Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,452 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor (790 Views)

Oshiomhole Picks Godwin Obaseki As His Successor? / North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by Mustay(m): 11:19pm On Jan 11, 2008
PRESS RELEASE

Further to his approval of AIG Nuhu Ribadu's nomination for a course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic

Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua has approved the appointment of Assistant Commissioner of Police

Ibrahim Lamorde as acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

ACP Lamorde is currently the EFCC's Director of Operations.

Olusegun Adeniyi (Special Adviser ,Communications)

January 11, 2008
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 11, 2008
what contradiction, but , lamorde?
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by Mustay(m): 2:18am On Jan 12, 2008
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by DisGuy: 2:29am On Jan 12, 2008
olrotimi:

what contradiction, but , lamorde?

what's contradictory about it?
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by doyin13(m): 2:52am On Jan 12, 2008
I wonder if Lamorde will voluntarily relinquish such a cushy post
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by smile4kenn(m): 8:53am On Jan 12, 2008
Ahh that man is as strong as Ribadu, HEs the head of EFCC Lagos
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by kosovo(m): 8:57am On Jan 12, 2008
perfect
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2008
Like i said before, all these will be a waste of time if Yaradua and AGF are bent on playing hide and seek with "due process and rule of law"
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by McKren(m): 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2008
Ibrahim Larmorde has being Ribadu's lieutenant and basically described as Ribadu's iron fist. The fact that he even emerged as acting boss is due to protests by Nigerians over Ribadu's Study leave.

However, men are men, as much as we all have ideals we believe in events show that men are capable of changing loyalties in difficult situations. Time will tell where Ibrahim Larmode's loyalty lies whether to Nigeria and dreams for a better future or whether to the cabals who don't want success.
Re: Yar'adua Appoints Ribadu's Successor by vigasimple(m): 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2008
I agree with Mckren, I think all the noises of Nigerians have actually and have an effect on the Govt.

Because, if you will all recall that LAMORDE also was meant to be sent on course so that it will be total clear out. I think Hajia Turai has spoken to her husband at night about the concern of Nigerians and how insensitive it will all be to send the 2 most senior officers of the EFCC on a course at the same time.

The stupid IGP even invited 300 police officer working with the EFCC to a meeting at the same time, so that he(IGP) can send their mad dogs to go and raid EFCC office and remove whatever they don't like against their man IBORI.

If Lamorde is acting EFCC Chairman and RIBADU finish his course at KURU then return. The next issuewill be whether the GOvt with the help of AGF and IGP will allow RIBADU to then continue without reposting and if he continue as the chairman of EFCC to complete his tenure without counting the 1 year at KURU he has spent at KURU as part of his EFCC tenure.

Everything here is clear to me personally that it is reactionary and afterthought when everything wasn't going according to the AGF and IGP plan. Even the statement of the Spokesman to the President confirm it.

We all know already that RIBADU is a police officer but he has been appointed by ACT of Parliament to do a particular duty and as such all the other things comes after that obligation so sending him to some dodgy school on the pretence that he is a Police officer maybe correct in that sense but where there is a conflict between the NPF and parliament, the ACT of parliament takes precedence.  i wonder what university or law school did AGF went to. maybe IBORI pay part of his school fees. so the law will be according to IBORI

(1) (Reply)

3 Killed In Nigerian Riots: North Vs Niger Delta / Niger Delta Crisis Has Boosted Business Climate In Imo – Ikoku / O Di Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.