Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? (135981 Views)

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Half Somalis (pictures) / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (67) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by romania5: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
Aceste persoane ar trebui să lase în pace cultura noastră de ce oamenilor le place să fure cultura noastră. undecided

These grups want to hate on me and somalia5 but we only have our actions hear because wee believe is necessary to tell truth on our culture.

Fokk off groups!
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
these people kno nothing of dna.

i only share 5 percent with subsaharans.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Blyss: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
somalia6: these people kno nothing of dna.

Humm, so you personally have had a DNA test done on yourself? undecided
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
I can't believe this idiotic thread is still alive.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
i have had dna test done....so have thousands of other somalis

skin color is adaptation.... even then my skin is brown...stupppid negroids looking for solidarity with their afrocentrics believes that ancient egytpians were black by claimin hor africans.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Blyss: 12:16am On Oct 19, 2012
somalia6: i have had dna test done....so have thousands of other somalis

skin color is adaptation.... even then my skin is brown...stupppid negroids looking for solidarity with their afrocentrics believes that ancient egytpians were black by claimin hor africans.

Humm, I'm just about 100% certain that you're lying about having a DNA test done, but I'll play along anyway. So for what reason did you have your DNA tested?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 12:24am On Oct 19, 2012
Blyss:

Humm, I'm just about 100% certain that you're lying about having a DNA test done, but I'll play along anyway. So for what reason did you have your DNA tested?

actually i have had my dna tested...i dont want u to kno my namr cause its on a website called somalinet where i discuss it.

i had extra money to spare.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
somalia6: these people kno nothing of dna.

person, you have not answered me: Did you go to school?

Bloody iliterate!

You did not know the difference between a language and a race?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 4:30am On Oct 20, 2012
cushitic is a language not a race.

no such thing as a race.

but their is such thing as an ethnicity

no such thing as black or white
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2012
somalia5:

maybe if u guys were as brave as us u wouldnt be slaves and ur decendents wouldnt be in america, jamaica as slaves for over 400 years
lmao if you had schools and you went to one and u actually did history you would find out that there were slaves taken from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Somalia
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Sagamite(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2012
somalia6: cushitic is a language not a race.

no such thing as a race.

but their is such thing as an ethnicity

no such thing as black or white

You are a person!

And you claim to be educated? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You think I can't figure out who is educated and who is not? grin grin grin grin

Fooooool, since when did black and white constitute racial groups?

Mooron! Bottom of the chain uneducated Somali fooooooooooool. And you have the audacity to claim superiority over any race on Earth? angry

Come and tell me since when black and white constitute races.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
somalia6: and your an ape
if somalis were as brilliant as they fool themselves to be they wouldnt be flooding countries wit the so-called "negros" to seek for a better life now would they?

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
if u could read u would know those slaves are bantu from tanzania and uganda and were brougt to somalia to be sent to the middle east.

Somalis bought these negroid slaves from arabs too. it was in the 1920"s that the negroid slaves in somalia were freed.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
somalia6: if u could read u would know those slaves are bantu from tanzania and uganda and were brougt to somalia to be sent to the middle east.

Somalis bought these negroid slaves from arabs too. it was in the 1920"s that the negroid slaves in somalia were freed.

Provide any evidence that somalis themselves physically brought them there....

Stop lying. No somali brought any tanzanian or who ever to somalia. Their own ppl sold them to arabs who,took them on ships to somalia and used your land as a port. Which ever slave the arab and african merchant did not want, they gave to the somalis. You were given scraps and called no shots during the trade.

End of.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
*Kails*:

Provide any evidence that somalis themselves physically brought them there....

Stop lying. No somali brought any tanzanian or who ever to somalia. Their own ppl sold them to arabs who,took them on ships to somalia and used your land as a port. Which ever slave the arab and african merchant did not want, they gave to the somalis. You were given scraps and called no shots during the trade.

End of.
u will be shocked by what they can do...those pple can practically walk to south africa LMAO...but i dont think they r clever enough to capture anyone though
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
u will be shocked by what they can do...those pple can practically walk to south africa LMAO...but i dont think they r clever enough to capture anyone though

im sure they could walk.
they are descendants of elongated africans after all who were hunter-gatherer nomads...

however the history of the east african slave trade is known to few, but those who do know, will tell anyone the somalis played a minimal role in that trade other than providing a port to export the slaves. and even then most of them were sent directly to the middle east via ships.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
wrll we never went and captured. We bought them from arabs who lived on the coastal cities

somalis ended slavery in the 1920's

*Kails*:

im sure they could walk.
they are descendants of elongated africans after all who were hunter-gatherer nomads...

however the history of the east african slave trade is known to few, but those who do know, will tell anyone the somalis played a minimal role in that trade other than providing a port to export the slaves. and even then most of them were sent directly to the middle east via ships.

stop tryin to create a kinship that doesnt exist. decended of africans kullaha. Horners are diffrent than bantus
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
[size=18pt]"elongated africans after all who were hunter-gatherer nomads..."[/size]

^^i would explain what that means

but then again considering who i am talking to...it would be a waste of energy.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Guys can we please educate ourselves and stop with the ignorance from both sides.

