Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2401781 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 6:47am On Apr 25, 2016
Old Owerri Road Orlu shown below was scrapped since 2012. It has close to a hundred thousand population living on both sides up to Umuowa to Y-Junction.

There are many other roads like it in Orlu scrapped with red dust poured upon them. People here inhale dust in the last four years. All pleas to Gov. Okorocha to fill the roads with asphalt before people develop lung diseases have fallen on deaf ears. Some evil people instead praise Okorocha for building flyovers and now dig road tunnel in Owerri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 6:56am On Apr 25, 2016
This remains the site for Prince Hotel proposed by Rochas Okorocha in Orlu. Only the two or three blocks laid by Speaker Uwajumogu some years ago remain Prince Hotel, Orlu.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 7:02am On Apr 25, 2016
This is Otamiri Water Scheme in Owerri. A similar water scheme was proposed at the same time for Orlu area. It was to source water from Urashi or Njaba Rivers.

IMSG spent billions of Naira in either of these water schemes in Okigwe and Owerri.

Rochas Okorocha knew that this TYPE OF water scheme for Orlu area was about to be started by IMSG before he came to office. Okorocha has never mentioned Orlu regional water scheme proposal since he came to office.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2016
But Mandax what really is Okorocha's grouse with Orlu, because from the last count, Rochas won virtually all the LGA's in the zone. I'm trying to understand Rochas anger with Orlu? Did he lose Orlu municipal to Ihedioha's PDP? Did few people offend him there? Because nothing meaningful is happening in Orlu compared to Owerri zone.
Rochas is an Orlu man and cannot say he doesn't know that the zone is deficient when it comes to capital project. I.e the Orlu regional water scheme, government owned university campus and others. Even the Orlu city link road he set out to accomplish in his first term has been completely abandoned, except for the recent pix of the Umunna section posted by Abagworo.
I love the transformation of Ala Owerri, yet as an Orlu son, am really not happy with the state of Orlu under Okorocha's second tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2016
Chiwude:
But Mandax what really is Okorocha's grouse with Orlu, because from the last count, Rochas won virtually all the LGA's in the zone. I'm trying to understand Rochas anger with Orlu? Did he lose Orlu municipal to Ihedioha's PDP? Did few people offend him there? Because nothing meaningful is happening in Orlu compared to Owerri zone.
Rochas is an Orlu man and cannot say he doesn't know that the zone is deficient when it comes to capital project. I.e the Orlu regional water scheme, government owned university campus and others. Even the Orlu city link road he set out to accomplish in his first term has been completely abandoned, except for the recent pix of the Umunna section posted by Abagworo.
I love the transformation of Ala Owerri, yet as an Orlu son, am really not happy with the state of Orlu under Okorocha's second tenure.

In bold.

People expected Imo govt to duplicate faculties of IMSU somewhere in Orlu area.

But Rochas Okorocha having his private university in Ogboko - private university that hardly makes any impact in the area where it is located. That's what Rochas Okorocha has been governor under the name of Orlu zone for.

Meanwhile, people from 12 LGas in Orlu zone have to continue to pay taxes to sustain five federal and state universities and Polys in Owerri and now in Mbaise, and remain pilgrims in Owerri and now Mbaise for university education in govt institutions that are usually subsidized by govt.

Even if by accident, the federal govt proposes another university for Imo state today, Rochas Okorocha shall struggle to see that the new institution is not located anywhere near Orlu, because he fears it may compete against his private university. But truth is that there can hardly be any such competition.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2016
Chiwude:

In bold.

Rochas invented whatever anger he has against Orlu. It is his way of saving money.

Orlu Municipal gave him more than 30,000 votes in 2011, the highest number of votes compared to that from any other LGA.

He enlarged three to four streets about - 5km total - in Orlu and scrapped more which were abandoned till today.

Fears that if he was voted out from second term, the roads he scrapped might not be completed made Orlu Municipal vote massively for Okorocha for second term. He won Ihedioha here.

Did he purposely scrap the roads since 2012 and dismantled the stadium - people now ask?

It's difficult to believe that a state governor can be this petty.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
mandax:

WHEN A STATE GOVERNOR - A WHOLE STATE GOVERNOR - BELIEVES HE IS AT WAR AGAINST GHOSTS - UNSEEN ENEMIES. FETISH?

Twice, including that of last month, Orlu traditional leaders and political leaders set aside anger from this stadium which Rochas Okorocha dismantled immediately he became governor and invited him for a peace meeting under a canopy inside the stadium..

Twice Okorocha refused to come. In one occasion, hoodlums were sent to destroy the canopies mounted by the traditional rulers and politicians from Orlu for the meet.

