Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians (32959 Views)

Timaya - Hold Me Now [video Download] / Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video / New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by bknight: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
Well, until I watch it i'd remain neutral...but did d video particularly portray him as a 'rich' to d detriment of d right of dignity/self respect of d poor and as against moral expectations?

jst asking: do u tink d 'poor' in d video will watch it and not hope to be amongst those chasing dollars in dirt? It won't be fair on him if d video is taken out of context...otherwise ban! cool
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
shakomende:
Minutes after the online release of the Nigerian version of Rick Ross’ “Hold me Back” video, Nigerians on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have since rained curses and insults on the rapper for his audacity at showing Nigeria in its poorest and most ghetto form.

Oh Geez. Always taking everything to the Exteme without Thinking ttwice. Nigerians.

And among the multitude, 70% have not infact watched the Video.

Pfft.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Kx: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
stagger: Who deserves more verbal abuse?

Your "I had no shoes" President who says that the subsidy protests were stage managed OR

A foreign musician who went straight to the ghetto to show Naija as it is (as opposed to our own musicians who prefer to talk about shaking bum bums, going down low, chopping my money when many children around them and in their village are yet to eat a meal in 2 days, etc)?

THOSE ABUSING RICK ROSS SHOULD GO BACK AND THINK ABOUT THEIR LIVES!

You read my mind.

Is it not an irony?
While Nigerians sings about ghetto and poverty, their music videos are shut in SA and the west; yet an American telling the world about the gory poor living standards of poor Nigerians with 100% motherland poverty videos is being vilified.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by bknight: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
-
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Tobbylobar(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ok i think Rick ross made a mistake it was Somalia not Nigeria... undecided undecided....abi y is people cursing the guy now....yes Nigeria is a rich country but the money is not circulating..let our Govt bury their face in shame....god bless u rossay..fela don talk am suffering n smilling... angry angry angry
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by ochukoccna: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
wandeay: shiit! Ricky is getting it on his brain negatively, Nigerians are rich, a lot of people earn @ least 15k a month, but our govt needs to put somethings in place in order to ease the hardship we face, so the blame ought to be casted on the govt not the masses, ricky, most ghetto in US are almost as Nigeria's e.g Pine Bluff in Arkansas
So a lot of peeps earn @ least 15k/$93 a month [$3 a day] is something to be proud of?
Is spending $3 a day not an indication of poverty? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Revolva(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
I just watched the new orleans america version on tubidy.mobi damm I felt the video see ma black folks in tha slums forgotten and remember juveniles - back da azz up video - you guys should know that's where birdman , lil wayne is from they hussle harder to make the cheddar -
Am yet to see our own version and I see nothing wrong in rozay shootin here I even love it - nigerian artist are fake and directors are not real their video are lazy and not too expresive only full of aimless girls with champagnes - I felt shank ghetto video a bit - good sha but he should ave shot it in a real slum around town - chased davido out of the cameo - he aint from d ghetto ok lol
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by pufectskin: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
i dont know y we like deluding ourselves. All of Nigeria NOT most, but ALL OF NIGERIA is a big giant GHETTO aka SLUM.
That is why a guy living in a shack on a road filled with pot holes and no streetlights...in fact no electricity would buy an $80000
Range Rover...he's got something to prove: Dat he is not as poor as the rest of us.
Right after college, I was living in and out of mid-income hotels all over the US on consulting projects for my Company...these
hotels cost the company average $150 a nite, right?
I came to Nigeria and went to one of d so called Luxury hotels in Lagos...and my cousin, who I went with is being charged over $500
a nite...And u know d funny thing? The room is humid, dere is mold everywhere and d roads leading to d hotel are awful to drive; I gotta say; WHAT A LUXURIOUS WELCOME! Why do we africans like payin for crap? Why do we like giving more than we get? Do we have such little regard for ourselves?

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by vanstanzy(m): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rick Ross just shot a video that's fetching him millions as we speak, while some Nigerians' are busy breaking their heads. Daddy Showkey and co. that made videos' of the ghetto in their songs nko, have they been hanged? Serious countries across the globe have slums, e.g. US, UK, Brazil, India etc, e come be Nigeria way no go get. Rick Ross has done well in showing the world what our INSENSITIVE govt have been doing with our numerous resources. While the down-trodden suffer in abject PENNURY. Abeg, those Nigerians' calling for Rick Ross' head on a plate are just sheer IGNORANT. Our govt just needs to sit up. They (govt) are the ones we are supposed to be fighting not Rick Ross. So guyz, just take a chill-pill.

2 Likes

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by vanstanzy(m): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: The Rick ross is already a mess. He smokes weed, cracks, takes bitches, selfish, arrogant, he is old but dresses like a 5 year old. What moral or legacy is he putting down? And what do upcoming youths really wanna learn from him. How to smoke weed To me, he is just a over hyped big hippo.

