Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2411219 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ozibe: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2018
OreMI22:

I must commend Rochas for finally planting trees along the streets of Owerri.
Using standard street light and No longer all sorts of silly structures to illuminate the street.

Very nice!

Those trees are artificial. I passed that road and ellen sirleaf road today, and I must say I am impressed with the pace of development in Owerri especially real estate, supported by road expansion even though they are of low quality.

Owerri makes me feel like I am in lekki.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ozibe:

Those trees are artificial. I passed that road and elen sarleaf road today, and I must say I am impressed with the pace of development in Owerri, supported by road expansion even though they are of low quality.

Owerri makes me feel like I am in lekki.

No wonder Abagworo didn't say anything about the trees because he knew they were fake plastics and not a real tree.

It often shocks me why we buy trees meant for desert cities where it would be impossible for plants to grow, instead planting the real things since we live in a rainforest environment.

These are some of the reason people think Rochas development projects are artificial, fake and low quality. Why import fake trees when grasses and trees can grow wildly even in the Bush in our environment?

Bikonu, What does it cost to plant a real tree in Southeast Nigeria in the heart of the rain-forest belt of Africa??

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ozibe: 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

No wonder Abagworo didn't say anything about the trees because he knew they were fake plastics and not a real tree.

It often shocks me why we buy trees meant for desert cities where it would be impossible for plants to grow, instead planting the real things since we live in a rainforest environment.

These are some of the reason people think Rochas development projects are artificial, fake and low quality. Why import fake trees when grasses and trees can grow wildly even in the Bush in our environment?

What does it cost to plant a real tree?

Well it doesn’t take away the fact that the road has been expanded and it is worth commendation

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ozibe:

Well it doesn’t take away the fact that the road has been expanded and it is worth commendation

It doesn't! We should STOP applauding mediocre leadership in Igboland and Nigeria! Building roads just as every other governor does is not exactly sort of stuff i'd be clapping for. It is shocking that except Enugu, any typical Igbo city resembles Agadez or Sirte in Libya where there are no trees or vegetation cover along their roads. Yet, Igboland is in a rain-forest belt and not a desert! WHY??

Every other African city in the same belt takes advantage of the rain-forest belt to ensure the city has adequate vegetation cover and ambiance. If Rochas planted trees and completely changed the ambiance of the city, then his effort would undoubtedly be commendable.

Until we have folks who believe in transforming Nigeria from perpetually looking like a 3rd world dungeon into the standard seen in those foreign countries where they visit, i'm not impressed with mere tarring of streets.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ozibe: 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

It doesn't! We should STOP applauding mediocre leadership in Igboland and Nigeria! Building roads just as every other governor does is not exactly sort of stuff i'd be clapping for. It is shocking that except Enugu, any typical Igbo city resembles Agadez or Sirte in Libya where there are no trees or vegetation cover along their roads. Yet, Igboland is in a rain-forest belt and not a desert! WHY??

Every other African city in the same belt takes advantage of the rain-forest belt to ensure the city has adequate vegetation cover and ambiance. If Rochas planted trees and completely changed the ambiance of the city, then his effort would undoubtedly be commendable.

Until we have folks who believe in transforming Nigeria from perpetually looking like a 3rd world dungeon into the standard seen in those foreign countries where they visit, i'm not impressed with mere tarring of streets.
No fault in ur opinion. My point was just to atleast appreciate the expansions. Up coming governors can take off from where he stopped. The expanded roads are like the structure of the house. They can be renovated and brought to modernity at anytime but the structure remains the same and can either be added to it or brought down completely to be rebuilt. You get my gist?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

Tell them, my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 12:01am On Dec 30, 2018
Ozibe:

No fault in ur opinion. My point was just to atleast appreciate the expansions. Up coming governors can take off from where he stopped. The expanded roads are like the structure of the house. They can be renovated and brought to modernity at anytime but the structure remains the same and can either be added to it or brought down completely to be rebuilt. You get my gist?

In the previous page, i did mention that quality of the road is transient. As long as the future governors maintain it, it's okay that he paved the roads. Therefore, I am not saying that the expansion of roads is a bad thing. All i have said is that i typically don't clap for governors for simply expanding roads that they got Federal allocation to do precisely that. Even the worst fool in the world can be governor and simply get money from FG and call a few people to go and expand roads so he will give them the money he received. What is the big skill there which deserves clapping for them?

