Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,383 members, 7,864,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2436016 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
emmysoftyou:
Bro,the relocation of imo state university would ve been a welcome development in the state cos it wil depopulate and reduce friction encounter in the state,
ohakim instigated this ideas and refuse to execute it,
the same with rochas too..

Bro dont yu think all these politicians re benefiting more on the present site of imsu in the heart of a town than relocating it to a remote village?..
Why re they slow towards the permanent site of imo state university,why?
It s not only the hotelians re protesting against imsu permanent site,even the orji people,ugwu urrata,and especialy the orji people who re landlords and landladies re benefiting more frm imsu present site cos they rent their old houses and palaces for student to use.
May God help us

In the last 6 years or so, it's hard to see any new commercial houses in Orlu urban because such is not commercially viable.

Owerri develops and expands with speed not just because it is capital city, it is mostly because of its six tertiary institutions with large student and staff population.

Private tertiary institution hardly brings development to area located. If at the end ORO truly used trick to get private university site in his hometown, and because of competition refuses any government university in Orlu zone, public outcry against ORO may never allow ORO's private university to survive when he leaves office.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
amakenny:

In the last 6 years or so, it's hard to see any new commercial houses in Orlu urban because such is not commercially viable.

Owerri develops and expands with speed not just because it is capital city, it is mostly because of its six tertiary institutions with large student and staff population.

Private tertiary institution hardly brings development to area located. If at the end ORO truly used trick to get private university site in his hometown, and because of competition refuses any government university in Orlu zone, public outcry against ORO may never allow ORO's private university to survive when he leaves office.
frm yur write up above.,it seem yu re so concerned about orlu development
and why must tertiary institution be focus as a means of development in a particular areas?

But there should be other means that can bring development to orlu town irrespective of tertiary institution?undecided

You said owerri was developed,not because of his capital but because of the six tertiary institution located around the capital?
I guess yu wrong bro,
owerri is a capital,where all civil servant and other subgroup/branch and government jobs like fmc,frsc,hotels etc are located hence her quick development.
my dear dnt be deluded cos of the tertiary institution yu saw around the town,
owerri as a capital has both internal and external advantage or benefit which led to the speedy development in owerri.

Orlu in its nature can never reach owerri in terms of development except a new born state is created.
Orlu and awka re just like similar age until awka became a capital then her development displayed drastically.

At bolded 3..

Private institution/university do bring development my broda,go to akwa ibom,ask of heritage polytechnic,the school is located at the outskirt of eket zone,nearly inside a village,but the school is making wave and it has brought development there,i guess it depend on where the school is sited,and how many student do they have,wil determine the proximity to her quick or speedy development..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 12:20am On Feb 16, 2015
emmysoftyou:
frm yur write up above.,it seem yu re so concerned about orlu development
and why must tertiary institution be focus as a means of development in a particular areas?

But there should be other means that can bring development to orlu town irrespective of tertiary institution?undecided

You said owerri was developed,not because of his capital but because of the six tertiary institution located around the capital?
I guess yu wrong bro,
owerri is a capital,where all civil servant and other subgroup/branch and government jobs like fmc,frsc,hotels etc are located hence her quick development.
my dear dnt be deluded cos of the tertiary institution yu saw around the town,
owerri as a capital has both internal and external advantage or benefit which led to the speedy development in owerri.

Orlu in its nature can never reach owerri in terms of development except a new born state is created.
Orlu and awka re just like similar age until awka became a capital then her development displayed drastically.

At bolded 3..

Private institution/university do bring development my broda,go to akwa ibom,ask of heritage polytechnic,the school is located at the outskirt of eket zone,nearly inside a village,but the school is making wave and it has brought development there,i guess it depend on where the school is sited,and how many student do they have,wil determine the proximity to her quick or speedy development..

Education, mainly tertiary education, is the main catalyst to development. The more people acquire education, the more their place becomes developed.

Besides, it is most unjust to have Owerri zone alone benefit from the advantages of location of government tertiary institutions - about six of them in the state - while others watch. It's not done in any other state in Nigeria.

If present governor can't bring a government university to Orlu zone, we may have to try another person now. Past Imo governors since 1999 asserted that IMSU cannot remain in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 16, 2015
IMSU have no business being Owerre while Orlu is there without anything and less activities to bolster the towns economic potentials.

I don't even know why a state like Imo the most advanced state academically is yet to have a private Univ in the state.

Even must that Imopoly Umuagwo be in Owerre for crying out loud??
One thing I discovered is that those Hoteliers and Restraunts owners there are influencing decision making in Imo State, do you know that Owerre could be as expensive as Zurich in Switzerland in the Nigeria sense of it.

amakenny:

Education, mainly tertiary education, is the main catalyst to development. The more people acquire education, the more their place becomes developed.

