Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402398 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
sanctity454:

Hope did that already, that made zinox to unveil plans to roll massive optic fibre.
I think is 2500 naira per km now
zinox? Any link to that?

Seen the hope intervention ..though it says 145n per km in this report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techeconomy.ng/2020/05/broadband-imo-state-crashes-right-of-way-charges-from-n4500-to-n145-per-meter/amp/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
asha80:
zinox? Any link to that?

Seen the hope intervention ..though it says 145n per km in this report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techeconomy.ng/2020/05/broadband-imo-state-crashes-right-of-way-charges-from-n4500-to-n145-per-meter/amp/

Yes I was wrong with the figure
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2021
RareDiamonds:
This is a very nice development.

Do you know if Imo State have started receiving revenue from the recovered oil wells? Is there any information on the names and number of towns and communities moved to Imo State from Rivers State ?

I don't have that information, when I do I will share it here
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

This RAMP initiative is beginning to sound like what was done in Anambra state which made them have the best rural roads in the country...

I HOPE it is sustained... Will go a long way in opening up our rural areas

Side note: Let Hope just close eyes and help us construct the road from Owerri to Umuahia, via Egbu

I pray so, all this roads are FG roads sha,
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Idiko1: 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
NigeriaIsZOO:

Can't trees and flowers be planted at the sides and median?

Talk is cheap!!! Planting of trees and flowers is the easy part. The main difficult part is maintenance. The trees and flowers have a very good chance to overgrow and constitute another safety hazard for road users. I suggest solid cementing and what should be done afterward is sweeping.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2021
Idiko1:

Talk is cheap!!! Planting of trees and flowers is the easy part. The main difficult part is maintenance. The trees and flowers have a very good chance to overgrow and constitute another safety hazard for road users. I suggest solid cementing and what should be done afterward is sweeping.
I humbly disagree, they are over 200 women employed to plant and maintain greenery, if not for anything, but to keep those women engaged and improve the ecosystem
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
What is this multi storey structure gonna used for

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Idiko1: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2021
sanctity454:

I humbly disagree, they are over 200 women employed to plant and maintain greenery, if not for anything, but to keep those women engaged and improve the ecosystem

Please expatiate on this plank. I hate short measures without adequate plan on our ability to do. Only 200 women and no men employed to maintain greenery of Owerri town. By the way, do they have motorized and pneumatic vehicles and power trimmers? What of crushers for the cutoff tree branches? Even the sweeping of the roads must be mechanized.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2021
Idiko1:

Please expatiate on this plank. I hate short measures without adequate plan on our ability to do. Only 200 women and no men employed to maintain greenery of Owerri town. By the way, do they have motorized and pneumatic vehicles and power trimmers? What of crushers for the cutoff tree branches? Even the sweeping of the roads must be mechanized.
Am sure they have power trimmers, and men are employed also, it's a new office, I hope they will get other equipments listed above with time.
I don't like the idea of turning our city to concrete jungle, the same reason why I hate lagos but loves Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Idiko1: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
sanctity454:

Am sure they have power trimmers, and men are employed also, it's a new office, I hope they will get other equipments listed above with time.
I don't like the idea of turning our city to concrete jungle, the same reason why I hate lagos but loves Abuja

This is a complete hogwash. Since you are sure of power trimmers, could you name one? With time is absolutely no time. This equally shows lack of plan. For any fool to think Owerri in greenery instance, the first things to assemble are workers and their tools. The seeds and seedlings are very secondary. This is typical of African man who wants goodies but cannot put plans together for them.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
Idiko1:

This is a complete hogwash. Since you are sure of power trimmers, could you name one? With tine is absolutely no time. This equally shows lack of plan. For any fool to think Owerri in greenery instance, the first things to assemble are workers and their tools. The seeds and seedlings are very secondary. This is typical of African man who wants goodies but cannot put plans together for them.

Am not government appointee or have close contact with those in government, am just trying to keep this thread updated.
And I won't tolerate foul language on my personality again. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
Update on orlu-owerri road

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
sanctity454:

Keep it up, bro!

You are doing a great job on this thread.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
SmartPolician:

Keep it up, bro!

You are doing a great job on this thread.
Thanks
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
sanctity454:
I just hope work on owerri to okigwe hasn't stalled
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
I must commend hope on the level of road infrastructures he is doing in Owerri vicinity..

He is trying on that aspect..

And also am happy for owerri as a city general, you can never be bored if you re in Owerri.. the problem is
Do you have money, because Owerri sure isn't for the fainthearted.

Bigger Nigeria I pray kiss

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
asha80:
and also the naze ihiagwa road..
Seems it has stalled at nekede..

Any idea why is that
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
asha80:
I agree totally
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
seankafor:
and also the naze ihiagwa road..
Seems it has stalled at nekede..

Any idea why is that
No it's still ongoing, drain works are ongoing on that section
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by hedonister: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
I think the current governor is trying as far as roads are concerned. Let's see how far he can go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqB2hiwkgAE

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
IMO STATE PUBLIC ENLIGHTENMENT

IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI

Governor Hope Uzodimma Directs The Immediate Reactivation Of Imo State University Water Scheme.

Since 2014, the Imo State University water scheme has been abandoned to decay.

The students and the entire University community will soon heave a sigh of relief, as His Excellency, Governor Hope Uzodimma has directed the
reactivation of the University water scheme. Already, work has commenced since last week and is ongoing.

The 150, 000 gallons capacity Braithwaite Elevated Water tank is in very bad condition as all the internal brazings are to be replaced.

The first phase of the rehabilitation involves:-

1. Redevelopment of two (2nos) boreholes.
2. Procurement and installation of two ( 2nos ) 20 Horsepower submersible pumps/accessories, 3. Complete reconstruction of the 150 000 gallons elevated water tank.
4. Complete overhaul of the perkins generator set that powers the water works.
5 Relaying of internal pipe networks in phases.
6. Procurement and laying of 2km pipeline from mbari Street to the University to connect the University to the public water supply from the Otamiri headworks.

The University water scheme will be a standby.

The reactivation of the water scheme forms part of the efforts of the Governor Uzodimma led administration to turn around the fortunes of the Imo State University.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
Guess the location

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
sanctity454:
Guess the location
new owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 11:37pm On Apr 10, 2021
sanctity454:
Guess the location

That should be towards NTA
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 11, 2021
40 40 junction New Owerri
Everyday supermarket new branch can see on a red roofing sheet

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by anselem87(m): 5:57am On Apr 11, 2021
sanctity454:
the first picture doesn't look like 40 40 junction

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by anselem87(m): 6:11am On Apr 11, 2021
fence is what I hate most, it's the ugliest thing in Nigerian cities even our so called hotels even have fence instead of underground car parks the way it's done in the West, Asians even in some African countries, and row buildings is what makes city beautiful but our people gives a lot of space to each building
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by anselem87(m): 6:15am On Apr 11, 2021
sanctity454:
so everyday supermarket was the one that bought that place? and I wish gigantic buildings can be build on those two plots that is facing rento hotel
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2021
anselem87:
so everyday supermarket was the one that bought that place? and I wish gigantic buildings can be build on those two plots that is facing rento hotel
Yes everyday group bought it, and the proposed building might be the biggest everyday supermarket right now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2021
sanctity454:
Guess the location

I can see the fence of protea hotel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.