Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,098 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2432534 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (1023) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
I don't know who initiated the project. It should be in better hands to uplift the project.

*sad news*

My dad just called me that my Uncle just passed on. I saw him two days ago on his sick bed and I wept uncontrollably as my uncle looked so thin and pale. He was 82years old embarassed

Mgbadike Ohu Nwaeze anaaaa!

embarassed embarassed
Chai, ndo nu. Take heart.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chavens: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
@ Berem, sorry for the lost and take heart.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Imo state wu oke mba
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
Poultry section

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fish ponds with no fish.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
Cucumber farm

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nekede Zoo from afar. I heard a lion escaped some time ago. I didn't bother to move forward.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
asha80:
I will be the happiest person alive if imsu is relocated from its present..that would bring some sanity to aladinma estate...such a nuisance to that neighbourhood
the sanity of aladinma lies in the relocation of imo state unic,
i was once hang out with my cousin at friendship hostel b4 moving to the main aladinma,
the cult guys nd arm robbers wont allowed the calmness of the place..
those bishop cult nd aladinma is sth else bro
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nekede

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chavens:
@ berem,thanks emmy for your approach. Berem this is just my first time of engaging you in conversation and you chose to attack and abuse me this mannar? Anyway it's a world of freedom. I hold dignity for you before this time but I doubt if I have it anymore. So you can be this insultive and so attacking just for trying to be a fellow imolite with you. It is most unfortunate. I'm from Oguta and it doesn't affect me whatever happens but learn to be courtesy in your maner. Once more my regard emmy.(Engr Chavens)
bro ,i ve gone thru the post,she didnt insult or abuse u, she only joke abt u like get ready to cry,lolx. Dnt take personal,
let s move on, feel free to comment and criticised,

i guess u re new,but yu re wecom..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
Sorry I didn't get pictures from the pig farm. I had to run away from the blazing sun. Will get more pictures next week when I visit Nekede again.
For the second time in my life,I ate pork meat today at Songhai farms. Very tasty I must confess. tongue
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
Fish ponds with no fish.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/7-states-adopt-integrated-farm-system/

Porto-Novo (Benin)—Seven of the 36 states in Nigeria have begun partnering
with Songhai farm in Porto-Novo in neighbouring Benin Republic to set up
integrated farm system in their states.
Revd. Godfrey Izamojo, Director, Songhai Regional Operations, said this in an
interview in Porto-Novo. He listed the states as Rivers, Enugu, Cross River,
Benue, Katsina, Ogun and Lagos.
He said: “We are already in Rivers and Enugu states.We are going to Cross River,
Benue, Katsina, Ogun and Lagos states. Many other states are partnering with
us in Nigeria. We are supposed to be in 15 African countries as part of the
regional plan of the project.”
Izamojo described the Songhai farm model as an African concept aimed at
empowering the youth to be self sufficient.
“Songhai farm is a project about a new African society where Africans are
empowered to be on the drivers seat to solve their problems instead of looking
elsewhere. We believe we can harness the resources given to us by nature to
create wealth and take care of our unemployment and poverty problem.”
Izamojo said that the basic idea was to ensure maximum utilisation of natural
resources by preventing wastage. “The concept of Songhai integrated farm takes
care of everything right from the farm to the factory and to the industry all
aspects are taken care of in Songhai farm. The whole idea is to empower the
youth to learn and be on the driver’s seat.”
Izamojo expressed confidence that the idea would help secure Africa’s future
and prevent it from depending on other continents for food and other industrial
products.
“The Songhai farm was established by a Non- Governmental Organisation and
has been on for the past 20 years. “What we did was to make sure that we
avoided direct government ownership to prevent collapse. In fact, the Songhai
farm is one of the largest NGO projects working for several years for the
empowerment of Africans.”
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
Sorry I didn't get pictures from the pig farm. I had to run away from the blazing sun. Will get more pictures next week when I visit Nekede again.
For the second time in my life,I ate pork meat today at Songhai farms. Very tasty I must confess. tongue

Are you into farming? What actually prompted the visit?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
Abagworo:

Are you into farming? What actually prompted the visit?
ijuwala m ajuju. I am not talking to you on this thread again. angry angry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
the sanity of aladinma lies in the relocation of imo state unic,
i was once hang out with my cousin at friendship hostel b4 moving to the main aladinma,
the cult guys nd arm robbers wont allowed the calmness of the place..
those bishop cult nd aladinma is sth else bro
what you said is just the plain truth...i can't wait for the relocation of imsu..all those useless cult boys can go and practice their nonsense somewhere else
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2015
is dat a poultry farm or an uncompleted building?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
Nekede Zoo from afar. I heard a lion escaped some time ago. I didn't bother to move forward.

hahaha. It was true..
My mbeise frend told me,
abeg go a bit a closer,lol let see the place well,grin

dnt b afraid ,my spirit is wit u
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
lygn19:
is dat a poultry farm or an uncompleted building?
both.
How can there be about 6 fish ponds and not even a single fish in the pond? I asked the person in charge of the fish farming business there and he told me they have sold all the fish without replacing new ones? Do they not know that Catfish business is a lucrative one?

