Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police (18536 Views)

Nigerian Drug Dealer Arrested In Thailand After A Hot Chase By The Police(pics) / Ugo Iyegbu Arrested For Vandalism In Houston, US / Interview With Friends Of Slain Uniport Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by kemifemi: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2012
If u have ever had an encounter with the NPF, u'll agree with me that they are capable of doing anything.
Feb 2011 is a month I will never forget in a hurry! My fiance was on his way home from my place when a policeman accosted him between underbridge along airport road and afariogun arnd oshodi.
He narrowly missed d first shot( the dent is still very visible as d bullet hit d door of the drivers side), then immediately got on a bike and chased his car! Unfortunately there was traffic on that road. Before my fiance could say Jack Robinson, he fired another shot at the front tyre and called him a thief. Before u know wetin happen, about 10 policemen had surrounded him. They forced him to drive to their station after the trigger happy cop had deflated his tyre!
He insisted on speaking with the DPO nd explained himself buh d he took sides with his men! He had to put a call through to his uncle who fortunately is an asst AIG before he was released. The cop was made to buy a new tyre and was also locked up.
Now if u heard d story, u'll probably not believe it.
If u see police and snake, u beta kill d police first o.
May ugo's soul rest in peace
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
My thought.it could be assassins in police uniform.or paid police officers to kill.then why 5days after wedding.thorough investigations pls.
stepo707: Guys lets analyse this.a police van approached ugo,parked and shot him at close range.it shows it was deliberate and intentional.They must have been following him and it cud just be a hit job or it could just be a case of mistaken identity sadGuys lets analyse this.a police van approached ugo,parked and shot him at close range.it shows it was deliberate and intentional.They must have been following him and it cud just be a hit job or it could just be a case of mistaken identity
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by VoodooDoll(m): 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
This story is soo sad. I did not know him personally, but we have soo many mutual friends.

It is sad that so many people are willing to consider tarnishing him in death and forgetting that Nigerian police men are quite careless with their guns. Naija police are not strangers to accidental discharge (two bullets are not hard to accidentally discharge from a Semi-Automatic AK47).

Please, justice must be done. Standing by the road side or any other allegation does not warrant death.

Floreat Collegium

RIP Ugo.......

1 Like

Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by SapeleDon: 1:15am On Sep 24, 2012
I dont know how he died but may his soul rest in perfect peace.

Death is not something i even wish to an enemy.

My encounter with a drunk police along Ore/Benin road in 2006 has made me a firm believer in flying and never driving to the Southern part of the country,make planes dey fall i go still enter.

Just got into the country from the US for my Gran's burial and since i had a car from my previous visits parked in the family house in lagos,now decided to drive to Delta.

MISTAKE ONE:not removing the Airline tags from all the bags in my trunk.

MISTAKE TWO:did not inform my family i was coming into the country and so drove alone to Delta.

MISTAKE THREE: letting those dollars stuffed in your wallet flash while trying to bring out your drivers licence.

I must have been stopped like 20 times and all asked the same thing OGA NO COME DOWN GIVE YOUR BOYS KOLA MONEY.

Got to the one just after Ore and this Hausa fellow said i should come down. I came down and opened my trunk as instructed,he looked at the tags and asked where i was coming from. I said from outside the country but did not specify. He said open all your bags for search and i am like please sir i am in a hurry to get to Delta State.

He looked at me and asked me YOU DEY HURRY BAA?i answered yes. He said turn everything for all the bags down. I looked at him again and that was when the whiff of cheap whisky(ogogoro)from him hit me.

So i said please is there a superior officer i can talk to?before i go to this other side of the story let me describe myself.

I am BIG in size.

So you can imagine my surprise that a simple question(So i said please is there a superior officer i can talk to)triggered him and the next thing was a kick to my stomach and he kept kicking me.

I went down shouting and i heard a rifle cock.

It was the other policemen who were standing afar doing check point that rushed to where we were and dragged him away.

I never argued with him. obeyed his instructions and all, but that guy was out for blood that day and unfortunately i came along.

Never in my wildest imagination did i ever think a weapon can be given to a drunk officer.

I am still shaken till today. One Yoruba policemen amongst them now assisted me with my things back into my trunk,apologised and told me that it could have been worse.

My hands on the steering kept shaking until i got to my village.

I could have been killed along that road and nobody would have known since the whole family was in the village.