Guy take ur anger and frustration out on the FG and not Rick Ross, jor.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by kolo007: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Vanstanzy, well said bro well said.... There is poverty every where and really very bad in Nigeria, we are only just managing to manage. Presonaly I dont see anything wrong with this video.

Can u imagine those govt %@@$tards blocking most access roads in Abuja cos of some stupid national award crap. Those guys are demonic and dont care about me or you.... >>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<

vanstanzy: Rick Ross just shot a video that's fetching him millions as we speak, while some Nigerians' are busy breaking their heads. Daddy Showkey and co. that made videos' of the ghetto in their songs nko, have they been hanged? Serious countries across the globe have slums, e.g. US, UK, Brazil, India etc, e come be Nigeria way no go get. Rick Ross has done well in showing the world what our INSENSITIVE govt have been doing with our numerous resources. While the down-trodden suffer in abject PENNURY. Abeg, those Nigerians' calling for Rick Ross' head on a plate are just sheer IGNORANT. Our govt just needs to sit up. They (govt) are the ones we are supposed to be fighting not Rick Ross. So guyz, just take a chill-pill.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Gwekzy: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: The Rick ross is already a mess. He smokes weed, cracks, takes bitches, selfish, arrogant, he is old but dresses like a 5 year old. What moral or legacy is he putting down? And what do upcoming youths really wanna learn from him. How to smoke weed To me, he is just a over hyped big hippo.
. He is only 36, Our own 2baba Senior dat elephant
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Ignatio(m): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Rick Ross showed the world the poor part of our nation, which is very true, and some are complaining. In real life if someone throws dollar or naira notes on the streets of Nigeria people rush for grabs.

Nigeria is a nation were poverty were expensive clothes. Pimps (bank ceo's) living off their hoes (bank marketers).

It's a pity our local artists won't tell us the truth for they prefer to shoot videos in posh locations with exotic cars and women in and out of the country.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by gtworld39: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
av had enough comment,dis is Nigerians problem politically,econolomically and socially we all hate truth,we all making comment on rickross video dis a reality that we all know,dis re d reason why our politician decief us the picture shows the real state of nigeria.let d fool comment mayb is nt truth we re all naija

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Nigerians and their madness. When this guy came to shoot this video no one actually did anything by way of stopping him. During the video shoot itself, no one went to stop the process instead some of you went to collect the dollars and appear in the video! I'm quite sure some of you cursing this guy has friend and relatives that went for this shoot. Now, you are all here talking trash.
The guy did absolutely nothing wrong!

2 Likes

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by vanstanzy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
wandeay: shiit! Ricky is getting it on his brain negatively, Nigerians are rich, a lot of people earn @ least 15k a month, but our govt needs to put somethings in place in order to ease the hardship we face, so the blame ought to be casted on the govt not the masses, ricky, most ghetto in US are almost as Nigeria's e.g Pine Bluff in Arkansas

Guy, 15k rich for ur eyes? angry angry angry Hope u are just being sarcastic?

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
I am still trying to find a reason to dislike the video, but haven't found one yet. Maybe when I stumble upon a reason, I will return to comment.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by takedat(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
What is the fuss about him shooting a video in a Naija slum,there are ghettos and shanties all around the world including developed nations or are we trying to say that some Nigerians are not living in abject poverty?Abeg free the guy,he had shot one in New Orleans,a highly populated black ghetto so why is Naija different.At least some kids family and those who made cameo appearance in the video would have received money that their own leaders cannot give them
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Okontami: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ok, Guys. Since you people are annoyed that our Correctional Officer RICKY exposed the true state of 70% of Naija people. We will now start to expose Naija by our selves. Please this is a wake up call, if you have slums, or walk around slums, eye sores. Please Snap them and post on youtube , Naira land and other social media sites. Its time the world know that its only 30% of us that patronize game, Shop rite, Spar, Eko hotel, Sheraton, Silverbird galleria. Please let the world know the true state of our lives.

To start with, for those who have terrible bathrooms and sewage systems, gutters, please start to post. Naija, truly suffering and smiling

3 Likes

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by vanstanzy(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
kolo007: @Vanstanzy, well said bro well said.... There is poverty every where and really very bad in Nigeria, we are only just managing to manage. Presonaly I dont see anything wrong with this video.

Can u imagine those govt %@@$tards blocking most access roads in Abuja cos of some stupid national award crap. Those guys are demonic and dont care about me or you.... >>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<

See what am saying? $h!7 dont change.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by brixton: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
I was lyk wtf is he showing the world about us but again on a second thot i was lyk; this is what we are right now anyhow we see it thru... We shud learn to live with the truth.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by stagger: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: what message? Is it only in Nigeria that we have poor people and shanties or slums, or only in Nigeria that we have corrupt govt officials? Or is it only in Nigeria that everything seems awkward? We have loads of ghettos and shanties, corrupt govt official in America. But they don't portray such in music videos. Let someone sing about America that it is poor and lots of people are corrupt, then if that person won't be destroyed by the C.I.A or FBI .

