Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! (112792 Views)

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money / Need Info On Ikoyi Marriage Registry / Ikoyi Marriage Registry(federal) And Eti-osa Local Govt Registry,ikoyi (state) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by YEWANDEE(f): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Plz, i need contact of anyone working at the ikoyi registry, who can help us. We're are to bring notification letter to the church, our wedding is in january. Plz, it's urgent. Thanks, and God bless.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by molybdenum0012: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2020
MakCoby:
they asked me to pay 50k since my spouse lives abroad. Normally, how much am I supposed to pay ?

And they asked me to pay 60k, these officials sha..

Abeg how do we bypass these people. The fees too outrageous
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by fabiomatic(m): 12:11am On Feb 05, 2020
molybdenum0012:

And they asked me to pay 60k, these officials sha..

Abeg how do we bypass these people. The fees too outrageous
I suggest you go online. Special marriage is 35k. Just google Federal Marriage Registry
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by mtngloetiartel: 1:51am On Mar 13, 2020
Pls help me. I had done the registration online. The only document sent to me was like a receipt of my payment. Since then, I had not heard anything else from them. The date I choosed is 25th of this month. Am worried if there is anything else I need to do, take along or whatever before, and on that day. Please share me some enlightenment. Thanks so much
fabiomatic:
I suggest you go online. Special marriage is 35k. Just google Federal Marriage Registry
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by scicey(f): 12:01am On Apr 05, 2020
mtngloetiartel:
Pls help me. I had done the registration online. The only document sent to me was like a receipt of my payment. Since then, I had not heard anything else from them. The date I choosed is 25th of this month. Am worried if there is anything else I need to do, take along or whatever before, and on that day. Please share me some enlightenment. Thanks so much

At the time of my response, your proposed date has passed. How did it go?

Were you able to have your wedding? What happened? Did they ask for any other thing? Did the lockdown affect you?
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by fabiomatic(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
I am just seeing this. and you can send me a pm just so i can send you one of their staff's number
mtngloetiartel:
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by greggng: 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mcfemad:
Dear all,

Thank you so much for your contributions to this thread. I am happy to let you know I got married yesterday at the Federal Marriage Registry, Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria. The information I got here was instrumental to the success of the wedding. Thanks and God bless!

Pls whatsap me so that we can discuss more on the marriage issue. I just met my soul mate .she is from USA . She wanna come down to Nigeria soon for our marriage ...I will need you to guide me on what it takes. Here is my whatsap 08062593234 .I will aporeciate urgent response
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by DortmundGirl(f): 9:29am On Aug 16, 2020
Most people get married in Ikoyi, if their spouse is foreign, cause it's easier for the embassy to check on their marriage from there.
Otherwise the embassy lawyers have to travel far.

But truly speaking the registry people there in ikoyi are thieves. Charging high rates and bribe for the wedding. One friend of mine used to work there years back. With the extra cash he build a fine house o..

I'm tired cause without bribe nothing seems to work in Naija. Go to other countries you don't see such crap. Even Ghana is more developed
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by peacy26: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please house kindly respond to this. my fiance has done the online registration for our mariage but we dnt intend using the registry but our place of worship. can just the fiance go to collect the form c or must he go to the registry with his fiancee. please i need an urgent reply thanks
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by scicey(f): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2020
From what I understand, only one person can go but you can chat with the customer care on their website https://ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng/
They are very responsive.

peacy26:
Please house kindly respond to this. my fiance has done the online registration for our mariage but we dnt intend using the registry but our place of worship. can just the fiance go to collect the form c or must he go to the registry with his fiancee. please i need an urgent reply thanks
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by peacy26: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
scicey:
From what I understand, only one person can go but you can chat with the customer care on their website https://ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng/
They are very responsive.

Ok thanks alot
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
Please, i just started my registration online, on the website i saw 15,000 for ordinary marriage while some friends told me its 35,000.
Please i want to know if
1. I can have the oath on d wedding day?
2. The total amount required of me to pay.

Thanks

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
peacy26:

How much did your husband paid?
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Ishilove: 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
bedoab10k:
Please, i just started my registration online, on the website i saw 15,000 for ordinary marriage while some friends told me its 35,000.
Please i want to know if

Thanks
Which one is ordinary marriage again?
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ishilove:

Which one is ordinary marriage again?

