Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M (9684 Views)

Lagos State Governor Ambode Akinwunmi At The Second Quarterly Town Hall Meeting. / Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch / Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by iykak47: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
rman:

Lai Mohammed is not a member of the house of reps
Haba! I never expected him to comment on this matter as a member of the house of representitives but as a spokesman of the opposition party, let him use the same energy he uses to criticize Jonathan and PDP.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by redsun(m): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
These thieves are really taking suffering nigerians for granted.Of what use are they to the people,apart from looting and destruction?
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
Very soon, very soon the military will take over, the suprising part will be that there will be no resistance because jonathan has already accomplished something beyond his dream by becoming president. That is why everything that is going wrong is this country does not bother him. People are stealing the country's money, terrorists are killing nigerians, FG is ceding nigeria's territory to her neighbour. And we have a head of state. I beg that the military take over tonite
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by babymi2(f): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
This is exactly where our oil subsidy money went to. That was the reason why they have to punished the masses just to have more money to spend. I said this from the get go and it is happening in our eyes. When would the youths of Nigerians rise and said enough is enough. We have so many millions of Nigerians with College degrees roaming the street without jobs. These nonentity elements just rooting the country blind. The youths of our Nation you need to wake up from the slumber.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by mjconcept(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
High_Chief: As long as they know that they will get away with anything they do, trust me there are still more to come from these foools. What do they even do in that house?
Sit there all day farting at Nigerians.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by free4net: 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
Õoooº°˚ ˚°º. God i kwn u are a patient father but u too patient 4 dis warns dat enjoy's embezzlement... ♏ξ no dey smile Õoooº°˚ ˚°º.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
Give it to them. Nigerians don't seem to mind on a majority so why not? grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by cesil92: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
"Operation Clean", I guess that operation was to clean up every stumbling block/whoever that has decided to steal their 5 Million naira medical and insurance meant for each of them.

Stingy greedy people, dem want steal our money BUT dem no gree make Tambuwal steal thier 5 Million.

Tomorrow now, dem go show dem for NTA, dem go say the problem of nigeria is corruption meanwhile they are actual the problem
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by CrazyMan(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
The house has showed no mercy on Nigeria's strained wallet as it demands an extra N7million to its quarterly allowance of N28million.

Meanwhile, our roads have still not been done. Nigeria's education is at its worst level since independence. Not to mention the poor health facilities that are available in the country prompting the politicians and their families to seek medical attention abroad.

Oh, Patience Jonathan is still on a sick bed in Germany, what about the rest of all the sick women in Nigeria? Where do they go? What can we do about these inconsiderate requests from our politicians?
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Kslib(m): 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
Shoor!! This people no dey fear we the citizens again oh.. Anything wey we naija people learn,na we dey sabi am pass..
We don dey learn revolution small small.wen we start ehn "hollywood go use am act film"...
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by eyantotipe(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
Point of corection..there are many types of ppl in Nigeria,there are ppl like the HUMBLE TAXI DRIVER,you can tell us you are one those you listed.
Nashville: We know these guys are all thieves but ate they the only ones? Before criticising them, will you reject the increase if you are one of them. Answer the question truthfully.

There are only two types of people in Nigeria- the corrupt and those waiting to be corrupt. That is the reason why these thieves can get away with it, because you all will make noise but in your hearts secretly hope you can be a senator too.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by eyantotipe(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
Point of corection..there are many types of ppl in Nigeria,there are ppl like the HUMBLE TAXI DRIVER,you can tell us you are one of those you listed.
Nashville: We know these guys are all thieves but ate they the only ones? Before criticising them, will you reject the increase if you are one of them. Answer the question truthfully.

