Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,575 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! (1702 Views)

Gurus Pls Help Me Resolve My Fiverr Withdrawal Issues / Dual Core & Other Gurus, Pls Check This: / Php Code For Search Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 9:34am On Sep 22, 2012
I want to design a barcode for one of my products for sale in supermarkets. I have been given some numbers by GS1. It is an EAN number, ie 13 digits. The problem now is that I went to my core draw 12 and saw insert bar code. I actually saw the EAN type but it needs me to add an add-on number code which is not part of the number given to me. I actually added number 1 to the end but when I finished, I got one big code and another small one. My question now is how do I remove the small barcode cos from other products I've seen, like KLIN and JOY soap, they only have that first big code which contains 13 digits?
Pls gurus, help me or is there a special software for creating one?
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by DualCore1: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2012
If there's no security risk involved, post the 13-digit EAN here so people can help you generate your barcode.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2012
6156000089137. This is one of them.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2012
Still here @ dual core. If you don't have much time, may I know if there is a software to use and what kind exactly?
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by DualCore1: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2012
Will get back to you in a few minutes

Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by DualCore1: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2012
You can create more using http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/generator/

There are many other generators, some time in the past I was toying with this thing and made a PHP barcode class that I never really used thereafter.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2012
@ dual core. Thanks a lot man. U are great!
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by yawatide(f): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
I remember doing this in photoshop many, many moons ago. It was one of the font types.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
@ yewatide, nice one. Do you still do it? Or have you forgotten it? Can it be done with photoshop? Just curious....
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by yawatide(f): 12:32am On Sep 23, 2012
I hope you still can.

I last did this, maybe 5 years or so ago. A designer had showed me how. If google is anything to go by and trust, you still might be able to use photoshop to do it. I just did a search and it returned thousands of hits.

Give it a try and report back to us.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 4:17am On Sep 23, 2012
Thankx yewatide. Am grateful.

Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
Dual Core: You can create more using http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/generator/

There are many other generators, some time in the past I was toying with this thing and made a PHP barcode class that I never really used thereafter.
do you know how it can be resized? Adjusting the height and width seems troublesome to me, and how do I copy to my desktop for use? I clicked on it and it took me to photoshop. Do I need photoshop to edit it? Pls help.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by flexinet: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
If you are familiar with Corel Draw application you should be able to generate your barcode with ease.

Or better still contact a creative graphics designer that will help you out.

Good luck.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by Afrocatalyst: 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
I tried with corel draw but didn't work. Read my first post and see my experiences with that. The one dual core gave to me, i mean the link, worked well. My problem now is how to re size it for the space I want to use it for, and also how to save it from that link to my desktop without passing through photoshop. Pls help and am grateful for your input. Thankx.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by DualCore1: 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
On that site I recall you have about 3 different formats to choose from including PNG and JPG.
Resize it using any photo editor like MS Paint or Adobe Fireworks.
Re: Gurus Pls Help With Bar Code Design! by makaveiljojo: 7:51am On Dec 19, 2013
Many industries can be integrated into GS1 specification when the Application Identifier is used. This useful function enables barcodes to encode some special information, such as locations, measurements, traceability and so on. In GS1-128 barcode symbology, AI appears after the FNC1 used to identify the GS1 system. Besides, if necessary, FNC1 can be used as Separator Character.
Please refer to this to learn more about how GS1-128 works: GS1-128/EAN-128
As for the resizing part, I don't know if you are using GS1-128 font or control to generate, but you can alter the data of the height and width in the code to change the size. Tip: there usually is a max and min value of the size.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make Money From My Website That Has High Traffic? / Naija Adsense For Sale @ 15k / Blogging Niches And Why You Shouldn't Join

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.