Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (120638 Views)

Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple / Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by ChrisBolami: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
What now happens if the couple only has 2 offsprings, can they avoid having SC offsprings??
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
doubletree:
The chances of having children with sickle cell disease is the same as when AS and AS have kids

1 in 4 chance of SC-sickle cell disease but may not be as severe as SS( but they are still sickle cell disease sufferers)
1 in 4 chance of AC
1 in 4 chance of AS
1 in 4 chance of AA-normal genotype

Bottom line is they risk having sicklecell children. just like AS/AS couples
It's actually 2 in 4 chance (1/2) for AA
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Yinkaolola: 12:42am On Apr 30, 2023
blackylola:
thks for sharing this, am As and am about to marry AC but medical personnel said we should go ahead with our marriage plan

Hi, did you go ahead? Can I send you a message?
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by blackylola(m): 3:44pm On May 01, 2023
Yinkaolola:

Hi, did you go ahead? Can I send you a message?
I chicken out

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by akube34: 7:48pm On May 01, 2023
blackylola:
I chicken out
lol are you married now?

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by akube34: 7:49pm On May 01, 2023
Mcbussy:
I am AA, my gf is AA....there's no room for weakness in the bloodline. Life is about evolution...only the strong would survive. wink
did you marry her?
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by akube34: 7:51pm On May 01, 2023
chinene1:
Instead of the fetus test and termination of pregnancy at 11 weeks or so, why not take matters into your hands and plan health babies using IVF. There are a variety of options to choose from, from using donor sperm for IUI and embryo selection before implantation. I have the AS genotype and my intended hubby is AS also. We plan on having a boy and a girl using one of these options then do long term family planning. I am not going to decide my life partner based on genotype. If a woman with HIV/AIDS can get married and give birth to a healthy child, so can I. Can't wait to have my babies. People just tell you don't try it, your children will suffer and die. Well children suffer and die any why and just 30 percent is SS related. For you intending to marry your sweethearts, just stroll into any IVF center and ask questions. Am sure you will be happy you did.
how did it go
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Yinkaolola: 11:18pm On May 02, 2023
blackylola:
I chicken out

Lol.

May I ask why
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Mcbussy(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
akube34:
did you marry her?

She served me breakfast undecided angry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Complains Of Everyday Sex From Husband, Runs (Video) / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / Delta: Man Catches His Wife Having Sex With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.