Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403298 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:49am On Jul 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Ogboko

Orlu and Ogboko are not the same town

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2020
SmartPolician:

Please where in Orlu is this?

That’s not in Orlu, don’t mind Abagworo.

Even the photo of Ihioma Road Orlu he posted was adulterated - photoshopped mixture of Ihioma road and good road from another state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Do you verify your facts? IMSU was established in 1981. Chief Evens Enwerem was governor of Imo State for less than 6 months from 1992 to 1993.

Chief Evan Enwerem was Governor of Imo state for 20 months between 1991 to 1993.

Chief Evan Enwerem established IMSU in Owerri temporarily, he saw FUTO, AICE and Imopoly in Owerri then.

Since then, selfish or lily livered politicians from Orlu zone have not been able to remove IMSU from Owerri. Ohakim who called IMSU a pigsty could have removed IMSU from Owerri if he had 2nd term.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
What is the fixation with taking things out of Owerri and putting them elsewhere?
I understand the need for Owerri to be strong. I looked at a study of Igbo land and it said that the states where money circulates and stays the longest within state were Abia and Anambra. The state where remissions from urban areas are spent in rural the most were the same two and the most even distribution of wealth (less poverty) the same. What do they have in common?

1 very strong commercial city.
So lets forget about taking things out of Owerri. If anything, lets get works added to Orlu, even if they're also in Owerri because there's clearly not enough as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
OruExpress:
What is the fixation with taking things out of Owerri and putting them elsewhere?
I understand the need for Owerri to be strong. I looked at a study of Igbo land and it said that the states where money circulates and stays the longest within state were Abia and Anambra. The state where remissions from urban areas are spent in rural the most were the same two and the most even distribution of wealth (less poverty) the same. What do they have in common?

1 very strong commercial city.
So lets forget about taking things out of Owerri. If anything, lets get works added to Orlu, even if they're also in Owerri because there's clearly not enough as it is.

I don't know about Abia, but if you follow the logic of Anambra, you'll understand the fixation.

How many things are located in the state capital? Go through all the N-local governments and see development there

Do you know how many factories/Industries are located in Nnewi alone? What of the fact that the government made that possible by passing gas line through the area?

The whole idea is that there should be something in those "rural" areas to attract investors, be it roads, electricity, population, just something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ha ha ha. Personal convenience.

A guy from Awo Omamma in Oru West LGA in Orlu senatorial district can manufacture all the excuses in the world to have all tertiary education institutions in Imo state to be in Owerri.

Tell us also why all universities in Nigeria needed to be located in Lagos or in new capital city, Abuja.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 7:43am On Jul 08, 2020
you guys are here discussing about university while states like Ebonyi is building solid, long lasting infrastructure
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2020
marshman293:
you guys are here discussing about university while states like Ebonyi is building solid, long lasting infrastructure

If you actually follow this thread, you'll see that our discussions cut across EVERY SECTOR OF THE STATE.

Thank You
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Just look at

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2020
asha80:
Just look at
grin human beens grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
asha80:
Just look at

Ha ha ha.

One would think she is launching the township roads or water supply projects completed by government in her Orlu town.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
kikake:
Ha ha ha. Personal convenience.

A guy from Awo Omamma in Oru West LGA in Orlu senatorial district can manufacture all the excuses in the world to have all tertiary education institutions in Imo state to be in Owerri.

Tell us also why all universities in Nigeria needed to be located in Lagos or in new capital city, Abuja.

Awo Omamma is in Oru East

I dont think people have a problem with putting schools outside of Owerri, but build a new school. Enough 'relocation' talk, that doesn't make sense.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
asha80:
Just look at
hahaha, in 50 years, we will be considered the backwater of Igboland. We have a hard time understand how serious life is.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
When you ignore politics, we're moving along better than we give ourselves credit for. I'm going to post a few videos from YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pym0SwPerUo

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
OruExpress:

Awo Omamma is in Oru East

I dont think people have a problem with putting schools outside of Owerri, but build a new school. Enough 'relocation' talk, that doesn't make sense.

This guy you quoted is not from Imo state and knows nothing about Imo. He only resides in Owerri and does his online paid job. He has been commiting this blunder of intermissing local governments and locations of imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
OruExpress:
When you ignore politics, we're moving along better than we give ourselves credit for. I'm going to post a few videos from YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pym0SwPerUo

Nice one. God bless Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ChimaAdeoye: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Owerri wu oke mba!!!

Ala bekee levels unleashed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOOcyFSJ_w&t=198s

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by somalianprince: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Everywhere is in Imo state is a total mess. See orlu today as Imolites protest over police brutality. Okoroawusa was a disaster cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/5983399/imo-state-protest-orlu-over
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by somalianprince: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hahahaha

That guy's post really pierced your big head.

Now listen old man. Ordinary Osumenyi is more beautiful, developed, organized and decent than all the towns in Imo state.

Imo state is a total shithole from Owerri to Orlu to Okigwe, there is no development anywhere in Imo state.

Owerri is a shambolic mess, Hopeless Uzodimma is also doing the needful by making sure that every other thing is demolished completely. Good job to him.

All the roads in Imo state are in shambles, everywhere messed up with filth. Imo state is a failed state.

Imo state is a backward useless state with nothing to offer even its people, no wonder 70% of Imolites ran to live in Anambra, but you can't find a single Anambran living anywhere in Imo state.

[s]
Abagworo:

Before creation of present day Anambra State Onitsha and Awka were major cities while Nnewi already had their establishments in the semi-urban village. Abia also had Aba and Umuahia as major cities before it's creation in present day Abia. Beyond these I see no difference in pace of development of rural areas across Igboland apart from Enugu and Ebonyi where I don't have full knowledge of the hinterland. Oguta my town for example even though considered slow in development still beats almost the entire Anambra towns making noise in outlook, aesthetics and organization. It has bigger industries especially in the oil and gas sector within the local government than all the towns in Anambra State. There may be less commercial activities but the oil and gas industry alone runs into billions of Dollars.
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by somalianprince: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Abagworo is a bitter frustrated vagabond. The simple fact that you made a sincere post made him to run. cheesy

Yampotatocarrot:

I don't know about Abia, but if you follow the logic of Anambra, you'll understand the fixation.

How many things are located in the state capital? Go through all the N-local governments and see development there

Do you know how many factories/Industries are located in Nnewi alone? What of the fact that the government made that possible by passing gas line through the area?

The whole idea is that there should be something in those "rural" areas to attract investors, be it roads, electricity, population, just something.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Abagworro:
This is another useless substandard product of Okorocha that Hope should demolish

Chino in less than 4 months after Peter Obi built this substandard bridge it collapsed completely but the one you showed just has a tiny pothole and has stayed some years. Now tell which is more substandard.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by somalianprince: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:

Chino in less than 4 months after Peter Obi built this substandard bridge it collapsed completely but the one you showed just has a tiny pothole and has stayed some years. Now tell which is more substandard.
[/s]

Bag of gworo mechie Onu nsi gi there. What happened to Nkpor FLYOVER was erosion and it was the approach road, not the bridge itself. The bridge was never affected, so Obiano fixed the erosion and everything fall into place.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
somalianprince:
[s][/s]

I know how painful it is for you..lol

Everything about your cursed Imo state is cursed. See how your cursed Owerri is looking after okoroawusa wasted 8yrs.

But after 8 years of Obi and another 6 years of Obiano there is nothing good about Anambra. Just compare and contrast

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.