Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Would U Still Worship God If... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would U Still Worship God If... (748 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Do You Think Anyone Will Serve God If There Was No Evil Atall? / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Still Worship God If... by frank317: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
Let's be sincere to ourselves, let's say all things and situations on earth remeains the same xcept that there is no promises of heaven or punishment of hell, would u still worship God?

In the old testament the people worshipped God despite no promises of hell or heaven. But today the fear of hell and the promise of heaven has been the core foundation of religion.
A ma once told me (he claimed to be a Jew) that the God he serves is too big to threaten us with hell in order to force us to worship him or bribe us with heaven to make us woership him. God wants us to worship him in truth and in spirit yet we are made to believe that we must worship him or...
So if there was no heaven or hell would u stll have worshipped him? take all insults and turn the other chick for him?
Re: Would U Still Worship God If... by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2012
frank3.16:
Let's be sincere to ourselves, let's say all things and situations on earth remeains the same xcept that there is no promises of heaven or punishment of hell, would u still worship God?

In the old testament the people worshipped God despite no promises of hell or heaven. But today the fear of hell and the promise of heaven has been the core foundation of religion.
A ma once told me (he claimed to be a Jew) that the God he serves is too big to threaten us with hell in order to force us to worship him or bribe us with heaven to make us woership him. God wants us to worship him in truth and in spirit yet we are made to believe that we must worship him or...
So if there was no heaven or hell would u stll have worshipped him? take all insults and turn the other chick for him?
YOU ERR FRANK3. THEY WORSHIPPED THE GOLDEN CALF grin

1 Like

Re: Would U Still Worship God If... by CrazyMan(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2012
frank3.16:

Yes I'd still worship him...
Re: Would U Still Worship God If... by frank317: 7:19am On Sep 24, 2012
obadiah777: YOU ERR FRANK3. THEY WORSHIPPED THE GOLDEN CALF grin

Golden calf? Did Abraham, Moses, Daniel etc worshipped d golden calf?

Well, I understand when pple don't answer this question. The guilt they all feel... Its better left unanswered.
Re: Would U Still Worship God If... by AtheistD(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2012
The afterlife is the greatest draw to worship. Its promises mixed in with a heavy does of fear seems to do the trick to draw in the masses. People however are now more keen with what they can make in the current world and are not so willing to wait for the afterlife. That is why so many new Pentecostal churches are springing up promising "miracles and wealth" meanwhile traditional churches (Anglican and Catholic) are losing members.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Using Child Missionaries! Shameful!!!! / . / How Can A Christian Avoid The Sin Of Bribery This Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.