Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) (2558 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Scientific Miracles from the Quran / Why I Believe In Monogamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2012
That the earth is created in 7 days is not known to science. so it is not valid
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2012
Quran says some rocks have water within it years ago. now science says seas/oceans are formed by metorites with has 80% of water. any similarity? think
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
So? by the time the Qu'ran was written they were common knowledge..
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
mkmyers45: So? by the time the Qu'ran was written they were common knowledge..
how do you know that if i may ask? show me
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
The Quran also says,dat 4m water all life begine,dsame with what biologest belived.And also Quran says,all finger prints are not dsame.Also science aggried with dat statement.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
Also Quran also stated dat,there is a barrer seprating occeans,which was also proven by science and the big bank theory was also talk about in Quran,the universe is exploded into existance.I belive dat is not a common knowlage back 1400years ago.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by CrazyMan(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
ghazzal: That the earth is created in 7 days is not known to science. so it is not valid
I believe that everyone is entitled to his/her own views and opinions...so whatever you choose to believe is up to you...
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by EvilBrain1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
I believe that everyone is entitled to his/her own views and opinions...so whatever you choose to believe is up to you...

Wrong. The biblical evolution myth contradicts known science. That is a fact, not a matter of opinion.

To choose to continue to believe it is to choose to be irrational.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
ghazzal:
how do you know that if i may ask? show me
When was the Qu'ran written?
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: Also Quran also stated dat,there is a barrer seprating occeans,which was also proven by science and the big bank theory was also talk about in Quran,the universe is exploded into existance.I belive dat is not a common knowlage back 1400years ago.
What barrier?
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 20, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: Also Quran also stated dat,there is a barrer seprating occeans,which was also proven by science and the big bank theory was also talk about in Quran,the universe is exploded into existance.I belive dat is not a common knowlage back 1400years ago.
smh
and so fking what? At 1400 * many years ago, acient egypt already had this knowledge.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by EvilBrain1(m): 2:50am On Sep 20, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: Also Quran also stated dat,there is a barrer seprating occeans,which was also proven by science

Rubbish. There is no such barrier separating the oceans. I'm afraid you are talking nonsense.

the big bank theory was also talk about in Quran,the universe is exploded into existance.I belive dat is not a common knowlage back 1400years ago.

The big bàng theory doesn't claim that the universe exploded into existence. And as far as I am aware, neither does the Koran.

What you are doing is selectively interpreting sections of the Koran in ways that make it look scientific and dismissing the more embarrassing passages (like the one about the sun setting into a muddy pool).

The fact is that you could never have derived the big báng, or any other scientific theory from the Koran or bible before that theory was elucidated by scientists. It's only after a theory has become established that your people start trying to massage koranic passages to fit known science. And the patently ridiculous passages (like the aforementioned muddy sunset hypothesis) get written off as metaphysical and not literal.

The only way to convince me that the Koran has real knowledge in IT is for someone to extract information we didn't already know from it. If someone used organic verses to build a functioning warp drive or produce a stable wormhole, that would be pretty convincing.

Bastardising both the Koran and the big báng theory to try and make them fit together is not going to fool anyone with a brain.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by wiegraf: 3:35am On Sep 20, 2012
I know, I've always thought people thinking batman stood a chance against superman as being, forgive me, stoopid. How in the world do you expect him to defeat almost invulnerable superman?
Ok, I concede that maybe if batman prepared he might stand a chance.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 7:28am On Sep 20, 2012
mkmyers45: What barrier?

Q 25:53 "It is He who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: one palatable and sweet the other salt and bitter; yet he has made a barrier between them a partition that is forbidden to be passed.
Q 25:54 " It is he who has created man from water: then he has established relationship of lineage and mariage: for thy Lord has power over all things.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 7:29am On Sep 20, 2012
diluminati:
smh
and so fking what? At 1400 * many years ago, acient egypt already had this knowledge.
why do you think so. give me a proof-google it out
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2012
Evil Brain:

Rubbish. There is no such barrier separating the oceans. I'm afraid you are talking nonsense.

The big bàng theory doesn't claim that the universe exploded into existence. And as far as I am aware, neither does the Koran.

What you are doing is selectively interpreting sections of the Koran in ways that make it look scientific and dismissing the more embarrassing passages (like the one about the sun setting into a muddy pool).

The fact is that you could never have derived the big báng, or any other scientific theory from the Koran or bible before that theory was elucidated by scientists. It's only after a theory has become established that your people start trying to massage koranic passages to fit known science. And the patently ridiculous passages (like the aforementioned muddy sunset hypothesis) get written off as metaphysical and not literal.

The only way to convince me that the Koran has real knowledge in IT is for someone to extract information we didn't already know from it. If someone used organic verses to build a functioning warp drive or produce a stable wormhole, that would be pretty convincing.

Bastardising both the Koran and the big báng theory to try and make them fit together is not going to fool anyone with a brain.

Ok for the sake of argument. what did the bigbang theory proove? tell me something different or confess you dont knowand tell me where d Quran says the sun sets into a muddy pool. but the Quran says as below:

Q 41:9 "Say: is it that they deny him who created the earth in 2 days? And do ye join equals with him? He is the Lord of all the worlds...(now i wonder how many worlds exists - (wait patiently for science though it already claim some parallel worlds)

Q 41:10 "He set on the earth mountains standing firm, high above it and bestows blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion in 4 days (inclusive of 2 days above).......

