Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders (8280 Views)

Senators, Reps Want SAN Title / Senators, Reps Want SAN Title-punch / Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Euroclydon(m): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Reps Want Nigeria Fenced

The House of Representatives has proposed the construction of a perimeter fence with sensors and cameras to check illegal influx of foreigners into the country.

The house at its proceedings on Thursday, directed its Committee on Immigration to work with the Ministry of Interior and Immigration service for the construction of the border fence.

The motion which was moved by Hassan Saleh, was unanimously adopted following the spate of insecurity in some parts of the country.

The motion also proposed better working conditions for those posted to the nation’s borders.

The lawmakers are particularly concerned about the influx of foreigners through the nation’s borders and they resolved that urgent steps must be taken to check this trend.

Meanwhile, a bill for an act to amend the 2013 Appropriation Act to authorise the release of N4.9trillion from the consolidated revenue fund was put on hold.

The Speaker of the house, Aminu Tambuwal suggested that appropriate steps must be taken by the budget office so that the 2013 supplementary budget is not affected.

Another matter which came up for discussion by the lawmakers is the need to curtail the activities of piracy on the nation’s water ways.

The house mandated the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) as well as other health agencies to provide relief materials for survivors of tanker collusion in Mokwa, Niger state

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/25/reps-want-nigeria-fenced/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by nke001: 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Great Walls of China... Sori Nigeria.

IF I HAD 1 WISH, I WILL WISH 100 STROKES OF THE CANE FROM GEJ DOWN TO THE LEAST POLITICAL MUGU!

6 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by OAM4J: 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Some guys are looking for Fence Construction Contracts.

Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by MissIndependent(f): 11:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
Another avenue to loot. i wonder who give our leaders ideas. SMH #I laugh in Obasanjo's voice#
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Guapo(m): 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
yes we need a fence, and a gate too...a big one. Buy padlock and give Jona the key!
Bench warmers.

9 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Guapo(m): 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
MissIndependent: Another avenue to loot. i wonder who give our leaders ideas. SMH #I laugh in Obasanjo's voice#
i can't help but wonder too.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
if i have my way, i will equally ask the house of representatives to embark on 5days frog jump if not their salary will not be paid

2 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 26, 2013
Stark illiteracy in exhibition. These politicians are rogues, illiterates, thugs, nuisances etc.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 26, 2013
Yomii: if i have my way, i will equally ask the house of representatives to embark on 5days frog jump if not their salary will not be paid
grin grin grin

The "Great Wall Of Nigeria" would be a success if the Immigration officials do their jobs diligently, without inducement.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by 2million1(m): 1:28am On Apr 26, 2013
smh for our parliamentarians, i think someone needs to be recall from the house
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Dibiachukwu: 1:33am On Apr 26, 2013
Secure our borders cry Patrol, satelite surveillance, hidden cctvs. Ground radar systems can help a lot. No more islamic almajiris from our north western borders. Fencing is outdated and expensive.

5 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Joeblis(m): 1:36am On Apr 26, 2013
emmysenior: Stark illiteracy in exhibition. These politicians are rogues, illiterates, thugs, nuisances etc.
am sorry i think you hapend to be the illitrate here cause even the USA has something similar to this in their border with mexico..the fence is just for security
if isreal had not fence their border with Gaza sucide bombers could have leveled them by now...nigeria borders are just to open, fencing them will help alot.
So the move is a good one causa most of this boroharam jihadist are not nigerians.

17 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by BadAttitude(m): 4:01am On Apr 26, 2013
Ok....barbed wire fencing or Block fencing or wooden fencing or like the wall of jericho...stones. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Tolexander: 5:12am On Apr 26, 2013
These people and their very silly debates!

Another agenda to loot the country.

