Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405884 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Will this be powered by lift? Cos e no go make sense to dey trek 6-storey staircase for hotel o.

Electricity has really hampered the construction of high-rise buildings in Nigeria, but then when we consider that Europe doesn't have much highrise building, we gat to let it slide
Definitely coming with a lift, most hotels in owerri has lift.
IMSG can map out one layout and put in place a restriction of 5 floors upwards, it can achieved within 2-3 years.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
sanctity454:

IMSG can map out one layout and put in place a restriction of 5 floors upwards, it can achieved within 2-3 years.

Waoh, never knew that. All the hotels I've stayed in in Owerri don't have.

5 floors upwards. That will be a tough call for our indigenous construction companies. Even TigerKen construction that's one of the go-to in Southeast, @Spyder88, I haven't seen them go above 5 floors.

But a layout/estate, with just highrise buildings will be a site to behold. A company can even build and ask people to buy units, those that buy can then rent it out to others. I'm very sure a lot of abroad based individuals will buy in

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Waoh, never knew that. All the hotels I've stayed in in Owerri don't have.

5 floors upwards. That will be a tough call for our indigenous construction companies. Even TigerKen construction that's one of the go-to in Southeast, @Spyder88, I haven't seen them go above 5 floors.

But a layout/estate, with just highrise buildings will be a site to behold. A company can even build and ask people to buy units, those that buy can then rent it out to others. I'm very sure a lot of abroad based individuals will buy in
5 floors is quite easy to achieve, look at Fegge onitsha,Aba. It just need modern design with cladding or glass lining, it's very much achievable, we can sweeten the deal by making the land free, with a clause of revocation if not developed within six months and as well road and water infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by XANDERBOY85: 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
sanctity454:
The proposed Gregory teaching hospital Okigwe
I love the design very modern and imposing

I think it's important we have areas of natural beauty protected from this our craze to clear land and build....build....build! See how that lovely virgin forest has been encroched and cut into just to build something i'm sure there's enough land in and around urban areas to build. That's how erosion starts.

What excited me more with this picture is the lovely unspoilt greenry for as far as the eye can see!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

I think it's important we have areas of natural beauty protected from this our craze to clear land and build....build....build! See how that lovely virgin forest has been encroched and cut into just to build something i'm sure there's enough land in and around urban areas to build. That's how erosion starts.

What excited me more with this picture is the lovely unspoilt greenry for as far as the eye can see!
You're right greenery is life, i pray the incumbent administration patronise the planting of one million trees
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by phoenix911: 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
sanctity454:

For me using electricity as an excuse for not building vertically is getting old, we have the sun in abundant even in the raining season. So is it not time we start using solar to power the lift and water for our highrise buildings.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
phoenix911:

For me using electricity as an excuse for not building vertically is getting old, we have the sun in abundant even in the raining season. So is it not time we start using solar to power the lift and water for our highrise buildings.

guy solar too cost for here..

How many hotels or big companies you see here been run on solar?
Many prefer fuels and diesels to solar bro..

Solar is damn costly

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
phoenix911:

My brother, do you know how much solar cost just to power normal appliances in a house? You are now talking about using it to power a high-rise building... Haba

I believe our best bet is Geometric power. They are close by in Abia state. If they can be make to generate for Imo state also and the greedy Emeka Offor will accept to distribute, Imo wouldn't have any problem with electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2020
when I heard it was an Igbo man that owns EEDC I was devastated, embarrassed and stunned.
I knew then that steady power generation in the southeast will be a mirage.
Emeka offor has been the one frustrating Geometric power from taking off
Igbos!!!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2020
marshman293:
when I heard it was an Igbo man that owns EEDC I was devastated, embarrassed and stunned.
I knew then that steady power generation in the southeast will be a mirage.
Emeka offor has been the one frustrating Geometric power from taking off
Igbos!!!!
Siemens will soon come to the rescue bro..just hang in there

If bubu should deliver us power before end of 2023..

I personally will canvas for his 3rd term honestly
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
seankafor:
Siemens will soon come to the rescue bro..just hang in there

If bubu should deliver us power before end of 2023..

I personally will canvas for his 3rd term honestly
how will Siemens come to the rescue if I may ask?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
asha80:
how will Siemens come to the rescue if I may ask?
you haven't heard about the Nigerian road electrification map.

Multi billion deal with German power horse Siemens group
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
seankafor:
you haven't heard about the Nigerian road electrification map.

Multi billion deal with German power horse Siemens group
I have heard about it but I am wondering how it will affect emeka offor ownership of eedc?is Siemens going to take over the running of enugu disco ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
asha80:
I have heard about it but I am wondering how it will affect emeka offor ownership of eedc?is Siemens going to take over the running of enugu disco ?
it will increase the distribution and put in place many deformities in the generation, distribution sector of the power industry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
finnacle2020:

my father and aunties have received the recent pensions, but that is not the issue ,am concerned about the state of these proposed hospital
can anyone here comfirm this please?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

I dont get ur point. That location is nice. If I was to be IMO state governor I would demolish that entire forest and turn it into a huge farm.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Coldie:

I dont get ur point. That location is nice. If I was to be IMO state governor I would demolish that entire forest and turn it into a huge farm.
I doubt you know the importance of forest to an ecosystem or even the complex land ownership system in se nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
asha80:
I doubt you know the importance of forest to an ecosystem or even the complex land ownership system in se nigeria