On the other hand, if a Governor takes the extra steps of asking landscapers to move in and plant REAL trees and flowers to beautify and transform the environment. Create real pedestrian paths and lawns, underground drainage gutters and other facilities to remove the constant 3rd world written on all our cities, then i will applaud that governor greatly for taking extra steps to bring the state into a committee of developed cities. That is what i'm saying. I don't see why you will be clapping because he gave money he received to people to go and expand roads.

I am tired of the constant substandard approach of southeast governors to every project that they touch.Except perhaps for Gov. Umahi, NONE of the SE Govs ever thinks about how to make truly high quality project that will compete with what they see everyday in Europe, Asia and America. If they want to build university or library, they will choose the same design of 1960 that Zik or Okpara built then for lack of funds. They will NEVER copy modern or decent ways on doing things. That is my greatest concern.

Most of the things we are asking for in Nigeria will cost next to nothing to implement. But we lack caring leaders who want to do good and not merely to find projects they will use to embezzle the funds given to them by FG. So in that case, finishing and high quality are not important in their consideration.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

Okorocha planted trees on some roads but I think the artificial ones are also good especially in busy areas where human activities distort the survival and growth of the trees. I've not been chanced to visit Owerri this season but sure will 1st quater of 2019.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
ChimaAgbalajob:

On the other hand, if a Governor takes the extra steps of asking landscapers to move in and plant REAL trees and flowers to beautify and transform the environment. Create real pedestrian paths and lawns, underground drainage gutters and other facilities to remove the constant 3rd world written on all our cities, then i will applaud that governor greatly for taking extra steps to bring the state into a committee of developed cities.

Watch this video. Okorocha is replicating what he sees in Europe at Owerri but it's gradual as a result of limited funds but slowly and steadily he is getting it done. That's why continuity is needed so that the entire works will add up in no distant time. Apart from Abuja or Lagos I doubt if there's any other Nigerian city with the level of road infrastructure Okorocha is putting up. Tree planting which you emphasize on is a stage which comes after completion of roads, sidewalks, sidearms and landscaping. Okorocha is doing exactly your wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IY4DcrAtxc

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2018
Work resumes on orlu stadium

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
sanctity454:

Where is the man always writing about how Okorocha is not doing anything in Orlu?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:08am On Jan 02, 2019
ChimaAgbalajob:

Oga,
Rochas has done well to create the roads! No road lasts forever!

The next administration must have a standby road maintenance agency to immediately fix potholes when they appear. So that the roads will last a long time. That is how it is done around the world. The roads are maintained to last long, else they cannot last forever!

Rochas now needs to embark on planting palm or pine trees along ALL major roads in Owerri to give it a conducive garden ambiance. Please, no more funny looking light decorations or concrete arches on roads.

PLEASE JUST PLANT MORE TREES ALONG MAJOR ROADS IN OWERRI.

If I may say, isn't the concentration too much in Owerri? I'm sure there r local governments that needs his attention.

Can anyone give update on that underpass constructed on d way to Obinze that gets flooded during rain. Have a solution been provided for t?

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:10am On Jan 02, 2019
ChimaAgbalajob:

Bikonu, What does it cost to plant a real tree in Southeast Nigeria in the heart of the rain-forest belt of Africa??

Which state are those pix from? Really beautiful
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2019
Abagworo:

Okorocha planted trees on some roads but I think the artificial ones are also good especially in busy areas where human activities distort the survival and growth of the trees. I've not been chanced to visit Owerri this season but sure will 1st quater of 2019.

Same here, haven't been home for few years now, but will enter 1st quarter for a PG research work on the educational system of IMO state.

Would really love to c these developments
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
sanctity454:

From available information, Orlu Stadium is fully grassed with synthetic turf and is nearly completed. Okorocha has no rival in achievement.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
Abagworo:

From available information, Orlu Stadium is fully grassed with synthetic turf and is nearly completed. Okorocha has no rival in achievement.
Hoping to get pictures
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
Abagworo:

Watch this video. Okorocha is replicating what he sees in Europe at Owerri but it's gradual as a result of limited funds but slowly and steadily he is getting it done. That's why continuity is needed so that the entire works will add up in no distant time. Apart from Abuja or Lagos I doubt if there's any other Nigerian city with the level of road infrastructure Okorocha is putting up. Tree planting which you emphasize on is a stage which comes after completion of roads, sidewalks, sidearms and landscaping. Okorocha is doing exactly your wish.