I am sure you prefer the videos that portray ladies shaking their low waist than videos that remind you of Naija's reality. And whether you like it or not, the American government takes better care of its citizens than in Naija. There is no comparison.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Jcob(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dont let us behave like idiots. Did he videoshop photoshop the video? Hell No! These places are in Nigeria na.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Summarize please.

The Video showed your clans men running after Rick Ross, swimming atlantic ocean in pursuit of his speed boat, while he was tossing 1 dollar bills at them and laughing like a a`ss.. Your people made us look bad in Rick Ross' video.. angry

2 Likes

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by oderemo(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
nigeria jaga jaga everything skata skata.

1 Like

Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Odinaka00(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ť☺ my amazement I saw a guy on top bike carrying motor spare parts lolz...... Ŧħåϯ guy must βξ igbo guy hehe
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by phiszo(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
SlyIg: I cant even read that long thread,try to summarise it next time pls. But i can guess what its all abt sha.
Talk of Rick Ross new naija ghetto version of 'hold me back', he came to our country and used one of the best locations for d ordinary citizens who are not wealthy or into politics. Was that slum faked up or isnt it a place in our country? Someone said he shld have gone to Abj or Obudu to shoot his video,i laughed. Poor we! We are showing the whole world what we arent. When our own musicians are busy running to South Africa to shoot their video when we have better places like the makoko for them. Lols.
dis is a reason 9ja peepz fail exams. Is dat post long? Smh!
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by kenostika(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

when people say someone(particularly men) is old and dresses like a kid I don't know what and how they mean, how do 'old people' dress exactly and who made that rule. why should a man worry about how another man should dress.

Nigerians insulting rick ross are just stup!d. The video was shot somewhere in Nigeria and that slum on the video is even a luxury to other slums in the country. Keep whining about rick ross and continue allowing your politicians to keep on looting. I think the inhabitants of that slum will be thankful to God for this exposure. Some people are saying he should have shot it in some 'posh places', is there any posh place in Nigeria apart from some places in Abuja. Nigeria is a mess, if you think otherwise, you are only a fool!

God bless you.Myopic people.Majority are suffering for no reason and the wealthy(fortunate) see it as a crime to voice out.How much will it take to develop such places?Imagine necessities of life(food,clothing,accommodation,car,phone) are still seen as luxuries.Thumbs-up to Rozay.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
Odinaka00: Ť☺ my amazement I saw a guy on top bike carrying motor spare parts lolz...... Ŧħåϯ guy must βξ igbo guy hehe

Why did you have to drag tribalism into this issue?! angry We are talking about how Lagosians were embarassing Nigeria on Rick Ross' video and the only thing you could say was 'an Igbo man on okada'?! angry

You are a bigot and need Jesus..
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by icydoc: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
the video is a depiction of realities on ground in Nigeria.its time to wake up from our slumber.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by chreldb(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
My own diplomatic opinion is that there are ghettos in all part of the world so it should not be seen as a big deal or an insult if the Nigerian ghettos are shown every now and then. But the truth is that people who are offended are most likely to be those whose exposure excludes the slum ghetto low life that others refer to as the average Nigerian life. while others that may be delighted or see nothing wrong in the showing of this part of Nigeria are most likely belong to the class of the so called majority who have first hand experience of such life and are likely bitter and angry about it and as a result are somewhat delighted when such "realistic and truthful" or on the otherhand to the so called elites "indignifying and degrading" circumstances and conditions are shown for all to see. So everybody from my perspective has every reason to critisize and/or justify this video.

PS: I delibrately used the word "most" instaed of "all" to avoid over generalisation and inaccurate inferences from my little hypothesis.
Re: What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians by Odinaka00(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Why did you have to drag tribalism into this issue?! angry We are talking about how Lagosians were embarassing Nigeria on Rick Ross' video and the only thing you could say was 'an Igbo man on okada'?! angry

You are a bigot and need Jesus..

Must U̶̲̥̅̊ comment becuz otherz re commenting?
When re U̶̲̥̅̊ gon stop displaying dz yur stupidity which U̶̲̥̅̊ inherited from yur useless father?
Who is dragging tribalism into this issue?
Re U̶̲̥̅̊ blind dat yu can't see my name?
Doesn't my name say Ť☺ U̶̲̥̅̊ where I come from?
Moronic bigot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DJ Computer Love Remix Davido's Freestyle / Fela Kuti: 15 Year Anniversary: Your Favourite Fela Lyrics And Quotes Here / 10 Most Searched Nigerian Songs On Google 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.