of entitlement.

They gave them awards they dont deserve, not enough . . . they want to be provided accommodation?

Entitled fucktards!

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by crackhouse(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
If they can't come to Abuja to collect the Award which i am sure they must have bragged about in their various places b/4 now, let them send sb to collect it on their behalf nah.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Odukes(m): 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
Abegi, make them park well joor, as if they even derserve it in the first place.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by crackhouse(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
The people that merited that award are Mr Ibekwe abi na Ibeto and the six Gold medalists.

2 Likes

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
k2039:

[size=14pt]You are the one who is clouded and insesitive to what is happening in Nigeria.

The poorest among those who are being awarded today is a millionaire.
So tell me if they cant take care of themeselves whether handicapped or not

If they wanted to lobby their way to aso rock,they wont because they are handicap(just ask yourself that simple question).

My friend you are dumb to tell me I speak like a child when infact you are the one speaking as a child.

SMH[/size]
Shut up your mouth, do you know all of them personally.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by k2039: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
blink182: Shut up your mouth, do you know all of them personally.

[size=18pt]Someone call 911........

Nonsense[/size]

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
:o50k +accomodation multiplied by 149 pple....naija i hail o
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
jammyng: who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nfcs..really really cares...
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by esere826: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
blink182: When ,you invite people, you are suppose to house them, this only goes to show the level of mismanagement.

I am not taking any position on right or wrong here, but I'd like to ask some questions

1)When Tinubu was 'invited' to the US by the democratic party, who housed him? The US, himself or Lagos state?
2) When Nigerian officials such as Sanusi go to the UK et al to receive awards, who cater for them? Nigeria or Foreign governments?
3) When folks are invited from far flung places by the national assembly or EFCC, who provides for their logistics? Person or state?

4) When GEJ is invited to a country, who takes care of his logistics? the 'inviter' state or 'invitee' state?

Just musing

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by olivertwist: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
The National DIShonour Awardees deserves to be treated better by the FG irrespective of their status as 'Billyonaires' like Beaf.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by shegsrules(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
Not everytn must b done 4 dem, atlis some of dem dnt merit n wit d list I saw if ur pocket is not fully loaded d would nt hav put ur name on d list. Its meant to b called a national award 4 d rich people.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by starboyikenna(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
dy can come stay in nccf family house abj 4 all i care...shioor!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nuzo1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger: Nigerians and their sense of entitlement.

They gave them awards they dont deserve, not enough . . . they want to be provided accommodation?

Entitled fucktards!

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Pukkah: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
I do hope that some day, one day, my country will be able to do and get some things right. It is very disheartening that routine, repetitive and simple things are handled in a shoddy and sloppy matter. If the country can't get uncomplicated things like this right, should we be surprised that water is not flowing in all of any major city in Nigeria or there is no single hospital that can treat Dame Patience Jonathan or the late Yar'adua?

As for those saying that the honorees should handle their own accommodation, please know that it is the responsibility of the FG (any host for that matter) to arrange it. I'm not in support of the conferment on most of the honorees but what is right should be done.

What happened to those who failed to arrange enough certificates for the honorees of last year? You can imagine what will happen to the knuckle-heads that are responsible for this shoddy and shameful arrangement - nothing!

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by kavey10(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
chidyhels:
Nfcs..really really cares...

chidyhels, e clear say u be nfcs member, I'm one too. Can I get 2 knw u better?
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by DrKnow1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
Anybody with the full list of all the 149 Awardees? This is to let us know who and who deserve the awards
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by onyxo76(m): 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
how can they be stranded?most of them except for a few own houses in abuja city.
even then do most them deserve any award?
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by DrKnow1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
How could they be stranded when most of them own private jets
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by StephTrinity: 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
undecidedThe awards shldn't even be given in the 1st place! Seriously, how does it affect the price of cassa-flakes in the market?
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Leobreezy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
Balderdash!! Shey na nicon dem wan sleep b4, abi sheraton?? How much money will be spent alone on their accomodation? When the holloi polloi are homeless these goats want 2 stay in a 5-star hotel. Mtcheeeew, rubbish. Make them go sleep under bridge jor!!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Leobreezy(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
Walecole74:
A total of 149 recipients

During former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration, all awardees were each provided with accommodation or N50,000 in lieu of it.
N50,000 x 149= N7,450,000!!! JUST IMAGINE!! 7million naira becuz of award??
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Stellafax: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
If not for anything but for the rest of mind and peace in the Niger delta region,UDUAGHAN merit the Award as one of the factors to consider before giving the Award.I fit dey sleep and wake up without bomb and vandalization issue for delta state.O boy the thing done turn normal news if not for uduagahan regime o....Make I drink one Harp rest so long boko haram nor dey here.Hope say any northern governor name dey d list o..[b]. Becos them must emulate UDUAGHAN bold step first.Naira really dey dis land.78 gun shout for Governor UDUAGHAN.kkkkkk kokokoko.dudududu....bakakakabaka......lewu...lewu...lewu....kpoooo...kpooo.....kpo.....[/b]
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by taharqa: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2012
kcsider: The iv was supposed to inform the invitees that accomodation will not be provided. If this was not the case and accomodation not provided, then i pity for this country
It was actuali d case. An article i read ysterday said d govt had informed d awardees dat it wud no longa foot dier transportatn and accomodate bills, and dat they were only suppossd to bring just one guest along; all in a bid, as the article quotd d Perm Sec in d Office of d SSG as saying, to 'reduce the cost of governance'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Katsina Insecurity: 12 District Heads Threaten To Abandon Communities / President Buhari Appoints Ayo Gbeleyi Chairman Of Mortgage Bank / From Dog Owners To Journalists, Free Expression Under Attack In Nigeria - VOA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.