Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2406530 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
sonature1:

As his administration slides into its twilight, I hope his successor will have someone who will be as active as you are to keep bringing us development in our state as it happens. Beyond criticism, Abagworo has done an amazing job on this thread. I appreciate u.

Ndewo, nwanne!

Before Okorocha I was already on Nairaland and didn't support his election because as at then I believed in rotation of power among the 3 zones which Okorocha's emergence destroyed and the real reason for all the political brouhaha in Imo today.

In essence when he leaves, I will still continue with the thread on development except his successor stops.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
Ongoing construction of new Imo State University of Science and Technology at Umuna in Onuimo by Okorocha led government. This includes building and construction of internal roads.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2019
More from Onuimo

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
New Ikeduru LGA secretariat at Iho nearing completion

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2019
Okorocha inspects ongoing work at new Orlu Stadium

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:45am On Jan 23, 2019
Ofuzo:

Take your anger against okorocha by not voting for him and his son in law. Stop whining about okorocha on nairaland because he doesn't read comments here. The proof of that is your past whining have not done any good. If it hasn't done any good, why keep coming here day in, day out whinning about what owerri is getting and what orlu is not getting.

You love Okorocha's injustice of using federal allocations meant for development of Orlu municipal to develop Owerri,

one example: build eight lane streets in Owerri, while humans live on dilapidated two lane streets in Orlu, threatened by rain floods owing to uncompleted urban drainage project of IMSG.

Whoever loves or propagates injustice and evil must have injustice and evil on his doorsteps.
Karma. It's already at work in Imo state.

When you open your own Nairaland, don't expect me to comment there.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2019
mandax:

You love Okorocha's injustice of using federal allocations meant for development of Orlu municipal to develop Owerri,

one example: build eight lane streets in Owerri, while humans live on dilapidated two lane streets in Orlu, threatened by rain floods owing to uncompleted urban drainage project of IMSG.

Whoever loves or propagates injustice and evil must have injustice and evil on his doorsteps.
Karma. It's already at work in Imo state.

When you open your own Nairaland, don't expect me to comment there.

I'm a christian, so, I really don't believe in karma. Karma is hindu bullshit which people use to comfort themselves because they have no other way of retaliating against injustice, perceived or otherwise.

I'm a news wonk, who enjoy perusing wherever possible which usually lands me in odd places like nairaland. Nigeria as a country with it's 100 cities is a total and complete messhole. As a matter of fact, the country is about 200 years behind western countries. I know exactly where nigeria is heading and I said so here on nairaland a few months back. A few weeks after I said that nigeria was heading the way of india, where 300 million people were shiiting on top of 1 billion people, the UN announced that nigeria has overtaken india as the country that have the highest percentage of poor people in the world.

The problems in nigeria is skin deep. It will take an earthquake to solve it's problems. Imo state and the rest of the nigerian states have the resources to make meaningful changes that can lead to rapid development, but, you really have to go back to square one to achieve the desired results. The reason is very simple; nigerians have done practically everything the wrong way for a very long time. I mean, practically everything. For starters, it's absolute nonsense to build cities in people's villages. It just doesn't work. Cities should be built on virgin land. If and when you decide to build cities in people's villages, the occupants of the villages should be relocated to a different area.

All cities in nigeria should have executive mayors with the power to tax it's residents from which to fund it's budget. This is the practice in developed countries. The mayor of Baltimore City in Maryland taxes it's residents. The taxes are used to build roads and bridges, build schools, pay for teachers salaries, pay for city police officers, fire department officers, environmental agency workers, and city workers. The state of Maryland doesn't perform these functions I just mentioned for the city , neither do the fund it. Of course, Baltimore do get minimal grants from the state government, which in my estimation cannot be more than 20% of state budget. This is exactly what should be happening in nigeria. This is the only way to develop the country. What is happening in nigeria and nigerian states with their centralized system of government is an abomination.

