Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,289 members, 7,860,682 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:16 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2432915 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chiwude:
Honestly, Owerri as a capital has no business hosting five major higher institutions. [b]When Rochas wanted to relocate IMSU to Orlu, Owerri people fought both tooth and nail to make sure it dosen't materializ[/b]e.

Owerri did not refuse relocation of IMSU to Ogboko.
On a large piece of land in Ogboko, ORO govt placed signboard that read: Future Site of Imo State University;

then, some landlords and hoteliers in Owerri protested against relocation of IMSU to Ogboko; but within a short time, the landlords and hoteliers gave up.
Owerri-born deputy governor of Imo state was also going around explaining reasons why IMSU had to be relocated to Ogboko. Other Owerri people also joined to explain same reasons. Everything was set for transfer of IMSU to Ogboko ---- until-----Rochas acted--- stoped it----..

Owerri can't have right to host all six tertiary institutions in Imo state. Even if Okorocha has his private university, IMSU or a govt university needs to be in Orlu zone. Okorocha needs to explain this issue before this election.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
i just cant stop laughing maam?
madam berem,most of your pix are very funy to me,i dnt knw y?
as am typing,am laughing again,
when i read sth like songhai poultry farm at nekede in ur post,
i was hopin to see sth like obasanjo farm,very big and beautiful,atleast found in a nice environment.
but wat am seeing is ? grin
i jus cnt say but kudos for given us sth to be seen..
yu try 4 those road pix,i laff wen u mistakely snapped ur legs..
anyway,all na 4 imo state o.cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
i just cant stop laughing maam?
madam berem,most of your pix are very funy to me,i dnt knw y?
as am typing,am laughing again,
when i read sth like songhai poultry farm at nekede in ur post,
i was hopin to see sth like obasanjo farm,very big and beautiful,atleast found in a nice environment.
but wat am seeing is ? grin
i jus cnt say but kudos for given us sth to be seen..
yu try 4 those road pix,i laff wen u mistakely snapped ur legs..
anyway,all na 4 imo state o.cheesy
my dear,what I saw there was very disappointing. I haven't finished posting the pictures though. My other phone I used in snapping the pictures have poor network so I can't upload. Will upload more pictures when my network returns to 3G.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
@ Berem,you are trying to post what we can see,mana biko egosila nke ndi mba ozo ga eji achi anyi bu ndi imo ochi. O buru na Songhai farm enwebeghi ebe di mma,biko hapu igosi ya maka ndi osu-imi.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakenny:

Owerri did not refuse relocation of IMSU to Ogboko.
On a large piece of land in Ogboko, ORO govt placed signboard that read: Future Site of Imo State University;

then, some landlords and hoteliers in Owerri protested against relocation of IMSU to Ogboko; but within a short time, the landlords and hoteliers gave up.
Owerri-born deputy governor of Imo state was also going around explaining reasons why IMSU had to be relocated to Ogboko. Other Owerri people also joined to explain same reasons. Everything was set for transfer of IMSU to Ogboko ---- until-----Rochas acted--- stoped it----..

Owerri can't have right to host all six tertiary institutions in Imo state. Even if Okorocha has his private university, IMSU or a govt university needs to be in Orlu zone. Okorocha needs to explain this issue before this election.

Bro,the relocation of imo state university would ve been a welcome development in the state cos it wil depopulate and reduce friction encounter in the state,
ohakim instigated this ideas and refuse to execute it,
the same with rochas too..

Bro dont yu think all these politicians re benefiting more on the present site of imsu in the heart of a town than relocating it to a remote village?..
Why re they slow towards the permanent site of imo state university,why?
It s not only the hotelians re protesting against imsu permanent site,even the orji people,ugwu urrata,and especialy the orji people who re landlords and landladies re benefiting more frm imsu present site cos they rent their old houses and palaces for student to use.
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chavens:
@ Berem,you are trying to post what we can see, [s] mana biko egosila nke ndi mba ozo ga eji achi anyi bu ndi imo ochi. [/s] O buru na Songhai farm enwebeghi ebe di mma,biko hapu igosi ya maka ndi osu-imi.
pray my network doesn't go back to 3G or else I must upload the pictures.
Meanwhile,I got amazed at the Cucumber farm and how it was being planted. In the whole of the fish ponds I saw,not even one fish in it. grin
Pictures will be uploaded soon.