There are only two types of people in Nigeria- the corrupt and those waiting to be corrupt. That is the reason why these thieves can get away with it, because you all will make noise but in your hearts secretly hope you can be a senator too.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by usdane: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
common 18,000 naira Minimum wage was hard for them to pay but to add more allowance benefits to their pocket that one na nothing. God sha dey oooo
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Arosa(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
@topic, all I can say in Rick Ross's voice is "these n*ggers are holding me back, the' hoes are holding me back "
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Intrepid1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
And we'll all sit here and rant while they steal us blind...
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by fankasibe: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2012
U should all shut-up ur mouths, our leaders ar all working very heard to see that lives get ruined and distroyed through poverty and u ar abusing them instead of killing any politician closer to u.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
eyantotipe: Point of corection..there are many types of ppl in Nigeria,there are ppl like the HUMBLE TAXI DRIVER,you can tell us you are one of those you listed.

Trust me, the humble taxi driver is a huge minority to which I belong by the way. That's why I no longer live in 9ja. But on a more serious note, tell me how these guys can continue getting away with it. Is it because the people are illiterate? Is that Nigerians are poor? Is it that we are docile? Is it that we do not know our rights? I do not think so. It is because we honestly do not care and that is the sad truth. That is why these thieves can continue stealing, we do not hold them accountable for their actions.

Why should they earn soooo much (more than double Obama's salary and triple Cameron's salary), and they cannot pay another man =N=18,000. If only you know how much governors get paid per month on security vote, then you will know why the NASS guys want more. The political class are milking us dry, all of them. None is different, but then they know if a few people complain, they can easily bribe them and status quo continues. One day we Nigerians will deliver ourselves from our political class and then have a rethink of what life itself should be!
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
These greedy grasping bastards make me sick!!!

We get absolutley no value from them in relation to the billions of dollars they covert every year (monies they get by way of salaries and allowances....and then there's the hush-hush hidden ones they make from contracts, oversight expenses and outright shameless stealing).

This presidential system of gov't is just too expensive for a struggling country like Nigeria, and we can do much better practising a parliamentary system of gov't having no more than 20 representatives from each of the 6 or 8 regions....regions that would exist if we want to do things right for once.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
These greedy grasping bastards make me sick!!!

We get absolutley no value from them in relation to the billions of dollars they covert every year (monies they get by way of salaries and allowances....and then there's the hush-hush hidden ones they make from contracts, oversight expenses and outright shameless stealing).

This presidential system of gov't is just too expensive for a struggling country like Nigeria, and we can do much better practising a parliamentary system of gov't having no more than 20 representatives from each of the 6 or 8 regions....regions that would exist if we want to do things right for once.

Do you think the parliamentary system will solve corruption/stealing. I doubt it, the form will just simply change. Nigeria's problems are bigger and more complex than that. We need our people to start making demands from the political class. We need to care about our country and let those rogues know that we do care. We need to form and fund pressure groups that will monitor government and government spending. We all need to begin to give a damn about this country. We need to stop electing people who don't give a damn.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
lacasa:

He dosn't do 'Consultancy' undecided

Find Ūя̲̅ own naija made 'jerry rawlings'

We already had our own Naija "jerry rawlings" and he came years before jerry rawlings UNFORTUNATELY we killed him .
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nashville:

Do you think the parliamentary system will solve corruption/stealing. I doubt it, the form will just simply change. Nigeria's problems are bigger and more complex than that. We need our people to start making demands from the political class. We need to care about our country and let those rogues know that we do care. We need to form and fund pressure groups that will monitor government and government spending. We all need to begin to give a damn about this country. We need to stop electing people who don't give a damn.

^^^I mentioned the parliamentary system as a way of reducing the cost of the legislature (less of those thiefs to deal with)......corruption is a whole different -though legitimate- discussion entirely
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Darius2000: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nashville:

Trust me, the humble taxi driver is a huge minority to which I belong by the way. That's why I no longer live in 9ja. But on a more serious note, tell me how these guys can continue getting away with it. Is it because the people are illiterate? Is that Nigerians are poor? Is it that we are docile? Is it that we do not know our rights? I do not think so. It is because we honestly do not care and that is the sad truth. That is why these thieves can continue stealing, we do not hold them accountable for their actions.