I only fly now as i consider myself lucky because going through that road the second time might not pay me.

I say this story because i believe that some policemen are capable of unjust killings, just like what happened to this young man.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by cecegorz(m): 1:40am On Sep 24, 2012
@Stormm,
I really feel your pain as it seems you are the only person here who is acquainted to both Ugo and his friend.
But the truth remains that you need to be dispassionate to people's views here as most submissions are based only on the friend's version of the story. No need to lay curses yet.
@Okija,
Good job you've done in laying a preliminary case on the critical questions that the friend (prime witness/suspect at this time) needs to answer.

I will also like to ask the friend;
1. When he returned to the crime scene, did he identify himself to the DPO as the friend that was with the deceased?
2. When Ugo was shot, was there proper illumination for possible target identification or was it just a random shot in the dark that picked out Ugo out of the two
Honestly, this case looks more like an assassination than a drunken police accidental discharge. (someone pulled up, no conversation, did a double close-range shot to the chest and zoomed off)
Whether it was done by police as professionals or using police gear as a camouflage is something that the inquest will unravel.
Please, KC old boys, you guys need to keep this case on the front burner, let the homicide squad get down to work!
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by BinghiNya(m): 1:57am On Sep 24, 2012
r.i..p but y didnt jesus save him
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Abali1(m): 5:22am On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Abali1(m): 5:23am On Sep 24, 2012
I noticed that almost everyone who has responded and said they have had an encounter with the NPF, always mention some kind of prior exchange. Am yet to read of someone who says that the police drove up to him/her and opened fire without any form of arguement or physical encounter.
For the avoidance of doubt I have also been a victim of the NPF brutality(you can visit the thread about police brutality and read my account). If things had gone bad that day(cos I almost fought the policeman whom I had an encounter with) they would simply have labelled me a "kidnapper" because it was at the height of the kidnapping era in Abia State.

In Ugo's case, we are meant to believe that there was no form of arguement, neither was he accosted in any form. The "drunken NPF" just drove up to where he and his "friend" where waiting for a cab and shot Ugo twice.

I wish Stormm and some of his other friends and family, the KC old boys etc will set aside their emotions and ask some insightful question.

May Ugo's soul RIP. My heart really goes out to his widow. This is one of those stories you hear and you will never wish to go outside your house, for fear of the unknown.

1 Like

Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by ofeialive: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2012
Don't have nothing to say about this but I am surprised at d ig and his ignorant statement.although, I am trying to believe that ugo and frend neva uttered a vowel sound,a shot in d leg shud have been better as well as rubber bullets used.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by livingstoneony(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Or an ex-cultist who got payback for a hit he carried out during his school days.. Some people actually think they have out run their pasts.. I know that several people have died like that before..

The story is very incomplete.. Two shots in the chest is definitely an assasination/execution, not a random shooting.
true talk/very possible..*but sad doe*
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by snthesis(m): 7:06am On Sep 24, 2012
Modified
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by adaptor4all: 7:19am On Sep 24, 2012
ehie: the police pulled the trigger,the doctors probably denied him treatment,police should be charged with murder,and the doctors negligent homicide and be struck off,both r murderers
Pls,what do d drs hav on dis 1..maybe u were there?
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by naptu2: 7:20am On Sep 24, 2012
Abali1: I noticed that almost everyone who has responded and said they have had an encounter with the NPF, always mention some kind of prior exchange. Am yet to read of someone who says that the police drove up to him/her and opened fire without any form of arguement or physical encounter.
For the avoidance of doubt I have also been a victim of the NPF brutality(you can visit the thread about police brutality and read my account). If things had gone bad that day(cos I almost fought the policeman whom I had an encounter with) they would simply have labelled me a "kidnapper" because it was at the height of the kidnapping era in Abia State.

In Ugo's case, we are meant to believe that there was no form of arguement, neither was he accosted in any form. The "drunken NPF" just drove up to where he and his "friend" where waiting for a cab and shot Ugo twice.

I wish Stormm and some of his other friends and family, the KC old boys etc will set aside their emotions and ask some insightful question.

May Ugo's soul RIP. My heart really goes out to his widow. This is one of those stories you hear and you will never wish to go outside your house, for fear of the unknown.

Read Kemifemi's post. There was no prior exchange. I'm not saying the police definitely did it, but we cannot rule it out. I don't want to make my experience public, but all you need to do is remember what happened on two occasions during the subsidy protest. The police were chasing one set of people, lost track of the people they were chasing and killed an innocent man (Ademola Aderinto).