Chavens,get ready to cry o! Lolz! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
my dear,what I saw there was very disappointing. I haven't finished posting the pictures though. My other phone I used in snapping the pictures have poor network so I can't upload. Will upload more pictures when my network returns to 3G.
Ok no problems,we re waiting,but i hope there re good pix to behold,
but i dont think abagworo wil be happy with this yur pix o?Hahaha.
I dey joke o..grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakenny:
Okorocha na Fox. He never meant to transfer IMSU to Ogboko then . Okorocha played then to get land for his private university in Ogboko.
I'm beginning to toe your line of reasoning too. Methink Rochas hoodwinked Imolites, by using the protest of Owerri people as an excuse to finance his private university with state fund. And that to me is wrong. Orlu zone deserves at least one public university. I see the polytechnic at Ohaji as an extension of Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chavens:
@ Berem,you are trying to post what we can see,mana biko egosila nke ndi mba ozo ga eji achi anyi bu ndi imo ochi. O buru na Songhai farm enwebeghi ebe di mma,biko hapu igosi ya maka ndi osu-imi.
bro that s not an issue,no place is perfect,we ve been seeing a wonderfu and aesthetic pix frm imo state,and i guess it s the time to feel the bad side of imo state, so that d government wil wake up and pay attention to it wen criticized..
Berem,
following...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
Ok no problems,we re waiting,but i hope there re good pix to behold,
but i dont think abagworo wil be happy with this yur pix o? Hahaha.
I dey joke o..grin
Is that why he ignored my post when I asked him about the dirts in owerri? Who cares what he thinks? To hell with him. I will post both the good and the bad. grin grin
Its just for all of us to know the true situation of things in Owerri.

Besides,I am really disappointed at the pedestrial bridge at IMSU junction. What was that for? That was one of the numerous useless infrastructure by Rochas. No one uses the bridge except to display banners and posters.
angry

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
My visit to Imo State Songhai farm at Nekede

So when was this farm initiated? I never knew the Songhai farms invested in Imo or is it barely a signboard investment?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
I also saw the shopping complex at Umuaka which is still ongoing. Umuaka has really changed. The massive health centre too at Ugwu Njaba near Okwudor is a magnificent edifice.
Rochas di too much abeg! So much has been done between two years I visited last.
Happy Valentine to you too! To be fair with ORO I think he has done quite well in his first tenure. However, where my concern lies is with the quality and longevity of the projects - especially the china roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
Is that why he ignored my post when I asked him about the dirts in owerri? Who cares what he thinks? To hell with him. I will post both the good and the bad. grin grin

Besides,I am really disappointed at the pedestrial bridge at IMSU junction. What was that for? That was one of the numerous useless infrastructure by Rochas. No one uses the bridge except to put banners and posters.
angry

I will not agree with u that pedestrian crossing at IMSU is unnecessary as that area is accident prone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Abagworo:

So when was this farm initiated? I never knew the Songhai farms invested in Imo or is it barely a signboard investment?
I wanted to start ignoring you on this thread but I will once again reply you. Don't ask me any questions till I finish uploading all the pictures inugo?

angry angry

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chiwude:
I'm beginning to toe your line of reasoning too. Methink Rochas hoodwinked Imolites, by using the protest of Owerri people as an excuse to finance his private university with state fund. And that to me is wrong. Orlu deserves at least one public university. I see the polytechnic one at Ohaji as an extension of Owerri.
if the private university is built in imo,then it s a welcome development.
my own brother ohakim,frm the same mbano,a very stupid man,went to southafrica to built an hotel there,and create job employment 4 southafrica,
in 2011 ,i protested against his 2nd tenure,despite been a brother frm dsame place of local govt,
i voted rochas,supported him til date,b4 i left 4 akwa ibom as a traveler.
i wish it was ifeanyi that becom d govnor
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
I wanted to start ignoring you on this thread but I will once again reply you. Don't ask me any questions till I finish uploading all the pictures inugo?

angry angry

Lol! Is it because of BBW?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
@ berem,thanks emmy for your approach. Berem this is just my first time of engaging you in conversation and you chose to attack and abuse me this mannar? Anyway it's a world of freedom. I hold dignity for you before this time but I doubt if I have it anymore. So you can be this insultive and so attacking just for trying to be a fellow imolite with you. It is most unfortunate. I'm from Oguta and it doesn't affect me whatever happens but learn to be courtesy in your maner. Once more my regard emmy.(Engr Chavens)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
Bro,the relocation of imo state university would ve been a welcome development in the state cos it wil depopulate and reduce friction encounter in the state,
ohakim instigated this ideas and refuse to execute it,
the same with rochas too..

Bro dont yu think all these politicians re benefiting more on the present site of imsu in the heart of a town than relocating it to a remote village?..
Why re they slow towards the permanent site of imo state university,why?
It s not only the hotelians re protesting against imsu permanent site,even the orji people,ugwu urrata,and especialy the orji people who re landlords and landladies re benefiting more frm imsu present site cos they rent their old houses and palaces for student to use.
May God help us
I will be the happiest person alive if imsu is relocated from its present..that would bring some sanity to aladinma estate...such a nuisance to that neighbourhood

