Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2406904 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Assumpta -ibari ogwa -ph road almost done

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Looks suspect
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maadoo: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=sanctity454 post=90422543]Assumpta -ibari ogwa -ph road almost done[/quote

Poor quality job

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Which contractor did this poor job?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Big ups everyone for keeping the flame of the thread burning,

More lubricants to your pivots,

Bumped on a doc.on futo and her environs in eziobodo,thought I should share.

Shout out to prospet360,
Oluwa bless your hustle.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Futo

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mensamusa:

Shout out to prospet360,
Oluwa bless your hustle.

These guys are just building indiscriminately with zero planning and road marking

Thanks to too much land

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
More

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
Futo eziobodo.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

These guys are just building indiscriminately with zero planning and road marking

Thanks to too much land

True that bro,.The Government gotta intervene more.

The community is fast morphing into semi urban entity.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
From the first pic,demarcations with fencing done preparatory to erection of more structures,
Seems hostel development is bourgeoning forthwith incrementally.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
IMO state government hints on plans to begin housing estates in the tripartite zones of the state. Beginning with Okigwe zone.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
This is an urban chaos in the making! Just buy land, clear bush and build upstairs....

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mensamusa:
IMO state government hints on plans to begin housing estates in the tripartite zones of the state. Beginning with Okigwe zone.

Hope needs to improve on Rochas' lofty but disorganized ideas

I strongly believe that when he's spent 4 years in office, Imolites will gladly vote for him again

Given the questionable circumstances that brought him into office, Hope has to impress the people

For years, Okigwe Zone has been relegated to the background yet they don't come online to constitute nuisance like some people

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

My brother, it's not a one size fits all scenerio. If we use your analogy, Ogun state should be the hub of hospitality in Nigeria because they have the highest number of higher institutions in the country, unfortunately it's not.

Las Vegas is seen as the "sin city" in America, but how many universities are in it? Just few. Obollo Afor in Enugu state has the highest number of prostitutes in South East, but there is no STANDARD hotel there, not even one. Most top hotels in Lagos are either in Ikeja or on the Island, but there are no universities there.

These universities have been in Imo state for many years, but the revolution started during Rochas time. If the environment isn't condusive, do you think people will come even when you have universities everywhere?

The point I'm trying to make is that the presence of the universities helped, but isn't what is driving the tourism/hospitality sector.
On a side note, I completely agree with your last statement. I've not been to IMSU before but I've always wondered why don't they just have three campuses- One in Owerri, One in Orlu and One in Okigwe, rather than just concentrating it in Owerri.

The palm university can be used for this purpose. The government should also look into the state polytechnic and employ capable hands, not those dull lecturers who don't know what they are doing there. Infact, M.Sc should be the lowest qualification to work as an academician in any of the state owned institutions

Ihedioha would have used the Palm University to extend IMSU in Orlu zone because he couldn’t be sleeping when his committee recommended that. He must have known that it’s not appropriate to not have a university in the whole of Orlu zone.
As for governors and other politicians from Orlu zone, they keep the zone like Fulani land. On election, they shout Orlu zone, Orlu zone, then fool the talakawas they left behind in the zone.

Go to main Orlu, the roads are like during the civil war.
Ohakim could have realized Orlu water supply project of Mbakwe in Orlu zone.

What have governors from Orlu zone established in Imo state?

Mbakwe provided water systems, built Amaraku electricity supply project, and industrial layouts with industries.
Enwerem established IMSU.
Governors from Orlu zone only showcase roads and gutters they build in the state capital.

Let’s see if the present governor shall be different.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

I strongly believe that when he's spent 4 years in office, Imolites will gladly vote for him again

Given the questionable circumstances that brought him into office, Hope has to impress the people

For years, Okigwe Zone has been relegated to the background yet they don't come online to constitute nuisance like some people

Easier said than done,uneasy lies the head ,that wears the crown,all that glitters ain't gonna be gold,

Bross leadership no be beans, leaders needs mentoring ,close marking and checks.

