Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2399097 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
NwaforIgbo:

Is this where your foolishness has taken you? *spits*

*Walks out*

Good that you walked out and never return to spew rubbish here that implies Imo state was created for governors to make only one spot in the state to be modern and urban center.

With Owerri-centric people like you, little wonder why the Awomama secondary school built before Imo state was created, remains the most visible government development in Awo, except perhaps rural roads built by Mbakwe and Udenwa.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2021
Modarun:
This thread should be rename "a few pictures of Owerri". I am yet to see a single thing or devt. in other part of IMO. LMAO
That’s what they wanted to reduce the thread to since 2013, if not for eagle-eyed persons who insist otherwise.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:52am On Jan 22, 2021
MASSIVE ROAD CONSTRUCTION COMMENCES ON NEKEDE-IHIAGWA ROAD
The people of Nekede-Ihiagwa communities can now heave a sigh of relief as the shared prosperity government of Gov. Hope Uzodimma has commence the construction of Nekede-Ihiagwa road.
It is on record that the previous administration in the state only performed the flag off of the road with so much media hype and left no contractor on site. This singular act further launched the road into a deplorable state and became a nightmare for both motorists and commuters as well as business owners around the area.
It is applaudable and worth commending that this is one of the roads that the Gov. Hope Uzodimma administration decided to continue with by bringing a contractor to site and today construction has began in earnest.
This alone has further dwarfed the intentions of the naysayers and pitched them against their own words as neither the governor himself nor his administration is nonchalant or feigning ignorance of the deplorable state of Nekede-Ihiagwa road, instead the shared prosperity government of Gov. Hope Uzodimma was merely taking a comprehensive assessment of how to go about the construction and the choice of a contractor that can do a better job that Imolites will appreciate, in the long run.
It is no gainsaying that it is appropriate to thank Gov. Hope Uzodimma for the high spirit of continuity and his firm resolve to see to the construction of the Nekede-Ihiagwa road as indeed normalcy will gradually return, the hike in transport fare will reduce, businesses will begin to make turnovers and unwholesome activities on that road will come to an abrupt end.
We can therefore rest assured that other roads like this in the rural areas will not remain unnoticed as the present administration in the state is very much passionate about the state of our roads and will leave no stone unturned until they all wear a new look.
# HopeNewAndElectronicMediaCenter

https://www.facebook.com/100323661569070/posts/227289838872451/?app=fbl

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:56am On Jan 22, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:58am On Jan 22, 2021
GOV. UZODIMMA ON THE SPOT INSPECTION AT IHIAGWA NEKEDE ROAD UNDER MASSIVE RECONSTRUCTION
Governor Hope Uzodimma in his usual style of being hands on, embarks on an on-the-spot Inspection of the Poly Ihiagwa Nekede Road.
It is worthy of note that it is not up to 2 days the Governor ably represented by the Commissioner for works, Honorable Ralph Nwosu officially flagged off the massive reconstruction of the dilapidated road, which is successfully progressing.
The Governor expressed satisfaction on the pace and the quality of work done on the reconstruction of the road in such a a short time from the Flag off day.
You will recall that the Governor orderd the former contractors handling the road to hands-off the project and also promised Ndi-Imo that once the rains have stopped the reconstruction of the road will commence.
# HopeNewAndElectronicMediaCenter

