Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Site Review Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review Please (762 Views)

Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Website Review, Please Post A Comment / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review Please by goldenimp(m): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2008
please help honestly review my new site http://www.mychoiceng.com/
Re: Site Review Please by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2008
Nice design. I like the 'film like' borders, would be a good idea if you can reduce the height of the banner that has the flash a little bit.
Considering that services that are offered by My Choice, it looks too much like a total photography website. Did you use stylesheeet? If you didn't, be adviced to try and use one and make some of fonts smaller; especially the footers.

Good Luck.
Re: Site Review Please by my2cents(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2008
Personally, I like it design-wise. It's definitely a beauty. From a usability standpoint, consider the following:

1) Search: It jumped to google's site, in another window. If you are using google's search tool, firstly you might want to include both radio buttons (I think it is part of the terms and conditions - this assumes you have an account with them cool). Secondly, in your adsense set up, you can specify whether you want the results to show up on google's site or within a page on your site (like a "search results" page). I would look at implementing the latter if I were you wink Look at how Nairaland has implemented the latter for pointers.

2) I filled out your "contact" form. It's cool you are validating email addresses but y not phone numbers? I put in alphabets and the form accepted it. Also, your "thanks for completing this form" page was blank. I didn't bother testing the "order" form which might have the same issues. Also what happens if the user has javascript turned off?

3) Your title bar isn't reflecting what page you are on.

4) It probably wouldn't hurt to have a slideshow on your site showcasing what you've done so far.

I hope these help.
Re: Site Review Please by webguru(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2008
brilliant design, innovative

u may need to have a gallery

i hope i can afford u smiley
Re: Site Review Please by Psymatix(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hey, thats a great site you developed there bro! I was actually so impressed that I went on to visit your company website and check out other stuff you've done. The design of this site is great, and i like what you did woth the Laptop on the left side of your website. Its really encouraging to see Nigerian folks do stuff like this and I urge you to challenge yourself to do more and get even better. Thumbs Up!
Re: Site Review Please by Psymatix(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hey, thats a great site you developed there bro! I was actually so impressed that I went on to visit your company website and check out other stuff you've done. The design of this site is great, and i like what you did with the Laptop on the left side of your own website. Its really encouraging to see Nigerian folks do stuff like this and I urge you to challenge yourself to do more and get even better. Thumbs Up!
Re: Site Review Please by smartsoft(m): 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2008
well good colour combination, but those your write i would have prefer you justifying them to the middle, the way it is doesn't really look so cute to me, and try to format those font with CSS, it will be awesome. apart from that, it looks cool. ehen those your fading stuff, do you have the ext. for that in your Dreamweaver ? i would like to have it if you have, it is alot better having that instead of designing on in a flash !
Re: Site Review Please by goldenimp(m): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2008
yes smartsoft the fading javascript is a lot better that designing on flash, but like my2cents said what will happen if the user has its javascript turned off, although that propability is low , i have created another background pic on that inset so that it wont be blank when javascript is turned off. if u need this script you can copy it off that page.

thank you all, i feel so good having brothers out there, i will correct all as you advised.
still looking out for more reveiws though.
Re: Site Review Please by my2cents(m): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2008
although that propability is low , i have created another background pic on that inset so that it wont be blank when javascript is turned off

A coder after my own heart (anal retentive and paranoid delusional tongue). Keep it up golden cool
Re: Site Review Please by smartsoft(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2008
Do you know we stay very close to each other huh ? i can see your contact address on your website it says Pipeline bus/stop and mine is just Egbeda ! hey your mobile number on your website is wrong, should be 11 numbers but you wrote 10 numbers
Re: Site Review Please by goldenimp(m): 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2008
smartsoft yeah i just found out too that our offices are close, i've corrected my number, i thought i corrected it b4 thanks for noting its 08023921033, will like to meet you one of these days

(1) (Reply)

Ohayo, What Subwoofer In Your Country U Use? / Www.wotszup.com / If You Want To Loose Money Online Then:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.