Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud (15230 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by Areaboy2(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
yankidelta: Arrange area boys to assist

did someone call me? angry
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by acetee: 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
omicron: hahahahhahaaaha
Na Molue cheesy
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by y2kaustin(m): 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
Siena:

You've completely lost me...did you post this here by accident?
.....not by mistake.. wink
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by acetee: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
musajohn80: The use of granite is a very good one...it helped me after spending 2 hours with about 10 men trying to push out my car. A guy walked in and said the people were too much for the job! He suggested we use granite; and that was the perfect solution that day.
Kai! Na Train abi Molue u dey drive wey 10 men no fit push? 2 hours.. Sho!
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by Duke007(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
Go down on your knees and pray 4 divine intervention.l tell ya,dis has worked well 4 me with my tractors on the field.Angels r real,you can ask them to do anything 4 u.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by lemmycop: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
grin Perharps, 10 lazy men.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by doofanc: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
why do the car manufacturers make the cars this way?

the one with the good firm grip stands idly while the one with very poor traction being stuck on the mud spins furiously to no avail.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by valicious1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
Excelboi: The day I was driving along a street with my friend, just as I was about to reverse, the car stuck on a very soft sand, not mud this time. I tried to accelerate with full force but unknown to me I was worsening the matter. I stood there for up to an hour until an idea came to me.

All I did was to use the car jack, raised it up abovve the ground, look for some plank and stone and placed it where the tyres got shrunked. I jacked it back down, start the car and reversed with some force, that was how I was saved from that incident. Kai, I was so confused oh, thank God for my brain, lol.
I,i,i,i,i, e be lyk say dat ur friend na olodo. How e go de dia only u de suffer lyk dis.
Sum people sef.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by musajohn80: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
No be Molue o!!! Me too surprise when 10 men no fit push am, until the granite idea come up...lol
acetee: Kai! Na Train abi Molue u dey drive wey 10 men no fit push? 2 hours.. Sho!
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by musajohn80: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
You have a point...
lemmycop: grin Perharps, 10 lazy men.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
doofanc: why do the car manufacturers make the cars this way?

the one with the good firm grip stands idly while the one with very poor traction being stuck on the mud spins furiously to no avail.

Because vehicles have differential, most of the open type.

If both wheels were locked to rotate at the same rate, think how a vehicle would handle when taking a turn. Wheels rotate at different speeds when turning a corner, with the inside wheel covering less distance.

If this were not the case, both tyres would be forced to rotate at the same speed when turning, causing tyre wear, high fuel consumption due to the increased friction and of course, strain on the differential crownwheel and pinion.

The only way past this is AWD, LSD or EDL. Still, this is a different topic altogether.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by philipstanley(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
If ur faith is as small as a mustard seed U can say 2 dis mountian or (car of de biggest size or kilo) 2 b remove 4rm de mud or wotsoeva and it wil be done. Dont u think so?
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
philip stanley: If ur faith is as small as a mustard seed U can say 2 dis mountian or (car of de biggest size or kilo) 2 b remove 4rm de mud or wotsoeva and it wil be done. Dont u think so?

I live in the real world bro, so no, I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by ghettodreamz(m): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
Solicit for help from passer-by or community members or fellow motorist/car drivers to help push the car backward while you switch the hand brake to R and gradually maneuver your way out of the mud using the Reverse. It's a rampant scenario mostly during the rainy season in Nigeria due to bad/untarred roads.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by navygrl: 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
Hmmm sorry but unless you drove into water more than 2 inches deep ( which can float a car if the current is stong enough ) or you already have sever damage to your engine, steep inclined will not flood your engine. Driving through deep water while stupid stalls out a car via blocking the air intake not the exhaust.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by camcor(m): 12:09am On Sep 19, 2012
Useful tips grin grin grin cool
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by ssainty(m): 6:45am On Sep 19, 2012
Rexphobia: Very informative....thanks
confirm talk
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by vanstanzy(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2012
kavey10: Deflate the tyres nd go 'AMA TREK TREK'! All those tins u dey write na tori, u neva c pond wey dey middle of road for Nigeria, abi? Wat if u ar d only one, late at night?

Mehn, if it happens late at night and in the middle of nowhere, just abandon ship and 'skeedadle outta there' vanish.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by franel79(m): 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
omicron: hahahahhahaaaha

You go fear now.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by forkadict(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Nice piece.

Reminds me of a bitter and sad incident that happened to me on Jan 29th 2011. If anyone is familiar with Lekki-Ajah way, he'll know that there is a portion of that road where beach sand is being used as the median. I missed my route along that road that sad day and i didn't feel up to travelling some 1km just to make a u-turn and then start heading back all the way. I thought of the fuel, time and effort i was going to waste by doing so and decided to make a u-turn where the beach sand was used as the mediean. My tyres got stuck and instead of me to ask a couple of guys to assist me in pushing the car out of there, I raced the car and omo, my shaft scatter. My gear box sef scatter. Cost me about 120k to fix the fault including towing cahrges.

If only i had read this article on or before the 29th Jan 2011, i might not have incurred that annoying cost. Cursed be that day!
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by rockiedink(m): 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
shileowo: use the craw control button. surely get you out.

now we know you drive the new Toyota LandCruiser...
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by doofanc: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
Siena:

Because vehicles have differential, most of the open type.

If both wheels were locked to rotate at the same rate, think how a vehicle would handle when taking a turn. Wheels rotate at different speeds when turning a corner, with the inside wheel covering less distance.

If this were not the case, both tyres would be forced to rotate at the same speed when turning, causing tyre wear, high fuel consumption due to the increased friction and of course, strain on the differential crownwheel and pinion.

The only way past this is AWD, LSD or EDL. Still, this is a different topic altogether.

I see. Isn't it possible then to reduce the differential between the tyres, i.e if one wheel spins faster and faster, far more than would be needed to negotiate a turn, some power should be transferred to the other tyre rather than it remaining completely stationary?
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by jpphilips(m): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
ItsModella: All this lingo too much, gather boys make dem help you push am.

sounds perfect, just that he will rather lift women on a good day but gather boys when the car falls into a ditch
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by Marpol: 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Emmykeyz: PRESS F2 TO START NEW GAME! THEN CHANGE CAR TYPE IN CAR OPTIONS! tongue

Classic!!! I hail oh.
Re: What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud by blackylola(m): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
ujchief:

10 men couldnt push out ur car in 2hrs What sort of truck do u drive Sounds like a 911.

Don't mind him e don forget say no pple like him dey here

(1) (2) (Reply)

I can Help You Get Medical Report For Tinted Glass / 9 Essential Tips For Drivers This Harmattan Season / 9 Standard Features In Cars That Have Been Replaced By New Tech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.