Again, at Obalende, the police were chasing the people that attacked the central bank @ Tinubu Square. They got to Obalende and opened fire, injuring and nearly killing an Okada rider.

Let's have an open mind.

They need to question his friend, question his wife, but they also need to find out which police units were in that area (the controller would know this) and audit their ammunition (that was the clincher in the Modebayo Awosika case). They also need to find out (from the controller's log) if there were any police distress calls in that area.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by stormm: 7:22am On Sep 24, 2012
@Okija juju

My point is this let the police investigate the case and our claims. It is not enough for the IG to sit in Abuja and exonerate his men. I as a friend of Ugo, stand by our story. He was shot by a policeman without the slightest provocation.

And I maintain, for those who make reckless and unguarded statements about a person they do not know or an event they did not witness, may they be killed 5 days after their wedding.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by adaptor4all: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2012
ehie: the police pulled the trigger,the doctors probably denied him treatment,police should be charged with murder,and the doctors negligent homicide and be struck off,both r murderers
Pls,what do d drs hav on dis 1..or were u there?
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by naptu2: 7:37am On Sep 24, 2012
If you guys know how difficult police work is, you'll realise that some of the reasons you are giving for ruling out the friend's story are not tenable. I believe all angles should be investigated by an independent investigator.

Sometimes, police work is all about being first to the trigger. At such times, there's no time to ask questions. It is so stressful when you see your best friend, godfather to your children, being killed by bandits. Some policemen lose all feeling. Others take to drugs or drink to help them cope. That's why I advocate regular psychological evaluation for policemen (especially after they've been involved in shooting incidents).

We need to investigate all angles and not rule some out, just because they sound improbable. We should be led by evidence, not assumptions.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Royalty1(m): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2012
For all those accusing the friend, here is the full story as reportred by punch. It sheds more light on the whole issue.

When on September 15, 2012, Ugochukwu Ozuah, married Joan, his girlfriend of nearly two years; family and friends rejoiced with them at The Redeemed Evangelical Mission, Lagos.

The 36-year-old man and Joan then stayed at the Whispering Palms, a beach resort in Badagry, for three days for their honeymoon.

The couple’s joy was however cut short on September 20, 2012, when the groom was allegedly shot and killed by policemen attached to the Anthony Division.

Ozuah, an indigene of Anambra State and Mechanical Engineering Graduate of the University of Ado Ekiti, was allegedly killed close to the UPS Bus Stop along Oworonsoki-Oshodi Expressway while dropping his friend off.

The friend, Erikefe Omene, who came from the United Kingdom to attend the wedding, told PUNCH Metro that he still could not understand why the policemen shot the deceased.

He said, “I went to visit Ozuah at his house at Oke Olowo Estate on Thursday. When it was around 10pm, I wanted to leave but he said taxis were not allowed into the estate so he decided to drop me off outside the estate where I would get a taxi. We got into his car, a Honda CRV, and he drove out. As we approached the expressway, there was an ash/blue car that stopped around the same time to drop someone.

“An individual came out of the car which was now parked side by side with ours. Because of the manner with which it was parked, I didn’t know the type of car it was. Policemen approached the said car and I thought it was just a routine check so we didn’t pay it much attention.

“Ozuah parked the car and we both alighted so we could stop a taxi but before he could shut the door, one of the policemen said, ‘Who’s there? Who goes there?’ And shot Ozuah who then fell flat on the floor. Individuals from the ash/blue car suddenly ran behind Ozuah’s car to where I was and I thought the policemen might come around to shoot. So, I ran back into the estate.”

Omene said he went to the deceased’s house to inform his wife of what had happened. He said Joan, and her in-laws took another car and drove back to the scene.

He said upon returning to the scene about 10 to 20 minutes later, he saw more policemen standing near Ozuah who was lying down in a pool of his own blood.

He said, “By the time we arrived the scene, there were many policemen there. The Divisional Police Officer said he just received a phone call that someone was shot. I then told the DPO that it was a policeman that shot my friend. The DPO then asked me to explain and I narrated the story to him. He said, ‘Are you sure it wasn’t someone in black that shot your friend?’

“At this point, Ozuah’s wife started shouting that we should rush him to a hospital. Although he wasn’t moving, his body was still warm. So, we laid him on the backseat and her brother-in-law drove him down to the hospital.”