Besides, it is most unjust to have Owerri zone alone benefit from the advantages of location of government tertiary institutions - about six of them in the state - while others watch. It's not done in any other state in Nigeria.

If present governor can't bring a government university to Orlu zone, we may have to try another person now. Past Imo governors since 1999 asserted that IMSU cannot remain in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 1:25am On Feb 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:
IMSU have no business being Owerre while Orlu is there without anything and less activities to bolster the towns economic potentials.

I don't even know why a state like Imo the most advanced state academically is yet to have a private Univ in the state.

Even must that Imopoly Umuagwo be in Owerre for crying out loud??
One thing I discovered is that those Hoteliers and Restraunts owners there are influencing decision making in Imo State, do you know that Owerre could be as expensive as Zurich in Switzerland in the Nigeria sense of it.

Yes, it is election time; it is time to raise this issue of a govt university in Orlu again with Rochas. Let him say yes or no so that people shall know how to vote this time.

Orlu people met Rochas in Owerri shortly after he took office as governor and prayed him for a govt university.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 16, 2015
amakenny:

Yes, it is election time; it is time to raise this issue of a govt university in Orlu again with Rochas. Let him say yes or no so that people shall know how to vote this time.

Orlu people met Rochas in Owerri shortly after he took office as governor and prayed him for a govt university.

I thought he is from Orlu Zone
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Abagworo:
Horizontal

This looks good
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I thought he is from Orlu Zone
yes bro,he s frm ogboko,ideato south,so they re under the umbrella of orlu senatorial zone..

in response to ur previous post..

if imo state does not have a private university yet,it s because of too many institution situated in imo state as a whole,
scaring private individuals frm thinking about private university in imo state..

nice having yu here bro.
one love
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ahajioku conventional center near completion

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by akanuson: 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
imo is ok

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 17, 2015
Nkwerre road, Works layout.

Please Rochas should fix the road. The people living around the area are suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2015
And the dirts littering the streets in Works layout.
This is absolutely disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
I don't if its because of the too many institutions, even if that could be the cause why not site it at Orlu since Owerre and Okigwe are both university communities.

Enugwu State have as much higher institution as Imo but they still have like 3 private univ

Abia have many govt higher institutions as well but got private univ likewise Anambra.

The only thing is the concentration of development in Owerre while other sides are neglected, Imo deserve atleast 2 private univ to start it

emmysoftyou:
yes bro,he s frm ogboko,ideato south,so they re under the umbrella of orlu senatorial zone..

in response to ur previous post..

if imo state does not have a private university yet,it s because of too many institution situated in imo state as a whole,
scaring private individuals frm thinking about private university in imo state..

nice having yu here bro.
one love

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
There is nothing like pushing the issue during the election time because all Nigeria politicians are siblings of different mothers but the same father, they are baptized in a dirty water and none know no shame.

You push it during election, he will not say he will not do it, he will promise haven on earth but once they are elected they turn their backs on the masses.

I was in Onicha in 2010 when Goatluck promised the SNB and this is 2015 and nothing serious is happening there while he still move around campaigning on how he will fix the same bridge.

Forget those crooks abeg

amakenny:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
berem:
And the dirts littering the streets in Works layout.
This is absolutely disgusting.

There is even asphalt on the failing roads berem pleads Gov. Rochas to redo at Owerri Works layout. berem visited Orlu last week and brought pix of bare sand streets. Too many urban roads in Orlu have not even seen asphalt before; though the roads are almost filled with houses.
But madam berem is about the only person who insults when one laments about problems in Orlu on NL; yet berem claims she is from Orlu. How else does one define a fake madam?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
I don't if its because of the too many institutions, even if that could be the cause why not site it at Orlu since Owerre and Okigwe are both university communities.

Enugwu State have as much higher institution as Imo but they still have like 3 private univ

Abia have many govt higher institutions as well but got private univ likewise Anambra.

The only thing is the concentration of development in Owerre while other sides are neglected, Imo deserve atleast 2 private univ to start it

I don't seem to understand why the government should be blame concerning private university in imo state..?
The only private university I know in enugwu state is caritas and the one in anambra state is madonna at okija.
And they re own by private individuals..

I don't knnow if abia state has a private university?

Pls help me with the names of three university enugu have? And the ones in abia state..

NB. If there is no private university in imo state yet,it means the private individuals are not ready to set it up yet but it s not the right of govt to set it up in a state..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
emmysoftyou:
I don't seem to understand why the government should be blame concerning private university in imo state..?
The only private university I know in enugwu state is caritas and the one in anambra state is madonna at okija.

