Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 (18687 Views)

Briggs Family Wins Maltina Dance All Season 7 / Maltina Dance All "The Evolution" Season 7 Official Thread / Ekubo Family Wins Maltina Dance Hall Season 5 Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by LailaIkeji1: 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
The Green family has emerged the winner of the Maltina Family Dancehall show season 6 held at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The family emerged the winner of the family dance show which was keenly contested by five families comprising the Boyle Family, Eghovie family, Efiokwu family and Zibe family.

Green family won six million naira and a brand new car. The youngest of the Green family, Akpors said he was surprised and happy seeing the huge crowd that came out for the grand finale held this evening.

They were presented with their prize by the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Adejoke Adefilure-Orelope. The show started in July and ended today.

And the highlight of the event - Mrs. Orelope Adefulire - Lagos State Deputy Governor dropped the biggest national goof of the night by saying: "On behalf of Nigerian Breweries, makers of Malta Guinness..." when she was called out to present the cheque to the winning family.

What was she thinking, please?!!! shocked grin

http://www.lailaikeji.com/2012/09/lagos-state-deputy-governor-goofs-on.html

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by DICKtator: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
At times, i can not even differentiate between Nigerian Breweries and Guinness. I am much more interested in the liquid contents they produce
In her case,ludicrous though
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
grin gbagaun. Kwakwakwa
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Maxymilliano(m): 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2012
Guess she was absent minded coz the little time she spent sitting thru the finals watching those mesmerizing moves could have afford her the opportunity to understand the nitty-gritty of her role as a special guest.
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by cdamsel(f): 3:05am On Sep 23, 2012
Na only dat 1 she talk?ladies & gentleman.was dat d dep gov?she was worse dan patience,I tell u.she couldn't even read.
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by oliidell(m): 4:21am On Sep 23, 2012
Hie hia hia hia heeeei...I laff in Swahili.. I actualy misd d show...I hope dia wud b a repeat. So hapy for d green family.

2 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by safarigirl(f): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2012
Maltina Dance All is a hoax. How can voting end 7:45 and winners are announced barely fifteen minutes later? How did they tally the votes? Eghove family really deserved that prize, they brought their A game in every performance, while Green was banking on one member. Even Efiokwu was preferable. Until they end voting at least an hour before the show starts, it will always be a big set-up.

3 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by SamMilla1(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2012
That is what we know how to do here in Nigeria. While the Indians and Chinese are organising Science and Tech contests,
We are busy organising Big Brothers, Maltina dancehall, Gulder ultimate search, Nokia project fame, MTN this and that.
Are these things what we now learn in our Universities?
#bigShame

17 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by naijaobi(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2012
safarigirl: Maltina Dance All is a hoax. How can voting end 7:45 and winners are announced barely fifteen minutes later? How did they tally the votes? Eghove family really deserved that prize, they brought their A game in every performance, while Green was banking on one member. Even Efiokwu was preferable. Until they end voting at least an hour before the show starts, it will always be a big set-up.
u must be kidding me...
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by naijaobi(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2012
safarigirl: Maltina Dance All is a hoax. How can voting end 7:45 and winners are announced barely fifteen minutes later? How did they tally the votes? Eghove family really deserved that prize, they brought their A game in every performance, while Green was banking on one member. Even Efiokwu was preferable. Until they end voting at least an hour before the show starts, it will always be a big set-up.
u must be kidding me...
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by BlackOyinbo: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2012
Sam Milla: That is what we know how to do here in Nigeria. While the Indians and Chinese are organising Science and Tech contests,
We are busy organising Big Brothers, Maltina dancehall, Gulder ultimate search, Nokia project fame, MTN this and that.
#bigShame
True talk

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by free2ryhme: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2012
cdamsel: Na only dat 1 she talk?ladies & gentleman.was dat d dep gov?she was worse dan patience,I tell u.she couldn't even read.

She messed up the maltina brand last night ... A deputy Governor who cannot tell the difference btw malta guinness and multina . She can even spoke.... grin grin grin
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2012
Sam Milla: That is what we know how to do here in Nigeria. While the Indians and Chinese are organising Science and Tech contests,
#bigShame
Naija State Of Mind!
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by mymadam(m): 9:10am On Sep 23, 2012

#bigShame

Food For Thought this! Even though these things are necessary to 'keep the citizenry sane', are they really the priority in today's Nigeria? I personally would have preferred the Science, Tech & Current Affairs stuff referred to by you. They make more sense at the moment, imho. NL'ers, please let us take the bull by the horn and lead by example. Any suggestions? God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by EzePromoe: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2012
Laila Ikeji: The Green family has emerged the winner of the Maltina Family Dancehall show season 6 held at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The family emerged the winner of the family dance show which was keenly contested by five families comprising the Boyle Family, Eghovie family, Efiokwu family and Zibe family.

Green family won six million naira and a brand new car. The youngest of the Green family, [size=16pt]Akpors[/size] said he was surprised and happy seeing the huge crowd that came out for the grand finale held this evening.