The country will never move forward with this system. Orlu city will never advance with this system. I tried to educate you folks on the way forward. Scroll back several pages of this thread to read my essays. I also posted on enugu thread on the same subjects.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ofuzo:

I'm a christian, so, I really don't believe in karma. Karma is hindu bullshit which people use to comfort themselves because they have no other way of retaliating against injustice, perceived or otherwise.

I'm a news wonk, who enjoy perusing wherever possible which usually lands me in odd places like nairaland. Nigeria as a country with it's 100 cities is a total and complete messhole. As a matter of fact, the country is about 200 years behind western countries. I know exactly where nigeria is heading and I said so here on nairaland a few months back. A few weeks after I said that nigeria was heading the way of india, where 300 million people were shiiting on top of 1 billion people, the UN announced that nigeria has overtaken india as the country that have the highest percentage of poor people in the world.

The problems in nigeria is skin deep. It will take an earthquake to solve it's problems. Imo state and the rest of the nigerian states have the resources to make meaningful changes that can lead to rapid development, but, you really have to go back to square one to achieve the desired results. The reason is very simple; nigerians have done practically everything the wrong way for a very long time. I mean, practically everything. For starters, it's absolute nonsense to build cities in people's villages. It just doesn't work. Cities should be built on virgin land. If and when you decide to build cities in people's villages, the occupants of the villages should be relocated to a different area.

All cities in nigeria should have executive mayors with the power to tax it's residents from which to fund it's budget. This is the practice in developed countries. The mayor of Baltimore City in Maryland taxes it's residents. The taxes are used to build roads and bridges, build schools, pay for teachers salaries, pay for city police officers, fire department officers, environmental agency workers, and city workers. The state of Maryland doesn't perform these functions I just mentioned for the city , neither do the fund it. Of course, Baltimore do get minimal grants from the state government, which in my estimation cannot be more than 20% of state budget. This is exactly what should be happening in nigeria. This is the only way to develop the country. What is happening in nigeria and nigerian states with their centralized system of government is an abomination.

The country will never move forward with this system. Orlu city will never advance with this system. I tried to educate you folks on the way forward. Scroll back several pages of this thread to read my essays. I also posted on enugu thread on the same subjects.

It's too late to build cities in Nigeria so what we're doing is adjustment and improvement of already disorganized clusters which we call cities. Is this peculiar to Nigeria and Africa? The answer is no but ours is worse. We believe so much in tribe and village of origin that asking us to vacate our ancient homeland for a city to be built on it is practically impossible. The North probably has the land for such but never Southeast.

I had to capture this google image of Imo/Anambra for you to choose the villages to relocate and which land to build the new city but as you can see it's a conglomerate of village after village turning to semi-urban everyday.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Asshurbanipall: 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Useless old man focus on your useless Imo state and leave our state alone.

Abagworo:

It's too late to build cities in Nigeria so what we're doing is adjustment and improvement of already disorganized clusters which we call cities. Is this peculiar to Nigeria and Africa? The answer is no but ours is worse. We believe so much in tribe and village of origin that asking us to vacate our ancient homeland for a city to be built on it is practically impossible. The North probably has the land for such but never Southeast.
I had to capture this google image of Imo/Anambra for you to choose the villages to relocate and which land to build the new city but as you can see it's a conglomerate of village after village turning to semi-urban everyday.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ofuzo:

All cities[b] in nigeria should have executive mayors with the power to tax it's residents from which to fund it's budget. This is the practice in developed countries. The mayor of Baltimore City in [/b]Maryland taxes it's residents. The taxes are used to build roads and bridges, build schools, pay for teachers salaries, pay for city police officers, fire department officers, environmental agency workers, and city workers. The state of Maryland doesn't perform these functions I just mentioned for the city , neither do the fund it. Of course, Baltimore do get minimal grants from the state government, which in my estimation cannot be more than 20% of state budget. This is exactly what should be happening in nigeria. This is the only way to develop the country. What is happening in nigeria and nigerian states with their centralized system of government is an abomination.

