Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help (2587 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / See What My Dad Found In His Food / World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2012
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2012
I think d price was way too cheap, which was why he bought the car, several lawyers have been contacted, they keep telling us to write petitions, yet d replies of d petitions neva com out.. I dnt tink ma Dad knew it was a stolen car, He bought it because his oda colleagues bought.. We are jst confuse, they don't let anibody see dem..
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2012
It seemed the colleague whu sold d car to them, knew it was a stolen car, bt yet he sold it to them...telling them dat he brodas sends in car frm abroad..although he is also detained,several pple involved in d car snatching hav been arrested also, bt yet dey don't want to let dem go even afta dey hav recovered d cars..
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ifyalways(f): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2012
This text style typing format is going to haunt the youths of this country soon. It has really gone viral. "whu" for "who" Same 3 letters, energy.

@topic, where is the man that stole and/or sold the car to them?

Who are the real car owners?

Petitioning the military here is same as fetching water with a basket.

Your mom and other grown people in your family should laise with the other 4 families, locate the car owner(s) and beg them. That's the only way out.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2012
D man who sold d car to dem is also detained, nobody knws whu d owners of d cars are..
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2012
Som pple believe its a setup, because d 5 men detained heads top positions in d company, and d lawyers contacted says they are supposed to b set free since they ddnt steal d car, deres N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ crime in buying a car na
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2012
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2012
The whole scenario looks fishy to me, I can't even undastand it.. D real guys whu stole d cars were caught wen they were arguing over somtin, somone heard dem saying stuffs bout money, den called d army, all dese tins took place in kogi, bt d only men whu ar allowed to see mai dad dem, said it happend in abuja, nd an army officer died in d process wich is why d case is taking this much time, bt further inquiries was dat d case happend in kogi, N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ life was lost, N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ one has com to claim 4 d cars either.. D D.M.I, kip saying dey are waiting for order frm Abuja to hand dem ova to police, bt mai question is..wat is holding d order to free dose men even afta dey hav recoverd d cars? Nd y are they nt allowing us to see dem, mai Mum whu managed to see ma Dad said He was on chains too, den am asking why is it so?
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Sep 25, 2012
How then did they conclude that the cars were stolen?

Have you guys had the chance of meeting the man that sold the cars?what was his explanation?

So both 6 men and 5 cars are detained now?lol, na dia you go fear naija.

Your people need to meet with the other men family ASAP.find a officer in the army that would help them pursue the matter.

the story sha, na wao. Let's hope the company won't sack them all after this. . .
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2012
Your shorthand typing style make English difficult to understand.

You can't get a good help if you don't change your way.

Anyway

So far it is established they bought a stolen car

Both seller and buyer are in for big trouble

Buyers most likely may not be released because their confession will assist in police investigation.

If the case should be transferred to the police then you are in for a long ride

Because Police will start all over again and probably not let them go until after their court appearance and probably get bailed.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ifyalways(f): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2012
I keep posting just before you reply.

Ok, so an army officer died during the car hijacking?

Robbery took place in kogi, your dad and fellow 'cheap car buyers' bought car in abuja, who transported the car to abuja? The man who sold them the car has a lot of explaining to do.

Your dad and co better go arrange for a serving or retired military 'officer' that would help them beg/talk to their people.

It takes a military, to talk to a military in Naija.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by otokx(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2012
cheap article purges... buyer beware
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2012
No live was lost, d cars were stolen in kogi, bt were sold in lag, I get confuse in dis case too nd yeah d 5 families ar working together..bt aniways I tink ill jst hope it gets beta..cos I aint gettin ani help here, thanks 4 ur posts
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by minute(f): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Recieving stolen property is a crime so he will have to defend himself against that.

He has no right until the law proves he is innocent.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by oladayo042: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
The moral of the story: Be careful of what you buy, especially second-hand products. I've seen a common BB putting people in serious trouble. @OP Please try to write in a comprehendable form. You are giving readers extra stress to decipher what you are saying.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by White007(m): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
ifyalways: This text style typing format is going to haunt the youths of this country soon. It has really gone viral. "whu" for "who" Same 3 letters, energy.

Good observation ify. I thought i was the only one observing this trend.

If someone can type "whu" instead of "who" which are both 3letter words, and same energy used i
suppose. Why not just put it in proper/universal way everyone understands it.

This shot hand way of type texting is really gonna hurt
the youth of this country as Ify rightly said.