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chavens:
@ berem,thanks emmy for your approach. Berem this is just my first time of engaging you in conversation and you chose to attack and abuse me this mannar? Anyway it's a world of freedom. I hold dignity for you before this time but I doubt if I have it anymore. So you can be this insultive and so attacking just for trying to be a fellow imolite with you. It is most unfortunate. I'm from Oguta and it doesn't affect me whatever happens but learn to be courtesy in your maner. Once more my regard emmy.(Engr Chavens)
where in my post did I attack or abuse you?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
Abagworo:

Lol! Is it because of BBW?
*Ignored*

angry

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
if the private university is built in imo,then it s a welcome development.
my own brother ohakim,frm the same mbano,a very stupid man,went to southafrica to built an hotel there,and create job employment 4 southafrica,
in 2011 ,i protested against his 2nd tenure,despite been a brother frm dsame place of local govt,
i voted rochas,supported him til date,b4 i left 4 akwa ibom as a traveler.
i wish it was ifeanyi that becom d govnor
be careful what you wish for..i don't think you know ararume well
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
Please abagworo how is the pace of work at the ongoing eight blocks of sixteen storey centenary buildings opposite the newly built ISOPADEC Office,New Owerri?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
pray my network doesn't go back to 3G or else I must upload the pictures.
Meanwhile,I got amazed at the Cucumber farm and how it was being planted. In the whole of the fish ponds I saw,not even one fish in it. grin
Pictures will be uploaded soon.
Chavens,get ready to cry o! Lolz! grin grin
Berem you have done a wonderful job by exposing the rot at Songhai farms. I think Udenwa initiated that project? Rochas needs to act fast before things deteriorate for the worst.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:

Besides,I am really disappointed at the pedestrial bridge at IMSU junction. What was that for? That was one of the numerous useless infrastructure by Rochas. No one uses the bridge except to display banners and posters.
angry
this world is a very funy place,yu re surprising me o,
rochas was the man yu behold and gave ovation,
when they were posting the good pix frm imo state,
your likeness for rochas hardworks increase cos yu re seeing imo from afar..lol.

yu ve travelled to imo and your eyes re both open...
now ,are you telling us that the apc governor okorocha is a dissapointment? Or are yu telling us there is no massive development in imo state?
Or we ve being decieved by a pictorial that has no memorial to our desideratum but a momentum to empty praises from afar.
this may be a question that looks like interview?

cos na yu go,na yu know..

Que sera sera est erga sum
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chavens:
Please abagworo how is the pace of work at the ongoing eight blocks of sixteen storey centenary buildings opposite the newly built ISOPADEC Office,New Owerri?

I think it is rather opposite the Ahiajoku conference centre. It is stagnant or slow but the Ahiajoku conference centre has been completed with the landscaping and painting remaining.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chiwude:
Berem you have done a wonderful job by exposing the rot at Songhai farms. I think Udenwa initiated that project? Rochas needs to act fast before things deteriorate for the worst.

Why did they run away? I think Songhai farms is a private company that invests in large scale farming. Are Nekede people hostile or is it that Nekede soil is not fertile? I often view agriculture as the best and most profitable investment if you have the land and capital.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
@ Abagworo,please can I get picture of more of new owerri,and egbeada area? I need them please.Thanks
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:

angry

The way you addressed me here is rather unwomanly and dissappointingly insultive. You are more involved in politics than I am and hence should be the one to answer political questions. I am not a member of any party. As you can see I had to travel because of Hope Uzodinma in PDP while I appreciate the works of Okorocha in APC. Imo State is not my personal property but I owe it as a duty just like I owe all of Igboland and Nigeria to be faithful, loyal and honest.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
asha80:
be careful what you wish for..i don't think you know ararume well
i dnt knw him much,but i hated ohakim with passion,he came to lagos to fake a picture that he has built sth that look like third mainland bridge,imo state university went on 4times or 5times internal strikes under his tenure..
sometime in 2o1o,the road to mbano look very rough and bad to my own vilage,despite having a govnor that coms frm mbano and because of that we didnt travelled to imo but to nnewi..
Ifeanyi would ve do beta dan ohakim
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chiwude:
I don't know who initiated the project. It should be in better hands to uplift the project.

*sad news*

My dad just called me that my Uncle just passed on. I saw him two days ago on his sick bed and I wept uncontrollably as my uncle looked so thin and pale. He was 82years old embarassed

Mgbadike Ohu Nwaeze anaaaa!

embarassed embarassed
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chavens:
@ Abagworo,please can I get picture of more of new owerri,and egbeada area? I need them please.Thanks

I do not live in Owerri. I was in Orlu and Owerri for 2days but I am back in Port Harcourt. Just took time out to take updated pictures. Maybe next time I will reach Egbeada.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
Abagworo:

Why did they run away? I think Songhai farms is a private company that invests in large scale farming. Are Nekede people hostile or is it that Nekede soil is not fertile? I often view agriculture as the best and most profitable investment if you have the land and capital.
Thanks for the clarification Abagworo. Actually, I used to think the Songhai project was a government funded venture. Never knew it was private. But, In what ways can ORO assist the owners?

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.