Your words in bold above:
[all cities ... should have Mayors to raise tax from city residents to develop their cities;]

your words corroborated what I have been saying that it's most foolish for a state governor to collect allocations meant for the development of Imo state's 27 LGAs and uses the money to build what suits the governor's fancy in Owerri.

Any body who uses any excuse to defend such lopsided development in Imo state is either a cheat or a moroooon.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
mandax:

[all cities ... should have Mayors to raise tax from city residents to develop their cities;]

your words corroborated what I have been saying that it's most foolish for a state governor to collect allocations meant for the development of Imo state's 27 LGAs and uses the money to build what suits the governor's fancy in Owerri.

Any body who uses any excuse to defend such lopsided development in Imo state is either a cheat or a moroooon.

You don't seem to get the gist of what I'm saying. Like I told you before, if you don't like how okorocha is managing the state resources, simply make use of your PVC and vote against him. Coming to nairaland everyday and whining about it isn't doing you any good. Everyday, you are just crying about what owerri is getting and what orlu is not getting. Your crying is falling on deaf ears.

The gist of my last post though, is this; if federal and state governments of nigeria are not restructured, you will be crying about orlu for the next 1000 years regardless who the governor is. Okorocha was not the only governor to neglect orlu and he definitely won't be the last. There won't be any meaningful development in nigeria until power is devolved all the way to our village councils. There's no place or country in the world that runs the kind of system you have in nigeria. WHAT YOU HAVE IN NIGERIA IS AN ABOMINATION, AND IT WILL NEVER WORK.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ofuzo:

You don't seem to get the gist of what I'm saying. Like I told you before, if you don't like how okorocha is managing the state resources, simply make use of your PVC and vote against him. Coming to nairaland everyday and whining about it isn't doing you any good. Everyday, you are just crying about what owerri is getting and what orlu is not getting. Your crying is falling on deaf ears.

The gist of my last post though, is this; if federal and state governments of nigeria are not restructured, you will be crying about orlu for the next 1000 years regardless who the governor is. Okorocha was not the only governor to neglect orlu and he definitely won't be the last. There won't be any meaningful development in nigeria until power is devolved all the way to our village councils. There's no place or country in the world that runs the kind of system you have in nigeria. WHAT YOU HAVE IN NIGERIA IS AN ABOMINATION, AND IT WILL NEVER WORK.

My brother, you are on point.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
mandax:

The gist of my last post though, is this; if federal and state governments of nigeria are not restructured, you will be crying about orlu for the next 1000 years regardless who the governor is. Okorocha was not the only governor to neglect orlu and he definitely won't be the last. Orlu should have an executive mayor. So also should owerri and okigwe. As a matter of fact, any town that reaches a certain population number like say, 50,000 people, should be made to have a mayor. Allowing the imo state governor to run the entire state government and also micromanage the development of it's three big cities is a big joke of monumental proportion.

There won't be any meaningful development in nigeria until power is devolved all the way to our village councils. There's no place or country in the world that runs the kind of system you have in nigeria. WHAT YOU HAVE IN NIGERIA IS AN ABOMINATION THAT WILL NEVER WORK.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
I think if owerri should become an interesting place
The upcoming governor has to
1 focus on roads
2then properly landscape
3 get rid of shabby posters and sign boards like ohakim did
4 visit oguta
5 complete all the projects Rocha' is commissioning
6 if possible complete ohakims good projects too and ensure water at the three zones
7 clean up owerri city drainages and western cement
Replace it with greenliness
The check for all tourism potientials
Like akachi park
Centenary city
Otamiri and nworie widening
Centenary towers
Streetlighting
Oguta city
Smicairpot
Heroes statues
Road road road road
Tree tree Tree tree
Green green green green
Clean clean clean clean
And then people should migrate to 15+ storey buildings
Okigwe industry
Orlu production and industry
Okigwe rice
Owerri and orlu agriculture
Okigwe and orlu good road
Okigwe rice
Orlu development
Okigwe development
Okigwe zone power plant
And ohaji power plant
Green green green
Road road road
Tourism for owerri
Industry for okigwe and orlu
Production for orlu
Ceramics okigwe clay

