Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,550 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video (19280 Views)

Timaya - Hold Me Now [video Download] / What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / Rick Ross - Hold Me Back (nigeria) Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by SlyIg(f): 5:54am On Sep 19, 2012
Tunmi: The video was the truth. I have not seen a more realistic display of Nigeria, of Lagos than in that video. If the problem was not there, Rick Ross would have nothing to film. There is no lie in that video, that is how many Nigerians live.
thank you for your honesty my good brother. I keep asking one question,did Rick Ross fake up that video? Oh no ... Thats truly our naija. I wish this video to be d most selling.
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by stmarc32(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2012
[quote author=mruknaijaboy]check 1:14 where the woman rubs her hand in boiling hot water like its cold water! kai!

but on the other hand the message of rick ross video was to show the ghetto,the song is based on not being held back and having the hustler spirit and staying strong, which is why he picked nigeria, just like in the other version of the video where he picked the slums in america, but obviously the slums in nigeria is 100 times worse compared to a slum in america

Think you have it all wrong, If he wants to show hustle , there are other means of showing hustle ....this video does not reflect hustle but poverty.... (no denial there is poverty and inequality) , if he was trying to show the positive side , he should have taken a lesson from Dagrin(RIP)...Why didnt he create a scene in his US video showing him distributing money in homeless shelters in new orleans ) The video is an insult and just perpetuates the cliche but then there is always truth to every cliche
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Tunmi(f): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2012
I like the video because not enough people show that side of Naija, of Lagos even. I know we have had artists singing about what the video represents: Eedris Abdulkareem, Sound Sultan, Fela (and I am dissociating the video from the song), but something about the way the video was done is different. It showed people living in a way many Nigerians do not want to acknowledge. If Eedris had done this video, I don't think it would have caused such an uproar. And I am glad it did, I really am. Hopefully, it inspires people to actually want a change for once and not sit down and just watch.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by topliest: 6:22am On Sep 19, 2012
so many many many told me
so many many many told me
the Lord is it
the Lord is it
i really wanna be the N...(d N....)
i really wanna be the H..(d H....)
i really wanna be the Winner(d Winner)
and i really wanna be the Capi (d Capital)

Oh my God, this song is banging right now
sneak in here and listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTDPveQR0Uk
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by SayHello: 6:33am On Sep 19, 2012
ts a ghetto themed song, so shut up, a rich setting wont go along wit d theme
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by collins123(m): 7:18am On Sep 19, 2012
[size=18pt]Now this is the real truth, and yes truth is bitter!

So the fact that you eat three square meals a day or browse with a MacBook Pro does not change the fact that NIGERIANS generally are still suffering.

POVERTY WORSE PASS HIV[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2012
^^^ I tire o. The kain verbal lashing I don get for Facebook over this matter. One guy was asking why Rick Ross didn't film in Abuja or Obudu Cattle Ranch. CAN YOU IMAGINE?
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Tunmi(f): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^ I tire o. The kain verbal lashing I don get for Facebook over this matter. One guy was asking why Rick Ross didn't film in Abuja or Obudu Cattle Ranch. CAN YOU IMAGINE?
Na for twitter I dey explain am to people. Abeg refer them to me, I go explain, I get their time today. Dem think say the BellaNaija dem dey watch abi dem Nollywood film dem see na in be de ogbonge Naija ehn?

the guy is not lying. It's like Alcoholics Anonymous, the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Accept it and acknowledge it, then we can fix it

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Princek12(m): 7:33am On Sep 19, 2012
tai2: 80% of people in Lagos live like that....the rest are either in luxury or the sufferhead middle class. Yet, we want him to show us a different story because Nigerians don't like hearing the truth. All Lagosians live in Ikoyi and were born with an accent. Crazy people.

Funny how Nigerian musicians keep claiming "streets" and all they have to show for it is music videos in clubs with champagne or hotels. If our outdoor scenes were so wonderful they'd be shooting in these same "streets" not running to SA and Ghana to shoot music videos.

People need to see reality and stop thinking this is DSTV.

