Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate (4585 Views)

Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow / Put Your Website Here And Receive Comments / Create Your Personal Website With Google Page Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by goldenval(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
yorme:

Same question here. Here is my rating sha:

www.artspiremultimedia.com .... 1/10 <Cant believe designers are still making use of tables for their web layout. Also, heavy graphics>

Mukoshy.com....9/10 <Nice concept, simple website and nice use of jquery>

.net ...7/10 <Nice work, but try and change that header. the text is not bright enough>

Wippypick.com... 6/10

Allstudentforum.com...9/10 <Nice SMF template>

Sawyerrken.net ... 4/10 <Nice concept, but please make it more interactive. The content is not enough to keep readers/users on the site for up to 5 minutes...>

Justretweet.com ...9/10 <Nice work.But please, tell me the truth, are you actually the one that did this work (Programming inclusive). Awaiting your response.>

Ayisblog.com...3/10. <you need to make your colors work together. Green is not too good for the site, added with that orange header. If you want to use green, use a deeper green color. But nice work, sha>

Hypertechng.com ... 6/10 <Nice layout. but the problem, to me, is the graphics. Its too poor for my liking. Please make amends>

Please Note: These are my own point of views, although i might have offended some people with my ratings. Abeg, forgive me. I'm not perfect, but i know what i want when using websites.

You can rate mine also: www.cyberclickstudios.com.

Thanks
-Yorme
[[url]Cyberclickstudios.com[/url]]

Hi bro, JustRetweet.com was built by my developer who handles my projects. I have more sites I'm currently working on. Thanks for your rating! smiley
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dual Core:
Please don't rate my site, it won't change anything on it. I am not expecting anyone to be on that site for more than 2 minutes. Its just there to show you how to contact me. Maybe the problem lies in the fact that I call it a site... change of term... its a an online business card. Get in, get my contact details and get out and mail me tongue grin

I will get into the business of having a personal website/blog when I retire.

As for your site, its nice and clean. I can't give your a rating in figures though, if na only me i don give everybody 10/10 be that. tongue

Bro, I'm so sorry for rating your website, sorry i mean online business card (that's in case you are angry about the rating)

goldenval:
Hi bro, JustRetweet.com was built by my developer who handles my projects. I have more sites I'm currently working on. Thanks for your rating! smiley

That's okay. Anyways, you're very much welcomed.
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by DualCore1: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
yorme:

Bro, I'm so sorry for rating your website, sorry i mean online business card (that's in case you are angry about the rating)
Nope I'm nowhere near angry. Just don't put my biz card on same yardstick with the sites.... that's like putting canoe on the same yardstick with a Benz C class. tongue

1 Like

Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
^same here which is why i picked a wordpress template the first template i would have loved to use was a totally white template with text, but people convinced me otherwise, i don't judge people by the skills of their site but quality of their skills i know template can be bought and downloaded. but Sawyerr i like ur site die its more fun the concept but am vexing why you ain't rocking Ubuntu version of your site. angry
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
I am confused here. Please if we are going to rate, we need to know the criteria for the ratings. Is it in terms of design, functionality or one look at the frontpage and rate?
Let us have a 10 star rating system? I am saying this so that we can know what to correct.

My website for instance has lots of flaws - but the only one highlighted was the header - and so i scored 7/10. Does that mean that if i brighten the header, i will get to 10/10? By my own dhtml rating system, my site should score like 4.9/10 (but let us leave that for another day).
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by phpNET(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
Woooooow Nigerian webmasters re good! Mehn! I love all these sites, good work my people, well mine is www.starryconbnet.com am still working on it though.

Thanks
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by greenmouse(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by greenmouse(m): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by utimatedes(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 27, 2012
Thread DEAD!! I hereby cancel all the previous ratings due to lack of inconsistences of the rating system!
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by sisqology(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2012
hypertechweb: As a web designer/developer. Let's drop our personal site for people to rate and how many pages made up ur website?.

Well all check and rate, let's take it as fun not challenges.

Here's mine www.hypertechng.com

Its made up of 285 pages

Madness!
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2012
sisqology:

Madness!
Well, it depends on what makes up the pages. My site for instance has over 1000 pages, but most of it are dynamic pages generated from blogs and other similar user-generated pages.

1 Like

Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by sisqology(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2012
Personally, me thinks the OP means; people will post their url, and any random person rates the site according to his or her own standard. So, from my point of view, there won't be a particular judge
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by sisqology(m): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2012
*dhtml:

Well, it depends on what makes up the pages. My site for instance has over 1000 pages, but most of it are dynamic pages generated from blogs and other similar user-generated pages.

Exactly the point, but if none of this: madness :p
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by akintayo1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dual Core:
In this world of dynamism and database-centric content delivery... what are we still doing counting pages?

AND WHY WILL A DEVELOPERS SITE HAVE 200+ PAGES?

Here's is my personal website: www.sawyerrken.net (I don't update it, it can stay like that for 10 years. Except I change contact details).

The purpose: It gives any client a first impression about what I do and how I do it.

I don't have a "portfolio" on the site, any client I get is coming from a site I have already built or a referring client so they already have a pretty good idea of what they are going to get.
what you got there to me is nothing but a sign board with empty information not every visitor would notice the window start button at the bottom.try make your information visible at the landing page.don't get high with me,just my opinion huh!

1 Like

Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by sisqology(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dualcore! If no JS browser nko wink
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
'Trolling. . .
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by sisqology(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
Smh
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by DualCore1: 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
sisqology: Dualcore! If no JS browser nko wink
If you are on a browser that doesn't support JS its most likely you are so backward in technology that working with you will be a problem for me so I'd rather not want you to contact me. The "you" here no be you o. tongue

akintayo1: what you got there to me is nothing but a sign board with empty information not every visitor would notice the window start button at the bottom.try make your information visible at the landing page.don't get high with me,just my opinion huh!
Nice point you can slap DHTML for that though cuz I can remember some years back I had a "Click here" beside that start button and he suggested I removed it tongue. But really... I'm liking it that way, the "site" is serving its purpose. Again, if your IQ no tell you sey the start button you see there suppose lead to menu then its very likely you are so backward in technology that working with you will just be a pain for me. Again, the "you" here no be you o. grin
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
*Peeps* but if your site visitors are predominantly orangutans. . .they might be clueless
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by decoslim(m): 3:01am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by sisqology(m): 6:09am On Oct 02, 2012
*dhtml:
*Peeps* but if your site visitors are predominantly orangutans. . .they might be clueless

*rolls into d canal*
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2012
sisqology:
*rolls into d canal*
Caramba! what did i say?
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Chibenze(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2012
Chibenze: http://chibenze-alltopic..com
Can we say a blog is a website? The blog is okay, but it is disqualified, i think. . .
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by ProGSM(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2012
I think this is one of the best, what do you think of it?

www.afolsnetworks.com
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 02, 2012
*Edit* I coded overnight actually, just preparing to sleep now. . .
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by DualCore1: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2012
^^ You drink last night? This one you don dey mix threads up.
Re: Drop Ur Personal Website Here And Let's Rate by kwallo: 7:33am On Oct 03, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Discovered A Good Web Hosting Company With The Best Stable Server / SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site / For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.