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Javierleon:
I think if owerri should become an interesting place
The upcoming governor has to
1 focus on roads
2then properly landscape
3 get rid of shabby posters and sign boards like ohakim did
4 visit oguta
5 complete all the projects Rocha' is commissioning
6 if possible complete ohakims good projects too and ensure water at the three zones
7 clean up owerri city drainages and western cement
Replace it with greenliness
The check for all tourism potientials
Like akachi park
Centenary city
Otamiri and nworie widening
Centenary towers
Streetlighting
Oguta city
Smicairpot
Heroes statues
Road road road road
Tree tree Tree tree
Green green green green
Clean clean clean clean
And then people should migrate to 15+ storey buildings
Okigwe industry
Orlu production and industry
Okigwe rice
Owerri and orlu agriculture
Okigwe and orlu good road
Okigwe rice
Orlu development
Okigwe development
Okigwe zone power plant
And ohaji power plant
Green green green
Road road road
Tourism for owerri
Industry for okigwe and orlu
Production for orlu
Ceramics okigwe clay
Move or decentralize imsu into multicampus university
complete all new hospitals and sell them to private firms or churches.
Hand over running of primary and secondary school to churches
construct roads in inner villages in densly populated areas especially eastern axis Imo.
Start up a long term housing projects - Multistorey housing system.
Dedicate new owerri as strictly Business District and not as housing area.
Extend housing projects to orlu and okigwe zones.
Start up new mini business destricts at okigwe and orlu zones.
Priorities Maths, science and technology education for primary and secondary students
Build Technical hubs in the three zones. Priority should be in owerri cus of comparative advantages.
Encourage Mordern farming practices.
Complete Ohaji power plant and integrate into imo state power transmission.
Exploit gas reserves to woo investors.
Encourage more Hospitality investments.
Expand govts internally generated revenue and work towards self sustainability.
Reconstruct, and expand economic roads and routes to as least 8 lanes.
-Port harcourt road
-Onitsha road
-Aba road
-Orlu road
-Okigwe/Enugu road.
Encourage and improve the pharmaceutical industry at orlu and construct and institute of pharmacy and drug manufacturing.
Factories for domestic consumption.
Factories for international consumption.
Agriculture for industrial use
A healthy and educated citizenry can not be over emphasized.

You can add yours...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Incredibleme:

Move.... IMSU from {Owerri to Orlu zone which has nothing}..

Moving IMSU to Orlu zone shall be the beginning of overall development of Imo state.

Not showing us forced development in Owerri as development of Imo state.

With a public - not private - university in Orlu area, businesses and housing estates start to spring up. The area starts to attract govt development projects.

We have about 7 public tertiary education institutions in Imo state all in or nearest Owerri. This is a curse to the other zones in Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
I'm loving it guys,

We gotta keep keeping on, Keep talking the talk, till we get it right, injustice against one is injustice against all, one for all, all for one,,, there is nothing to celebrate not until justice is served.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Couple of years ago, these places were overgrown bushes,
The transformation is jaw dropping.

Credit - project_360

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2019
arinzeejikonye:

Credit - project_360

When you write couple of years ago people might think you mean 2011 not knowing here was empty 2014. The wise decision of creating this road network and siting the new court changed the landscape. 2ndly there has been high influx of people into Imo State to an extent that Ogbaku is now a township. Infact a drive from Owerri to Ogbaku can be mistaken for a drive within Owerri city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
arinzeejikonye:
I'm loving it guys,

We gotta keep keeping on, Keep talking the talk, till we get it right, injustice against one is injustice against all, one for all, all for one,,, there is nothing to celebrate not until justice is served.