Normal marriage
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Ishilove: 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
bedoab10k:

Normal marriage
Oh okay. What is special marriage?
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ishilove:

Oh okay. What is special marriage?

When one of the spouse is not a Nigerian.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Ishilove: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
bedoab10k:

When one of the spouse is not a Nigerian.
Ohhhh... Okay. Thanks
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by profeoo(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2020
bedoab10k:
Please i want to know if

Thanks
I also registered online and selected Saturday for the wedding day.
I paid NGN 15,243 .
I intend doing my wedding elsewhere and not the registry after taking my path there on a Tuesday.
Were you asked to pay another fee?

Also, were you presented with the form E on same day you took the path?

Please assist.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
profeoo:

I also registered online and selected Saturday for the wedding day.
I paid NGN 15,243 .
I intend doing my wedding elsewhere and not the registry after taking my path there on a Tuesday.
Were you asked to pay another fee?

Also, were you presented with the form E on same day you took the path?

Please assist.

there's changed of plan. I'm doing my wedding at Local Govt registry
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Fikolaolatunji1: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Please can someone guide me or help with the procedure for divorce. My brother got married in 2016 but he wants a divorce now....the marriage took place at Ikeja Registry
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Gpopsicle(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
bedoab10k:

there's changed of plan. I'm doing my wedding at Local Govt registry

good day, i will like you to hint me on the details of holding a wedding at local govt registry. thanks in anticipation
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2020
Gpopsicle:

good day, i will like you to hint me on the details of holding a wedding at local govt registry. thanks in anticipation

Each Local Govt have their own requirements.
In Oyo state the following are required.
1. Notification fee 450(Not all LG collect this)
2. Registration money between 12,500 to 13,000 depending on registry.
3. 1 packet of biscuit
4. 1 pack of malt
5. 6 plates of food (Not all LG collect this).
6. Bride and Groom passports (4 each)

Notification and posting of intended couples details on the board for 21days then you can have ur wedding at desire date after 21days of notification.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by FlyingTOMATOE: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2020
bedoab10k:

3. 1 packet of biscuit
4. 1 pack of malt
6. Bride and Groom passports (5 each)

Notification and posting of intended couples details on the board for 21days then you can have ur wedding at desire date after 21days of notification.
almost the same list with what I was told when I went to Ilorin registry back in January. I think I opened a thread about it
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Gpopsicle(m): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2020
bedoab10k:

3. 1 packet of biscuit
4. 1 pack of malt

thanks very much, God bless you.
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
Gpopsicle:

thanks very much, God bless you.

Amen. You are welcome
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by uwagboe1: 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
Pls how did yours go. I have done d online registration about 23 days now. My wedding is next week.am yet to receive any response from them. How did u do yours pls
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by SuppoOmoo: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
bedoab10k:

3. 1 packet of biscuit
4. 1 pack of malt

To support your words here, I ll also pen down my experience having visited two LGA in Oyo State (Ibadan North and Oluyole) on the subject matter. The Marriage Registry of Ibadan North is situated inside the LGA council at a place called Agodi-Gate adjacent Immigration Office while that of Oluyole is beside Oluyole Shopping Complex at Orita-challege Ibadan.

NOTE: Oluyole council is situated in a village called Idi-Ayure along Ijebu ode when you follow Old Lagos Ibadan road but they strategically stationed their marriage registry at Orita-challege.

Now on what and what requires, the two local government request same thing. The only slight difference is on the Menu Menu required.

For Oluyole LGA, your are to pay

1) 1,200.00 cash (receipt issued) to the LGA.

2) 2000.00 to bank A in favour of Oyo State Government with a teller.

3) 6500.00 to bank B in favour of Oluyole LGA with a teller

4). 1000.00 to bank C in favour of Oyo State/Oluyole LGA joint account with a teller.

5) 3 passport each of Groom and Bride

NOTE: the banks are 3 different commercial banks and the payments should be made in the name of the groom.

The total amount when added is 10,700. If you don't wanna go to thes banks yourself, you are to add 1000 to the said amount making it 11,700. With this payment, you ll file a notice by filling the form given to you.

21 working days is calculated, they have a calendar that does that immediately.

So, before you go, they will give you 3 different dates which you can consumate your marriage. You are to choose one.

Moving on, 2 days to your chosen date, you are to pay another 5000 for the certificate.