Pls help me with the names of three university enugu have? And the ones in abia state..

NB. If there is no private university in imo state yet,it means the private individuals are not ready to set it up yet but it s not the right of govt to set it up in a state..
Abia has gregory university, uturu and rhema university, aba.

igbere university is waiting to be accredited by NUC.

They are all private universities.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
Enugwu have
Caritas University.
Renaissance University.
Godfrey Okoye Univeristy.
OsisaTech.

Anambra have
Madonna University.
Paul's University.
Tansian University

emmysoftyou:

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
customized13:

I thought Abia have Clifford University too, own by the Adventist Church in Aba?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I thought Abia have Clifford University too, own by the Adventist Church in Aba?
yap, I think they are yet to commence lectures, not sure though. I think we shouldn't derail the thread any further, since we have answered the question.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
customized13:

wow those pix re wonderful...I must confess..

I used to hear of gregory and rhema university, I never knew they were in abia state..
My bad..though rhema seem to be familiar with me cos I have once applied as a lecturer via their email,but it seem the school is very small in size from those who had pay visits to the place..

Uturu gate entrance look cool..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
emmysoftyou:
wow those pix re wonderful...I must confess..

I used to hear of gregory and rhema university, I never knew they were in abia state..
My bad..though rhema seem to be familiar with me cos I have once applied as a lecturer via their email,but it seem the school is very small in size from those who had pay visits to the place..

Uturu gate entrance look cool..
yap, there take-off site is small, they are working on their permanent site.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Enugwu have
Caritas University.
Renaissance University.
Godfrey Okoye Univeristy.
OsisaTech.

Anambra have
Madonna University.
Paul's University.
Tansian University

I do heard of renaissance,never knew it was in anambra state,

Godfrey okoye unic sound like a new school,
Osisa tech should be for science student,

Tansians unic,pauls unic hmm,nawa o,
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Malawian(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
any reason why chino is viewing this thread? grin grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
emmysoftyou:

I know Godfrey okoye and tansian university, they aren't new schools perse.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
Imo State have private universities under construction. Some of them are : Imo European University Ogboko, Layola Jesuit University, Ngor Okpala, and one other in Mbaise

BuddahMonk:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
Dana Air to commence daily flight operations to Owerri

on February 16, 2015 / in Business 12:23 am / Comments
Tweet

Dana Airline has indicated its readiness to begin its daily flight operations to Owerri airport in a few weeks time. Disclosing this development to newsmen, Chief Commercial Officer of the airline, Obi Mbanuzuo said that such move was part of the airline’s expansion plan to convey passengers to their various destination across the country.

*Dana

According to Mr. Mbanuzuo “Dana Air is prepared to commence daily flight operations to Owerri in the coming weeks as part of its expansion drive to make its unique services readily available to all” The Airline’s Chief Commercial Officer further pointed out that in the spirit of valentine season, the airline has introduced a promotional fare in its business class which was pegged at N27,000.

While unveiling the valentine promotional fares, Mr. Mbanuzuo stressed that with such fares in place, it would afford most of the airline’s guest to travel at ease and comfort with a lot of leisure during their trips. “We want to encourage our guests to travel for leisure and business in style and comfort this season and this initiative is part of our commitment to continually offer pocket friendly fares across our sales channels” he said.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/dana-air-commence-daily-flight-operations-owerri/#sthash.IzfFptUs.dpuf
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
Malawian:
any reason why chino is viewing this thread? grin grin

^^^Probably laying in wait for Abagworo; waiting for the time he will make the 'mistake' of even mentioning 'Anam...' (never mind 'Anambra').......and then he'll pounce! wink
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Imo European kwa, why are we scared of identifying with ours, why not African Continental University?

This is a very wrong brandname walahi

RareDiamond:
Imo State have private universities under construction. Some of them are : Imo European University Ogboko, Layola Jesuit University, Ngor Okpala, and one other in Mbaise

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nobody is derailing the thread, we can aswell learn from the questions others ask, I never knew there is Rhema University in Abia until someone asked question pertaining to that and answer provided.

customized13:
yap, I think they are yet to commence lectures, not sure though. I think we shouldn't derail the thread any further, since we have answered the question.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
Osisatech is a poly, it aint for science students and its own by Rev fr Ede the same person that owns Madonna Okija and Elele

emmysoftyou:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
RareDiamond:

There is one in Nkwerre. Hezekiah University, it should be owned by Daddy Hezekiah. I have forgotten the name of his church, but the man is popular, claims that he raised a dead man years back. Then Orlu Catholic Diocese has started making efforts to start her own university, Trinitas University

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.