Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? (1383 Views)

Poll: which is the best provider?

CELTEL: 40% (4 votes)
MTN: 10% (1 vote)
GLO MOBILE: 20% (2 votes)
STARCOMMS: 0% (0 votes)
MULTILINKS: 0% (0 votes)
RELTEL: 10% (1 vote)
MTEL: 0% (0 votes)
NONE: 10% (1 vote)
OTHERS: 10% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Visafone Nigeria Introduce Blackberry Services On Their CDMA Network / Which Gsm Operator Has The Best Customer Care Service / Which Gsm Network In Nigeria Is Cheapest And Most Expensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by igbsam(m): 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2008
which of this gsm/cdma communication company is the best provider. CELTEL, MTN, GLO MOBILE, MTEL, 1ST WIRELESS, STARCOMMS, MULTILINKS, RELTEL, MOBITEL AND NITEL. Which of them do u think is the best.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by kosovo(m): 4:40am On Jan 12, 2008
no sentiment.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by dragnet: 6:57am On Jan 12, 2008
I would say all of them are head-to-head
neither of them seems to be ahead of the others
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by MrInfo1(m): 8:30am On Jan 12, 2008
[center]NONE[/center] it all depends on the service you enjoy most from any of them.

Personally, I will choose CELTEL (Because of they got the cheapest GPRS browsing)
For CDMA I will choose MULTILINKS (Because with 200 naira card, you can browse 24hrs and can likewise make calls with the 200 naira you've loaded)

As you can see, I choose my best communication company because of the service I enjoy must. If in the future the other's (MTN, GLO MOBILE, MTEL, 1ST WIRELESS, STARCOMMS, RELTEL, MOBITEL AND NITEL.) introduce cheaper billings for browsing, then I will take them as my best angry
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by topeteadr(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2008
Can't say. . . . Depends on what u like. . .
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by hayprof(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2008
Celtel / Reltel
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2008
i use celtel n mtn n i'd say both have their up n downs, but more of downs sad sad
so for now my ans is NONE
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by tobs(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2008
@info,really?N200 for 24hrs.wow,itz cheap then.as for me o,CELTEL INTERNETGPRS.kia,wen diz tin still they work 4 me,e fast like. . .
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by topeteadr(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2008
. . . . . . Sh!t . . . . . . . .
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by oldie(m): 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2008
"Best" means different things to different people, it is relative.
GSM and CDMA systems are different platforms, so comparing them will not be fair

GSM networks
I will base my own "best", on Quality of Service (QoS) such as rate of dropped calls, connection rate, fidelity of voice, speed of data transfer, Customers Service etc,

So from my own assessment, based on my own experience and without prejudice, I think it is Celtel.

CDMA Networks
I do not have enough experience on the usage of CDMA networks to make an informed decision.

Please note that my opinion is not sacrosanct.
Others might have their views.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by igbsam(m): 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2008
I dnt think multilink N200 will browse 4 24hrs. I jst asked a friend that uses multilinks & he said its only N500 that browse 24hrs. 200 will only make calls.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by topeteadr(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2008
igbsam:

I dnt think multilink N200 will browse 4 24hrs. I jst asked a friend that uses multilinks & he said its only N500 that browse 24hrs. 200 will only make calls.
My pal here uses 200 naira to browse for 24 hrs.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by dragnet: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2008
Against all odds. . . I'll choose Celtel. . . . . . .d worst = mtn
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by powerblaze(m): 1:20am On Jan 13, 2008
you're right oldie. Gsm and cdma are very different platforms. In terms of browsing, gsm uses radio packet data while cdma useS CSD. Gprs on 3g is more than twice as fast as csd on 3g. i'm really amazed at the speed of starcomms broadband. The speed is incredible. I havnt used celtel internet connection before, but i hope it can at least beat starcomms broadband
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by luluosas(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2008
It all depend on which angle you are enjoying the services of your network provider.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by MrInfo1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ igbsam 

Your frd must be boxd up for still loading 500. I use multilinks and i load 200 naira to browse 24 hrs and i still make calls with it for 9mins 33 seconds. Loading 200 naira is also 24hrs [s]dumb[/s]
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by topeteadr(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2008
Infobaba vs igbsam. . . .
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by igbsam(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2008
@infobaba: I got u. But wats d "dumb" for ? You trying 2 start a fight with me ? Hey dude, am not down with dat shit. Aiight.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by igbsam(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2008
@infobaba: I got u. But wats d "dumb" for ? You trying 2 start a fight with me ? Hey dude, am not down with dat shit. Aiight.
Re: Which Gsm/cdma Provider Do You Think Is The Best? by MrInfo1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2008
@ igbsam

Shit or no shit, it happens undecided tell your frd to load 200 naira and see if it won't browse angry. Your on your own if not lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

I-phone Vs. Blackberry Storm. / You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting / Zain For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.