Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (92362 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
berem: lol! Na correction I give nau! Enjoy your garrium iv oxide. Nothing do u!
No wahala,but next time call am garrium flakes..... Garrium iv oxide na deadly chemical..pls take note.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by fio(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
I was asked this question during my NDA 64regular course interview, we call it sand modelling, it goes like this: their was a huge explosion in a village and 4 were injured and they have just 1h 30mins more to survive. At that very time there was a heavy storm, the roads are also vey bad. As a leader of an emergency team from from the closest hospital connected by 40km road to the village were asked to pick from the fastest means to make the 4victims survive. The village and the hospital are also connected by air and water.firstly, U have a helicopter that contains 2 emergency members and 6more passanger spaces, but due to poor visibility u have to wait for 95mins. Secondly, u have an ambulance which contains 2 emergency members members with 2 more passanger space, but due to bad road the sppeed is limited to 40km/h, it takes 2mins to load and unload passangers, finally, a double engine speed boat which takes 5mins to service each engine, contains 2 emergency members and 4 passanger space, it uses 45mins to move from the hospital to the village, if both engines are used it takes 30mins, it takes 5mins to load and unload passangers. What do u think is the fastest and why?
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by achi4u(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
berem: na garri dem drink na! Dem com gather strength at once. Naija no dey carry last.lol
maybe true,

but those gals no fine atall
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by nonen(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
f i o: I was asked this question during my NDA 64regular course interview, we call it sand modelling, it goes like this: their was a huge explosion in a village and 4 were injured and they have just 1h 30mins more to survive. At that very time there was a heavy storm, the roads are also vey bad. As a leader of an emergency team from from the closest hospital connected by 40km road to the village were asked to pick from the fastest means to make the 4victims survive. The village and the hospital are also connected by air and water.firstly, U have a helicopter that contains 2 emergency members and 6more passanger spaces, but due to poor visibility u have to wait for 95mins. Secondly, u have an ambulance which contains 2 emergency members members with 2 more passanger space, but due to bad road the sppeed is limited to 40km/h, it takes 2mins to load and unload passangers, finally, a double engine speed boat which takes 5mins to service each engine, contains 2 emergency members and 4 passanger space, it uses 45mins to move from the hospital to the village, if both engines are used it takes 30mins, it takes 5mins to load and unload passangers. What do u think is the fastest and why?

The boat!
Due to carrying capacity, speed and timing and efficiency!
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by achi4u(m): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
f i o: I was asked this question during my NDA 64regular course interview, we call it sand modelling, it goes like this: their was a huge explosion in a village and 4 were injured and they have just 1h 30mins more to survive. At that very time there was a heavy storm, the roads are also vey bad. As a leader of an emergency team from from the closest hospital connected by 40km road to the village were asked to pick from the fastest means to make the 4victims survive. The village and the hospital are also connected by air and water.firstly, U have a helicopter that contains 2 emergency members and 6more passanger spaces, but due to poor visibility u have to wait for 95mins. Secondly, u have an ambulance which contains 2 emergency members members with 2 more passanger space, but due to bad road the sppeed is limited to 40km/h, it takes 2mins to load and unload passangers, finally, a double engine speed boat which takes 5mins to service each engine, contains 2 emergency members and 4 passanger space, it uses 45mins to move from the hospital to the village, if both engines are used it takes 30mins, it takes 5mins to load and unload passangers. What do u think is the fastest and why?
my brother i will go for ambulance for my own safty;if they survive fine if they no survive na to bury them.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by achi4u(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
@f i o

Nest time don't ask us (nigerians) such question,we don't know what it takes to be in emergence situations.

...ask the white men.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
I think the first thing is to give them first aid treatment before carrying them to hospital by which ever means.with the first aid,they might survive longer.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
I cannot use air cos they have 1h 30 mins to live,and it will take 1hr 45 mins for the weather to be stable..so that's not an option atall..
I cannot use road cos the vehicle will use one hour to get to the village and 30 mins will not be enough to bring the 4 victims alive..it only has two spaces for passengers when i was told to save four passengers...can u imagine?
I will use the boat cos if i use 10 mins to service both engines,i now have 1hr 20 mins.. I now use 30 mins to reach the village.. My remaining time is now 90 mins... I now use 5mins to load my passengers.. I have 85 mins left.. I service both engines again with 10 mins. I now have 75 mins left.. I use 30 mins to reach the hospital.. I now have 45 mins when we landed at the hospital.. I use 5 mins to offload my passengers... Now my mission is complete and i still have 40 mins extra to flex....

2 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by 2bey(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
The boat will be best because it can carry all 4 injured people to the hospital in 45 (10mins to service both engines, 5mins to load & unload passengers, 30mins if both engines r used), if one engine is used the total time will b 50 mins . . . Leaving enuf time to save the 4 lives.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by achi4u(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Kslib:
I cannot use air cos they have 1h 30 mins to live,and it will take 1hr 45 mins for the weather to be stable..so that's not an option atall..
I cannot use road cos the vehicle will use one hour to get to the village and 30 mins will not be enough to bring the 4 victims alive..it only has two spaces for passengers when i was told to save four passengers...can u imagine?
I will use the boat cos if i use 10 mins to service both engines,i now have 1hr 20 mins.. I now use 30 mins to reach the village.. My remaining time is now 90 mins... I now use 5mins to load my passengers.. I have 85 mins left.. I service both engines again with 10 mins. I now have 75 mins left.. I use 30 mins to reach the hospital.. I now have 45 mins when we landed at the hospital.. I use 5 mins to offload my passengers... Now my mission is complete and i still have 40 mins extra to flex....
+100
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by saintiyke(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
meritdee:

ANSWER: You have the four that you took.

