Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons (28836 Views)

Anti Mohammed Cartoon Shootings In America / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan / Cartoon Of Prophet Mohammed: 10 Killed At French Magazine Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by passionate88: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2012
Garri_Activist: Why are you christians looking for trouble na undecided

Is it by force to become a christian?

Why not serve your jesus and let others serve whtever they feel like serving!

You people just can't stand the fact that Islam is making progress every blessed day, abi?

You explore hatred, jealousy and even ready to do anything to portray Islam in a bad name but the God is always behind the true religion.

My advice to fellow muslims is to remain calm and let Allah protect us as he promise to.

Thnx!
story story...
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Halogen50(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2012

You people just can't stand the fact that Islam is making progress every blessed day, abi?

You explore hatred, jealousy and even ready to do anything to portray Islam in a bad name but the God is always behind the true religion.

My advice to fellow muslims is to remain calm and let Allah protect us as he promise to.

Thnx!

And who said Charlie Hebdo (the owner of the magazine) is a Christian, or do you just label every non-Muslim a Christian? Blaming Christians based on the above post shows that you are already prejudiced against Christians. Personally, I don't believe in insulting what other people take as sacred, in the name of freedom of speech. But you shouldn't assume that the Christian community is behind in-citations such as these.

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Finland(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2012
chukwudi44:
"The freedom of the press, is that a provocation?" he said. "I'm not asking strict Muslims to read Charlie Hebdo, just like I wouldn't go to a mosque to listen to speeches that go against everything I believe." 
http://news.sky.com/story/986820/france-prophet-cartoons-spark-protest-fears
End of Discussion. I don't know why the muslim world would want the west to change their law of freedom of speech just because it goes against theirs. If you do not want to see your prophet depicted then close your eyes to the newspaper or the film. GBAM!

4 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2012
Here is another Mohammed cartoon.. Nairaland Muslims can now riot, and kill Sexkillz and Maclatunji..

[img]http://3.bp..com/_MSX1iRymcBI/TBzStKIUEUI/AAAAAAAAKT0/4B4U0sCMkuk/s1600/mohammed-cartoon-2006-02-07.jpg[/img]

8 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Skywalker5(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2012
Blame the Muslims who starts trouble at every negative thing said to Muhammad or Quran. The world now understands how they behave at every issue so they are now taking a piss at them. its not going to be long before these becomes a norm.

Thnx!

It funny how Muslims like you believe anyone who is not practicing your religion is a christian.

3 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by passionate88: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

REAL MUSLIMS!! Real Muslims are the one on the streets killing innocent folks, bombing buildings, killing Ambassadors, Burning Amarican flags, attacking Isreal, burning Churches and weilding AK-47s.. The Quoran demands these behavior for Muslims.. I suggest you grab one.. Biitch Muslims are the ones running around saying 'Islam is a religion of peace'..
it's called division of islamic religious duties... Sm make threats, others carry it out, sm cover up d threats nd asassinations as political rather than religious while they have d financiers... What a GOOD organization..

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Areaboy2(m): 10:25am On Sep 19, 2012
whether Muslims accept it or not, Islam is not a religion of peace. Let me explain

First of all we need to define a term or two

Extremist: A person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, esp. one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.

Muslim extremists as we all know will wrap bombs around themselves and blow other people up all in the name of becoming a martyr. Other Muslims can say "no! this is not the fundamental teaching of our religion". It really doesn't matter what the fundamentals are, as long as it also calls for harming, maiming, and killing other people, this distinction should really be clear. So the consensus normally is: Islam is peaceful but the extremists are the ones giving us a bad name.... WRONG!!

Now lets look at the other side of the coin "Jainism"

Jainism: An Indian religion that prescribes a path of non-violence towards all living beings. Its philosophy and practice emphasize the necessity of self-effort to move the soul toward divine consciousness and liberation.

An extremist Jainist cant kill a fly, cant kill an ant, drinks water with a sieve over his mouth to prevent swallowing any flying insect. Much more harm another human being?. Clearly we can see the distinction between a religion of peace and one which isn't

Take the veil of deceit away from your eyes and accept the truth on what Islam really stands for.

11 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2012
its unfortunate d way people reason,cant we just address d main issue here? Why would someone somewhere in his right sense want to provoke a particular set of people with different religious belief frm his by writing an article or a play/cartoon dat portrays dat person's PROPHET or RELIGION in bad light ? Itz a case of wahala dey sleep,yanga go wake am..........think people!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2012
Is this cartoon worth the life of anybody?!

Is this enough reason for a Muslim to kill?!

