Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: (2672 Views)

Behind-the-scene Of Tuface's “Baby Jowo” Music Video (Pictures) / 2face Booed Off The Stage For Performing His Old Songs In Abuja / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Baro(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2008
Here is a quote from the source
"By the time he started his second number, I can’t remember the track now, they started throwing, pop-corns packs and rotten eggs at him, booing him. “They didn’t even want to hear him sing “African Queen” before the fans asked for refund. We paid back all the fans, close to 1,000 of them"

Here is the link
http://www.tribune.com.ng/13012008/razz.html

What do you think? Critics, haters, fans and fanatic are welcome
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by sect(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2008
Haha very funny,how come this news is getting here late? Is this not the same person some of his fans describe as 'world class' i never knew world class artists lip sync their songs despite having enough rehearsal period b4 the show or does he even still av 2 rehearse b4 he can sing his songs.An mtv/mobo award winner dat lip sync his songs,no wonder d award broke.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by YourFather: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2008
This for me is no surprise, let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of his second album, the most brilliant hiphop/rnb album of Nigeria's new generation.

I was however shocked to find out that Nigerian acts don't perform live at their shows, case in point Rythme unplug in December. Unplug, as the name sujects is meant to be live, duurrr!

Out of all the acts there, it was only Durella that sang live from begining to end, PSquare also mimed.

The problem is the crowd still went crazy for them, as in regardless of the fact that they were just dancing along to their CDs. Fans outside Nigeria do expect more and rightfully so, if I want to listen to a cd I will stay at home.

Now, what I don't get is Keke saying he his on its own, like he was surprised that he did that, like he hasn't done it before.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by GucciBabe(f): 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2008
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Baro(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ Gucc_babe,
Understand our type of music Isn't music a universal language anymore?
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by eleshin(m): 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2008
well for now i will like to investigate the topic b4 posting,hopefully today i will reply.coz i cant believe 2face being booed by nigerians in america.i watched his american tour and what i saw was crazy love for my home boy but for this,i doubt its authenticity,meanwhile let me make some calls and get back to you guys soonest.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by eleshin(m): 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ baro and sect
this is very certain now that you are personalising what is suppose to be a forum to express how you feel about an issue.baro ur post was born out of hatred and beef for 2face coz you didnt state the reason why he was booed off stage.what happened to 2face can happen to any nigerian artists even your less succesfull faze.in nigeria our artists dont perform with band,all they do is mime to their CD.lagbaja,femi kuti and some little few performs with live band others use to mime.but 2face had before now perform with live band,a vivid example was d first edition of thisday music festival and nta band on the stand,he perform exceptionally well at the nta band on the stand that the crowd yell they want more of him.you pple shud look 4 another medium to hit back on 2face after ur darling faze lied about a deal with akon.i'm sure you heard he still owe those models that feature in his music videos.all these controversy still trails faze whereas you guys are on the lookout for a wrong doing on the part of 2baba to capitalise on.come to think it,if it is faze in 2's position they wud just kill him instead of the fairer treatment on 2.
50 came to nigeria last month to mime "i get money",it happens everywhere only that it wasnt 2 lucky day.the incident does not occur because of any other thing but because he was miming his songs which is not part of their culture in america,i've watch many of his shows in america where he gave outstanding performance,this only happens because there are more americans in the crowd.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by sect(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2008
What about d lip synching aspect, infact that is d part av bin emphasizing on & not d miming, if you read my last post properly but i know faze can perform a live show very well & he doesn't lip sync his songs.This isn't a matter of hating anyone, lip synching your own song is terribly bad for an artist especially 'overrated' ones like 2face & i also remember when you guys said he's a world class artist.He's probably d 1st 'world class' artist 2 get booed abi? World class ko! third class upper ni !
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by youngdigi(m): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2008
if this is true, then 2face deserved to be booed, and stoned with popcorn as they did, how do u support something like this and say it is inn our culture to lipsync, lipsync is meant for talentless ppl, dont come in here sounding all stupid saying its not in americas culture to lipsync, wat the fukk has culture got to do with this 2face shud not lipsync on any occassion, especially based on his status, end of discussion
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by sect(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2008
Lol eleshin, i didn't even go through ur post properly. You said what happened to 2face can happen 2 other Nigerian artists, WHY? Is there a law guiding that statement, so if 2face gets booed,it can definitely happen to other naija artists, you nid to give me reasons to believe dat cos i dont think all naija artists lip sync their songs. Also you said it happened cos the americans outnumbered the Nigerian audience. Does it mean dat 2face only performs to  Nigerians out there,i remember vividly the last time i talked about this issue, u guys said its a lie that he did a show in sweden so that justifies that he doesnt sing 4 Nigerians in diaspora alone since sweden is an all white nation.now 2face sings in the mist of americans and he gets booed away, all u can say is that there are more yankees there.Then what justifies the mtv/mobo awards he won if his songs aren't universally acceptable? Lastly, i've tot abt ur comment that if faze was in 2face's place he would be killed,not even booed and i think you're wrong cos i know if faze dishes out melodies like on a plane,need somebody e.t.c dem americans will all go gaga. Tuface is an OVERRATED artist and thats why this thing happened to him eleshin. Take it or leave it, thats just the plain truth.2FACE is OVERRATED.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by naijadiva2(f): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2008
eleshin:

