Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2395392 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jman24:

And to think I was arguing with you previously. It is now clear you being sentimental towards this Orlu thing. My question for you is this ; which zone has produced more governors from imo state in the last decade?

Has the so called owerri zone produced any governor in the last decade?.. one thing about opinion is that it can be twisted to sooth ones ego. For instance, if all the governors had come from owerri zone in the last decade, then your likes would blame it on that factor alone and not that people of interest resisisted such moves in owerri.

In bold:

If you are normal, you ought to have understood that it’s abnormal in international standard to deny a multi faculty public university in the large area like Orlu senatorial district with the population in it; all because you want to profit from prostitution in Owerri by hosting more than 300,000 young students in all the six tertiary education institutions in Imo state stupidly located in Owerri area excluding Orlu zone.

Owerri senatorial district of 9 LGAs enjoy mass education and the advantages of closeness to multi faculty government universities. You don’t see the dangers in the disparity in education levels between groups in the same state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FACE(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amah70:

What criterion qualifies Owerri to host Imo state university after hosting FUTO, AIFCE?

Edo, Anambra, Abia, in fact, more than 80% of Nigeria’s states don’t have their state university in the state capital.

Imo state university permanent location has no business with Owerri if Imo state is to be for all of us. Take your blackmail to the birds of the air.

Why Mbaise? Mbaise is in Owerri senatorial zone.

Okigwe? Okigwe has a nearby ABSU in Uturu-Okigwe, as well as IMSU Engineering faculty.
Okigwe is 6 LGAs.

Orlu with 12 LGAs has no multi faculty government university. You must be living in Mars if you don’t understand that an area as large as Orlu senatorial district with its population needs a multi faculty government university to jumpstart human and economic development in the area.
Instead of support for the needful to be done - locate IMSU permanent in Orlu zone - and diminish the picture of Owerri as prostitution capital of Nigeria - you write to sustain the prostitution business in Owerri.

Why must someone lose something to another person, when the same thing can be replicated and given to the next person?

I can't even see where your argument is coming from; not from costs nor from logistics point of view.

Pushing Owerri as a prostitution zone is a narrative by your likes, same as the concerted attacks on Aba in Asia State.

You claim that high institutions in Owerri are prostitution trading centres, I ask again; are you looking for Orlu to become the new centre for prostitution in Imo State or are your rhetorics simply driven by pure jealous rage?

Achike and Rochas are from Orlu, so why are you going about acting that Owerri people are holding the governors to ransome?

Imo state university was originally located at Uturu, but the new university in Owerri was established following the creation of Abia State during the military regime, so why are you crying Owerri Ugandan like they stole your yam?

So Okigwe people should depend on Abia state because it is near? See sense. Orlu is close to Owerri and Awka as well, so what is good for Okigwe is also good for Orlu. Mbaise is in Owerri but Umuagwo is not in Orlu Zone? You have a school of midwifery in Orlu as well.

Anybody that wants someone else to be deprived of what they already have instead of asking for their own is greedy and selfish.

We say, mee mu ka emere ibem, not napu ibem ihe enyere ha, ka inye m ya

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
FACE:

Why must someone lose something to another person, when the same thing can be replicated and given to the next person?

I can't even see where your argument is coming from; not from costs nor from logistics point of view.

Pushing Owerri as a prostitution zone is a narrative by your likes, same as the concerted attacks on Aba in Asia State.

You claim that high institutions in Owerri are prostitution trading centres, I ask again; are you looking for Orlu to become the new centre for prostitution in Imo State or are your rhetorics simply driven by pure jealous rage?

Achike and Rochas are from Orlu, so why are you going about acting that Owerri people are holding the governors to ransome?

Imo state university was originally located at Uturu, but the new university in Owerri was established following the creation of Abia State during the military regime, so why are you crying Owerri Ugandan like they stole your yam?

So Okigwe people should depend on Abia state because it is near? See sense. Orlu is close to Owerri and Awka as well, so what is good for Okigwe is also good for Orlu. Mbaise is in Owerri but Umuagwo is not in Orlu Zone? You have a school of midwifery in Orlu as well.

Anybody that wants someone else to be deprived of what they already have instead of asking for their own is greedy and selfish.