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by ochukoccna: 5:30am On Apr 26, 2013
Joeblis: am sorry i think you hapend to be the illitrate here cause even the USA has something similar to this in their border with mexico..the fence is just for security
if isreal had not fence their border with Gaza sucide bombers could have leveled them by now...nigeria borders are just to open, fencing them will help alot.
So the move is a good one causa most of this boroharam jihadist are not nigerians.
Dont port your ignorance unto this thread
America with all its grandstanding on terrorism partially fenced the most vulnerable parts of states bordering Mexico and spiced it with regular border patrols
Israel's fence has a greater political undertone than security issues
With all the billions we spend on the National Assembly and troubles ailing Nigeria,this is the quality of legidlative debates we churn out undecided undecided
Pathetic!
Let us go ahead only with this fence thing if we seek to create our own North Korea
And with our irrational Nigerian way of doing things upside down against known norms and establised standards,we might need that fence to keep the rest of the world safe from we Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by SherlockHolmes1(m): 5:43am On Apr 26, 2013
issokay
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Euroclydon(m): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2013
Its a welcome idea...if it can be done like the United State in some areas especially areas vulnerable to us and efficiently policed but NOT by the present crop of Police we have... boysbrigade,civil defense or even girls scout as long as its not the present Nigerian Police i know.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2013
fence? damn!
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by mekaboy(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2013
I think its a good thing, let people coming into Nigeria come through a gate, our boarders are like open fields, anyone can walk in with anything.

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Okijajuju1(m): 10:14am On Apr 26, 2013
Abeg make Federal Government Give me that contract abeg!! grin

The day we stop looking at the president and start focusing on the Senate & Reps, the better we would be.. The house of reps and senate is filled with charlatans and fucktards.

The day we change the Reps & Senate, is the day we change the country.. 85% of the people in the Senate and Raps have no idea what their scope of work really is.

7 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by dridowu: 10:16am On Apr 26, 2013
Sound as Comedy, but a welcome development
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by emilyone(f): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2013
another avenue to siphon our money!
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by RedLight1: 10:18am On Apr 26, 2013
u cnt please nigerians.... If government decides to leave the border the way it is... Nigerians will complain that the border is too porous... Now they have decided to do something yet they'r still complaining that its avenue to loot.... Omo naija nawa

3 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by olempe(m): 10:18am On Apr 26, 2013
Not a bad idea... They should finance it from their salary and bogus allowances.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:20am On Apr 26, 2013
To me, it's good.
Let us have the great wall of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by RedLight1: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2013
emilyone: another avenue to siphon our money!
they dnt need jamboree fence to siphon ur money
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Luciouspaps(m): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2013
emmysenior: Stark illiteracy in exhibition. These politicians are rogues, illiterates, thugs, nuisances etc.
. But they are protecting you.

1 Like

Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by nifemi25(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2013
I wonder where this so called politician got this stupid ideals from ? Well its good atleast someone ώĩℓℓ be a millionaire through there stupid ideal, all I need to do is just to tell mz friends that aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ coming to nigeria to knock at the gate so as to come Äπϑ open the gate for them cos I'm sure na gate them go put.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by churific(m): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2013
And exactly where is this fence construction money going to come from? Democracy for the people, by the people. When did "the people" ever ask for a fence?

Call it the United States of Africa (The United States of America has considered a fence and deemed it useless and wasteful but Nigeria, we don't care, where there's an idea, there's also a money contract waiting to be awarded!)

As if people are dying to enter Nigeria in multitudes to the degree that fences are needed. If anything, the fences will be preventing those Nigerians who are sick and tired of all the old men at the top, who've been in power since Independence, from leaving Nigeria in search of anything else.
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2013
Na YANSH all these Men take dey Reason sef??
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by HAH: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2013
Bricklayers and labourers go hammer be dat lol
Re: Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2013
Omo atleast enoooouuuuugggghhhh jab for bricklayers and labourers...later una go dey say government no dey create jabs for the teeming unemployed populace...

But come oh, na 4", 5", 6" or 9" block dem wan take build the fence? cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation / APC Chieftain, Cleric Hail Enugu Governor / Shocking Videos Showing Fulani And Oyigbo Indigenes Fighting - Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.