Q 41:11 "Moreover He comprehended in his design the sky and it had been as smoke: He said to it and to the earth "come ye together....."

Could the Bigbang have resulted in smoke? aha i catch you there. go read the Quran first.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:

Q 25:53 "It is He who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: one palatable and sweet the other salt and bitter; yet he has made a barrier between them a partition that is forbidden to be passed.
Q 25:54 " It is he who has created man from water: then he has established relationship of lineage and mariage: for thy Lord has power over all things.

There is no such barrier in science...
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by EvilBrain1(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:

Ok for the sake of argument. what did the bigbang theory proove? tell me something different or confess you dont know
The big báng theory doesn't prove anything (science deals in evidence, not proof). It is a theory about the origin of the universe. It says that the universe began as an infinitesimally small, energy dense point called a singularity which inflated till it reached its present size, and continues to do so today. There was no explosion, and no smoke. That by the way was an extremely short, dumbed down summary of the theory so don't think you're now that you've read this post. Read the Wikipedia article for the more complete version.

tell me where d Quran says the sun sets into a muddy pool.

Sura 18:86

"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: "O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness.""
Is it possible that you, a Muslim are not aware of this verse? Could it be that I, an atheist am more familiar with the Koran than you? Or were you just being disingenuous because you knew you were cornered?
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
Evil Brain:
The big báng theory doesn't prove anything (science deals in evidence, not proof). It is a theory about the origin of the universe. It says that the universe began as an infinitesimally small, energy dense point called a singularity which inflated till it reached its present size, and continues to do so today. There was no explosion, and no smoke. That by the way was an extremely short, dumbed down summary of the theory so don't think you're now that you've read this post. Read the Wikipedia article for the more complete version.

"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: "O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness.""
Is it possible that you, a Muslim are not aware of this verse? Could it be that I, an atheist am more familiar with the Koran than you? Or were you just being disingenuous because you knew you were cornered?
and in 18:90 also said d same sun also rose on some people...... right? this is english brother!. it only described where he was when the sun set. or is it logical for sun to set in a spring of murky water while it is over billion times greater than earth.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
Bigbang theory is about the black hole: do you know what a black hole is? that it exploded for the earth to come about. and the arth is also aging and will die with time. could an athiets not know science?
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:
and in 18:90 also said d same sun also rose on some people...... right? this is english brother!. it only described where he was when the sun set. or is it logical for sun to set in a spring of murky water while it is over billion times greater than earth.

Stop trying to be biased....Mohammad was reciting Allah's word no?

What does it mean when it said 'it set in a spring in a spring of murky water' abi na typographical error?
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
mkmyers45:

There is no such barrier in science...

the barrier where the atlantic ocean meets the mediterranean sea and they do not mix. science say the density of both water differ..... but d question one would have askd is what will not make them mix,overflow........ science may call it surface tension.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
mkmyers45:

Stop trying to be biased....Mohammad was reciting Allah's word no?

What does it mean when it said 'it set in a spring in a spring of murky water' abi na typographical error?
- this is only use of english.
Question: where did he find that the sun had set, in a spring of murky water..... this is an event in Moses` time, Muhammed was not there at the time and only Quran reported it. How did he know? - He shall not speak of himselve but what is commanded of him to speak.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:

the barrier where the atlantic ocean meets the mediterranean sea and they do not mix. science say the density of both water differ..... but d question one would have askd is what will not make them mix,overflow........ science may call it surface tension.

and you call it a barrier lol

This has been common knowledge long before the writings of the Qu'ran
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal: - this is only use of english.
Question: where did he find that the sun had set, in a spring of murky water..... this is an event in Moses` time, Muhammed was not there at the time and only Quran reported it. How did he know? - He shall not speak of himselve but what is commanded of him to speak.

Its safe to generalize this use of English then...remember when making an exception it should be made for all
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
mkmyers45:

and you call it a barrier lol

This has been common knowledge long before the writings of the Qu'ran

you make me laugh. when did it become known. pls google it and see.
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:

you make me laugh. when did it become known. pls google it and see.

Before we continue....when did Mohammad start receiving revelations?
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by ghazzal: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
mkmyers45:

Its safe to generalize this use of English then...remember when making an exception it should be made for all
this is the reason it is best to read in arabic. some meaning may be lost during translation and "Gap theory" may come in. remember that no translation can be perfet
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:
this is the reason it is best to read in Arabic. some meaning may be lost during translation and "Gap theory" may come in. remember that no translation can be perfect

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok i understand....

I know a little Arabic so can you call up the verse in Arabic and translate it
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by mkmyers45(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
How do you translate: Sura 18:86 Hatta itha balaghamaghriba alshshamsi wajadaha taghrubu fee AAaynin hami-atinwawajada AAindaha qawman qulna ya thaalqarnayni imma an tuAAaththiba wa-imma antattakhitha feehim husnan
Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by EvilBrain1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:

Ok for the sake of argument. what did the bigbang theory proove? tell me something different or confess you dont know

tell me where d Quran says the sun sets into a muddy pool.

Re: Why Should I Believe The Bible Or Quran (scientific Prophecy Only) by tbaba1234: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
^Evil Brain

I watch the sun set on the beach.... Does that mean that the sun set on the beach?

What do i see? what is my view?

The ayah describes Zhul Qarnain doing exactly the same thing, It says: 'He found it' showing that we are talking from the view of Zhul Qarnain....

Intellectual naviety at its best...

@ OP

Have a look at this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-season-1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Koran? / Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist / The Real Top 5 False Things About Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.