@Topic, it seems you are not very much privy of the case your your dad is in, but i 'll advise you get a good for your Dad.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by Mimicole(f): 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Recieving stolen goods/property/ies is an offence under †ђξ Nigerian Criminal code.
But detaining a suspect of a non-capital offence beyond reasonable time without commencing trial is a breach of a person's fundamental human right, which only a lawyer can help u enforce in order to secure his release, pending trial ȋ̝̊̅.e if they are willing to prosecute. Nuff said, get a lawyer.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by djojo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
I will advice U̶̲̥̅̊ to look for a connel, or any top military officer to wage into the matter cos someone might die in their custody if care and fast action is not taking, most layers won't be ready to help U̶̲̥̅̊ if they found out U̶̲̥̅̊ don't av enough cash to do case or better still if U̶̲̥̅̊ don't av any top officer go to human right activist or human right lawyer or U̶̲̥̅̊ can go to gani fayemim
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by violent(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
ajiantochi: No live was lost, d cars were stolen in kogi, bt were sold in lag, I get confuse in dis case too nd yeah d 5 families ar working together..bt aniways I tink ill jst hope it gets beta..cos I aint gettin ani help here, thanks 4 ur posts

I understand that these are difficult times for your families, but if you really need to get the opinion of outsiders, then you must consider using the language everyone finds comfortable. Your post till this point has been extremely difficult to follow.

Your best bet will be for you to instruct your lawyers to file court proceeding asking the courts to enforce your fathers fundamental right as provided for under sections 34 and 35 of the Nigerian constitution.

Your Lawyers may also wish to challenge whether or not this case falls within the constitutional duties of the Nigerian army: which legally involves defending Nigeria from external aggression, maintaining its territorial integrity and securing its borders from violation.

In my view, this may actually be a straight forward case, or not, depending on how much you are ready to fight legally. The outcome of a Judgement such as this will be for the court to instruct the Nigerian army to transfer the case on to the Nigerian Police, who will then decide whether or not they wish to proceed with prosecution.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
am i getting old or is it that the youth of today cannot write properly anymore, what the hell is going on - tomorrow they will complain they can't get good jobs.

how can you even dream of being a PA in a multi national if you can't even type properly - when your boss asks you to check his diary - what will you email him back

it luks lk ur f3 nxt tusdy @ 1pm - shld I bk d mtting
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by i1: 6:02am On Sep 28, 2012
issues raised: 1. how to release papa from military custody.
either go and seek a military personnel's assistance(s/he must be a colonel or above.
or
take the matter to court, if you cannot afford a lawyer go to the office of the public defender at surulere.
ps when lasts did you see daddy?
ok now, your dad is guilty of receiving stolen property but he has to be charged to court within 48 hours by the arresting authority, however the army cannot institute an action in a civillian court so the matter should go to the nearest police divsion for prosecution.
you should note the this: if you wan fight government make sure you have too much money becuase before you will be able to serve the papers you will hear am. meaning soldiers dont take it lightly when a bloody civillian wants them to go to court.
so not to discourage you... get a lawyer and pay him well or go to the opd.
and if possible beg a military man.
the issue of kogi, ph etc is not yet material as it is the duty of the prosecutor to prove na your papa do am.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 28, 2012
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 28, 2012
I can't follow the OP's writing style, so I'll simply stick to reading responses.

@ OP: Please, try writing in a "normal" manner, that will guarantee you'll get more responses to the issues you've raised, rather than responses to your style of writing. This text-style writing of yours gives me nothing but a thumping headache.

Good luck.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by tegax(m): 5:51am On Sep 30, 2012
what's so difficult from d above? It would have been more appropriate if it came as a word of advice, rather than castigating the poor guy, all on the weak grounds of not being able to read his statement. All he needed was your advice 'cause as far as I'm concerned, the message was well passed.
That being said, OP kpele. I'll advise you to stick to the advice of those that recommended contacting a top-ranked military personnel. In addition to that, do not forget to pray fervently to God always, considering the fact that nothing is impossible for Him to handle. He could even raise the least expected person so help your dad out of that place, considering his innocence. It is well with you and you entire family dear.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by dominique(f): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
has the police been involved? cos i cant wrap my head around how the army got involved in a car theft case. or were the vehicles stolen from the army?. Detaining them and not letting them communicate with their loved ones outside is the height of injustice.
i dont think theres much a civilian lawyer can do in a case like this. Op, try and get a military lawyer involved in the case. I wish i can tell you how to go about it but i'm sure if you make adequate findings you'll find one. May God see you through this trying time.
Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by ajiantochi(m): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
Thanks yu all for ur post...it was really helpful in one way or d oda... My Dad and d oda 5 men were released 3mnths afta being held by d military... They all lost their jobs though... Thanks, I think Dad has learnt his lesson...

1 Like

Re: My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help by soulglo: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
ajiantochi: Thanks yu all for ur post...it was really helpful in one way or d oda... My Dad and d oda 5 men were released 3mnths afta being held by d military... They all lost their jobs though... Thanks, I think Dad has learnt his lesson...

Did you ever get a lawyer like you were advised to do?

(1) (Reply)

Cinderella Might Not Be Suitable For Kids Bed Time Stories / My Salary Is 126k And Cost Of Fueling Per Month Is 120k. / This Woman Is After My Life (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.