Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head (23659 Views)

The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) / Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty / Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by jamil2(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2012
Tsinannun Albarka at it again! Allah na gode maka da ka hallice ni Musulmi! Ma sha Allahu la kuwwata illah bil lah!
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2012
fellis:
I don't speak Arabic but that does not mean that I would give up on learning the Quran completely. There are translations and explanations (Tafsir) that explain the Quran and help you know if your translation tallies with the intended message.
You just weren't interested in learning.

The Quran does not promote intolerance. There are verses in it that talk about being just and kind to people we live and interact with but you would not know this would you? Considering the fact that you didn't learn the meaning of the contents of the book. Nowhere in the Quran can be found support for intolerance like you made it seem. The Prophet and the first Muslims used to set examples for others with their accomodating and forgiving nature towards non Muslims. There is a Hadith that mentions how Prophet Muhammed (SAW) was constantly being troubled by a certain woman among the non-Muslims who used to pile heaps of garbage in front of his house just to make life difficult for him. That woman fell ill one day and the Prophet paid her a visit to console her and wish her well inspite of all the things she used to do to him. He would not have done that if the religion he was propagating teaches intolerance of others.

This doesn't make sense. You went to get excerpts from a book which a non-Muslim and enemy of Islam wrote to find out about Islam. If you want to find out the true teachings of Islam, you can't go to an anti-Islamic source to do that. It is like me a female, going to ask a man-hating feminist to help me understand men and tell me what they are really like. She is bound to paint a negative picture of them for me just like the author of your book is painting a negative picture of Islam.

This is false and Islam does not support suicidal terrorism. The verse that prohibits suicide is pretty explicit; there is nothing ambiguous about it. It says, 'Do not kill yourselves, indeed Allah is to you ever Merciful. Besides there are Hadiths that give further directives against suicide and those are enough for anyone who is truly interested in following the Religion.

Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. The verses you quoted that sounded harsh to unbelievers were not meant to show hate, they were meant to serve as a warning and detterent to sin. And nowhere in the Qur'an can be found anything to show that the innocent victims of Sept. 11 were supposed to be fuel for any fire. Muslims don't even support the terrorist attacks that took place that day and they sympathize with the victims.
The Islamic teachings on the subject of hating or fighting non Muslims can be summed up in the following verses; Quran 60:7-8
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

The solution is simple. Put 5 verses from the quran about unbelievers. Lets see if the Quran is intolerant. Simple solution of course that Fellis will run away from
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Aussie(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2012
Witj dur respect to all, i need a muslim to come out here and condemn this Pakistani minister. His utterance is provocative and cpable of kindling more protests and unrest. I can't beleive even Nigerian muslims in Jos and Kano, lately joined the protests. Pls, muslims, come out and condenm the Pakistani minister's advice.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by dexmond: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Bint Marwan was killed in the front of her children

You study too. Great, how I wish they study their books, am sure one after the other they will see the true nature of Islam. We will continue to expose it by revealing those things that hitherto had been hidden from them. Thanks to the WWW.The Quran and Hadiths are readily available on Islamic sites.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by eduson55(m): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2012
i nearly bursted grin grin after reading his comments..
shai,uwa wu paw paw
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2012
manny4life:

My friend, STOP talking unwarranted thrash. The last I check, we're in 2012 and not 1666.

More thousands during the crusades? Crusades between Islam and Catholic Church right?

When you say "the church", isn't that supposedly the Roman Catholic Church"? When did Christianity start? You're liar, what church witch hunts and kills homosexuals? Let alone in the name of God? My friend, quit the lying jor, haba, do you have to lie to justify your words?

Here you go again with you one-eyed theories. No, you should say Christianity has ALWAYS remained peaceful since the day of Elijah and John the Baptist, the Papacy has nothing whatsoever with Christian peacefulness. The Papcy was not there when Christ came into this world, neither where they there when Jesus walked the earth, died and ascended into heaven. They lost their political power from Rome, TRUE but it had nothing whatsoever to do with how Christians emulate the ways of Christ.

Heresy was a crime in the Roman Republic so it was a crime in the Roman Catholic Church as well, the Roman Catholic Church has come a long way down history. Yes, 500 or 1,000 years ago, it would have happened because that was their belief, it was barbaric, but this is 1,000 years after, THINGS HAVE CHANGED. We're moving with time, so you can either dwell on history to justify the current barbaric methods of Islam or you can either change ways and REPENT, and seek the face of God.

