Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? (4350 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / 5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by ciphoenix: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
he has power over satan and everyother thing in this world.....and he also have the right to stop all evil but unto man he has given the willpower to choose between evil and good....between God and satan.
yea, free will. Humans are to choose whose side they want to be

mkmyers45: A partner to a crime is a criminal no?
in other words,

musKeeto:
Lol.. slowly you're getting there...

Of course God has no power over Satan.. else he would have stopped the suffering in the world and all..
but it is his will that 2000 years after His Son is dead, the world still spins in all this suffering and evil..... grin
also take note of Job34:10. He does have the power to end all suffering, and He will. Satan has been allowed to prove that man will fare better without God, and he has failed utterly. God will act soon to end wickedness. He's only being patient 2peter3:9, 10
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 25, 2012
ciphoenix:
in other words,
alright, in other words, God tested job...... we on one page now.....now this issue about, satan taking permission from God to tempt a true son and God consenting to it, wont that be also said about the girl in my story?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
now, I like your approach to this and you will agree with me that its a very delicate matter and I will like that we take it apart bit by bit for further understanding...but first of all, do you beleive that the old testament is a fairytale?

Nope,the old testament is not a fairytale
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 9:37am On Sep 25, 2012
ciphoenix: James 1:13

GOD bless u4 dt verse u gave her,this is really the misconception most xtians in d boy of christ have,how can GOD tempt a man with evil,d enemy is so bent on making many believe GOD is the one responsible for their predicarment,thereby making them to rebel against GOD
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
alright noted....in other words, we are tempted by the devil....now a question, do you think the devil hs such power to attack or tempt a true child of God?

NOPE,the devil has no power over a true covenant child who is not ignorant of his/her position in Christ,because u have been translated from d kingdom of darkness un2 d kingdom of light,and in d kingdom of GOD is not in words but in demonstration of power and of the Spirit(1cor2;4)and u and i have equal access to that power,cuz we have the mind of Christ,and remember,greater is HE(HOLY SPIRIT)that is in u than he(the devil)that is in the world,the devil has no respect for ur ignorance of the truth,until u start walking in d consciousness of whom u are in Christ and the power inside u,the enemy will keep tormenting and afflicting dt child of GOD,Can help u with so many scriptures that will help u understand and appreciate this gospel truth if u want me 2
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2012
ciphoenix:
yea, free will. Humans are to choose whose side they want to be

in other words,

also take note of Job34:10. He does have the power to end all suffering, and He will. Satan has been allowed to prove that man will fare better without God, and he has failed utterly. God will act soon to end wickedness. He's only being patient 2peter3:9, 10

Lol, that's the Bible. Open to as many interpretations as you want. There's always a verse that contradicts another word...

But God does not need Satan to do evil. He can do evil all by himself...

Exodus 32

25 Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies. 26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.
[b]27 Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” [/b]28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. 29 Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

NOPE,the devil has no power over a true covenant child who is not ignorant of his/her position in Christ,because u have been translated from d kingdom of darkness un2 d kingdom of light,and in d kingdom of GOD is not in words but in demonstration of power and of the Spirit(1cor2;4)and u and i have equal access to that power,cuz we have the mind of Christ,and remember,greater is HE(HOLY SPIRIT)that is in u than he(the devil)that is in the world,the devil has no respect for ur ignorance of the truth,until u start walking in d consciousness of whom u are in Christ and the power inside u,the enemy will keep tormenting and afflicting dt child of GOD,Can help u with so many scriptures that will help u understand and appreciate this gospel truth if u want me 2

If the devil has no power over you, why would Paul in the NT advise you cowards to 'flee from the devil'
Shouldn't he be doing the feeling?

Lmao...
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:
Na wa.. see who's talking about understanding...

Gen 22:1
And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, ...