Tell, whoever dismantles a sports stadium built by a reputable construction firm, without any cogent reasons? In the last five years Okorocha has been in office, no sports stadium here, youths in Orlu have had no organized sports.

You see yourself, see how you are proving to us that you are stupid. My friend get a life and drop this your pissing attitude. You are on a mission of character assassination of Rochas not for the acclaimed interest of Orlu. Beside, you are not Imolite.

Was this not the same stadium the Royal fathers had their peace convention you posted above, I was told by truthful person not a liar like you that the stadium has been renovated while the construction of the new one is still ongoing at a very fast pace.

Keep on deceiving yourself, iti boko haram.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
B2mario,

I have got no time for any N100 per comment blogger.

You still haven't found a job?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
B2mario:

You see yourself, see how you are proving to us that you are stupid. My friend get a life and drop this your pissing attitude. You are on a mission of character assassination of Rochas not for the acclaimed interest of Orlu. Beside, you are not Imolite.

Was this not the same stadium the Royal fathers had their peace convention you posted above, I was told by truthful person not a liar like you that the stadium has been renovated while the construction of the new one is still ongoing at a very fast pace.

Keep on deceiving yourself, iti boko haram.

I'm a witness. The new stadium is almost completed with very lovely landscaping. I passed it enroute Ekwulobia recently. The best thing is to ignore the liars and they will be happy fooling themselves that we are blind.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Abagworo:

I'm a witness. The new stadium is almost completed with very lovely landscaping. I passed it enroute Ekwulobia recently. The best thing is to ignore the liars and they will be happy fooling themselves that we are blind.

All of you paid bloggers, it's only a JJC that does not know you all.

Keep on fooling your principal. You and your Principal don't seem to understand that a time shall come soon when you shall be out of Douglas House, Owerri.
By then, it shall be one against the council.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
mandax:
B2mario,
I have got no time for any N100 per comment blogger.
You still haven't found a job?
Lol, Anambra man with chestbeating and bragging. Can we see face to face?
You have a job and you always sleep on Nairaland. A political jobbler.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Abagworo:

leave that tout, from his grama and comments you can see that we need to contribute money and send him to school.

That guy can lie.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
mandax:

All of you paid bloggers, it's only a JJC that does not know you all.

Keep on fooling your principal. You and your Principal don't seem to understand that a time shall come soon when you shall be out of Douglas House, Owerri.
By then, it shall be one against the council.

you are the paid blogger, who is on the verge of discrediting Rochas of his good work.

Iti, you've failed already so stop disturbing people with your fake informations here. We know the truth.

Beside, are you an Imolite?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 7:31am On Apr 26, 2016
How to create more millionaires in Imo state:

Millionaires can be created through a planned means. It pains my heart that the people in government lack the knowledge of basic economics. Let's go to the matter. Creating MILLIONAIRES require only one thing:

Every money generated in Imo state should be spent in Imo state.

However, this is not possible in our present economic state. We can however achieve 70 percent of retaining money in the state. Let's ask ourselves these few questions:

Why should Imo state government give contracts majorly to foreigners?

Why should every produce be sourced from aside the state?

Why give petty labor work to northerners and Togolese?

Why buy clothing and apparel from outside the state?

Bottom line: Rochas should forget his factory factory job job mantra. Localize government expenditure encourage local production and consumption. If money is in the hands of the common man, they will invest in the state and the economy will boom.

Watch out for part 2. Critical analysis and contributions are welcome.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:29am On Apr 26, 2016
Pchidexy:
How to create more millionaires in Imo state:

Millionaires can be created through a planned means. It pains my heart that the people in government lack the knowledge of basic economics. Let's go to the matter. Creating MILLIONAIRES require only one thing:

Every money generated in Imo state should be spent in Imo state.

However, this is not possible in our present economic state. We can however achieve 70 percent of retaining money in the state. Let's ask ourselves these few questions:

Why should Imo state government give contracts majorly to foreigners?

Why should every produce be sourced from aside the state?

Why give petty labor work to northerners and Togolese?

Why buy clothing and apparel from outside the state?

Bottom line: Rochas should forget his factory factory job job mantra. Localize government expenditure encourage local production and consumption. If money is in the hands of the common man, they will invest in the state and the economy will boom.

Watch out for part 2. Critical analysis and contributions are welcome.

Imo is not doing badly in terms of wealth. We are one of the richest States in Nigeria if based on average wealth distribution. Our Government is not wealthy as a result of many factors which existed from colonial era. The major markets, industries and transport hubs have always been in Onitsha, Aba and Enugu. What we should do is to continue building on tourism because that is where Imo has an edge. It will take a while but believe you me it's gradually paying off. It will not take up to 15 years more.