There's nothing WRONG with the history of my religion, I DO NOT DWELL ON THE HISTORY OF MY RELIGION, however, I dwell on the words - the guidance and core principals of my religion. Even the Bible said that from the day earth was created, THERE WAS SIN. So please, drop this your words, it's not working. We all have come a long way from the days of the old, there are principles we live by. Roman Catholics did not kill because GOD asked them to or because God promised them 70 virgins, they committed several sins due to their canal knowledge. However, time has changed. Christianity was born, and there's the different approach.
Mr Gay the great LIER..Soon,you will become a Gay Bishop.Have you MASTURBATED this morning just as your pastor chris has directed you to?You must have bought all the diapers in the nearest shop in ur area just to save your licking ass.I will rather listen or read from a real xtain than a Gay xtain.The earlier u quit being a gay,the better for you.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by raypapy(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2012
Nice words bro
shymexx: But why did they declare war against Muslims?

Who cares if they're barbaric - let's lead by example and allow freedom of religion...

No culture is superior - and the West peddling cultural superiority that would make the world more divided is a bad precedence at this stage in our civilisation and consciousness...

It's a free world! - and history is repeating itself... This was the same way they called African religions barbaric and waged war against our cultures and religions - then forced Christianity on us... We all know where we Africans are after centuries of indoctrination - we're still the lowest race of people on this planet!
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Babaken(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2012
Chanchit: I knw that man is a dead man alive, cos this religion of peace people will spend their last kobo to catch that director, the prize will keep rising until they kill him.
and who tell you that america will allow anything happen to that guy
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Aussie(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2012
For the sake of knowledge, my dear Holy Book, the BIBLE, teaches me not to KILL in whatever name or for ANY reason, please, my Muslim friends, does the QURAN negate this, i mean, does the Islamis Holy Book teach us to kill anyone who insults the great Prophet Mohammed (SAW)
NOTE, I AM OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH, JUST CURIOUS.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Parnassuss(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2012
After reading my eyes out I can proudly say "I am not a Christian." Not the sort that most posters on this thread are anyway. There seems to be a relish, a deep delight in castigating Islam that goes beyond a will to correct. Christ said love one another and turn the other cheek time and time again. If we cannot do this then we have right to chastise anybody for misrepresenting their faiths. Freedom of speech also gives you the freedom to shut up at will.

Muslims, you guys are not doing yourselves any favours by trying to defend this obviously indefensible act. That said I believe this minister is doing this in his capacity as a human with money and no brains, not as a muslim or a state minister. I bet you his superiors would want to sack him but they'd be afraid of the backlash that would cause.

NB, 9-11 was orchestrated by the US govt, Osama was the biggest fool in the world not to come out and deny his hand in it vehemently!

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by bknight: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2012
In years 2000 and 2003 an author Dan Brown published two novels (Angels&Demons and Da Vinci Code respectively) about Jesus, Christianity, etc full of despicable fact-fiction writings of what many considered to be blasphemous. Instead, many theologians, scholar and free thinkers were attracted to his unbiased dimension and thrown on a quest for truth.

In d late 80's-early 90's a writer/researcher Salman Rushdie wrote about prophet mohammed and islam, hell was let loose. The world of islam put a bounty on him by an arab king. Rushdie had to go into hiding, sort asylum and was granted elsewhere.

Some of these despicable writings abt one's religion shld open one's eyes to d quest for truth abt d religion and not following paths of dogmatism and act like hypnotized bigot.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by salykely(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2012
odehaj: They can't get him. Have they been able to get Solman Rushdie?He wrote 'the satanic verses'...exposing Islam a great deal. That Mohammed obtained some verses from satan. The Iranian govt keep reviewing upward the bounty now is $3.3M

u are a big fool, av u read d book? Rushdie wrote a fiction and nt a fact. How can a book meant to be a fiction be exposing islam.

Please can any church or christian org or pastor come forth for a sane and sober debate? We muslims will bear d cost
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by chreldb(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2012
I am no lawyer but methinks that when a government official from any country makes such a declaration it should be considered a crime against humanity. Them dumbfvck minister is encouraging crime and murder here and should be declared wanted. My question is that is it not possible for him to be prosecuted at the ICC for this? Please can any lawyer here well abreast with international law answer this question for me. thanks
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by dexmond: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2012
saly kely:

u are a big fool, av u read d book? Rushdie wrote a fiction and nt a fact. How can a book meant to be a fiction be exposing islam.

Please can any church or christian org or pastor come forth for a sane and sober debate? We muslims will bear d cost

Did a similar thing not happen when the prophet was alive?
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by salykely(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2012
bknight: In years 2000 and 2003 an author Dan Brown published two novels (Angels&Demons and Da Vinci Code respectively) about Jesus, Christianity, etc full of despicable fact-fiction writings of what many considered to be blasphemous. Instead, many theologians, scholar and free thinkers were attracted to his unbiased dimension and thrown on a quest for truth.