Most of those Nigerian videos are shot indoors or in a studio. The ones shot outdoors are usually shot on a beach, with the camera focusing closely on the person and intentionally focused so as not to capture too much of a wider view. Why? This is because Nigeria streets are dirty and filthy.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Eltonluigi(m): 7:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Rozay can relate with peeps in the ghetto, he's from the slums too and half you folks don't even know what's happening down there 'cos you never been there, but you are quick to criticize a nigga 'cos he shoot a video. #StopHating #ThatsTheShitIdon'tLike!
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Abagworo(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2012
These niggaz can't hold Biafra back even after killing 2million and starving 4million. That's what I understood from the video.
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2012
Tunmi:
Na for twitter I dey explain am to people. Abeg refer them to me, I go explain, I get their time today. Dem think say the BellaNaija dem dey watch abi dem Nollywood film dem see na in be de ogbonge Naija ehn?

the guy is not lying. It's like Alcoholics Anonymous, the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Accept it and acknowledge it, then we can fix it

It's just like AA. People are forgetting their country. I blame Davido sha lmao. People don dey follow him nyansh so closely they've forgotten we come from Nigeria, a nation where there's no functioning international airport and molues polute the skies with black smoke.
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Tunmi(f): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2012
ogugua88:

It's just like AA. People are forgetting their country. I blame Davido sha lmao. People don dey follow him nyansh so closely they've forgotten we come from Nigeria, a nation where there's no functioning international airport and molues polute the skies with black smoke.
lmao I can't completely blame Davido. I blame the people for letting the fire in the subsidy protest die (and we had our celebs come out in full force too). I do blame the likes of Davido, the current crop of artists (can I even call them that) who don't realize the impact of what they are doing.
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2012
Tunmi: lmao I can't completely blame Davido. I blame the people for letting the fire in the subsidy protest die (and we had our celebs come out in full force too). I do blame the likes of Davido, the current crop of artists (can I even call them that) who don't realize the impact of what they are doing.

If only you knew how many times I was warned by NLers and family/friends alike, that the subsidy protests wouldn't last. I thought that was our calling truly. Truth of the matter is that Nigerians care about themselves only.

Our artists are obliviously destructive. It's disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by ektbear: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2012
Man, Ricky Rozay seems to stay in Nigeria more than I do

He loves this country
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by omosexy1: 8:36am On Sep 19, 2012
Nice video. I want Fashola and the Head, Lagos State Environmental Agency to see this video. I guess they can ask themselves if they are truly working

2 Likes

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by bootlegaz: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2012
Ricky Ross is from Haiti and Haiti was one of Biafra's ally during the civil war. The message on this video is; After Nigerian government together with their British Coalition force succeeded in killing 2million Biafrans, Nigeria's former Capital still remain a slum( this niggazz can't hold us down)
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Tos87(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2012
angry Rubbishly Nice...real Getto!!!!
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2012
why blaming Rickross Tell Tuface, Psquare ,Davido , wiski, e.t.c to shoot video of lekki,ajah,matama,banana island and post it on youtube simple ..abi naija won start protest too *SMH#

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2012
^^^^ Exclude 2 Face Idibia.
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2012
jakaiso: Are people just so stupid-or is it that they are just plain lazy.The original version of the song recorded in the USA was completly shot in the ghetto.Why would he then come to Nigeria and shoot the Nigerian version in VGC.
People need to learn to keep their mouth shut so as not to expose their ignorance-that is completly caused by laziness.

This is the link to the USA version-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVO5WhIm4uI

And why are you so ashamed of the the truth.65% of the Nigerian physical environment looks like this.And its not just a factor of poverty-its mainly due to laziness ,'dirtiness' and the corruption that has almost destroyed our country. Why did the Buhari government had to bring a one day national evironmental sanitiation day (that was basterdized by IBB and his 40 thieves)-because we are a dirty people.Lets clean up guys! dirty gutters,pit toilets in the 21st century. Compare USA ghetto to Nigerian ghetto.Ghetto are usually inhabited by poor people and are over populated-but water flows and gutters are not filled with trash.Stop throwing trash in gutters.
you are very much on point, we might not like the video but that is Nigeria.....i hope they'll show this video on our local t.v channels so we can be shamed into cleaning up our environment.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2012
All those agberos running after the car though shocked.....Nigerians spoil for that matter, dem sha wan make e drop something, SMH. seriously it will take something extraordinary to change our people!
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 19, 2012
GOD BLESS YOU RICKY FOR THIS

EXPOSE EVERYWHERE
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Aksonman: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2012
ogugua88:

You are an IDIIOT for the 'international Airport' comment. How did Rick Ross arrive Nigeria if there was no functioning International airport? Maybe he boarded Okada from Cotonou Airport?
Shameless self hating goat.