Omene said he remained with the DPO and reiterated what had happened but the DPO was adamant, saying the killers must have been armed robbers in police uniform.

Omene added that he and the DPO then drove to the hospital where the doctor said Ozuah was dead.

It was learnt that Omene immediately went to the police station where he wrote a statement.

Ozuah’s remains were said to have been deposited at the morgue of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by dameasy: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2012
We've got to keep this thread up and running until the killers are fished out. This was how the boko haram insurgency got fired up. Extra judicial killings of innocent nigerians has got to stop. Rip ozuah. You wre such a great guy
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by stormm: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/news/police-accused-of-killing-man-five-days-after-wedding/

When on September 15, 2012, Ugochukwu Ozuah, married Joan, his girlfriend of nearly two years; family and friends rejoiced with them at The Redeemed Evangelical Mission, Lagos.

The 36-year-old man and Joan then stayed at the Whispering Palms, a beach resort in Badagry, for three days for their honeymoon.

The couple’s joy was however cut short on September 20, 2012, when the groom was allegedly shot and killed by policemen attached to the Anthony Division.

Ozuah, an indigene of Anambra State and Mechanical Engineering Graduate of the University of Ado Ekiti, was allegedly killed close to the UPS Bus Stop along Oworonsoki-Oshodi Expressway while dropping his friend off.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Abali1(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2012
Royalty1: For all those accusing the friend, here is the full story as reportred by punch. It sheds more light on the whole issue.

The friend, Erikefe Omene, who came from the United Kingdom to attend the wedding, told PUNCH Metro that he still could not understand why the policemen shot the deceased.

He said, “I went to visit Ozuah at his house at Oke Olowo Estate on Thursday. When it was around 10pm, I wanted to leave but he said taxis were not allowed into the estate so he decided to drop me off outside the estate where I would get a taxi. We got into his car, a Honda CRV, and he drove out. As we approached the expressway, there was an ash/blue car that stopped around the same time to drop someone.

“An individual came out of the car which was now parked side by side with ours. Because of the manner with which it was parked, I didn’t know the type of car it was. Policemen approached the said car and I thought it was just a routine check so we didn’t pay it much attention.

“Ozuah parked the car and we both alighted so we could stop a taxi but before he could shut the door, one of the policemen said, ‘Who’s there? Who goes there?’ And shot Ozuah who then fell flat on the floor. Individuals from the ash/blue car suddenly ran behind Ozuah’s car to where I was and I thought the policemen might come around to shoot. So, I ran back into the estate.”

Omene said he went to the deceased’s house to inform his wife of what had happened. He said Joan, and her in-laws took another car and drove back to the scene.

He said upon returning to the scene about 10 to 20 minutes later, he saw more policemen standing near Ozuah who was lying down in a pool of his own blood.

He said, “By the time we arrived the scene, there were many policemen there. The Divisional Police Officer said he just received a phone call that someone was shot. I then told the DPO that it was a policeman that shot my friend. The DPO then asked me to explain and I narrated the story to him. He said, ‘Are you sure it wasn’t someone in black that shot your friend?’

“At this point, Ozuah’s wife started shouting that we should rush him to a hospital. Although he wasn’t moving, his body was still warm. So, we laid him on the backseat and her brother-in-law drove him down to the hospital.”

Omene said he remained with the DPO and reiterated what had happened but the DPO was adamant, saying the killers must have been armed robbers in police uniform.

Omene added that he and the DPO then drove to the hospital where the doctor said Ozuah was dead.

It was learnt that Omene immediately went to the police station where he wrote a statement.

Ozuah’s remains were said to have been deposited at the morgue of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja

Now, this second account of the story seems plausible...

@Naptu, I read kemifemi's account and that is why I said ALMOST everyone...

@stormm, keep laying curses on your head and the head of your generations.

May the dead RIP, and may justice be meted out to the killers.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Okijajuju1(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2012
Royalty1: For all those accusing the friend, here is the full story as reportred by punch. It sheds more light on the whole issue.

[b]FINALLY!!! A STORY THAT MAKES SENSE..So they were parked side by side with another vehicle that the Police were probably questioning.. (Probably in the blind spot of the Police), he alights from his vehicle, the Policeman panics, draws his weapon and fires thinking he was trying to run away.. Now this story I completely buy and can agree with..