Lastly, on the deal day, you come to the registry with your bride and do the needful.

Refreshments to present

1 pack of Can Malt
1 pack of fibre biscuits
2 pieces of salive
2 pieces of Hollandian Yogurt
Or your pay another 5000 for the above items.

When asked about the acceptance of certificate issued from Oluyole at Embassies, the woman responded that many couples from who used their registry are now abroad and that Embassy representatives do come to them for verification.
She added that so long the marriage certificate is carries Federal Government, no embassy turns it down.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
SuppoOmoo:

To support your words here, I ll also pen down my experience having visited two LGA in Oyo State (Ibadan North and Oluyole) on the subject matter. The Marriage Registry of Ibadan North is situated inside the LGA council at a place called Agodi-Gate adjacent Immigration Office while that of Oluyole is beside Oluyole Shopping Complex at Orita-challege Ibadan.

NOTE: Oluyole council is situated in a village called Idi-Ayure along Ijebu ode when you follow Old Lagos Ibadan road but they strategically stationed their marriage registry at Orita-challege.

Now on what and what requires, the two local government request same thing. The only slight difference is on the Menu Menu required.

For Oluyole LGA, your are to pay

1) 1,200.00 cash (receipt issued) to the LGA.

2) 2000.00 to bank A in favour of Oyo State Government with a teller.

3) 6500.00 to bank B in favour of Oluyole LGA with a teller

4). 1000.00 to bank C in favour of Oyo State/Oluyole LGA joint account with a teller.

5) 3 passport each of Groom and Bride

NOTE: the banks are 3 different commercial banks and the payments should be made in the name of the groom.

The total amount when added is 10,700. If you don't wanna go to thes banks yourself, you are to add 1000 to the said amount making it 11,700. With this payment, you ll file a notice by filling the form given to you.

21 working days is calculated, they have a calendar that does that immediately.

So, before you go, they will give you 3 different dates which you can consumate your marriage. You are to choose one.

Moving on, 2 days to your chosen date, you are to pay another 5000 for the certificate.

Lastly, on the deal day, you come to the registry with your bride and do the needful.

Refreshments to present

1 pack of Can Malt
1 pack of fibre biscuits
2 pieces of salive
2 pieces of Hollandian Yogurt
Or your pay another 5000 for the above items.

When asked about the acceptance of certificate issued from Oluyole at Embassies, the woman responded that many couples from who used their registry are now abroad and that Embassy representatives do come to them for verification.
She added that so long the marriage certificate is carries Federal Government, no embassy turns it down.

Quite expensive, had my wedding at Ibadan SouthWest Local Govt Registry at Oluyole
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by SuppoOmoo: 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
bedoab10k:

Quite expensive, had my wedding at Ibadan SouthWest Local Govt Registry at Oluyole

..and could you share your experience Sir?
Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by bedoab10k(m): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
SuppoOmoo:

..and could you share your experience Sir?

I paid 450naira(cash) for notification form with 2 passports each(I & my wife).
Our details was pasted on their notice board for 21days.
I made payment into 3 different accounts; 2,000 to Wema, 10,000 and 1,000 to two Fidelity accounts respectively after 21days of notification.
You're require to come with 1pack of malt and carton of Biscuit with original copies of receipts. On the wedding day, different extortion from different angles but it not a must, the live band, the gateman, the drummers, the officials on sit, this part is so irritating because of the way they beg even people selling drinks and junks still beg for money.
The organization was ok, the hall was cool except the begging of a thing.

Re: Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed! by Bukolami22(f): 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
bedoab10k:

I paid 450naira(cash) for notification form with 2 passports each(I & my wife).
Our details was pasted on their notice board for 21days.
I made payment into 3 different accounts; 2,000 to Wema, 10,000 and 1,000 to two Fidelity accounts respectively after 21days of notification.
You're require to come with 1pack of malt and carton of Biscuit with original copies of receipts. On the wedding day, different extortion from different angles but it not a must, the live band, the gateman, the drummers, the officials on sit, this part is so irritating because of the way they beg even people selling drinks and junks still beg for money.
The organization was ok, the hall was cool except the begging of a thing.
Good evening sir, please did you get a federal registry certificate from them in Ibadan south west?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight.. / My Woman Wears Very Short And Tight Outfits. I Cautioned Her, This Is Happening / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.