INJUSTICE TO ONE GROUP IN A STATE IS INJUSTICE TO ALL IN THE STATE.

The unjust development pattern in Imo state is worse, compared with any of the other 35 states in Nigeria, but worsened by gov Okorocha.

Guess why irrespective of what grandiose developments of Okorocha in Owerri, he remains the most abused governor in Nigeria.

If the next governor goes the way of Okorocha, OWERRI, OWERRI, he risks getting booted out of office prematurely.

Okorocha lasted because in 2015, he literally selected members of IMHA.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
arinzeejikonye:

Credit - project_360
errm can tress be planted around these places?imo is is right smack in the tropical rain forest belt

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
asha80:
errm can tress be planted around these places?imo is is right smack in the tropical rain forest belt

You meant trees,

Yeah Including flowers and shrubs.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
kikake:

The unjust development pattern in Imo state is worse, compared with any of the other 35 states in Nigeria, but worsened by gov Okorocha.

Guess why irrespective of what grandiose developments of Okorocha in Owerri, he remains the most abused governor in Nigeria.

If the next governor goes the way of Okorocha, OWERRI, OWERRI, he risks getting booted out of office prematurely.

Preach on bro,

Just easy on your exaggerations.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2019
Abagworo:

When you write couple of years ago people might think you mean 2011 not knowing here was empty 2014. The wise decision of creating this road network and siting the new court changed the landscape. 2ndly there has been high influx of people into Imo State to an extent that Ogbaku is now a township. Infact a drive from Owerri to Ogbaku can be mistaken for a drive within Owerri city.

Check out the other half, things are changing astronomically.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
arinzeejikonye:

This road was opened late 2017 to link with Port Harcourt road through to Douglas road via Area H and Nekede. It's a continuation of earlier opened road but not yet tarred and within this short period they've already built houses. I think it's called Area U.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 12:31am On Jan 29, 2019
kikake:

This your narrative you keep repeating is false and I'll keep reminding you it's false every chance I get. You talked about unjust development in owerri which is worse than the the other 36 states of the federation. Like I said a million times, this is not true. There's no other city nigeria that have developed rapidly as owerri in the last seven years since okorocha came to power. Absolutely none.

Sure, a lot of people don't like okorocha for one reason or the other, but the man came in and started building stuff. I personally don't like him for other reasons too, like not awarding contracts to reputable contractors who will do really very good job. But I like the guy for his free education system (the first in the SE) and more importantly, his urban renewal projects in owerri. There MUST be urban renewal projects in nigeria because, from day one, we practically built everything the wrong way. The urban renewal projects in owerri is far from being perfect, but it's better than nothing. Let's at least give credit to okorocha for thinking about this novel idea.

In the US, the one single barometer that is used to judge the rebirth of cities are urban renewal projects. I witnessed it first hand in Washington DC. By the late eighties, the city was dead, after an exodus of white people to the rapidly developing suburbs that started in the 60's. When this happened, the black population of the city shot up to 75% The city started coming back to life when this trend of moving to the suburbs by it's wealthy white residents were reversed in the late 90%'s. Today, with the city population being about 50% white and 50% black, the urban renewal which has continued unabated is a wonder to behold. Vast dilapidated areas of the city, especially around capitol hill with it's new baseball and soccer stadium are now full of mixed used developments.

Anybody living in DC in the eighties and today can hardly believe the turnaround. DC is back to being a world class city once again.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 1:11am On Jan 29, 2019
arinzeejikonye:

Good development but our people need to start building up.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Opening soon! Market Square Mall and Kilimanjaro restaurant along Orlu Amakohia road.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 29, 2019
Within the next two years owerri is going to have at least eight good superstores or malls, quote me
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MyGeneration(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
To me since industries are yet to come onboard, why doesn't the state government focus on agriculture at least to fuel the hotels and restaurants needs and that of imo residents for the mean time.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2019
New life oak event center owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
Tonight we gonna cross that line on Imo state,

Roll with me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.