Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Help With Business Idea Please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help With Business Idea Please (1654 Views)

I Need A Business Idea Please ; Help A Nairalander / As A Person With Business Ideas, How Can You Turn N40,000 Into Millions? / Powdered beer business idea - Please discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Business Idea Please by woma123: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some help with developing my ideas for a business.I live in the UK at the moment and am planning to move back to Nigeria shortly. I do not plan to work for a company any longer, and have narrowed down my options to the following:

1. Corporate event planning - I have a lot of experience in this field abroad but not in Nigeria. Does anyone know if companies mainly plan events in house or if they outsource to planners like myself? Would I have to rely on personal connections to market my services?

2. Poultry farming - Would be grateful if someone could give an approximate figure of how much is required to start this business and further sources of information on poultry farming.

I am not going to quote a figure as my budget just yet, but I would like some general ideas.

Thanks!
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by Businesstools(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
I do not think extending into Wedding planning is a bad idea.If you have got sufficient cash,I'll also suggest you get a piece of land in a good location for events such as weddings.You do not need to build any concrete structure on the piece of land.All you need is to build a tent with tarpauline.You will also need plastic chairs,decorations and other fittings.Should you require a business plan,visit www.businesstoolsng.com for expert help.Our mission is to provide you with a manual to help you manage your business successfully.Cheers
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by biz1234: 2:07am On Sep 23, 2012
Why don't you start an internet business, precisely information marketing. Sell your expertise in the form of a solution to some one Else's problem. For instance, there are millions of people out there who want to go into poultry business but don't know how. You can package an information product and present to such people in exchange for money. There is no limit to what you can do with information marketing. The whole world is your market place. Consider internet business.
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by chemashie(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2012
Check my facebook page here www.facebook.com/NaijaMarketPlace then contact me if you like to partner with us.
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by joebol: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Send a mail to us we will give you free feasibility on
Poultry and fish farming. Joebol2011@mail.com
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by jossy26: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Omo people no wan give free information again oo
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by woma123: 12:13am On Sep 24, 2012
Thanks to all who replied with suggestions.

@jossy26 - abi o!
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by iyke10: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2012
check this site www.explorefreedom.com/bestmove

Watch the video brilliant compensation

thanks
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by keemax(f): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi woma123.
My piece:
1. Since you have a lot of experience in corporate event planning - that is your comfort zone, stay there.
Dont go into poultry business out of what else can I do, or I dont have a choice; it could lead to frustration. You will be switching from people to animals - the question is which do you prefer to work with? I leave that to you.
3. Connections for getting corporate event account seems tasking to you.
If it is so, I would suggest you take your corporate event knowledge to another height. Why not service other corporate event planners who are ahead of you in the race in Nigeria?

Servicing means providing consultancy and/or training services. Sub-niches to address can include:
corporate event billing.
Use of technology in corporate planning.
Lastest trends and vogue in corporate event planning.
Understanding your client needs for an event.
Etiquettes for service personnel during corporate events.
Designs for event places.
Finance for the corporate event planner.
Honestly, I can go on and on - but the most important is that the land is green for you.

Finally, before you pack your bag and baggage home, test the market by scheduling a training program on your sub-niche topic here in Nigeria. Take a full or half paper advert in a national daily paper; invite a notable name in corporate event planning as a fellow resource person - it gives crediblity to the program and helps you launch your career.
Flaunt the fact you are coming and bringing your expertise from UK. Let a graphic designer/ad copy writer help you bring out the training message.
Let's get to hear the outcome.

I hope it helps. Wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Help With Business Idea Please by keemax(f): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi woma123.
My piece:
1. Since you have a lot of experience in corporate event planning - that is your comfort zone, stay there.
Dont go into poultry business out of what else can I do, or I dont have a choice; it could lead to frustration. You will be switching from people to animals - the question is which do you prefer to work with? I leave that to you.
3. Connections for getting corporate event account seems tasking to you.
If it is so, I would suggest you take your corporate event knowledge to another height. Why not service other corporate event planners who are ahead of you in the race in Nigeria?

Servicing means providing consultancy and/or training services. Sub-niches to address can include:
corporate event billing.
Use of technology in corporate planning.
Lastest trends and vogue in corporate event planning.
Understanding your client needs for an event.
Etiquettes for service personnel during corporate events.
Designs for event places.
Finance for the corporate event planner.
Honestly, I can go on and on - but the most important is that the land is green for you.

Finally, before you pack your bag and baggage home, test the market by scheduling a training program on your sub-niche topic here in Nigeria. Take a full or half paper advert in a national daily paper; invite a notable name in corporate event planning as a fellow resource person - it gives crediblity to the program and helps you launch your career.
Flaunt the fact you are coming and bringing your expertise from UK. Let a graphic designer/ad copy writer help you bring out the training message.
Let's get to hear the outcome.

I hope it helps. Wish you success.
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by woma123: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
Keemax,

Great suggestions, thank you! I may go ahead and put together a training programme. Will see how it goes.
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by keemax(f): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
My pleasure
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by biz1234: 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
The good thing is that internet businesses requires little of your time on a daily basis, and if done rightly, can pay you huge commission at the end of every month for life.
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by sp2002(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2012
I WILL ADVICE YOU GO INTO POULTRY FARMING AS OUR FIRM IS READY TO PUT YOU THROUGH. POULTRY FARMING IS THE MOST PROFITABLE AND FAST GROWING AGRIC. BUSINESS IN NIGERIA. WE ESTABLISH FOR NEW BEGINNERS AND CONSULT FOR EXISTING FARMERS. FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
RUKRIL FARMS AND FEEDMILL
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by emmatuxz(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
We are celebrating Nigerian's independence with a subsidise empowerment training for 30 people on Cold starch,bodyspray,airfreshner,bleach,liquid soap,laundry soap,medicated,antiseptic and herbal soap.reserve your seat by sending your name and phone number to 08094308771,training fee #2000
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by biz1234: 5:19am On Oct 09, 2012
Good business idea, but I still believe you can reach more people by taking your business on the internet.
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by Lacuzy: 8:36am On Oct 09, 2012
i am into corporate event. Cal me on 07066263368 for more info
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by sp2002(m): 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
sp2002: I WILL ADVICE YOU GO INTO POULTRY FARMING AS OUR FIRM IS READY TO PUT YOU THROUGH. POULTRY FARMING IS THE MOST PROFITABLE AND FAST GROWING AGRIC. BUSINESS IN NIGERIA. WE ESTABLISH FOR NEW BEGINNERS AND CONSULT FOR EXISTING FARMERS. FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
RUKRIL FARMS AND FEEDMILL
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by NVasion: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
I am into Art & Craft. Cane, bamboo & Rafia indoor & garden furnitures, hampers & other stuffs as well. I have a project that I can give out to you on no charges, but to share profit according to our agreement. U can visit www.naijavasion..com to see little of my work. U can also contact me on 08098323038. Lukmon
Re: Help With Business Idea Please by biz1234: 4:43am On Oct 11, 2012
You can package your ideas in the form of an information product and sell it on the internet, better still, you can build a website and teach people the act of corporate planning. You will be amazed at the number of people that need your expertise.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody In D House, Pls Tel Me About Banking Law, My 2milion Waz Just Sized Now / Union Homes Continued Closure. / Unfair: See How Much I Was Charged Per Dollar (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.