We say, mee mu ka emere ibem, not napu ibem ihe enyere ha, ka inye m ya

You have the false belief that Owerri zone privately established and owns the public universities stupidly littered all over Owerri at the exclusion of Orlu zone.

What’s good for Owerri must be good for Orlu also. If two universities - FUTO and AIFCE - are good for Owerri, IMSU must be good for Orlu zone. Common sense.

Ask yourself the simple question: why must Owerri zone of 9 LGAs host all the three multi faculty government universities in Imo state, but nothing in Orlu zone of 12 LGAs?

You must either be a brothel/hotel owner in Owerri or you suffer from primitive greed - that’s why you have no sense of justice in a state divided into 3 senatorial districts for equitable distribution of government institutions that should induce development in all the 3 senatorial districts.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amah70:

What criterion qualifies Owerri to host Imo state university after hosting FUTO, AIFCE?

Edo, Anambra, Abia, in fact, more than 80% of Nigeria’s states don’t have their state university in the state capital.

Imo state university permanent location has no business with Owerri if Imo state is to be for all of us. Take your blackmail to the birds of the air.

Why Mbaise? Mbaise is in Owerri senatorial zone.

Okigwe? Okigwe has a nearby ABSU in Uturu-Okigwe, as well as IMSU Engineering faculty.
Okigwe is 6 LGAs.

Orlu with 12 LGAs has no multi faculty government university. You must be living in Mars if you don’t understand that an area as large as Orlu senatorial district with its population needs a multi faculty government university to jumpstart human and economic development in the area.
Instead of support for the needful to be done - locate IMSU permanent in Orlu zone - and diminish the picture of Owerri as prostitution capital of Nigeria - you write to sustain the prostitution business in Owerri.

Orlu was a mere division under Owerri province with Owerri equally as a division. Owerri is strategically better placed than Orlu. As for the LGAs, Ohaji is closer to Owerri than Orlu yet Orlu claimed Ohaji-Egbema, Oguta etc to be under Orlu in order to help Orlu produce countless and worthless governors in Imo State. You cannot eat your cake and have it. I guess prostitution is not the oldest profession known to human beings for nothing. There is one song we use to sing when we were kids. It is a remix from Inyang Henshaw album. Obodo nghile emehechala ofudu Okigwe na Orlu.......

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Cubana

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
O-Town

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amah70:

If you are not bothered by this tag in Owerri the prostitution capital of Nigeria, I am bothered because I have Owerri as my state capital.

If at all you are bothered about the unfounded tag of Owerri as prostitution capital of Nigeria, it is hellishly hypocritical. You and ilk from certain backwater in Imo State were the painters who had continued to paint Owerri in such shade. A street or an area in Lagos has more hotels than all the hotels in Imo State include the few in the backyard called Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
O Town

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Capital City

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amah70:

In bold:

If you are normal, you ought to have understood that it’s abnormal in international standard to deny a multi faculty public university in the large area like Orlu senatorial district with the population in it; all because you want to profit from prostitution in Owerri by hosting more than 300,000 young students in all the six tertiary education institutions in Imo state stupidly located in Owerri area excluding Orlu zone.

Owerri senatorial district of 9 LGAs enjoy mass education and the advantages of closeness to multi faculty government universities. You don’t see the dangers in the disparity in education levels between groups in the same state.

Let's assume I'm not normal, who takes the blame for all this? The owerri people or the previous governors who were not even from owerri zone?.
Like I said, Opinions can be twisted which you just did.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amah70:

If you are not bothered by this tag in Owerri the prostitution capital of Nigeria, I am bothered because I have Owerri as my state capital.

Hahahaha ..funny man
Of all the things in this world, this is what you are bothered about. It's now clearer you are sympathetic to Orlu ..at least you should be happy for the governorship birthright of your zone
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
sanctity454:

I love this view, only if owerri can have a concentration of mid rise buildings

I'm sure they're coming soon. Once we have local builders that can do it and it becomes well known, it's on. Don't doubt that the ones we have now don't know how to do it, but I have noticed buildings are getting taller and glassier.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
OruExpress:

I'm sure they're coming soon. Once we have local builders that can do it and it becomes well known, it's on. Don't doubt that the ones we have now don't know how to do it, but I have noticed buildings are getting taller and glassier.