In d late 80's-early 90's a writer/researcher Salman Rushdie wrote about prophet mohammed and islam, hell was let loose. The world of islam put a bounty on him by an arab king. Rushdie had to go into hiding, sort asylum and was granted elsewhere.

Some of these despicable writings abt one's religion shld open one's eyes to d quest for truth abt d religion and not following paths of dogmatism and act like hypnotized bigot.

honestly av u read d satanic verse? That book is a novel and a fiction, nt until u read it u wnt understand d anger. Many books av been writen against islam and d prophet which did nt attract anger 4rm d muslim world, we muslims would react by writing rejoinders, but how do u react to a work dat does nt appeal to rationality and reason bt directed to stare up anger and hatred.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:
The solution is simple. Put 5 verses from the quran about unbelievers. Lets see if the Quran is intolerant. Simple solution of course that Fellis will run away from
Q 7:199- Take to forgiveness and enjoin good and turn aside from the ignorant.
Q 2:109- . . .many of the Followers of the Book wish that they could turn you back into unbelievers after your faith, out of envy from themselves, (even) after the truth has become manifest to them; but pardon and forgive, so that Allah should bring about His command. . .
Q 5:8- O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness and justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you to not act equitably. Act equitably, that is nearer to piety.
Q 41:34- And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil) with what is best, and he between whom and you was enmity would be as if he were a warm friend.
Q 109, (basically the whole chapter talks about letting the unbelievers go their way to practise their religion) - Say to unbelievers, I serve not what you serve and you serve not what I serve, so to you, your way and to me, mine.

4 Likes

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by SimplySEA(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2012
impetus:

Ure a terrorist, u also deserve to die.
bella was only being sarcastic! She's not muslim. Try to read from d beginnin, i'm sure u'd understand.
it's unfortunate d kind of power certain humans has possessed now -decidin who gets to die and who lives. Has anybody heard of d "satanic verses"? (google it, and u may be amazed!). D leader of turkey,in d wake of recent events, re-established d $3M bounty on d writer of dat books!
It may suprise u to know dat every event so far is all a conspiracy to takeover world power from d west! The producer of d movie originates from where? Egypt? Where was movie directed? Last week a member of d Islamic Brotherhood of egypt openly didn't deny their goal on an interview in d wake of recent event - to establish an islamic caliphate for d world (can't remember his exact words) and to make islam d only religion. Their best weapon is fear, terror and our only chance is d West. D nuclear developments in d middle east and d constant threats of iran doesn't pass any msg? It's all a conspiracy and unfortunately for us all d US is shakened already! D conspirators are using d loopholes in US law against them - d freedom of expression. "Kill d giant wit its strength, if u can't do it wit yrs". I pray US find a way around dis mess for all our sakes!
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by salykely(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2012
fellis:
Q 2:109- . . .many of the Followers of the Book wish that they could turn you back into unbelievers after your faith, out of envy from themselves, (even) after the truth has become manifest to them; but pardon and forgive, so that Allah should bring about His command. . .
Q 5:8- O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness and justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you to not act equitably. Act equitably, that is nearer to piety.
Q 41:34- And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil) with what is best, and he between whom and you was enmity would be as if he were a warm friend.
Q 109, (basically the whole chapter talks about letting the unbelievers go their way to practise their religion) - Say to unbelievers, I serve not what you serve and you serve not what I serve, so to you, your way and to me, mine.

may Allah reward u
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by felixzo1(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2012
Bélla3: You people are just being stupid. Anyone that insults our holy prophet deserves to DIE. BLOODY KEFIRI'S
i thought it is unlawfal and sinful to kill. Does killing for God makes killing right. Two wrong can never make a right
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by odehaj: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2012
saly kely:

Read your lips."come forth for a sane and sober debate" except the person wants to commit suicide. A two year old would stand up to your Muhammed(if alive) in a debate and win any day YOU CAN't DEFEND TRUTH!You defend Islam because its not th truth.come to a debate with u?If i ask you one question u will say 'blasphemy'.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by dederocs(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2012
Bélla3: You people are just being stupid. Anyone that insults our holy prophet deserves to DIE. BLOODY KEFIRI'S
ı just pray the republıcans wın the US ELECTION,I CANT WAIT FOR THE THIRD WORLD WAR TO BEGIN,LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE...I RATHER SEE THE WORLD TORN APART BY A NUCLEAR CATASTROPHE THAN GIVE AWAY MY FREEDOMS ALL COS SOME DUMMIES THINK OTHERWISE.
NEVER MISTAKE CALMNESS FOR COWARDICE,WHEN THE BOMBS START FALLING ALL OF YOU PLUS THE MINISTER WILL DIE LIKE CHICKENS.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2012
fellis:

Thank you

Your first verse calls unbeliever ignorant? Intolerance

Your second verse calls the unbelievers envious and deniers of truth? Intolerance? What is Allah's command? To burn the unbelievers in hell?