Many Naira Billionaires from Rivers State have either quietly relocated to Owerri, own a Hotel there or are erecting a mansion to move in before year end. What do you think is the reason?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2016
Abagworo:

Imo is not doing badly in terms of wealth. We are one of the richest States in Nigeria if based on average wealth distribution. Our Government is not wealthy as a result of many factors which existed from colonial era. The major markets, industries and transport hubs have always been in Onitsha, Aba and Enugu. What we should do is to continue building on tourism because that is where Imo has an edge. It will take a while but believe you me it's gradually paying off. It will not take up to 15 years more.

Many Naira Billionaires from Rivers State have either quietly relocated to Owerri, own a Hotel there or are erecting a mansion to move in before year end. What do you think is the reason?

We don't know the reason? Pls, tell us.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2016
Abagworo:

My dear, I know that Imo state can boast of assorted number of rich individuals. There is no doubt about this. What I'm saying is how a calculated effort can be made to produce more millionaires. You catch my drift?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2016
Abagworo:

for the last paragraph because of high criminality in rivers?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2016
asha80:
for the last paragraph because of high criminality in rivers?

That is to the gain of Imo economy. Noticed Imo got a new mass transit scheme but I dislike the use of Okorocha poster on the buses. They should have been left bare as they came. I wish Okorocha could stop these self advert as it kind of makes his efforts less appreciative. His handlers should please give him a good advice as Government comes and goes. The only thing he has not done is making his aids put on clothes designed with his pictures.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pchidexy(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2016
I saw the buses at the govt house chapel too. I don't really know where they ply.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Abagworo:

That is to the gain of Imo economy. Noticed Imo got a new mass transit scheme but I dislike the use of Okorocha poster on the buses. They should have been left bare as they came. I wish Okorocha could stop these self advert as it kind of makes his efforts less appreciative. His handlers should please give him a good advice as Government comes and goes. The only thing he has not done is making his aids put on clothes designed with his pictures.
okorocha suffers from narcissism...I am not sure how you have not noticed by now

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nature129(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
obiapkor:
my friend keep quiet enough of your rants are you the only person from orlu? your hatred for Rochas would kill you one day,commend the man for keeping to his promise of completing all the projects he started,did he tell you he cannot buy the equipments needed for those hospitals, and when that is done you would still be the one to come here and complain that the he bought Chinese equipments,my friend change your ways.

Don't mind the guy. Every day he keeps ranting. Anyi agagbafuru ya biko?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ujoatu(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
Rochas Is Working

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Abagworo:

nice buses. I hope they are well maintained.

up Rochas!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by adimsmt: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
Pchidexy:
I saw the buses at the govt house chapel too. I don't really know where they ply.

I'll advice Imolites to boycott the use of this buses until he remove all his pictures on this buses because this was not his personal business he has no right what so ever to use tax payers money in the name self promotion, and this is what all this stupidity all about (self promotion).

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by amaco12(m): 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
adimsmt:

I'll advice Imolites to boycott the use of this buses until he remove all his pictures on this buses because this was not his personal business he has no right what so ever to use tax payers money in the name self promotion, and this is what all this stupidity all about (self promotion).
we love it that way,so go and rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
adimsmt:

asha80:
okorocha suffers from narcissism...I am not sure how you have not noticed by now

I agree with you and he needs to visit a Doctor. It seems him and Obiano are doing billboard competition. What a shame. This was equally sited at MCC Road which his Government is dualising. I wish I could just go knock those things off the road.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha90: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hopeless old ugly man. Stop mentioning Obiano and Okoroawusa on the same sentence, it's an insult. I just hope you want this thread to suffer tonight! Stop mentioning Anambra and it's people here. You have been warned!

[s]
Abagworo:

I agree with you and he needs to visit a Doctor. It seems him and Obiano are doing billboard competition. What a shame. This was equally sited at MCC Road which his Government is dualising. I wish I could just go knock those things off the road.
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Okorocha and his obsession with display of pictures. Obiano is also guilty. All his clothes are self customized. grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha90: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Madam Saliu, I respect you as a mother but you all should focus on discussing your state here and leave us out of it. I can't imagine myself writing Okoroawusa on the same paper with Obiano. What a slight.

Beremx:
Okorocha and his obsession with display of pictures.
Obiano is also guilty. All his clothes are self customized. grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Beremx:
Okorocha and his obsession with display of pictures.
Obiano is also guilty. All his clothes are self customized. grin

I have tried to figure out the logic behind the pictures but could not. He could have simply used his popular "rescue mission" slogan. The State might be losing millions monthly to these unnecessary self praising adverts .

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.