Another classic case of Police recklessness. Funny though, the article says nothing about the Policemen being intoxicated. Now if I were to marry the first account of 10 - 15 policemen with the rapid response of the DPO to the crime scene, it is most likely that the Policemen in question were chasing a suspect that night before the Incident with Ugochukwu occured.

The difference between this story and the first two makes all the difference...

1. Now they explain that there was another vehicle involved.

2. The statement that was attributed to the I.G is now said to rather have been made by the D.P.O.

3. The new story places more persons at the scene.

4. He ran back to the house of the deceased and returned with his wife..

5. He was shot once not twice as earlier claimed.

6. No reports of 'Shepe in their system'.. grin

[/b]

A classic case of police recklessness.. Its a long running disease in the Nigerian Police Force.. Now its easier to investigate the matter.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by naptu2: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2012
Around 10 o'clock on October 1st 2008 I heard gunshots. There was one gunshot, a pause, then several more gunshots. I was surprised. In 2007 or early 2008 this would have been a regular occurrence, but there hadn't been any gunshots or robberies in the area since the police stationed an armoured personnel carrier @ Lekki Phase 1 and several extra units along the expressway.

The next morning I heard that someone had been killed in a car fire around Lekki Phase 1 round about. I did not connect the two incidents. Later that evening I learnt that it was Bayo Awosika (wow! cry ) The police claimed that he died in a car fire.

A few days later, I heard that he was killed by the police. They allegedly cut across his car and shot him. People asked questions. Why would the police just shoot him? How did this story surface, since there weren't any witnesses, etc.

I saw the car. You wouldn't even know what make it was. It had been burnt beyond recognition.

Bayo's father in law (who is influential and knew the Inspector General) wrote an open letter to the IG demanding justice.

Finally, a couple of things happened (and we might learn from this). . . The IG finally ordered the arrest of all policemen that were in the area that night. A police pickup truck is usually staffed by 7 policemen. Well, in one unit they only got 6 policemen. Where was the missing policeman? He couldn't be found. Investigators then focussed on that unit and some of them finally confessed. They claimed that Bayo hit their truck and didn't stop. They chased him and cornered him near Phase 1 Roundabout. There was an argument and a policeman shot Bayo. Bayo ran to his car and the policeman chased him and shot him a couple more times while he was in his car. They then set the car on fire, to make it look like Bayo died in a car fire. A good samaritan came by, saw Bayo, rescued him (he was still alive) and took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Ballistics investigation during the coroner's inquest matched the bullets with the missing policeman's rifle.

A case of a car fire had turned to something else.

We should be led by evidence, not assumptions.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Grisoft: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2012
This is the true story as narrated by Irikefe Omene, his friend who came visiting on that day.