U have two. ‎​⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊hoW✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ many do you have implies ‎​⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊hoW✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ many do you have left.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by fio(m): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
Kslib:
almoast there try again
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by fio(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
Haha!......simple question people dey sweat in front soilder man..... statistics has shown that only 3 people out of 100 can answer this question. But its EASY jes follow the question.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Koolking(m): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
Kslib:

We are in agreement. By air and by road are 'no, no' options.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
f i o: almoast there try again
How i take answer the question wrong?
Two things ar involved..it is either you are playing with me or the question doesn't have an answer...
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by dlex21(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
Here is a murder mystery case. Who is good enuf 2 solve it?

One evening there was a murder in the home of a married couple, their son and daughter. One of these four people murdered one of the others. One of the members of the family witnessed the crime.

The other one helped the murderer.

These are the things we know for sure:

1. The witness and the one who helped the murderer were not of the same sex.

2. The oldest person and the witness were not of the same sex.

3. The youngest person and the victim were not of the same sex.

4. The one who helped the murderer was older than the victim.

5. The father was the oldest member of the family.

6. The murderer was not the youngest member of the family.

Who was the murderer?
Who was d helper?
Who was d witness?
Who was d victim?
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by manny4life(m): 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2012

Neither of them are fast.

IMO, they said it takes about 30mins from the hospital to the village (Trip A). If both engines are used, you will need 10mins to service both engines + 30mins trip = 40mins. When you get to the village, it takes 5mins to load pax + 10mins to service the engines + 30mins travel (Trip B) = 45mins. When you arrive @ the hospital, you unload pax for 5mins. This will bring total travel time to 90mins. Given this time, upon arrival at the hospital, or perhaps, at the end of the unloading, the passengers are dead, defeating the purpose. So NONE are fast.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Alaafialoro(m): 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
@dlex.
Victim- mother
Muderer- son
Witness- daughter
Helper- father

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
Murderer= dad
helper= son
witness = mom
victim= daughter
if i post the investigation process,it might be too long...
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by dlex21(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
@dlex.
Victim- mother
Muderer- son
Witness- daughter
Helper- father

Kslib: Murderer= dad
helper= son
witness = mom
victim= daughter
if i post the investigation process,it might be too long...

u are both wrong!!!
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
f i o: almoast there try again
Ooops.. I just checked i made a mistake.. None of the given options will save the injured victims. Be it by air,or by water...
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
dlex21: i am locked in a room with 2 pathways that leads 2 an escape route...there is blazing fire in the 1st pathway and a hungry lion that has not eaten for 3years in the 2nd....ow do i escape
i'll open d 1st escape route that leads to d blazing fire, den open d 2nd route nd hide at d back of d 2nd route door. D lion wil nw cme out nd enter into d blazing fire while i walk away
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
Bright minds... Brains at work
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Murderer-mother
helper-father
witness-daughter
victim-son
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by ignis: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
meritdee:

11x12= 132 handshakes
Olodo
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by manny4life(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
2. The oldest person and the witness were not of the same sex. (so it's either oldest person, which is father + witness which is mother or daughter).

1. The witness and the one who helped the murderer were not of the same sex.(Since we have witnesses as either mother or daughter, then definitely, the helper was the son or father).

4. The one who helped the murderer was older than the victim.( Therefore, since the helper has been identified as the son or father, the victim is likely the daughter). I mean, a son can't be older than his mother. This rules out mother as a victim.

3. The youngest person and the victim were not of the same sex. (This will support the above - the victim is is younger than the helper).

6. The murderer was not the youngest member of the family.(Since we have identified the witness and the victim, it's obvious the final persons, is the father or son as the murderer as neither of them is youngest).

Who was the murderer? Unknown
Who was d helper? Unknown
Who was d witness? Mother
Who was d victim? Daughter
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
Classyzi: i'll open d 1st escape route that leads to d blazing fire, den open d 2nd route nd hide at d back of d 2nd route door. D lion wil nw cme out nd enter into d blazing fire while i walk away
Its d 2nd pathway: hungry lion cos its a dead lion afta 3yrs of starving
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by TheOP1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
pls anybody with the logic text should send to hrsuperfine@gmail.com
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by TheOP1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
The OP: pls anybody with the logic text should send to hrsuperfine@gmail.com
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by TheOP1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=The OP][/quote]
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by dlex21(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
Classyzi: i'll open d 1st escape route that leads to d blazing fire, den open d 2nd route nd hide at d back of d 2nd route door. D lion wil nw cme out nd enter into d blazing fire while i walk away
grin grin grin lwkmd...them tell u say space dey for the room 2 hide...the lion will locate u wherever u are...only that dere is no lion cos it cant survive for 3yrs without eating!!!

Classyzi: Murderer-mother
helper-father
witness-daughter
victim-son
now u r talking!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (36) (Reply)

United African State Job Real/fake / NNPC Recruitment 2012 Is Here! / UNILORIN Recruitment | The University Of Ilorin – August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.