https://www.facebook.com/100323661569070/posts/227491048852330/?app=fbl

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:06am On Jan 22, 2021
S.A TO THE GOVERNOR ON PROJECT MONITORING OKIGWE ZONE ENGR. FRANCIS CHUKWU UNDERTAKES AN ON THE SPOT INSPECTION OF THE ONGOING DUAL-CARRIAGE OWERRI ROAD IN OKIGWE LGA.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Project Monitoring Okigwe Zone Hon. Engr. Francis Chukwu has charged the contractor handling the on going 2.5km Dual carriage Owerri road Okigwe, Eighteenth Engineering Company to ensure quality job by adhering strictly to the specifications of the contract.
He stated this during an unscheduled on the spot inspection of the road in Okigwe LGA of Imo state.
Hon. Engr. Chukwu reechoed the high premium Governor Uzodinma places on Standard project execution hence the appointment of 3 SAs for Project Monitoring respectively for the 3 zones of the state to ensure effective monitoring.
While painstakingly measuring the entire work progress on the dual carriageway with 8meters being the width of each of them and the entire asphalted length being 985meters as well as the thickness of the asphalt, Engr. Chukwu went further to state that it was in line with his core mandate as an Engineer and the zero tolerance of Governor Uzodinma on substandard projects.
The SA to the Governor on Project monitoring Okigwe Zone who commended the contractor for returning to site as well as for the stone-base thickness of the ongoing road project, hinted that the inspection will be a regular one to ensure the execution of quality deliverables.
The Governor's aide identified a lane of the road without a drainage system and called on the contractor to ensure the construction of drainage system for the durability of the road project.
Earlier while welcoming Engr. Chukwu and his team to the site office, the contractor handling the project Mr. Laun assured that the road will be very durable when completed adding that, he and his team have enjoyed the cooperation of the residents of the area so far.
Conducting the SA to the Governor round on the inspection, the site manager Mr. Jiang promised that they will step up and ensure the use of projects best practices especially on observations made by Hon. Engr. Chukwu in order to deliver quality job.
Comrade Eberechukwu Okechukwu
Bureau for Project Monitoring Okigwe Zone Media

https://www.facebook.com/100531545050616/posts/221815089588927/?app=fbl

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:25am On Jan 22, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 1:58am On Jan 22, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
S.A TO THE GOVERNOR ON PROJECT MONITORING OKIGWE ZONE ENGR. FRANCIS CHUKWU UNDERTAKES AN ON THE SPOT INSPECTION OF THE ONGOING DUAL-CARRIAGE OWERRI ROAD IN OKIGWE LGA.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Project Monitoring Okigwe Zone Hon. Engr. Francis Chukwu has charged the contractor handling the on going 2.5km Dual carriage Owerri road Okigwe, Eighteenth Engineering Company to ensure quality job by adhering strictly to the specifications of the contract.
He stated this during an unscheduled on the spot inspection of the road in Okigwe LGA of Imo state.
Hon. Engr. Chukwu reechoed the high premium Governor Uzodinma places on Standard project execution hence the appointment of 3 SAs for Project Monitoring respectively for the 3 zones of the state to ensure effective monitoring.
While painstakingly measuring the entire work progress on the dual carriageway with 8meters being the width of each of them and the entire asphalted length being 985meters as well as the thickness of the asphalt, Engr. Chukwu went further to state that it was in line with his core mandate as an Engineer and the zero tolerance of Governor Uzodinma on substandard projects.
The SA to the Governor on Project monitoring Okigwe Zone who commended the contractor for returning to site as well as for the stone-base thickness of the ongoing road project, hinted that the inspection will be a regular one to ensure the execution of quality deliverables.
The Governor's aide identified a lane of the road without a drainage system and called on the contractor to ensure the construction of drainage system for the durability of the road project.
Earlier while welcoming Engr. Chukwu and his team to the site office, the contractor handling the project Mr. Laun assured that the road will be very durable when completed adding that, he and his team have enjoyed the cooperation of the residents of the area so far.
Conducting the SA to the Governor round on the inspection, the site manager Mr. Jiang promised that they will step up and ensure the use of projects best practices especially on observations made by Hon. Engr. Chukwu in order to deliver quality job.
Comrade Eberechukwu Okechukwu
Bureau for Project Monitoring Okigwe Zone Media

https://www.facebook.com/100531545050616/posts/221815089588927/?app=fbl

BastardWike, OruExpress, IkengaAwo, Nwaforigbo, Ease, - come and see o; urban development has started in Okigwe. Hopefully, you ain’t gonna commit suicide on seeing this.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwaforIgbo: 7:47am On Jan 22, 2021
In Rivers State Where I stay..... Before any road construction company pour asphalt or cement/chippings on any road, they would have digged out the top red soil to about 3 feat then sand fill it with sharp sand... That way the road last longer and is durable..

