Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant (16209 Views)

Prince James Uche Goes Blind, Needs N10m For Kidney Transplant / Ngozi Nwosu Is Still Sick / Nollywood Actress Ngozi Nwosu Has Been Diagnosed With HIV In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Solemntee: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2012
There’s big fear in the motion picture industry, globally known as Nollywood  over the  health of one of its leading actresses, Ngozi Nwosu as report says  she needs to be flown out of the country urgently for a kidney transplant in the shores of India.

Dailypost learnt that already, some of her colleagues such as Amaka Igwe, Biodun Aleja and Emma Oguguah, are raising funds and preparing to fly her out of Nigeria for the surgery.

According Biodun Aleja, Nwosu is currently bedridden and  they are making efforts to make sure she returns to the klieg lights.

He said: “We gave her some money yesterday to support the tests she is undergoing, and we will very likely take her to India very soon; that is why we are trying to raise funds for her. By the time she is done with the tests, we will be sure of the exact ailment, but I think it is kidney leakage or so,” he said.

A save-our-soul message circulating among Ngozi’s colleagues reads; “Please let’s not turn this to plenty talk, if you can help financially, please help by paying what you can to GTB account number0052851673 Ngozi. M. Nwosu. Thanks.”

The Imo State born entertainer who has dazzled in hit flicks such as Greatest Weapon, Thunderbolt, Fake Doctor, A Cry For Help, Dark Secret, Dr Thomas among others was earlier rumoured to have being suffering from leukemia and  HIV, but she denied it all. In an interview, she claimed that: “I lost weight because I wasn’t comfortable with it any longer. I lost weight because, as an actress,I didn’t want to be playing a particular role. I no longer wanted the motherly role I was always acting. I wanted to see myself from another angle.

“I lost weight, especially for my health. I feel good. I feel better. When I wear the kind of clothes I love, I do not feel stupid. I love wearing hugging clothes. Now I wear them and I see I’m okay in them. So, it is now a crime to lose weight. Just because I lost weight, I now have HIV/AIDS and leukemia?” He asked.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/19/nollywood-actress-ngozi-nwosu-flown-india-kidney-transplant/
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by jay4lyf(f): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
I see a lot of grammatical errors. Was this posted in a hurry? *justsaying*

I wish Ngozi Nwosu a quick recovery and God's mercies

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by crackhouse(m): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
First to comment
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by ujukala: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Somebody is dying and you are here talking about "grammar"? I weep for you Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by SlyIg(f): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
May God save her life!
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Kx: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
jay4lyf: I see a lot of grammatical errors. Was this posted in a hurry? *justsaying*

ujukala: Somebody is dying and you are here talking about "grammar"? I weep for you Nigeria.

I guess the sick woman would appreciate your moral and financial support; not your grammatical support.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by regime: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
pls let someone post her pix
May God save her life.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by SlyIg(f): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
crackhouse: First to comment
And whats so special about being the first! Better get something better doing.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by drnoel: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
Oh i feel 4 her. if u haven't being there u won't understand
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by ojotask: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
Her pic

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by garripack: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=50pt]WISH HER LUCK [/size]
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Pukkah: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
The woman is a good actress who interpretes her roles well and speaks fluent Yoruba, Igbo, and English. I love self-made people who have gone through thick and thin to surmount the tough challenges in the operating environment. Ngozi is one of them and she should not be allowed to die. This country has the money to save her and all those suffering from kidney-related diseases. There are also so many moneybags that can produce the money without wincing.

I also dream of a Nigeria that can boast of a health system which can adequately and competently handle ailments like this instead of contributing money for flight (both for the patient and a nurse) to India or Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by SlyIg(f): 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
regime: pls let someone post her pix
May God save her life.

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by bblacky(f): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
na waooo.....chei! i really feel for ha. i pray for a successful surgery. God help U (NG)

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by feith(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
I pray that God will touch the heart of rich guys in the movie industry and other sectors to assist her with the required money before things get out of hand.I would ve love to help but....God knows
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by donbuchi1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
jay4lyf: I see a lot of grammatical errors. Was this posted in a hurry? *justsaying*

You are not sensitive. Ma'am grammer
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Emdee590(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
ujukala: Somebody is dying and you are here talking about "grammar"? I weep for you Nigeria.
dat guy na baga.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by thoniann(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
don't these artistes save money at at all?with all the cash paid over jobs she's done in the last 18 years,big personalities she's met,adverts and endorsements i get to see an SOS call? na wa ooo!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by alex406(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
This woman has really changed. May God grant her quick recovery.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by dasparrow: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Post

Here is hoping that she feels better. Wishing her all the best.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
Wow... See how emaciated she is!!! shocked

Peaceful Peace, I really miss your acting skills. I wish you quick recovery. Please recover and get back to the screen.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Why india for kidney translant?can it be done in oauthc,ibadan,st nicholas hospital etc.it does not make sense.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by emma26(m): 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2012

i gest u dnt knw d value of lyf...abi u tink say na kwashokoh wey u dy suffer dem dy talk abt here..u lack nutrient #GarriFame

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by emma26(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2012

i gest u dnt knw d value of lyf...abi u tink say na kwashokoh wey u dy suffer dem dy talk abt here..u lack nutrient #GarriFame
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by MacLovington(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
Laalamed: Why india for kidney translant?can it be done in oauthc,ibadan,st nicholas hospital etc.it does not make sense.

Good question. But it's not moin moin unless you know what you are doing. Our leaders don't know what they are doing so here we are.

The first time I saw a kidney transplant I was amazed that it was relatively easy WITH a lot of training of course.

Even almost simultaneous operations take only a few hours.
A live donor first undergoes surgery to remove one kidney and the sick person is then immediately operated on and the donated kidney is put in the abdominal cavity.

You don't remove the bad kidney(s), you just add a good one. It's a bit like plumbing job! And then use drugs to suppress immune system to avoid organ rejection.

I wonder why parents, daughters, sons, husbands etc don't donate kidney to sick loved ones in need of a kidney in Naija. Everybody just dey form christian for nothing. I heard that dialysis can cost over 150k a month in naija.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by BUSHMAN1: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
how do we know this is not another nigerian con (419), with all the money and rich friends she must have made,they should be able to help her
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by MacLovington(m): 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
BUSH MAN: how do we know this is not another nigerian con (419), with all the money and rich friends she must have made,they should be able to help her

Naija is a very expensive place. A lot of people live above their means (not saying she does) and being a star costs money. Then you have family responsibilities if your relatives are not rich.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by SuyaEater(m): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
These surgeries should be done in nigeria by now instead of going to another 3rd world country to do it ...
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by eminemkayc: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ppl like dbanj, psquare nd all these quack entertainers singin abut women all d tym chopin their money or hw endowed they r can assist one of their own easily. I dnt knw why our entertainers refuse to gv back. In d states u havin eminem givin back, dre , fifty, obietrice etc givin bck to d society but ours is always d reverse. May God help her

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by jay4lyf(f): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
emma_@:

Another error. It's 'guess' btw
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Re: Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant by Ivynwa(f): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Poor darling! I wish her God's healing.
I enjoy some of her acting especially her part as Chief's wife in that Television programme (what is the name again?) where she acted along with Ireti and the other mgbeke(dulling wife) as the wife of that big man that have plenty children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Consoles D'banj On Death Of His Son, Daniel D'Third / Agbani Darego Is The New Face Of Arik Air / Alibaba Gives Sewing Machine To A Fashion Designer At His January 1st Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.