well for now i will like to investigate the topic before posting,hopefully today i will reply.because i can't believe 2face being booed by nigerians in america.i watched his american tour and what i saw was crazy love for my home boy but for this,i doubt its authenticity,meanwhile let me make some calls and get back to you guys soonest.

i don't think the article said he was booed by nigerians in america. it said that the nigerians danced to the song but the americans just stood there.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by chiogo(f): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2008
Naija_diva, 'sup cutie??

@topic, umm, well I can't believe they did because he can sing or  undecided Even AAs like that song, He probably didn't feel like singing.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Baro(m): 11:31pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ Eleshin,
Please don't be childish,where did you see the beef in my post? i simply posted a topic with a reliable link(not gossips). My intention for starting this thread is to tell our artistes to go learn how to perform with live band, and off course to get the views of Nairalanders on this. We are tired of MIMING,fed up of; "DJ play track 5, DJ track 2", that's what just happened to 2face. Our naija acts are so used to miming, that they now got a phobia for live perfomance, they think perfoming is miming;vice versa.

This all about building Naija music industry to international status, forget about our artiste preferences open your mind bro.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Tunes: 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2008
Whoa I highly doubt this story. First off Tuface was not in the US before his shooting, he came after the shooting and he came to do a show I promoted with him and Elephant Man in NY. I dont know what the person that wrote that article is trying to gain, but having produced and also promoted Tuface I can honestly tell u that the news is false. First of all using a DJ to perform doesn't mean miming, Lots of Rnb and Hip Hop Acts use a DJ to play the instrumentals and sing live on the instrumentals with adlibs, so just cuz u dont use live instruments does not mean u dont sing live, but apart from that, I can tell you 2face wasn't in MD b4 the shooting, he was in Barbados, then London, b4 the shooting, then came to NY after the shooting,
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by sect(m): 12:20am On Jan 14, 2008
Frankly speaking that Nigerian tribune link looks a little bit foggy,i'm still trying to get a confirmation on the news and if its really true,shame on 2face.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Baro(m): 12:58am On Jan 14, 2008
Tribune is a reputable national daily that knows the dire consequences of false and/or libelous reportage, besides Tu or those around him, can't say they never saw that report. If it isn't true then, it's his fault cos he is sleeping on his right.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by GucciBabe(f): 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2008
source pls?
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by 9ja4eva: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2008
Am speechless.A whole oka Tuface
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by playmate(f): 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2008
*also speechless,i'll b back*
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by playmate(f): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2008
damn!!!dis will teach nigerian artistes a very big lesson.hmmm keke said 2face is on his own . . . . makes me wonder wat he was doin der @ d show.poor 2face embarassed