Here is a Link that will educate the public from Both Sides

Be careful when you call people "wrong"...

These classifications are incorrect and have no definitive meaning...Allow this Man to educate you.

http://orvillejenkins.com/peoples/raceandethnicity.html
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 12:49am On Oct 21, 2012
Some Somali clans claim descent from Arab tribes. This is perhaps one source for the more "Caucasian" features we find among the Somali groups, even with their black skin. This appears to be due to intermarrying since the contact with Islam. Some Somali clans even claim origins in Arab clans across the Red Seas. This probably represents the common practice of borrowing or adopting genealogies, related to trading and military alliances. Additionally, military and even commercial alliances are often sealed by intermarriage, a common cultural feature all over the world.

Thus African peoples from Bantu-speaking and Nilotic background, as well as some Cushites, have a known different origin in historic times from the Semitic-speaking peoples of the Ethiopian highlands. It is less clear why the Somali group have more European-like features, though they have darker skins.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by lepasharon(f): 3:09am On Oct 21, 2012
i do not see somalis as black ,they are their own race undecided undecided
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 3:35am On Oct 21, 2012
lepasharon: i do not see somalis as black ,they are their own race undecided undecided

No such thing as race. Yes we are our own ethnicity thou.

The reason why you guys label yourselfs black is because you guys mostly all look the same. Just like while brits are diffrent than italians since they look the same they call themselves white. Same with asians. but indians dont call themselves asians because they dont have the asian look.

We horners collectively dont call ourselves anything even though we generally have a unique look that is common among us. The ethiopians call themselves habeshas. The Somalis call themselves Somali. The people in Djibouti are ethnically Somali and small minority are ethiopians.

HOPE THAT CLEARS THINGS UP.

If somalis are black. then this means Indians, bengledishians, Maldivians are black too since we mostly have the same features and skin color.

You people need to stop creating this umbrella of commonality that is motivation by your afrocentric belives. I cant tell the diffrence between a Ghanians, South afircan, Congo, Nigerain. So its normal that you all call yourselves black.

But anyone can tell a somali or Ethiopian in a group of blacks. Why some of you pretend you cant speaks mostly of your inferiority to go claim people on the other side of the continent who look differently
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Sagamite(m): 4:48am On Oct 21, 2012
somalia6:

No such thing as race. Yes we are our own ethnicity thou.

The reason why you guys label yourselfs black is because you guys mostly all look the same. Just like while brits are diffrent than italians since they look the same they call themselves white. Same with asians. but indians dont call themselves asians because they dont have the asian look.

We horners collectively dont call ourselves anything even though we generally have a unique look that is common among us. The ethiopians call themselves habeshas. The Somalis call themselves Somali. The people in Djibouti are ethnically Somali and small minority are ethiopians.

HOPE THAT CLEARS THINGS UP.

If somalis are black. then this means Indians, bengledishians, Maldivians are black too since we mostly have the same features and skin color.

You people need to stop creating this umbrella of commonality that is motivation by your afrocentric belives. I cant tell the diffrence between a Ghanians, South afircan, Congo, Nigerain. So its normal that you all call yourselves black.

But anyone can tell a somali or Ethiopian in a group of blacks. Why some of you pretend you cant speaks mostly of your inferiority to go claim people on the other side of the continent who look differently

If you were educated, you would know how to spell "difference" or "different".
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Luul(f): 6:16am On Oct 21, 2012
Am Somali and I refer to myself simply as Somali.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by somalia6: 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: Am Somali and I refer to myself simply as Somali.

hiii abaaay....how u doooin.... somaaali miyaa tahaay?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Luul(f): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
haa. Somali ban ahay abowe. What do these madow want from me?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Luul: haa. Somali ban ahay abowe. What do these madow want from me?

sharmuuto who you calling madow? tongue
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Luul(f): 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
*Kails*:

sharmuuto who you calling madow? tongue

Madow means black. Stop following me around your getting annoying.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
kails you didn't know madow means black?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin: kails you didn't know madow means black?

no. how did you know?

you speak somali?! shocked
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
*Kails*:

no. how did you know?

you speak somali?! shocked

hell no.

its on the internet. smiley
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

hell no.

its on the internet. smiley

eh...anyway...
i think we have made our point already.

what do you say we bounce? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (67)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.