At times,you might want to squash eggs to make omelette,on the process might meet stumbling block in forms of stiff resistance from the populace,whom you want the best for in the long run,

Development needs sacrifice and consessions,imolites like other humans are inexplicably insatiable,

For me ,hope remains the luckiest governor in Nigeria,

All he needs do is simply go back to the road maps of Dee Sam,the developmental blueprints of ihedioha and Rochas make adjustments where necessary and get on with the implementations.

Government is a continuum.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:29am On Jun 09, 2020
proeast:

Putting the cart before the horse. What has he achieved already that will warrant spending scarce resources on image laundring?

Rubbish!!

Looooooooooooooooooool, maybe it's 3D images that he'll be showing us. The guy is losing concentration already with just few months in office.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:34am On Jun 09, 2020
sanctity454:
It needs expansion or new branch, i suggest Ojukwu center new owerri

This is the opening ceremony, I believe. (Saw the guy with the microphone).

That freedom square use to be a very beautiful place during the time of Rochas, don't know if it's still so.

I think Sir Uwaifo also has a museum/art centre around that axis
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2020
Mensamusa:
Shout out to prospet360,
Oluwa bless your hustle.

Looooooooooooooooooool, I used to tell people that FUTO is like that primary school song we use to sing and say "BIG FOR NOTHING"

All their buildings are just scattered like the teeth of a hundred years old drunkard. Annoying part is that they keep dragging for more land with their host community

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:09am On Jun 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

He can start by awarding road projects to reputable companies, the roads we are seeing here are very substandard.

Yeah, I believe it's time Imo governors start putting other zones into their plans
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

Nice one. Okigwe people are peace loving. I wish after Hope Okigwe man shall take over so as to develop the town more.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Looooooooooooooooooool, I used to tell people that FUTO is like that primary school song we use to sing and say "BIG FOR NOTHING"

All their buildings are just scattered like the teeth of a hundred years old drunkard. Annoying part is that they keep dragging for more land with their host community

Indeed Futo is scanty.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Stakeholders back Uzodimma on new Imo University of Agric
by Gabriel Ogunjobi
Our Reporter

Stakeholders from Umuagwo in Imo State, have lent their support to Governor Hope Uzodinma’s plan to establish a new Imo State University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences on their land.

The stakeholders had hitherto vehemently battled with past administrations against the establishment of the university because of the provision of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) and multi campus arrangement in the law establishing the university.

The stakeholders said they believed that the PPP provision was a ploy by a former governor to take over the university after leaving office, insisting that it must be 100 percent owned by the government.

Read Also: No past Imo governor has ever visited me — Victoria Mbakwe

The spokesman , Goddy Obodo, told newsmen yesterday at the Government House, Owerri, after the inauguration of the committee on the implementation of the university, that their fears were assuaged when Governor Uzodimma amended the law and removed the PPP clause

Uzodimma on Friday set up a committee on the guidelines for the implementation of the take-off of the new Imo University located in Umuagwo. Ohaji-Egbema with Prof. Ukachuwku Awuzie, former Vice Chancellor of the Imo State University and former President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), as the Chairman.

Others members of the Committee are; Mrs. Uwandu Uzoma Beatrice, the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education (Secretary), Prof Victor Kogah, Prof Chidozie C. Eze, Prof Nkechi Ogoh, Prof Alloy Ojilere, Prof B. C Nwosu, Assoc. Prof Nwulu and Dr. T. I Igwe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
B2mario:
Stakeholders back Uzodimma and Dr. T. I Igwe.

Will they be constructing new buildings in a different environment or are they going to convert Imo poly to a university of agriculture? I don't get it.

If it's new buildings, then I suggest he jettison that plan and work with what we already have on ground. Maybe use Eastern Palm University for that purpose, atleast it already has a name related to agriculture, lol. Although the best plan for this will be to use the Palm university as a campus for Imsu.

If Imopoly will be converted, then I TOTALLY AGREE, atimes I wonder what they do there in the first place.