1 Like

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Shalome(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2012
This Hoes won't hold me back...Tis video must to win MTV Award...Even Grammy...
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Sagamite(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Revealedtv: Buuuuuuuut from the very begining, he didn't hide the fact that he wanted to shoot the video in the slums...plus for a country where almost half of its people live below the poverty line, how is this not a near accurate report? These Nairalanders wan hold the truth back...

Where almost half?

You said "where almost of half"?

Are you ceeruz, bruv? You ceeruz?

80% LIVE BELOW THE POVERTY LINE, my friend.

And their president would send his wife abroad for medical care, the fucktards will not complain about that but they will complain about someone showing them the reality of their country.

Awon omugor!

3 Likes

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by RageMillz(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
Y'all need to stop trippin, every video shot outside u.s.a or any other country in europe is preferably shot in the Project..it brings the true feel of the video. We are just too fake, you expect a video that potrays fake luxurious life or what? DAGRIN(PON PON PON), FELA this are true musicians besides Ross shot a US version of same video in the Project too... So pls be real for once and stop behaving like bush people......
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
Akson man: You are an IDIIOT for the 'international Airport' comment. How did Rick Ross arrive Nigeria if there was no functioning International airport? Maybe he boarded Okada from Cotonou Airport?
Shameless self hating goat.

The same MMA that I landed in abi? When I came, the conveyer belt broke, and workers brought in our luggage by hand. Imagine how long that took. Then there's the junkyard of old planes. Do not get me started on the bathrooms.

What is your definition of functioning sef? The bottom line is that MMA is nowhere near the standards of an international airport. Sure, departing planes may take off, and arriving planes may land, but MMA is gross and a sad excuse for an international excuse in a whole LAGOS. Don't defend mediocrity. Nigerians deserve more. Or do you want me to lie and tell you MMA is beautiful and a must-see airport? I wonder when some of you will stop deceiving yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by otexbaba(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
nice one big belli man
Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Sagamite(m): 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
ogugua88:

The same MMA that I landed in abi? When I came, the conveyer belt broke, and workers brought in our luggage by hand. Imagine how long that took. Then there's the junkyard of old planes. Do not get me started on the bathrooms.

What is your definition of functioning sef? The bottom line is that MMA is nowhere near the standards of an international airport. Sure, departing planes may take off, and arriving planes may land, but MMA is gross and a sad excuse for an international excuse in a whole LAGOS. Don't defend mediocrity. Nigerians deserve more. Or do you want me to lie and tell you MMA is beautiful and a must-see airport? I wonder when some of you will stop deceiving yourselves.

Don't mind the fooool!

The same way some cretin would open a school in Nigeria that can seat 34 students per class and then pack 70 into each class and then call Kalekawenaa International School.

People in Nigeria think by tagging something makes that thing justifiably called what it is tagged.

This is the same MMA where when I was there last it took 2hr 45mins from time of landing before I could get my luggages despite my flight being one of the only 2 flights landing at that same airport within a 2 hour period. And I was sweating in the crazy heat all the way through to the point my entire shirt was soaked despite many AC units dotted around the airport.

Yeah, you heard me. There were AC units in every corner. Unfortunately, they were all not working. Most likely because the person given the over-inflated contract (maybe up to 8 times the non-discounted retail price of a new unit) still decided to buy second hand units that would breakdown in a few months and get more loot from the margins he saved.

And the person nation still has a Tourism Ministry. For what? Which lunatic will get to the airport of such a country and see it as a tourist destination. We just waste millions on an annual budget on a Ministry that is irrelevant.

International airport my asss! More like international disgrace if anything is international about it.

*Ridicules* "We are Giant of Africa! HEY!"

2 Likes

Re: Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video by Gwekzy: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
bootlegaz: Ricky Ross is from Haiti and Haiti was one of Biafra's ally during the civil war. The message on this video is; After Nigerian government together with their British Coalition force succeeded in killing 2million Biafrans, Nigeria's former Capital still remain a slum( this niggazz can't hold us down)
Somebody lied!!! Ricky is not from Haiti... Go Check wel U hear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Listen To Wazobia Fm Live Online And Video / I Did Not Sign Whitemoney - Banky W / Otedola's Daughter Florence - I Love My Country (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.