Narrating what happened on that fateful Thursday night, he said: “I had visited my friend Ugo and his wife at their residence in Gbagada on Thursday. This was barely two days after they had come back from their honeymoon at Whispering Palms.
“At the end of our lively discussion, Ugo decided to drop me at the estate gate so I could get a taxi because he said taxis are not allowed into the estate where he lived. On that note, we drove to the gate but as we were approaching the expressway, an ash blue car overtook us.
“But they stopped when they approached some policemen who were in front. We both saw them getting down and we thought it was the routine police check. The next thing, Ugo stopped the car so that we could both flag down a taxi.
“As we were about to come down, the next thing I heard was either ‘who goes there” or “who’s there’ accompanied by gun shots. As the shots rang out, Ugo fell and I ran to the back of the vehicle to hide.
“The occupants of the vehicle which the police had stopped before ours also ran to the back of Ugo’s vehicle to hide. I then decided to run for help so that they don’t kill all of us. I quickly ran back to the estate.”
According to Omene, immediately Joan (Ugo’s wife) saw him, she began to scream and inquire about her husband’s whereabouts.
“It was as if Joan knew that Ugo was dead because immediately I came back she ran out and began to ask me where he was. I couldn’t tell a newly wedded wife that her husband of four days was shot by the police.
“When I did not respond, she immediately called Ugo’s elder sister Nkechi. It was Nkechi I told that the police had shot Ugo. We later drove to the scene of the incident and it was there we met the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) from the Anthony Police Station.
“According to the DPO, he had stormed the scene based on a phone call that somebody was shot. I quickly corrected the erroneous impression that Ugo was shot by somebody. I told him that it was his men that shot Ugo but he debunked it,” he said.
While all this was happening, the body of the deceased was still lying at the scene of the incident. Omene said the body was only moved to the hospital at Joan’s insistence, while they left him behind to handle the police.
He drove Ozuah’s car to the police station, where he eventually received the news of his death.
Omene lamented that he was the one to be the bearer of the news, a thought that overwhelms his emotions, causing him to weep profusely, muttering: “I can’t believe I was the last person to see him alive.”
Reminiscing on what Ozuah stood for, Omene said the deceased was a jovial person who was almost everybody’s friend.
While condemning the action of the police and their subsequent denial of the crime, he also decried the delay in rushing Ozuah to the hospital.
He said: “Even if they said they did not shoot Ugo, as police officers, the first thing they should have done was to take him to the hospital instead of calling their DPO to come and cover their crime.
“From the time it took me to run back to the estate and get back up, the police could very well have taken him to the hospital, rather they all huddled together cooking up lies to blame armed robbers. Armed robbers did not shoot my friend, but some trigger-happy policemen did. Ugo did not resist arrest neither were we asked to identify ourselves, yet they shot at us and the bullets went right through his chest.”
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 24, 2012
why oh why! haba naija. why! should we start killing policemen to randomly. this is so unfair.
i weep for naija.
R.I.P BRO
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
kemifemi: If u have ever had an encounter with the NPF, u'll agree with me that they are capable of doing anything.
Feb 2011 is a month I will never forget in a hurry! My fiance was on his way home from my place when a policeman accosted him between underbridge along airport road and afariogun arnd oshodi.
He narrowly missed d first shot( the dent is still very visible as d bullet hit d door of the drivers side), then immediately got on a bike and chased his car! Unfortunately there was traffic on that road. Before my fiance could say Jack Robinson, he fired another shot at the front tyre and called him a thief. Before u know wetin happen, about 10 policemen had surrounded him. They forced him to drive to their station after the trigger happy cop had deflated his tyre!
He insisted on speaking with the DPO nd explained himself buh d he took sides with his men! He had to put a call through to his uncle who fortunately is an asst AIG before he was released. The cop was made to buy a new tyre and was also locked up.
Now if u heard d story, u'll probably not believe it.
If u see police and snake, u beta kill d police first o.
May ugo's soul rest in peace

There is no rank like assistant AIG. Below the AIG rank is the CP.

But if your story is true, then anything can happen. God help us.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
BinghiNya: r.i..p but y didnt jesus save him

Stu.pid question.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by cecegorz(m): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Now, the pieces of the puzzle is beginning to come together as this Punch account is far more clearer and plausible than the initial narrative.
Omene has answered one of my questions about submitting himself to the DPO.
The prime witness (Omene) also established the fact that the police didn't just pull up and aimed a rifle at Ugo, they already stopped a car and was questioning people before they felt a seemingly awkward movement from Ugo's car.
*Probably, being under their usual influence, they felt Ugo was aiming a pump action at them, so they got to be the first to pull the trigger* emphasis mine.
Mr. IG , with this clearer report, you surely have more jobs on hand to get your men to confess what actually happened here than to merely deny it wasn't your men.
P. S. Why is it that when someone is shot, he is left to bleed to death? Even if he is a confirmed criminal?
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by Okijajuju1(m): 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
okpara ugo:

Stu.pid question.

Really?! How?!
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by howfar2: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
So sad that he was killed just like that. I met Ugo some years back although i saw him last in 2004, i am still in shock. RIP Ugo.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by VoodooDoll(m): 3:29am On Sep 25, 2012
Course of action and next steps are needed.

This is a sad story, how many widows, widowers, orphans and distraught parents must our police force make and get away with.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by waja(m): 6:01am On Sep 25, 2012
May his soul RIP. The killers may not be policemen.
Re: Friends Of Ugo Ozuah Who Was Killed By The Police by debosky(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2012
Another sad and depressing case of wasting of a life. I hope the LASG Inquest gets to the root of this issue.

Nigerians often elevate rumours above the truth - instead of waiting for more evidence to emerge, people start speculating he might be an ex-cultist or jilted a girl?

I hope those of you coming up with such theories never suffer this kind of pointless brutality at the hands of the NPF and that people don't rubbish your name after your death with idle speculation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Raped 8-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State Apprehended (Photo) / EFCC Apprehend 75 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Owerri / Robbers Kill 2, Injured Two In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.