As for the committee, you see that Prof. Awuzie, I believe he shouldn't even be allowed into any university even as a visitor. That man rendered education useless during his stay as VC in Imsu. He used the university as a testing ground for his Aluta struggle and students ended up spending 6/7 years for a 4 years course. He's got no conscience, walahi

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Will they be constructing new buildings in a different environment or are they going to convert Imo poly to a university of agriculture? I don't get it.

If it's new buildings, then I suggest he jettison that plan and work with what we already have on ground. Maybe use Eastern Palm University for that purpose, atleast it already has a name related to agriculture, lol. Although the best plan for this will be to use the Palm university as a campus for Imsu.

If Imopoly will be converted, then I TOTALLY AGREE, atimes I wonder what they do there in the first place.

As for the committee, you see that Prof. Awuzie, I believe he shouldn't even be allowed into any university even as a visitor. That man rendered education useless during his stay as VC in Imsu. He used the university as a testing ground for his Aluta struggle and students ended up spending 6/7 years for a 4 years course. He's got no conscience, walahi

They are reopening one of the higher institutions Rochas established but were closed down by Ihedioha.

The premises of Imopoly Umuagwo was converted to an agricultural University by Rochas administration while the Imopoly was moved to another location in Okigwe zone. So it is a good step going from a serious government. This single action has multipler effect, as they are taking Imopoly Umuagwo back to it initial University status the new poly built in Okigwe zone will definitely start operation and help to speed up development in that area.

I believe soon he will reopen the remaining higher institutions closed by gov. Ihedioha with no just reason.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2020
Sanctity454, what's the problem this one you are no longer bringing up picture.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
Just a little jig up

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
B2mario:
Stakeholders back Uzodimma on new Imo University of Agric
by Gabriel Ogunjobi
Our Reporter

Stakeholders from Umuagwo in Imo State, have lent their support to Governor Hope Uzodinma’s plan to establish a new Imo State University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences on their land.

The stakeholders had hitherto vehemently battled with past administrations against the establishment of the university because of the provision of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) and multi campus arrangement in the law establishing the university.

The stakeholders said they believed that the PPP provision was a ploy by a former governor to take over the university after leaving office, insisting that it must be 100 percent owned by the government.

Read Also: No past Imo governor has ever visited me — Victoria Mbakwe

The spokesman , Goddy Obodo, told newsmen yesterday at the Government House, Owerri, after the inauguration of the committee on the implementation of the university, that their fears were assuaged when Governor Uzodimma amended the law and removed the PPP clause

Uzodimma on Friday set up a committee on the guidelines for the implementation of the take-off of the new Imo University located in Umuagwo. Ohaji-Egbema with Prof. Ukachuwku Awuzie, former Vice Chancellor of the Imo State University and former President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), as the Chairman.

Others members of the Committee are; Mrs. Uwandu Uzoma Beatrice, the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education (Secretary), Prof Victor Kogah, Prof Chidozie C. Eze, Prof Nkechi Ogoh, Prof Alloy Ojilere, Prof B. C Nwosu, Assoc. Prof Nwulu and Dr. T. I Igwe.

Screen off 90% of Orlu senatorial zone from ever having a full government university, by making the Polytechnic a university of Agriculture nearest to Owerri.
Only Umuagwo supports Hope in this political miscalculation.
Hope Uzodinma, the undertaker about to finally bury development in 90% of Orlu zone.

Rochas established a university in Nkwerre- centrally located to most of Orlu zone. Ihedioha closed it. Hope Uzodinma can’t use it, instead of another university nearest to Owerri in Umuagwo.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:09am On Jun 12, 2020
greenandy:

Screen off 90% of Orlu senatorial zone from everHope Uzodinma can’t use it, instead of another university nearest to Owerri in Umuagwo.

Which zone does umuagwo fall under: Owerri, Okigwe or Orlu?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:20am On Jun 12, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Which zone does umuagwo fall under: Owerri, Okigwe or Orlu?
are you minding him

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
World bank road @everyday supermarket section

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ideal suite -federal sec

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: EQUALROGHT, OnoVegasBlog and 5 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53