@tunes
hmmm u produced nd promoted him,9ce bt mayb u shuld investigate more cs dis kinda thin isn't sth he'll tell pple.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by mrmetoo(m): 5:11am On Jan 16, 2008
This story is a freaking lie!!! When did 2face come to MD b4 his shooting?? His last perfomance in MD was 2006. I guess the newspaper just wanted to direct traffic to their site. 2face haters don't get too excited this is a big lie. C'mon man, even the writer sounds silly with all the words used in the article. I stay in MD and there was no 2face show during that period. I mean after this so called "disgrace" he still went on to ATL and New York to perform with Elephant Man. U guys too should analyse this properly and determine the validity of this story without bias
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Baro(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2008
Me Tu, Dont say it's a lie cos you want it to be a lie, give us proof(s) in form of link(s) Until then, i go with the Tribune story
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by mrmetoo(m): 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
@Baro
C'mon how can I give u a link on something that never happened Lets be real here and you know I won't lie to defend 2face. If he was booed for lip-syncing then he deserves it just means he'll have to step his game up, what doesn't kill u makes u stronger, but I'm saying this particular event never happened take it or leave it.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by zigbo(f): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2008
awwww. . . ok now, even though the author of that blog sounded like a complete asshole,i know fa show that thats no fibb,he couldnt ve made that up.

so tuface dear its not by going on skin cut nd growing gotty's u gott@ work hard nd ve talent chap, u can start by getting a vocal coach. . .buhahaha
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by mrmetoo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
@zigbo

I understand what you mean by not making it up but a concert simply did not happen in MD at that time, PERIOD!!!
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by eleshin(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ baro
its unusual of you not to defend what you brought up.i told you but you pretended not to hear,you brought up this topic just to hit back at 2face.now you can not defend the stupid link you provided as a proof for ur topic.if i'd started a topic on how faze left south africa withouth paying the balance of those models that feature in his video,you and i know it will turn out to be a super-hot topic but i couldnt do it because pple like you will read the motive behind my posting.even sect who is a faze fan doubt the credibility of ur source.me too is proovin 2 u that he lives in MD,and there is no way 2face will perfrm in that city without the faintest knowledge of me too.lets be realistic and face the fact coz this forum is meant for opinion on factual topics not cook-up stories from one print media that has loose it.the most unfortunate thing is that you did not investigate the story before you post it as a topic.for a learned fellow like you it is highly unprofessionall to accept without personal application which entails investigation.this topic got me disturbed from the moment you did post it,i've been watching 2face on stage and never a moment was he boo on stage,and i dont think it will happen because the guy is a bunch of talent and he's gat whole lot of song to display on stage and i've watch him more than two times performing with live band on stage and he gave an outstanding performance,how come when he is now more mature that he will 4k up by lip-syncing on stage.I THINK 2FACE AND NAIRALANDERS DESERVE AN APOLOGY FROM YOU,FOR POSTING WRONG INFO AND FOR DISGRACING 2FACE WITH UR InFO ON NAIRALAND FORUM.though its gonna be hard but you gotta do it because fair play is the name of the game and the best attribute of a sportman is to apologise for a wrong doing.common bwoy! i await ur apology both to us and to 2baba.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Baro(m): 10:54pm On Jan 17, 2008
@Me tu,
You don't expect me to give your personal opinion prominence over a report from a National daily

@ Eleshin, why not channel your grievances to Nigerian Tribune, i could get you their contact if you don't mind cool

@ Topic
From whichever perspective you look at it, there is no smoke without fire
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by eleshin(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ zigbo,
what has gotty or skin cut got to do with the topic in discussion?.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by eleshin(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2008
Baro:

@ Eleshin, why not channel your grievances to Nigerian Tribune, i could get you their contact if you don't mind
nigerian tribune did not post the topic,you did!.they publish the story for easy prey like you to buy their paper,so i dont have problem with them.it is you that allow the passionate hatred you have for 2baba 2 drive you.
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ pooster, wherever did they get roten eggs at a pop concert?
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by EmemJU(f): 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2008
@chiogo
----everyone know 2face stole african queen so thats def not him,

puulleeeezzzzeeeee, d guy's surely overrated, keke dem don chop am now so if dem, like dem fit fashi am, shei i hear say dem de find anor person
Re: Tuface Booed In The United States - Keke Says He Is On His Own: by zigbo(f): 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2008
eleshin:

@ zigbo,
what has gotty or skin cut got to do with the topic in discussion?.

my friend fukk off u no get level. . .ar$e hole

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes The Lagos Music Market So Big? / All Naija Music Lyrics Request / But Why Did YUNG6IX Mention Tonto Dike And Poko In FIRST CLASS Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.