I do not understand why Imo with alot of Redsoil will decide to pour asphalt or concrete on red soil..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2021
Just got a call from my village that the Nigeria Army are having a gun battle with ESN. My people are running for their lives. Hope Uzodinma must not put the lives of people at risk.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2021
People are running to the bushes. Those that can’t run are indoors and praying and scared. Hope Uzodinma and Buhari should tell the soldiers to go to Borno and fight Boko Haram.

The search for ESN security operatives in Orlu is getting hotter.

Modified

Just called and was told helicopters were seen yesterday hovering around. Today was gunshots and people running.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2021
discusant:

[s]

BastardWike, OruExpress, IkengaAwo, Nwaforigbo, Ease, - come and see o; urban development has started in Okigwe. Hopefully, you ain’t gonna commit suicide on seeing this.[/s]

Stop talking nonsense, you wet blanket.
Has there ever been a time when rural or semi urban areas like Okigwe and Orlu were totally abandoned? It is just in your head because you're envying Owerri.

Let me tell you what you don't know, building roads alone without significant private sector investments in Orlu or Okigwe will never make the towns to develop. Private investors must come in for any place to develop optimally.

SOB!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2021
Beremx:
People are running to the bushes. Those that can’t run are indoors and praying and scared. Hope Uzodinma and Buhari should tell the soldiers to go to Borno and fight Boko Haram.

Modified

Just called and was told helicopters were seen yesterday hovering around. Today was gunshots and people running.
ESN people invited them when the chased police officer away and video it, declaring themselves outlaws, I support Buhari and Hope on this, those criminals are responsible for high crime rate in orlu recently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 9:01am On Jan 22, 2021
Beremx:

Modified

They want to set this country on fire but God pass them. There are armed civilian JTF in the NE, amotekun and other civilian armed groups in the SW all trying to protect their people against terrorists, so why attacking a civilian armed group in the SE trying to protect their people from terrorists? Self defense is a universal right and I haven't heard of ESN attacking any law abiding citizen.

Instead of taking their personnel to the NE and NW where their attention is gravely needed to save lives, they decide to be wasting their time, energy and resources chasing shadows.

God will protect ESN because they're on the side of justice.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2021
discusant:

Stop writing like a sonofabitch. Orlu population is slightly above half the population of Owerri. This Owerri population is made up by nearly 300,000 mobile students.
Consult Google to educate you.

Continue writing rubbish, village man. Student population in Owerri is 300,000 according to this bushman. I schooled at FUTO and the total population including both degree and post graduate is not more than 25,000. How many students are studying at Alvan, Nekede or IMSU?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 22, 2021
BastardWike:

They want to set this country on fire but God pass them. There are armed civilian JTF in the NE, amotekun and other civilian armed groups in the SW all trying to protect their people against terrorists, so why attacking a civilian armed group in the SE trying to protect their people from terrorists? Self defense is a universal right and I haven't heard of ESN attacking any law abiding citizen.

Instead of taking their personnel to the NE and NW where their attention is gravely needed to save lives, they decide to be wasting their time, energy and resources chasing shadows.

God will protect ESN because they're on the side of justice.
I beg to disagree since the advent of ESN insecurity in orlu snowballed, I have relatives on ground whom refused to drive around out of fear of being kidnapped especially that ihioma ihialla axis, I support the army to root out this miscreants abeg, am not trying to politically correct.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2021
My cousin who is a MOPOL officer attached to the Governor just called me and said it was actually police officers looking for hoodlums who killed some police officers and they refused to release the dead bodies of their colleagues.

The situation is calm now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
BastardWike:

Has there ever been a time when rural or semi urban areas like Okigwe and Orlu were totally abandoned? It is just in your head because you're envying Owerri.

Let me tell you what you don't know, building roads alone without significant private sector investments in Orlu or Okigwe will never make the towns to develop. Private investors must come in for any place to develop optimally.

SOB!!

Semi urban?

I grew up in Orlu early 80s and witnessed urban expansion in Orlu and Owerri at nearly the same rate.

Considering urban sprawl, Federal government built 3000 lines analog telephone exchange in Owerri, 1000 lines in Orlu, 1000 in Okigwe- hardly functioned - 500 in Oguta, 300 in Mgbidi.
Considering urban expansion and profit returns, Owerri and Orlu exchanges were later made Digital. From any where in the world, one dial, one could get to Orlu and Owerri on landline phone.
Treated Public water supply - boreholes system- was in Orlu then.

