Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already (588 Views)

Arms Deals: Fresh Controversy Over $1b Loan Approved For Jonathan-The Nation / Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. / Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by touchmehard: 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
Fresh controversy, trailed the proposed introduction of N5,000 note as there were speculations that the controversial note had already been printed abroad and shipped into the country preparatory to distribution.

This came as the National Assembly and the National Economic Council insisted that they were yet to give the policy their blessing. The Central Bank, however, declared that what had been printed was just the design and not the original naira note which will come into effect in March 2013.

Those who saw the design said it was the yet to be introduced notes, which they claimed had been printed and imported  waiting for authorization of its release and distribution. CBN officials who want their names out of print, however, said the notes had not been printed. One of them said: “What ever any body saw is the design of the proposed currency not the real currency”.  According to him, “before introducing any currency, you have to print a design copy for the monetary authorities to vet and look at the features to ensure they meet security specifications and every other feature in it” He said that the new N5,000 note may not be introduced this year but sometimes next year although there were speculations that the N5, 000 may come into circulation in January 2013.

But a source close to the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Plc (NSPM) said some officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) were working out the modalities for the release and distribution of the soon to be introduced currency.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fresh-controversy-over-n5000-note/
Re: Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by Olanlere11: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Now that the National Assembly has resumed sitting, maybe the hullabaloo surrounding this 5k will be put to rest.
Re: Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by Stallion77(f): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
A source is a civilized way of calling amebo... I be thomas,dont believe shi.t till i see it... grin grin grin
Re: Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by usmanyaro17: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Wahalli if they frint anything,Sanusi will dearly fay for it,he is so arrogant.
Re: Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by Chanchit: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
Abegi, I'm tired of this note this note that, I don switch My prayer, now I pray that the new note will work in My favour in Jesus name.
Re: Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by BeraBera(f): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
What if the National Assembly okays it at last?
Olanlere11: Now that the National Assembly has resumed sitting, maybe the hullabaloo surrounding this 5k will be put to rest.
Re: Fresh Controversy Over N5000 Note: Speculations That It Has Been Printed Already by doctokwus: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
I won't b surprised if its true,I feel this sanusi guy luks @GEJ sometimes& is contemptous of him,in his mind 'he doesn't know anything so who is he to oppose any policy I bring up'?GEJ hasn't disappointed him,so ride on mallam,u tink u are d wisest man in d land of fools,eventhough we know u are an overhyped,radical islamic scholar!

(1) (Reply)

Grade Our President In The Scale Of 1 To 10.say Hw U Feel Abt His Leadership? / ORO Festival In Bariga By 10pm Tonight. / Transcript Of Wednesday's Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.