I think Owerri has the best looking public buildings of all the state capitals in the south-east! These were built both by the state gov’t (Rochas regime) and private developers! All Owerri needs to become the most beautiful state capital in Nigeria is to have well-built, durable roads and attention paid to aesthetics!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:54am On Dec 25, 2020
Jman24:

Hahahaha ..funny man
Of all the things in this world, this is what you are bothered about. It's now clearer you are sympathetic to Orlu ..at least you should be happy for the governorship birthright of your zone

You don’t forget the wars fought by Owerri against former governors Udenwa, Ohakim and Okorocha when each of these past leaders wanted to remove Imo state university from Owerri.

As far as Owerri is concerned, what’s good for Owerri - closeness to multi faculty tertiary education institutions financed by governments - must not be shared with Orlu or Okigwe in Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 2:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Dedetwo:

Orlu was a mere division under Owerri province with Owerri equally as a division. Owerri is strategically better placed than Orlu. As for the LGAs, Ohaji is closer to Owerri than Orlu yet Orlu claimed Ohaji-Egbema, Oguta etc to be under Orlu in order to help Orlu produce countless and worthless governors in Imo State. You cannot eat your cake and have it. I guess prostitution is not the oldest profession known to human beings for nothing. There is one song we use to sing when we were kids. It is a remix from Inyang Henshaw album. Obodo nghile emehechala ofudu Okigwe na Orlu.......

The fast development of Owerri is derived from having all tertiary education institutions - futo, Imsu, aifce, nekedepoly, fercolat - in or nearest Owerri, and even imopolytechnic closest to Owerri; not that because Owerri is state capital.

You are not ashamed that in a state created for development of all its parts, you sing the song of obodo n’ile emepechana ofodu Orlu and Okigwe as reason why Orlu and Okigwe can’t develop like Owerri? You do every fight to negate modern development outside Owerri.

Is Orlu still a mere division under Owerri if it once was?
Were Warri and Agbor, once under Asaba division, but these cities are rapidly developing like Asaba?
Even if it is, does that warrant Owerri seizing all government institutions that induce modern development wherever located?

You and your most primitive logic - as usual.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 2:51am On Dec 25, 2020
people who say this haven't been to Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2020
OruExpress:
people who say this haven't been to Orlu.

A dud on NL who dislikes anything Orlu and struggles for every government development institution in Owerri;

for your information: since 2007, no meaningful development by any government has gone to Orlu.

Worse, people in Orlu have been living on pitiable urban roads and no comprehensive drainage system, possibly because, every governor has had to face new urban roads and drainage systems springing up yearly in the once rural villages in Owerri zone. These new urban centers in Owerri area are derived from population influx to Owerri zone having all tertiary education institutions in Imo state in Owerri; after all, there is no other industry that employs big labor in Owerri to warrant population influx to Owerri..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2020
Amah70:

A dud on NL who dislikes anything Orlu and struggles for every government development institution in Owerri;

for your information: since 2007, no meaningful development by any government has gone to Orlu.

Worse, people in Orlu have been living on pitiable urban roads and no comprehensive drainage system, possibly because, every governor has had to face new urban roads and drainage systems springing up yearly in the once rural villages in Owerri zone. These new urban centers in Owerri area are derived from population influx to Owerri zone having all tertiary education institutions in Imo state in Owerri; after all, there is no other industry that employs big labor in Owerri to warrant population influx to Owerri..

I ask you again. Who is to blame? The 16 year rule of Orlu zone or the common citizens of owerri zone ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
FACE:

Biko, this whining is becoming redundant. How many tertiary institutions in Owerri are owned by the state government? Imo State University, which other one?

This line of arguement is why Nigeria refused to invest in education, choosing the easier route of quota system, depriving other people in order to accommodate others instead of expanding the facilities to other areas.

Why do you want the state government to relocate schools from Owerri to Orlu rather than arguing for a University to be brought closer home to your Orlu?

Why should Owerri lose those institutions to Orlu in particular? Why not to Mbaise or Okigwe?