Smh
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
hahaha. It was true..
My mbeise frend told me,
abeg go a bit a closer,lol let see the place well,grin

dnt b afraid ,my spirit is wit u
Don't worry,I might visit the Zoo this week with enough pictures. Just pray no lion escapes that day. Achogi m I nwu ugbulaka.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
asha80:
what you said is just the plain truth...i can't wait for the relocation of imsu..all those useless cult boys can go and practice their nonsense somewhere else
grin grin .
it seem yu ve been intimidated by them b4..lol.am joking o,
when i stayed in works layout,owerri,after several escapes frm cult guys,they intimidated me til they came to my house at works layout.
the rest is history,but today i pray they shuld relocate the school so that non students can live in peace..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
Don't worry,I might visit the Zoo this week with enough pictures. Just pray no lion escapes that day. Achogi m I nwu ugbulaka.

yu reminds me of girls that re alwys be afraid of rats cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
Is that why he ignored my post when I asked him about the dirts in owerri? Who cares what he thinks? To hell with him. I will post both the good and the bad. grin grin
Its just for all of us to know the true situation of things in Owerri.

Besides,I am really disappointed at the pedestrial bridge at IMSU junction. What was that for? That was one of the numerous useless infrastructure by Rochas. No one uses the bridge except to display banners and posters.
serious o, Imagine building a footbridge in an area with very low traffic... to what ends?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:

yu reminds me of girls that re alwys be afraid of rats cheesy
I am not afraid of rats. I am very afraid of cockroaches and lizards,especially the red neck lizards. grin grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
lygn19:
serious o, Imagine building a footbridge in an area with very low traffic... to what ends?
I think there's another of the bridge at Emmanuel College. Maybe that one is useful because of students. There's another old pedestrial bridge at Ugwu Orji near FSP primary school. That is also a good one,but the irrelevant one at IMSU junction is very useless.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
asha80:
I will be the happiest person alive if imsu is relocated from its present..that would bring some sanity to aladinma estate...such a nuisance to that neighbourhooid

The university buildings in Ideato are mostly ready.
This is election time, this is most appropriate time for Imo people to put pressure on Rochas to relocate IMSU to the new site in Ogboko. Now, lots of state money that can be used in other development projects are used for expansion of infrastructures and refuse disposal in the state capital because of its overpopulation.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
Owerri city school
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
emmysoftyou:
grin grin .
it seem yu ve been intimidated by them b4..lol.am joking o,
when i stayed in works layout,owerri,after several escapes frm cult guys,they intimidated me til they came to my house at works layout.
the rest is history,but today i pray they shuld relocate the school so that non students can live in peace..
far from it..you can't intimidate someone in an environment he grew up in and hence knows so well if you are a foreigner...what I hate is their nuisance value,petty robbery and banditry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakenny:

The university buildings in Ideato are mostly ready.
This is election time, this is most appropriate time for Imo people to put pressure on Rochas to relocate IMSU to the new site in Ogboko. Now, lots of state money that can be used in other development projects are used for expansion of infrastructures and refuse disposal in the state capital because of its overpopulation.
IMSU cannot be wholly relocated. I think what has been the plan during Udenwa's tenure was to move the Engineering faculty to Okigwe and Medicine and Surgery,health and sciences to Orlu. The latter is already becoming a success. Thanks to Rochas for achieving that. Next stop will be the Engineering school to be moved to Okigwe.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
berem:
IMSU cannot be wholly relocated. I think what has been the plan during Udenwa's tenure was to move the Engineering faculty to Okigwe and Medicine and Surgery,health and sciences to Orlu. The latter is already becoming a success. Thanks to Rochas for achieving that. Next stop will be the Engineering school to be moved to Okigwe.
You don't get it. Main IMSU campus in Owerri has more than 18000 students population. IMSUTH Orlu has about 400 students. How does IMSUTH be taken as a campus, more so given that close to another 100000 students from other four tertiary institutions are all clustering in Owerri? Ideal thing is leave a few departments of IMSU in Owerri and take others to Ogboko and engineering section to Okigwe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakenny:
You don't get it. Main IMSU campus in Owerri has more than 18000 students population. IMSUTH Orlu has about 400 students. How does IMSUTH be taken as a campus, more so given that close to another 100000 students from other four tertiary institutions are all clustering in Owerri? Ideal thing is leave a few departments of IMSU in Owerri and take others to Ogboko and engineering section to Okigwe.
is there any ongoing construction of the school at Ogboko?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amakenny: 12:15am On Feb 15, 2015
berem:
is there any ongoing construction of the school at Ogboko?

Yes. But the Ogboko site with too many many buildings on it are enough already to contain even a megabyte size university.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cyberknight: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2015
I do agree that IMSU need to be relocated from its present site in Owerri. There is a large student population in Owerri town and it places a lot of strain on the city's residential infrastructure. Time to spread the development elsewhere - the same way FUTO brought a measure of improvement to Ihiagwa and Eziobodo, a relocation to a virgin area should stimulate the same kind of gradual development.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (1023) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.