Orlu started to lose after Owerri seizes all tertiary education institutions in Imo state, Orlu lost its public water supply system but Owerri had new public water supply system built by Mbakwe. The same water supply systems for Orlu and Okigwe were not completed until Buhari military came; never completed till today.

I know a lot of places in Western Europe that had no public water supply system when we were enjoying public water supply system in Orlu.

Anyway, continue with your disdain for Orlu. Some inept politicians from the Orlu senatorial district are also to blame.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
BastardWike:

SOB!!

Bolded: hotels and brothels are about 99% the private sector investments in Owerri.

You know why the hotels and brothels are littered all over Owerri.

You have vehemently opposed removal of any of the 6 government tertiary education institutions in Owerri to any other place in Imo state.

So? How can you convince any one that you are not one of the hoteliers and brotheliers?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
discusant:

Semi urban?

I grew up in Orlu early 80s and witnessed urban expansion in Orlu and Owerri at nearly the same rate.

Considering urban sprawl, Federal government built 3000 lines analog telephone exchange in Owerri, 1000 lines in Orlu, 1000 in Okigwe- hardly functioned - 500 in Oguta, 300 in Mgbidi.
Considering urban expansion and profit returns, Owerri and Orlu exchanges were later made Digital. From any where in the world, one dial, one could get to Orlu and Owerri on landline phone.

Orlu started to lose after Owerri seizes all tertiary education institutions in Imo state, Orlu lost its public water supply system but Owerri had new public water supply system built by Mbakwe. The same water supply systems for Orlu and Okigwe were not completed until Buhari military came; never completed till today.

I know a lot of places in Western Europe that had no public water supply system when we were enjoying public water supply system in Orlu.

Anyway, continue with your disdain for Orlu. Some inept politicians from the Orlu senatorial district are also to blame.

I doubt this how an average Orlu man reason.. Cubans chief priest and a host of other Owerri die-hard lovers are from Orlu and they continually invest in Owerri. U must be an imposter
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
I'm being accused of being 50% of the ppl on this forum lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:

I doubt this how an average Orlu man reason.. Cubans chief priest and a host of other Owerri die-hard lovers are from Orlu and they continually invest in Owerri. U must be an imposter

You can hardly see any Owerri person invest in landed properties or business in Orlu, because they know that Owerri left nothing for Orlu to develop.

What gives you joy in Orlu people investing in landed properties and businesses in Owerri?

FYI, there are many state capitals less developed than the other towns in the same state.

In Imo state, primitive greed made Owerri people to have governments cluster all institutions of government in Imo state in Owerri during the military era.

That makes people from Orlu and Okigwe zones migrate to settle in Owerri.

People of Orlu and Okigwe zones got the lifelong punishment of building and maintaining two residential houses - one in Owerri where modern development institutions are restricted; the other in native Orlu and Okigwe zones where modern development institutions are denied.
O n’aso gi; the ugly situation is sweet for you.

Your Cubana man in Owerri does not count.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
@Ahamefuna0001.

Have you ever been to Mbari Okporo in Orlu? It is about twice the size of Cubana in Owerri.

The Mbari Okporo investment is how true sons invest in their hometowns. When will IMSG of Owerri do asphalt the dusty roads to Mbari Okporo?

Houses and humans cluster on both sides of the roads right from the junction of Orlu-Owerri road near Timber market to Mbari Okporo.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 2:00am On Jan 23, 2021
NwaforIgbo:

Maybe I should add "especially when there is limited resources"..

Imo state cannot develop Owerri and Orlu at the same pace.. You need to get that into your stupid skull.... We no rich reach that level!

How many people live in Orlu for example? How many people do business in Orlu.. Orlu is just a developing area for now that cannot contribute to the GDP of Imo State.... Is it not wise to invest in the cash-cow so that it will produce more resources for the rest of the cow?

Abia will make more money concentrating development effort in Aba than Umahia.. Its not about being emotional, its about knowing a profitable venture and maximizing its profit.....