Why should they earn soooo much (more than double Obama's salary and triple Cameron's salary), and they cannot pay another man =N=18,000. If only you know how much governors get paid per month on security vote, then you will know why the NASS guys want more. The political class are milking us dry, all of them. None is different, but then they know if a few people complain, they can easily bribe them and status quo continues. One day we Nigerians will deliver ourselves from our political class and then have a rethink of what life itself should be!
Bro, i have long concluded that, as long as continue to toe the paths of timidity and self-preservation, we dont deserve good governance. We will never get good governance on a platter of gold. Our rulers hold us in the highest contempt and derision because they know we are spineless, and will simply choose to 'pray' instead of registering our displeasure through voordinated acts of noncooperation and defiance. We will continue to agonise in poverty if we dont organise ourselves for a showdown with the enemies of our future and commonwealth. Summary: the degree to which the government of a state is corrupt, depends on the masses. No human government is omnipotent. They only thrive on the ignorance and fear of their followers. Period.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by Johndoe100(m): 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
The rising inflation and the need to monitor the president effectively have made it mandatory for the reps to get a pay rise. but to be serious, the loan taken by Bankole coupled with the 30 to 40 per cent cut by GEJ has eaten deep into their money. They suffered during the last year.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by hannydarl(f): 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
And what is the salary of the average worker? Na wa o.
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by fortyfeet(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Yomieluv: They needed more money,as if money is there oxygen,fools them. I don't blame them,I blame our electoral system,whereby all we do is "selection",instead of Election.I guess our leader are there to serve the public,in Nigeria,reverse is the case
how can a gooat serve you.

Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by luc26(f): 1:46am On Sep 21, 2012
Scrap d house!we dnt nid dem
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by lumeneng22: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2012
Them no join their opolo eye collegue to impeach GEJ again? Na to increase their money when pensioners are being owed and 18k minimum wage has not been implemented.Or are they protesting the n5000 note which we rejected?
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by lumeneng22: 6:34am On Sep 21, 2012
baby-mi:
This is exactly where our oil subsidy money went to. That was the reason why they have to punished the masses just to have more money to spend. I said this from the get go and it is happening in our eyes. When would the youths of Nigerians rise and said enough is enough. We have so many millions of Nigerians with College degrees roaming the street without jobs. These nonentity elements just rooting the country blind. The youths of our Nation you need to wake up from the slumber.
. Which youth? Abi the ones that were earnestly asking for Abacha to continue looting or the boko boys that are busy blowing up themselves to suit their sponsors?
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by jege456: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2012
It's really pathetic. But what do we expect, when they are the ones dat also have the constitutional right to fix their salaries and wages?

I saw on the news yesterday when the deputy senate president was making an argument why the executive should always kow-tow to them and enforce any of their resolutions. According to him, they are elected representives. We know better though.

If indeed they really feel the pulse of the people they claim to represent, they will not only refrain from increasing their salaries and allowances, they will go a step further by greatly reviewing it downwards.

N35m! Gosh!
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by roselynbas(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
someone told me a proverb, when you have people consistently fetching from a well, the well will dry up! Our polity, keep packing all the treasury, it will dry up one day, then you have no where to fetch again. We will be waiting for you then, do not worry. grin
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by bubadaniel13: 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Comprado bourgeoise
Re: Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M by aremuolusegun: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
The worst thing that can happen to a nation is bad leadership...Nigeria is the richest country in the world with the poorest people....this is a country where we have MONEYMAKERS instead of LAWMAKERS in the house of assembly...our problem in dis country is our Leaders....dey can't pay 18000 minimum wage but they want 7million increment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCT Shifts Saraki’s Trial To March 11 / Why Nigerian Economy Will Not Improve Under Buhari - Vanguard's Dele Sobowale / ANALYSIS: Will APC Settle For Zoning As 2023 Draws Closer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.