Which Europe? You have not been to Europe.
In Europe he would "replicate" in the three major urban centres of this state - or he gets sacked next election.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Abagworo:

You told your readers here in 2014 that the Orlu stadium would be commissioned in December 2014.
Now upload the synthetic pitch turfs like you did that of OKigwe when it was built.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2019
Abagworo:

You're right baba, don't mind haters and never do well
Update on orlu stadium

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
sanctity454:

Update on orlu stadium
Congrats.

See floodlight pole. Just one sweet breeze, it's down and out.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
Let Rochas make Orlu rejoin his political train by:

1) complete this stadium.

2) complete Orlu drainage gutter - just bring three tractors and four policemen to site and demonstrate commitment to finish the digging in about ten days.

3) asphalt the roads his contractors abandoned since 2013.

He failed to do the water supply project which motivated Orlu most in 2011 to follow his political train.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
jamjo:

Tell them, my brother.

Simply buying REAL TREES such as the ones in the picture below and planting all over Owerri roads should not be too exorbitant. I always wonder why Nigerian politicians always prefer expensive and Fake rubbish instead of the real things.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Abagworo:

The expansive new road is a commendable effort, but you need to call the gov't out when failings are noticed so they don't get too drunk with praise!

Looking at the video you made, what sticks out like a sore thumb and ruins the otherwise nice job is the arid nature of the surrounding environment! It doesn't look like a city located in the rain-forest belt of the continent!

Saying the job isn't finished yet is just looking for excuses...it looks finished to me!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
Xander85:

The expansive new road is a commendable effort, but you need to call the gov't out when failings are noticed so they don't get too drunk with praise!

Looking at the video you made, what sticks out like a sore thumb and ruins the otherwise nice job is the arid nature of the surrounding environment! It doesn't look like a city located in the rain-forest belt of the continent!

Saying the job isn't finished yet is just looking for excuses...it looks finished to me!

Arid nature of the surrounding environment? Let's urge Okorocha govt (or next gov) to decorate the front-yards of every house on all those boulevards in Owerri to make the environment not look arid. Who cares that Owerri is not the only place in Imo state that needs to be modern? Sorry for rest of Imo state outside this Owerri where people believe a state was created for governors to develop only the state capital.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2019
Xander85:

Yeah the road itself is completed while work is ongoing with streetlights and sidewalks installation. Tree planting will be next and during raining season not now. The ones completed earlier last year were grassed with palm trees and coniferous trees.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Abagworo:

Yeah the road itself is completed while work is ongoing with streetlights and sidewalks installation. Tree planting will be next and during raining season not now. The ones completed earlier last year were grassed with palm trees and coniferous trees.

Oga,

Only children will believe your tales. Rochas can plant trees now. Rochas will not be Governor by the rainy season period in June this year. If Rochas cares about changing the ambiance of Owerri, let him plant the REAL trees TODAY!

One of the greatest achievement of Sullivan Chime in Enugu was that he resurfaced all the major roads and planted flowers & trees simultaneously. So it was a complete job! Chime didn't leave any part of his responsibility for the next governor claiming excuse of "rainy season".

By the next rainy season, the new governor in Imo State will continue the bull crap load of excuses of "studying" where the last regime stopped to see where they will plant trees and all that crap. It isn't rocket science to buy potted trees and transplant them along Owerri major roads. They will survive

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
sanctity454:

Update on orlu stadium

So your earlier pix wasn't recent?

Bia, enyia..... Lemme not talk

Don't mind me
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
Amah70:

Arid nature of the surrounding environment? Let's urge Okorocha govt (or next gov) to decorate the front-yards of every house on all those boulevards in Owerri to make the environment not look arid. Who cares that Owerri is not the only place in Imo state that needs to be modern? Sorry for rest of Imo state outside this Owerri where people believe a state was created for governors to develop only the state capital.

I think this was why I asked the other time, and no one answered. Isn't there too much concentration of projects in only Owerri? I'm sure other LGAs r crying out for help

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2019
Abagworo:

Sir, have a solution been found for the terrible holdup that always surfaces at Warehouse?

Also, the underpass that was constructed along FUTO road, I think its called Port Harcourt road or so, its always flooded during d rains, have a solution been found for it? I'll really love to know.

Its funny to say, but looking at the constructive criticisms here, I'm sure if Rochas peeps into this thread once in a while and follows through on the complaints, Imo would have been greater than it presently is. Loooooooooooooooool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
Owerri southern Nigeria best kept secret

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Just needs a vibrant private sector

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.