Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? (7269 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / United States Discovered In Bible Prophecy / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Delafruita(m): 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
just asking
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by k2039: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by omodapson(m): 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
Delafruita: just asking

As advised up there, google is ur friend!
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
omodapson:

As advised up there, google is ur friend!
What's this new craze about googling everything? Is it the new 'garri' word. What then is the essence of this forum if we can google everything? If you dont know what to write, just skip it.
@topic. I dont think so.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by eddy1977(m): 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
Is Cameroon mentioned in bible prophecy?
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by CrazyMan(m): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Delafruita: just asking
Form the knowledge I have of the bible...I don't think so. However I you feel otherwise, feel free to share your views, and I'm sure we would be glad to be enlightened.
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by omodapson(m): 6:06am On Sep 18, 2012
Reyginus: What's this new craze about googling everything? Is it the new 'garri' word. What then is the essence of this forum if we can google everything? If you dont know what to write, just skip it.
@topic. I dont think so.

So you can't give advice again? Na wa o and what has that got to do with d unmentionable word? If you are looking for a way to say Ga**i without being picked up just say it and stop your babbling. The advice I gave even made better sense than your 'I don't think so' answer.

So Mr, next time, watch ur tongue!
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by cyrexx: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2012
The closest reference the bible make to the black race and incidentally Nigeria, in my humble opinion, is about one of Noah's son Ham migrating southwards towards African continent and starting a race of people from which Nigerians descended from. Thats all i know.

Cheers everyone
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Delafruita(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
cyrexx: The closest reference the bible make to the black race and incidentally Nigeria, in my humble opinion, is about one of Noah's son Ham migrating southwards towards African continent and starting a race of people from which Nigerians descended from. Thats all i know.

Cheers everyone
thanks boss.i remember buzugee claiming nigeria was mentioned in bible prophecy and he even started a thread on it but the mods closed the thread.was just wondering if anyone else had access to such info
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Delafruita(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
omodapson:

So you can't give advice again? Na wa o and what has that got to do with d unmentionable word? If you are looking for a way to say Ga**i without being picked up just say it and stop your babbling. The advice I gave even made better sense than your 'I don't think so' answer.

So Mr, next time, watch ur tongue!
as you might have deduced,i ignored the dundee that gave such "advice" earlier.
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by danwo: 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
cyrexx:

The closest reference the bible make to the black race and incidentally Nigeria, in my humble opinion,

is about one of Noah's son Ham migrating southwards towards African continent

and starting a race of people from which Nigerians descended from. Thats all i know.

Cheers everyone

@cyrexx

Though not in prophecy as such, the closest reference and specifically to Naija or Nigeria is that of Simeon of Niger

Facts:
- Simeon literally means to hear, listen to, obey
- Nigeria got it's name from the Niger River that runs through the country
- Nigeria is the most populous country on earth where the majority of the population is black (i.e. Niger)

"In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger,
Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul.
" - Acts 13:1 NIV

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger,
and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul
" - Acts 13:1 KJV

[url]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+Nigeria+Mentioned+In+Bible+Prophecy%3F+[/url]
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by destinedtee(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
CrazyMan:
Form the knowledge I have of the bible...I don't think so. However I you feel otherwise, feel free to share your views, and I'm sure we would be glad to be enlightened.
Seconded! Crazyman,u r just a wonderful person...ur responses to threads on NL are just so nice...thats a personal observation...Keep it up sir.
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Delafruita(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
destinedtee:
Seconded! Crazyman,u r just a wonderful person...ur responses to threads on NL are just so nice...thats a personal observation...Keep it up sir.
crazyman has gotten himself a protege.perhaps i should go back in time to scutinise his "responses to threads on NL" that are "just so nice".perhaps i have a different crazyman in mind
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by destinedtee(m): 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Delafruita:
crazyman has gotten himself a protege.perhaps i should go back in time to scutinise his "responses to threads on NL" that are "just so nice".perhaps i have a different crazyman in mind
Thats why i said it is a personal observation...Am i not entitled to my opinion again? Anyway,thanks for d thread.I see it as an avenue to learn...Stay Blessed.
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by danwo: 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
cyrexx:

The closest reference the bible make to the black race and incidentally Nigeria, in my humble opinion,

is about one of Noah's son Ham migrating southwards towards African continent

and starting a race of people from which Nigerians descended from.

Thats all i know.

Cheers everyone

@cyrexx

Nigeria is not mentioned in Bible Prophecy per se.

However the closest reference the bible has in regards Nigeria will be Simeon the Niger.

Fact:
Simeon means to hear, listened to, obey etc
Niger River runs through Nigeria which is how the country got its name

Niger-ia is the most populous country on earth where majority of the population is black (i.e. niger)

"In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger,
Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul
" - Acts 13:1 NIV

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers;
as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger,
and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul
" - Acts 13:1 KJV

Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Willzkid(m): 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
Delafruta, why do u love talking so much about what you don't believe?
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by CrazyMan(m): 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
destinedtee:
Thanks...I really appreciate your comment smiley

Delafruita:
Do I smell jealousy here? undecided
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by Delafruita(m): 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
CrazyMan:
Thanks...I really appreciate your comment smiley

Do I smell jealousy here? undecided
na wetin?
Re: Is Nigeria Mentioned In Bible Prophecy? by CrazyMan(m): 12:51am On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita: na wetin?
Are we now quarelling...why the harsh tone? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / Yep! TB Joshua Is Very Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.