Your third verse says that unbelievers will stop you from believeing out of hatred.

Your forth verse is saying that the unbelievers are evil but repel them with kindness.

Your fifth verse is okay.To each to their own.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by MacDaddy01: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2012
saly kely:

may Allah reward u

Dont be too hasty

MacDaddy01:

Thank you

Your first verse calls unbeliever ignorant? Intolerance

Your second verse calls the unbelievers envious and deniers of truth? Intolerance? What is Allah's command? To burn the unbelievers in hell?

Your third verse says that unbelievers will stop you from believeing out of hatred.

Your forth verse is saying that the unbelievers are evil but repel them with kindness.

Your fifth verse is okay.To each to their own.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by shineeye1: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2012
dexmond: [size=16pt]That Minister is the real Muslim. In fact he is the one following the prophet's sunnah. Muslims on Nairaland should not be offended. Consider a similar situation in Yathrib, when Bint Marwan made a satirical poetry about the prophet. We know how the Mother of five was assassinated in cold blood. Also, the case of Abu Afak, a man of great age according to the Islamic author Ali Dashti, was killed because he “lampooned’ the prophet.

References: Sirat Rasul Allah:A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad"pages 675, 676.
Ali Dashti. “ I23 Years; A Study of the Prophetic Career of Mohammad” (Mazda Press, 1994) page 100[/size]

Perhaps one needs no further refrences to be sure that islam responds to dissent with bloody suppression. The apologists of islamic violence may need more learning from their fold on keeping the tenets of their religion. It therefore seems that tolerance of divergent view is anathema to the fervent muslim. If the offense to God of one man is sufficient justification for his annihilation by another man, then God has given a universal licence for every man to kill his neighbour. It is curious that a mentality of the 21st century would be tolerant of this grotesque viewpoint.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by DCONE1(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2012
"Freedom of speech" extra 20 million USD for his wife.....lol
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by shegzymoni: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2012
manny4life:

Most of these Muslims have confused identities, some of them call God, I asked one day, how are you a Muslim, yet you call God? I thought it was "Allah"?
Allah is †ђξ arabic word for God
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by DCONE1(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2012
U.S planned the 9/11 attack and blamed it on osama bin laden... Osama bin laden did nothing and they placed price on his head no body complaind....this man made movie and insulted Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and them place price on his head everybody is complaining....(i shake my head).
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by odehaj: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2012
There is a clip I watched where a Muslim appostate(backsliding) was being killed. They
tied his hands&legs to his back,took out a knife and slaughtered him like a ram.Taking life as if they can create one.May God hav mercy on your souls.One question that is begging for answer is,if other religion where killing before Islam came would thy have survived?Because they just came.For sure, satan
created that thing(Islamism) to torment humanity.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by mikey2fin: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2012
Listen to this, He called Taliban and Osama bin dead Group his brother and he still a Minister. That tells you who Pakistan people are
Muslim for peace ko!!!
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by usdane: 10:59am On Sep 23, 2012
hisson3:

see pot calling kettle black......smh for you, so imams like you are allowed to watch blue films?
..i never for once stated that i am an Imam. Im only a a normal muslim guy who have faith in the true practices of the religion. Im not holy. I commit some bad deeds and ask for forgiveness
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by DCONE1(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2012
DC-ONE:
U.S planned the 9/11 attack and blamed it on osama bin laden... Osama bin laden did nothing and they placed price on his head no body complaind....this man made movie and insulted Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and them place price on his head everybody is complaining....(i shake my head).
US terrorise iran and killed innocent women and children all in the name of looking for "weapon of mass destruction" no body complained....they invaded afganistan kill and terrorise people stole their oil nobody complained...uptill today they are in iran and afganistan terrorising and killing innocent people nobody talk oooo.
Re: Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head by ENZOSCIFO1: 11:03am On Sep 23, 2012
While I think its wrong for anyone to draw conclusion about any religion based on the actions or pronouncement of a few of its faithfuls; the question I beg to ask since the naughty minister made the bounty call, how many faithfuls of Islam has come out open to show their disapproval of it, even here on NL how many of our muslim friends have condemed the bounty call? And yet you don't want us to draw conclusion that Islam is a religion of PISS and not PEACE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Hamas Frees Two Israeli Women From Gaza / DSTV Accidentally Airs Mandela's Obituary / Ukraine Plans Diplomatic Push For Africa, To Open 10 New Embassies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.