7 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Kx: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2012
If they can die for their Mohammed, can someone tell us what they cant do for their Allah?
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Dawdy(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: Seriously, if I want to choose religion and I am asked to choose the one I think its the best, islam will never be in my least. Anybody that says islam is a true religion is has a problem. How can u call this a religion of peace? I'm I crazy?
Who begs u to choose Islam? For all i care, choose and Be saved, dont choose and go to hell, No third option.
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Roon9(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2012
Iskra: @ Garri Activist.....hehehehe you really dey make me laff but i no surprise because your thinking matches very closely the prognosis of someone who has had tomuch garri water in his brain and I see how much it degrades your ability to think properly. So you really think Islam is making Progress, I wonder what Mohammed your prophet would be saying if he could see all these things going on and I wonder what the Sages from the early Moslem world would think if they could see what Islam has turned into. I am sure if you beheld retrogression with your eyes , you wont know what to call it. I wish you luck on your way to a redefinition of religious progress. Any religion that eats up its own and calls its strenght can only be likened to an unthinking animal and I mean any religion just in case your garri ladden brain doesnt take it in...Christianity, Islam, Judaism...I pray for the day when they will die and leave the earth a better and more reasonable place to live in...My prayer is for aeons and years however idealistic it might sound

What's with the many talk? The bottom line is this; 'islam is and has always being ӑ violent religion'. This once, i was passing by ♍Ɣ school mosque and i overheard muslim brothers preaching about INFIDELS.tgenerally if U̶̲̥̅̊ are not ӑ muslim U̶̲̥̅̊ are considered an infidel n the ultimate goal ☀̤̣̈̇f islam is KIll ANYONE ΤЂÅŁ DOES'NT BELIEVE IN THIER RELIGION.... Quote ♍ƺ anywhere
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Dawdy(m): 10:28am On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

REAL MUSLIMS!! Real Muslims are the one on the streets killing innocent folks, bombing buildings, killing Ambassadors, Burning Amarican flags, attacking Isreal, burning Churches and weilding AK-47s.. The Quoran demands these behavior for Muslims.. I suggest you grab one.. Biitch Muslims are the ones running around saying 'Islam is a religion of peace'..
liar
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by ghazzal: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2012
Its obvious that many are suffering from Psychological Warfare. God`s guide is the only true guide. Open your eyes,read and think not just open your ears and Talk
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2012

Thnx!
ahahahah, see unlimited foolishness
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Skywalker5(m): 10:32am On Sep 19, 2012
Kamardiran: its unfortunate d way people reason,cant we just address d main issue here? Why would someone somewhere in his right sense want to provoke a particular set of people with different religious belief frm his by writing an article or a play/cartoon dat portrays dat person's PROPHET or RELIGION in bad light ? Itz a case of wahala dey sleep,yanga go wake am..........think people!!!!!!!!

There is a recent publication about Jesus having a wife on the dailymail website. Did Christians start riot because of that? You do the math

5 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Freiburger(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2012
These guys should stop these provocations, it is no longer funny. angry
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Deprofessional(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2012
To be frank, I see rioting moslems as foolish, ignorant, blood thirsty and very moronic. It beats my imagination how mortals will choose to fight for their god. This is exactly were Christians differ from moslems. Burn a Bible or cartoon Jesus Christ, no christian will raise a hand; rather they do battle with our knees and before long the Generalissimo of the Universe, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, The Mighty Man in Battle, The Omnipotent, The I AM THAT I AM,The Commander of the Heavenly Hosts, The Consuming Fire will react.

Islam is a religion of Terrorists

10 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by IleIfe2(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2012
noblezone: The way I see it, Islam has actually succeeded in getting the whole world intimidated through their unlimited and unquenchable campaign of terror.

It is a shame!

Islam has succeed in intimidating nobody. people will continue making cartoons and movies about muhammed, and i hope all these liberals are kicked out of office so any time there is a bloody and unreasonable violence in the name of muhammed, there will also be an irrational and aggressive retaliation. simple

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by kaydibs(f): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2012

Thnx!
Lol
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2012
Reserve my comment 4 now
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by DollyParton1(f): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2012
ok, when people know the way these Muslims are, cant they just stay out of their way...
Why make a cartoon when the aftermath of the film is still stinging....
We know they'll always fight even when there's no reason to....
I smell bloodshed
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by emmatok(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2012
chukwudi44: A French magazine is publishing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in a move that is likely to inflame outrage among Muslims who have been protesting against an anti-Islamic film.

The latest edition of satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo will hit news stands against a background of protests over the US-made film that mocks Mohammed.

The magazine has not revealed what the cartoons will show but its editor said they would "shock those who will want to be shocked".

French newspaper Le Monde said the images show the prophet in "particularly explicit poses". Many Muslims are strictly against Mohammed being depicted visually in any way.

At least 30 people have died so far in demonstrations against the Innocence of Muslims film in more than 20 countries.

The last time Charlie Hebdo stoked controversy over Islamic issues its Paris offices were fire-bombed.

That attack last year was blamed on an edition "guest-edited" by the Prophet Mohammed that it called Sharia Hebdo.

Charlie Hebdo's latest move was greeted with immediate calls from political and religious leaders for the media to act responsibly and avoid inflaming the current situation.

Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault issued a statement expressing his "disapproval of all excesses".
The magazine's editor, originally a cartoonist who uses the name Charb, denied he was being deliberately provocative.

"The freedom of the press, is that a provocation?" he said. "I'm not asking strict Muslims to read Charlie Hebdo, just like I wouldn't go to a mosque to listen to speeches that go against everything I believe."

Dalil Boubakeur, senior cleric at Paris's biggest mosque, called on France's four million Muslims to remain calm.