Of course, it wont make sense to you. So you will probably post another translation. Or pick a verse that contradicts this. Or tell me it's Old Testament....

muskeeto,
pls understand me very well,GOD does not tempt anyone with evil,HE only allows the devil to tempt His children with temptations that he knows they are able to overcome by His grace upon them(1cor10;2),these is necessary for every child of GOD 2 go thru in order for him/her 2 grow spiritually and in in every wise,but the moment u fail 2 past the test,then the edge of protection round about u is broken,and the serpents bites dt person irrespective of whom u her in Christ
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

muskeeto,
pls understand me very well,GOD does not tempt anyone with evil,HE only allows the devil to tempt His children with temptations that he knows they are able to overcome by His grace upon them(1cor10;2),these is necessary for every child of GOD 2 go thru in order for him/her 2 grow spiritually and in in every wise,but the moment u fail 2 past the test,then the edge of protection round about u is broken,and the serpents bites dt person irrespective of whom u her in Christ
I understand you.

Let's say you pay a security company millions of dollars to protect your property. One day, they leave your doors open so that thieves can come in and cart your properties away. Who would you blame?
The thieves OR your security company?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2012
mkmyers45: So god and devil just bet on who to tempt?

nope,GOD is and will never be a partner in crime with the devil,i will give u and illustration,assuming i have a son tha wnt 2 become a footballer in lif,and nowe told him there is a price o pay for that,and he agrees he is ready to pay dt price,i now decided 2 bring in a trainer that can help him to develop skills and ability 2 become a gud footballer by going thru a series of exercises and training to achieve his aim,and in the process he failed,im i d one responsible 4 his failure?sorry no time 2 really type well cuz of battery nw
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 10:37am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:

If the devil has no power over you, why would Paul in the NT advise you cowards to 'flee from the devil'
Shouldn't he be doing the feeling?

Lmao...

of course he has no power over me!but he sure has power over those who are in his kingdom(unsaved ones)becuz he is the prince of the world,most xtians dont understand a thing about the devil and even GOD they serve,hence my people perish becuz of lack of understanding
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

of course he has no power over me!but he sure has power over those who are in his kingdom(unsaved ones)becuz he is the prince of the world,most xtians dont understand a thing about the devil and even GOD they serve,hence my people perish becuz of lack of understanding
You're either a waste of time or you need to learn how to answer questions..

If he has no power over you, why are you advised to flee from him?

You only flee from things that signify danger, right?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:
I understand you.

Let's say you pay a security company millions of dollars to protect your property. One day, they leave your doors open so that thieves can come in and cart your properties away. Who would you blame?
The thieves OR your security company?

of course i will put d blame on d security agency,becuz i paid them for dt service,but its a different ball game entirely with GOD and man,that is why HE asked u 2 seek knowledge about him(jos1;8,isa5;13,hos4;6,psm1;23),remember the secrets of great man are in their stories
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

of course i will put d blame on d security agency,becuz i paid them for dt service,but its a different ball game entirely with GOD and man,that is why HE asked u 2 seek knowledge about him(jos1;8,isa5;13,hos4;6,psm1;23),remember the secrets of great man are in their stories
With God, what exactly is the game? He promises you security, yet He is free to use however, therefore 'freewill' is an illusion isn't it?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 11:09am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:
With God, what exactly is the game? He promises you security, yet He is free to use however, therefore 'freewill' is an illusion isn't it?

free will is not an illusion,ok,He promise u total security from every form of satanic assaults as one of ur redemptive package,but are u walking in the light of this truth?HE has said it,do u believe in it?if u do,then walk in it,u must understand that Scriptures are in keys,if u want to enjoy covenant wealth,their are conditions stipulated in the Bible u have 2 meet before u can,same things goes for long life,divine health and d rest,and until u have a better understanding in all these things u can not fully enjoy the benefits thereof,remember,GOD is no respecter of persons,but a respecter of HIS principles,what He does for one He will do for all,the problem with most believers in the body of Christ is that they believe in the word of GOD but they find it difficult to walk in the light of it,hence they operate in the lesser truth,GOD wants us 2 walk in the greater truth which is believing and acting it in every area of our lives,and until u do,HE is not committed to performing HIS word,what u confess with ur mouth must always be in agreement with what u have in heart
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