The bolded doesn’t seem to come from a sane person.
Roman Empire would have crumbled on arrival if the emperors concentrated first on developing Rome at a faster pace than London, Naples, Madrid, etc.
How can a sane person tell, say Delta State government, to develop only Asaba at faster pace but let Warri, Agbor, Sapele wait? Or tell Nnewi, Onitsha to wait until Awka is fully developed faster by government? Nearly every development you find in Asaba, for example, has a replica in Warri.
There’s nothing man can’t hear from these Owerri things and people in Imo state.
Anyhow, God butters Owerri bread with governors who hardly understood their left from their right since 2007, as one was planting flowers in Owerri, the other said he was building Owerri mega city; mega city without public water supply system.

Nobody can yet see the direction of the present governor.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2021
OruExpress:
I'm being accused of being 50% of the ppl on this forum lol

Do not mind them brother. While others write only rubbish, abusive and lamentation words, you are feeding us with developmental pictures that gladdens our heart.
Keep on with your good works. Do not join those miserable lives who knows nothing but to abuse other Igbo brothers
Please give titles to the pictures you post so that we will know what and where they are
God bless brother
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 23, 2021
� FRESH NEWS

Imo State Government Has extended the road contract awarded to Eighteenth Engineering Company (EEC) in Okigwe Municipality of Imo State, to accommodate Okigwe New Stadium Dual carriage Road by Cho Genesis Hotel Okigwe .

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2021
NwaforIgbo:
In Rivers State Where I stay..... Before any road construction company pour asphalt or cement/chippings on any road, they would have digged out the top red soil to about 3 feat then sand fill it with sharp sand... That way the road last longer and is durable..

I do not understand why Imo with alot of Redsoil will decide to pour asphalt or concrete on red soil..

Are you sure about the bolded? Sandy soil is not good for any foundation. There are other reasons for scrapping the road three feet deep before refill.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2021
sanctity454:

ESN people invited them when the chased police officer away and video it, declaring themselves outlaws, I support Buhari and Hope on this, those criminals are responsible for high crime rate in orlu recently.

What is the need to have police men who cannot chase Fulani herdsmen away from certain communities. Or are you oblivious that Fulani herdsmen are noted kidnappers and serial killers? The criminals in this saga are the Fulani herdsmen and the police which looked the other way. ESN are local vigilantes which help the helpless communities to stem the criminal activities of Buhari, Hope and Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
Dedetwo:

What is the need to have police men who cannot chase Fulani herdsmen away from certain communities. Or are you oblivious that Fulani herdsmen are noted kidnappers and serial killers? The criminals in this saga are the Fulani herdsmen and the police which looked the other way. ESN are local vigilantes which help the helpless communities to stem the criminal activities of Buhari, Hope and Fulani herdsmen.
Their duty or purpose was to improve security in orlu right but to the contrary it worsen so I support any action that would route them out completely from orlu cos my lga is orsu
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2021
discusant:

Semi urban?

You can only make this type of statement if you lived in Orlu and Owerri at the same time. In 1982, I lived in Owerri but travel to Orlu every other day via Owerri\Orlu road which terminated at the T-junction the goes to Aji road. There is no human with good intellect that could remotely insinuate that urban expansion in Orlu and Owerri was nearly at the same rate.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2021
sanctity454:

Their duty or purpose was to improve security in orlu right but to the contrary it worsen so I support any action that would route them out completely from orlu cos my lga is orsu

Whose duty are you on about? Are you referring to the police? If you reference of duty is remotely pointed to ESN, you have to rethink. You have already branded ESN criminals and then talk about their duty. You cannot eat your cake and have it. You and ilk have moronically branded ESN criminals and welcome the Hisbah in northern region as angels.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
Dedetwo:

Whose duty are you on about? Are you referring to the police? If you reference of duty is remotely pointed to ESN, you have to rethink. You have already branded ESN criminals and then talk about their duty. You cannot eat your cake and have it. You and ilk have moronically branded ESN criminals and welcome the Hisbah in northern region as angels.
Am not trying to be politically correct, ihioma axis is my locality, kins are afraid of random kidnap operation that is prevalent recently, hisbah is non of my business, I want a secured neighborhood, is that too much to ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.