"It is with astonishment, sadness and concern that I have learned that this publication is risking increasing the current outrage across the Muslim world," he said.

"I would appeal to them not to pour oil on the fire."

France's Muslim Council also appealed for calm.

Even before news of Charlie Hebdo's plans emerged, French Muslims were being urged to take to the streets in defiance of an official ban on demonstrations over the controversial film.

Messages on social networking sites called for protests to be held Saturday in Paris, Marseille and other major cities.

France's Muslim community, most of whom have family links to north Africa, is the largest in western Europe.

http://news.sky.com/story/986820/france-prophet-cartoons-spark-protest-fears

So should we prepare for another round of killings and protest.
I am sure some will start killing even at the mention of such cation.
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Les: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2012

Thnx!
shut up there you silly vagabond wandering in the depth of your undiluted illiteracy. Who gave you the notion that anyone who's not a muslim is now automatically a christian? There're many religions this ppl can be into(judaism, budahism, traditionalism, etc!) in which the most likely one is satanism. The world power, U.S and co are noting but bunches of freemasons that are producing ungodly act in which you muslims are reacting very ungodly too. Am a true christian, but i tell you i don't support this in any way at ol. So mind how you point at christianity in order to avoid more aggressions on this COS CHRISTIANITY HAS NO PART IN THIS NONESENSE!

2 Likes

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Who is Muhammed? I'm blessed and lucky to be a christian.... It's funny how the so-called muslims does'nt react to what the atheists say about the nonexistence of GOD, but kill people when they hear muha......
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Jalal(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Why the provocation na? angry angry sad angry
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by IleIfe2(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Built2last: The best way to display maturity sometimes in dicey situations like this is silence.Islam must learn to swallow such inciting movies, cartoons and write ups...the anti-Islamic groups all over the world now knows exactly what to do to get the muslim world boiling and the media busy.The big question is, for how long will muslims keep reacting?...if only they will embrace silence..they will get tired and the world will be peaceful.If muslims keep reacting to such, then we should expect more of such movies and cartoons.

1 Like

Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Jyde89: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2012
Another derogatery cartoon about prophet mohamed, o boy, this one na season film o, i advice my christian brother's and sister's in the north to put on their bullet proof and fortify their houses with sand bag's, it's gonna be a bumpy ride; i have no doubt this religeon of peace dude's are devicing new way's of venting their anger on innocent live's; all they want is the cartoon's premier.
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by mmmustapha(m): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2012
Y dis xtians practice their religion n allow us to practice ours, y r u trying to muck islam n muslim? Am not surprise at all u even made jocks with jesus who u said is ur god, let me remind u sumtin muslim will not tolerate dis nonsense shegu kafirai, dakikai, summun bukumun fahun la yarji'un
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by NeuroBoss(m): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2012
Area_boy: whether Muslims accept it or not, Islam is not a religion of peace. Let me explain

First of all we need to define a term or two

Extremist: A person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, esp. one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.

Muslim extremists as we all know will wrap bombs around themselves and blow other people up all in the name of becoming a martyr. Other Muslims can say "no! this is not the fundamental teaching of our religion". It really doesn't matter what the fundamentals are, as long as it also calls for harming, maiming, and killing other people, this distinction should really be clear. So the consensus normally is: Islam is peaceful but the extremists are the ones giving us a bad name.... WRONG!!

Now lets look at the other side of the coin "Jainism"

Jainism: An Indian religion that prescribes a path of non-violence towards all living beings. Its philosophy and practice emphasize the necessity of self-effort to move the soul toward divine consciousness and liberation.

An extremist Jainist cant kill a fly, cant kill an ant, drinks water with a sieve over his mouth to prevent swallowing any flying insect. Much more harm another human being?. Clearly we can see the distinction between a religion of peace and one which isn't

Take the veil of deceit away from your eyes and accept the truth on what Islam really stands for.
There are still intelligent people on Nairaland
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by Les: 10:41am On Sep 19, 2012
Halogen50:

And who said Charlie Hebdo (the owner of the magazine) is a Christian, or do you just label every non-Muslim a Christian? Blaming Christians based on the above post shows that you are already prejudiced against Christians. Personally, I don't believe in insulting what other people take as sacred, in the name of freedom of speech. But you shouldn't assume that the Christian community is behind in-citations such as these.
i didn't read your post b4 posting mine, true christians are 1!
Re: French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons by sleeky8(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Not Just Frech Embassies o!! Those Niggas are so crazy they would attack anybody caught eating French Toast (a.k.a Christians).. Joints that sell FRECH FRIES (Goodbye Mr. Biggs and other Fast foods).. And 'French Curves' would also be banned in all Almajiri Schools in the North.. Even sef, Muslims would stop French kissing their wives from now on..

Lmao. Lemme just add religion of piss and shit.
Muslims always clamour for violence. Why didnt Abraham use a c.d?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Intelligence Agencies Make Understanding Putin's State Of Mind A Top Priority / Ukraine War Drains U.S Ammunition Stockpiles / Senegalese Soldiers Seen Hailing Protesters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.