free will is not an illusion,ok,He promise u total security from every form of satanic assaults as one of ur redemptive package,but are u walking in the light of this truth?HE has said it,do u believe in it?if u do,then walk in it,u must understand that Scriptures are in keys,if u want to enjoy covenant wealth,their are conditions stipulated in the Bible u have 2 meet before u can,same things goes for long life,divine health and d rest,and until u have a better understanding in all these things u can not fully enjoy the benefits thereof,remember,GOD is no respecter of persons,but a respecter of HIS principles,what He does for one He will do for all,the problem with most believers in the body of Christ is that they believe in the word of GOD but they find it difficult to walk in the light of it,hence they operate in the lesser truth,GOD wants us 2 walk in the greater truth which is believing and acting it in every area of our lives,and until u do,HE is not committed to performing HIS word,what u confess with ur mouth must always be in agreement with what u have in heart
Sorry bro, you're rambling...
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:
You're either a waste of time or you need to learn how to answer questions..

If he has no power over you, why are you advised to flee from him?

You only flee from things that signify danger, right?

sure,u flee from anything that signifies danger,and in d case of d devil,u simply flee from him by rebuking him by the word,the bible says rebuke the devil and he will flee from u,have i answered ur questn?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

muskeeto,
now, this is what I need....if God allows the devil to tempt you, he is also testing you if not he wont allow the devil....its that simple, hence, the use of Gods' test on the girl in my story.... Now, thats very clear to everyone.

Coming to the second part, about everyone having a willpower to choose between right and wrong, do you think the girl made the right choice, as a true christian she made everyone beleive she is?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by mkmyers45(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
you can imagine that now....unto God and satan are now equal for such to happen....next I will be hearing is that God doesnt have power over satan..

God and Satan were discussing like friends....then God boasted to satan and then God and Satan made a wager isnt that what is in the bible?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

God and Satan were discussing like friends....then God boasted to satan and then God and Satan made a wager isnt that what is in the bible?
They have eyes, they can't see or they refuse to see..

studM:

sure,u flee from anything that signifies danger,and in d case of d devil,u simply flee from him by rebuking him by the word,the bible says rebuke the devil and he will flee from u,have i answered ur questn?
Sorry, my wrong. The right verse is 'resist the devil, and he will flee'..
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

of course, and at same time he asked for permission to tempt
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
And was granted. The guard let him in. And you blame the thief. Amazing..
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:
the guard has the willpower to choose whether to let the thief in or not...in this case, he chose to let the thief in, hence the damage
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Image123(m): 11:31am On Sep 25, 2012
eei, muskeet and his cohorts are throwing out their toys with glee, let me not disturb them.
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by mkmyers45(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:

So you agree that it was all a bet all along?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by mkmyers45(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Image123: eei, muskeet and his cohorts are throwing out their toys with glee, let me not disturb them.

Stop forming abeg....if you can do justice to this then do so or move on
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 25, 2012
mkmyers45:

So you agree that it was all a bet all along?
it wasnt a bet....he persuaded God to let him tempt...and thats permission to me and God consented
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2012
Image123: eei, muskeet and his cohorts are throwing out their toys with glee, let me not disturb them.
My best friend before before... mugu comeon gerrout from this thread.. make sure our toys don't hit you on the way out.. tongue
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2012
musKeeto:

My frnd muskeeto,
ur faith in GOD and His word is ur guard,that is why ur asked 2 put on the whole amour of GOD(EPH6;13,14)
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by studM(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
the guard has the willpower to choose whether to let the thief in or not...in this case, he chose to let the thief in, hence the damage

the guard of course allows d thief 2 come after u,but did u resist him in faith?
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2012
studM:

the guard of course allows d thief 2 come after u,but did u resist him in faith?
you havent answered a question I put up there...about the thief, whether I resist him or not is my choice....that choice thatwe have been talking about, given to us by God
Re: Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? by mkmyers45(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
Maria-G:
it wasnt a bet....he persuaded God to let him tempt...and thats permission to me and God consented

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

First Bolded: Satan as a son of God

Second Bolded: God asking satan whats up...

Third Bolded: God boasting to satan about job...

Fourth Bolded: God is asking devil to use the power he stole from God grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? / Mzbel: 'I Don't Believe In Jesus Christ Anymore' / How Can I Stop Masturbating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.