By your own warped thinking, a University in Orlu would lead to a new prostitution racketeering in Orlu isn't it? After all, high institutions are just sex trading markets, not so? So why are you asking for this prostitution racket to be extended to Orlu? What about Okigwe, Mbaise, Mbano, Ohaji, Oguta, Obowo, etc?

Men like you are putting their hard earned money on the ground and investing as they deem fit and all you can do is to carry on whining like an entitled brat. I pity your successful neighbours with the amount of jealousy they must be enduring from you.

Simple logic!!!! Bro the dude you responded with above post is one of the reasons Europeans, Americans and Asian believed Africans do not think.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2020
Dedetwo:

Simple logic!!!! Bro the dude you responded with above post is one of the reasons Europeans, Americans and Asian believed Africans do not think.

London is not too developed more than Manchester, Sheffield, or Birmingham.

Washington DC is not better developed than New York City, Chicago or Las Vegas.

States? Tallahassee is the small capital city of Florida state, nowhere compared in development to mega city of Miami in Florida state.
Europeans and Americans don’t have block heads like you clowning here with belief that because a place (Owerri) was named capital city, therefore governments must use nearly all the funds of the state to develop the state capital (Owerri)to the exclusion of other urban towns ( Orlu and Okigwe) and rest of the state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2020
Amah70:

The fast development of Owerri is derived from having all tertiary education institutions - futo, Imsu, aifce, nekedepoly, fercolat - in or nearest Owerri, and even imopolytechnic closest to Owerri; not that because Owerri is state capital.

You are not ashamed that in a state created for development of all its parts, you sing the song of obodo n’ile emepechana ofodu Orlu and Okigwe as reason why Orlu and Okigwe can’t develop like Owerri? You do every fight to negate modern development outside Owerri.

Is Orlu still a mere division under Owerri if it once was?
Were Warri and Agbor, once under Asaba division, but these cities are rapidly developing like Asaba?
Even if it is, does that warrant Owerri seizing all government institutions that induce modern development wherever located?

You and your most primitive logic - as usual.

In your silly figment of imagination, you moronically insinuated that citing of most tertiary institutions in Owerri amounts to prostitution racket. Are you not a dumbass to want such prostitution racket in your backwater called Orlu? When people play stupid, it normal to face then with equal amount of stupidity. Your approach to Imo State development or lack thereof is imbecilic at best. It is an act of idiocy to come for equity without clean hands.

The bolded indicated you are punching above your intellectual weight class. Warri has never being under Asaba for anything. Warri and Benin were among the provinces of southern protectorate when Lagos was a colony. In fact, Asaba was under Benin province.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
FACE:

Biko, this whining is becoming redundant. How many tertiary institutions in Owerri are owned by the state government? Imo State University, which other one?

This line of arguement is why Nigeria refused to invest in education, choosing the easier route of quota system, depriving other people in order to accommodate others instead of expanding the facilities to other areas.

Why do you want the state government to relocate schools from Owerri to Orlu rather than arguing for a University to be brought closer home to your Orlu?

Why should Owerri lose those institutions to Orlu in particular? Why not to Mbaise or Okigwe?

By your own warped thinking, a University in Orlu would lead to a new prostitution racketeering in Orlu isn't it? After all, high institutions are just sex trading markets, not so? So why are you asking for this prostitution racket to be extended to Orlu? What about Okigwe, Mbaise, Mbano, Ohaji, Oguta, Obowo, etc?

Men like you are putting their hard earned money on the ground and investing as they deem fit and all you can do is to carry on whining like an entitled brat. I pity your successful neighbours with the amount of jealousy they must be enduring from you.
Locating one big multi faculty university in a town can’t make the town a den of prostitution.

It’s minions who can disagree with the fact of having six tertiary education institutions in Imo state in Owerri with close to 300,000 young students makes Owerri the prostitution capital of Nigeria.

Uturu hosts Abia state university.

Uli hosts Anambra state university.

Ekpoma hosts 1st Edo state university

Uzairue hosts Edo state 2nd university

Abraka hosts Delta state university.

Uturu, Uli,Ekpoma, Uzairue, Abraka are not known as den of pimps and prostitutes like Owerri.

Imsu, aifce, futo, polynekede, fercolat, all got locked up in Owerri, coveted by pimps for Owerri.

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: FatherOfJesus and 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59