They were presented with their prize by the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Adejoke Adefilure-Orelope. The show started in July and ended today.

And the highlight of the event - Mrs. Orelope Adefulire - Lagos State Deputy Governor dropped the biggest national goof of the night by saying: "On behalf of Nigerian Breweries, makers of Malta Guinness..." when she was called out to present the cheque to the winning family.

What was she thinking, please?
OP, his name is Opus not Akpors and the show is Maltina dance all not Maltina dancehall.

9 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by EzePromoe: 9:14am On Sep 23, 2012
Although i supported the Efiokwu family but i'm still happy for the Green family for their success and for that young lad Opus, he's a young genius.

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by wildchild1: 9:14am On Sep 23, 2012
Her accent is so local,I couldn't even bliv she is the deputy gov of 'LAGOS STATE'...Gosh,the accent is so so annoying from someone of that calibre

4 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by 9jvirgin(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2012
By the the shameful presentation of the deputy governor of Lagos state yesterday, it is very clear that ACN is also part of the
Show of shame in politics, who appointed this woman in the first place to take such an exalted position. A woman that cannot mutter a word
For 3 minutes, the hostess was seen whispering to ear telling her what to say. The audience had to boo her when she said "Nigeria Breweries makers
of Malta Guinness" she was also seen looking at the big paper cheque to get the pronounciation of Nigeria Breweries. Things have really gone bad in the
Nigerian Polity, all deputy governors are like dummies

5 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by basisop(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2012
#bigShame

Just like Nokia, MTN, NB Plc, you can also organize the Science and Tech contests, even if it is at Primary school level or within your neighbourhood. What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by younggurl(f): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2012
tongue kiss@Safarigirl y would U̶̲̥̅̊ say such? Ofcourse the Green's Family deserves to b emerged as d winner. Reson, If U̶̲̥̅̊ watch their performance right frm wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ started d show, tey've never putting dem 4 possible eviction and Efiokus Family ws putting 4 evition once..abeg D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ deserve d prize..
naijaobi:
u must be kidding me...

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2012
#bigShame
you have said it all! I wonder what happened to the "Zain University Challenge" dunno if I got it right.that was my best programme so far!

3 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by basisop(m): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2012
mymadam:

Food For Thought this! Even though these things are necessary to 'keep the citizenry sane', are they really the priority in today's Nigeria? I personally would have preferred the Science, Tech & Current Affairs stuff referred to by you. They make more sense at the moment, imho. NL'ers, please let us take the bull by the horn and lead by example. Any suggestions? God bless Nigeria.

Mymadam we have Cowbell Mathematics competition, NLNG literature award and several others. You can also come up with yours. All work and no play....

3 Likes

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Johnsinia(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2012
Happi 4 d green family. Dey r fantastic esp dat small boy called Akpors, i can bet my wallet dat dat boy wuld go far. Bt if i shuld choose d best dancers i wil gv it 2 malachia n dat guy frm d zibe family dat plait his hair.
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Demdem(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2012
I personally covered my face in shame when I heard Malta ..... I was like Wtf.
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by guyman2(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2012
Eze Promoe: OP, his name is Opus not Akpors and the show is Maltina dance all not Maltina dancehall.

That OPUS GREEN boy is a bundle of talent. He singlehadedly won it for the Green family. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2012
9jvirgin: By the the shameful presentation of the deputy governor of Lagos state yesterday, it is very clear that ACN is also part of the
Show of shame in politics, who appointed this woman in the first place to take such an exalted position. A woman that cannot mutter a word
For 3 minutes, the hostess was seen whispering to ear telling her what to say. The audience had to boo her when she said "Nigeria Breweries makers
of Malta Guinness" she was also seen looking at the big paper cheque to get the pronounciation of Nigeria Breweries. Things have really gone bad in the
Nigerian Polity, all deputy governors are like dummies
at least Patience Jonathan better pass the woman.this her gbagauness no make sense at all! WTF? even my mama wey get only school certificate no go gbagaun like this! Smh!

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2012
Any info on malta guiness street dance
Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by basisop(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2012
berem: you have said it all! I wonder what happened to the "Zain University Challenge" dunno if I got it right.that was my best programme so far!

So all the companies should be doing Science and Tech contest? FYI Nigerian Breweries sponsor many events in our tertiary institutions so also MTN, Coca Cola and most Nigerian banks.
Your call should be for more companies to also take partake in promoting the Nation's academic excellence and not abandoning the social contest.

1 Like

Re: Green Family Wins Maltina Dancehall Season 6 by 3kay945(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2012
#bigShame
Yeah. but in the absent of those you mentioned, I think we need Maltina dance all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saka And Don Jazzy On MTN Songstar Commercial / Family Guy Vs The Simpsons: Which Do You Prefer? / BBNaija All-Stars: "No Way Mercy Or Whitemoney Will Win N120m Cash Prize" – Ike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.