Don't doubt

Tell him what you think he doesn't know
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
asha80:
Let the forest be important in other places, the economic rejuvenation of Igbo land should be our goal not forest
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Coldie:

Let the forest be important in other places, the economic rejuvenation of Igbo land should be our goal not forest

only ignorance can allow this thought to survive long enough to reach your mouth

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Coldie:

they can go side by side...do you know one of the major reasons for erosion in the se? Yes you heard indiscriminate felling of trees because the soil is largely coarse and cover that those trees provide that counters heavy tropical droplets of rainwater has been dwindling..there is a reason we are situated in a tropical rain FOREST belt..also those forest acts as checks to rising temperatures you witness around you..you decimate forest indiscriminately all in the name of economics be ready to also have the wherewithal to counter the inevitable consequences of doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2020
sanctity454:
News flash: imopoly is now relocated to omuma Oru East while the umuagwo campus turns to university of Agriculture

Let Uzodinma open a new University in Omuma, Oru East, but leave Imopoly in Umuagwo.

This his arrangements can never last. All universities in Imo state can’t be made to be at the doorsteps and benefit of Owerri and its people. Tell the usual story:Umuagwo is in Orlu zone. But majority of people in Orlu zone know better. Umuagwo is next door to Owerri. The majority of people in Orlu zone deserve a closer and full government university.

Next governor after Uzodinma shall upturn this his arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:08am On Jun 15, 2020
sanctity454:

More than 90% of Imo state, except Owerri, have no common public water supply system, that’s why people don’t build commercial houses outside Owerri, but you ask IMSG to map out layout for quasi skyscrapers, unarguably, in your Owerri.
Going maniac over urban sprawl in Owerri?
Look beyond Imo state and see how neighboring states are developing their many urban centres.
Every Imo governor gets tied up on urban development of Owerri. Blind folks sing Hallelujah.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 4:21am On Jun 15, 2020
OruExpress:

only ignorance can allow this thought to survive long enough to reach your mouth
Igbo land has one of the smallest land mass in the east and forest is ur problem.

I prefer a minority forest and a majority developed land than a majority forest and a minority developed land.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by TEDHorsePower: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2020
This is why the dilapidated disjointed village called Owerri should be demolished and rebuilt from the scratch.

Where's is my useless frustrated envious friend called bag of gworo aka abagworo. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2pmSlVqDwg

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 7:35am On Jun 15, 2020
I love the way you guys are treating the poster above

Now, he is dying for attention.

Keep it up, brothers

Someone must learn maturity the hard way!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by TEDHorsePower: 7:37am On Jun 15, 2020
SoNature:
I love the way you guys are treating the poster aboveow, he is dying for attention.Keep it up, brother]Someone must learn maturity the hard way! [/b]

Ifeanyi, I didn't even tag you, but due to attention seeking you are replying me. I tagged my cursed old friend abagworo and not you. Ifeanyi learn to mind your business. Onye ala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

You share same idea with me on urbanization but we have a tradition that discourages urban restriction

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:10am On Jun 15, 2020
kikake:

More than 90% of Imo state, except Owerri, have no common public water supply system, that’s why people don’t build commercial houses outside Owerri, but you ask IMSG to map out layout for quasi skyscrapers, unarguably, in your Owerri.
Going maniac over urban sprawl in Owerri?
Look beyond Imo state and see how neighboring states are developing their many urban centres.
Every Imo governor gets tied up on urban development of Owerri. Blind folks sing Hallelujah.

This your madness never stop? Imo has challenges of excessive urbanization being the 3rd most urbanized State after Anambra and Lagos you are still telling us only Owerri is urban. Nkwerre, Orlu, Oguta, Akokwa, Mgbidi, Anara/Amaraku, Okigwe, Ahiara, Nekede, Egbu, Amakohia, Amaifeke, Orji, Amaigbo, Umuaka, Okwudor etc are not rural.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:12am On Jun 15, 2020
TEDHorsePower:

Ifeanyi, I didn't even tag you, but due to attention seeking you are replying me. I tagged my cursed old friend abagworo and not you. Ifeanyi learn to mind your business. Onye ala

My cursed ancient friend Chino are you not ashamed of the video you are sharing? There is nothing there to be proud of

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by TEDHorsePower: 9:17am On Jun 15, 2020
LOL my cursed frustrated bitter envious poverty inflicted old man. I know how you feel right now. The video has made Owerri to look like a rural area. Useless envious old vagabond, cry me one bucket of water cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:

My cursed ancient friend Chino are you not ashamed of the video you are sharing? There is nothing there to be proud of
[/s]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2020
TEDHorsePower:

You show Imo people Awka, show them Onitsha, show them Nnewi, all modern cities.

But all some of Imo folks here now charmed, married and enslaved by Owerri people want to see here is Owerri.

Since 2007, governors emerged for Imo state, each builds boulevards and other structures in Owerri, build one or two markets and few rural roads outside Owerri. Owerri folks sing Alleluia to the governor, sell a plot of land in Owerri for million upon million Naira.
Some sheepish folks that are not from Owerri also join in the Alleluia.

Since 2007, Imo state had received more than N5 trillion for infrastructural development of the state, where is the money? No good road outside Owerri, no water supply, infrastructures in rest of Imo state outside Owerri remain like civil war era.

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.