Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State (13125 Views)

Biafra Agitators Burn Two Trailers At Onitsha Head Bridge (Pics) / Soldiers Foil Suicide Attack At Nigeria Army Base / Video Of Saraki's 'Attack' At The Praying Ground Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by searchcorp(m): 10:02am On Sep 25, 2012
I'm currently on my way to akwaibom via onitsha, (now how is that your business?... Well, listen?

Some few minutes away from asaba.. Just 3 seconds infront of my driver (at about 100km/hr), some young men had just blocked the road. They flung themselves out of the bush with their guns raised.. They made an immediate attempt to snatch the first car they could lay hands on - a black toyota sequia jeep right infront of us. The man pumped his pedals to put his suv on reverse. Well, so did my driver.

The armed robbers (Landlord of the road as the villagers called them "ahian, na here them wan operate again today? No be under that hill them suppose dey rob. Dem just change today" a villager told us later)

Their lack of mechanical mobility rendered their chase invalid. Although they had to prey on a red 911 bus whose driver wasn't courageous enough to turn. Well, as regards the james bondly black jeep driver in my front. Remember nah, yes! The one that almost got his suv snatched. When we later got a place to park, the man opened his trunk and brought out the most beautiful pump action I have ever been priviledged to see in close range... Well that explains his driving-bravery - he nah some sharp guy.

Our hearts were still panting fast, I probably was breathing off my skin pores as it felt like the universe had punched me in the chest. When all of a sudden in less than 5 mins... The Nigerian Police patrol van hurriedly gave them a counter attack (following the other lane and making a u-turn to catch them head-on). For the first time in my life I am proud of the Nigerian Police. The armed robbers all ran into the bush immediately leaving the passengers in the red 911 bus alive to tell the story.

I want to say a very huge thank you to the Nigerian Police Force- Delta State Command. Bless You! Bless Nigeria.

As for me, I'm at ontisha - owerri express road now.... Having a funfilled journey.

27 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by searchcorp(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2012
PS: the police men didn't enter the bush, chasing after them o. Ehn Ehn, but all the same they did their job. Abi, u wan teach police hin job?

And the pot bellied man in the black suv was just another guy travelling with his own big toy

3 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Jakumo(m): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2012
searchcorp: I'm currently on my way to akwaibom via onitsha, (now how is that your business?... Well, listen?

The armed robbers (Landlord of the road as the villagers called them "ahian, na here them wan operate again today? No be under that hill them suppose dey rob ?. Dem just change today" a villager told us later)

When we later got a place to park, the man opened his trunk and brought out the most beautiful pump action I have ever been priviged to see in close range... Well that explains his driving-bravery - he nah some sharp guy.

Our hearts were still panting fast, I probably was breathing off my skin pores as it felt like the universe had punched me in the chest.
I want to say a very huge thank you to the Nigerian Police Force- Delta State Command. Bless You! Bless Nigeria.

As for me, I'm at ontisha - owerri express road now.... Having a funfilled journey.

SearchCorp this is an amazing story, and the way you describe the visceral mixture of fear and elation that kicks in later, I know this chit went down for real.

"Dem don change today" ! ha ha ha ha ha ha Dem don change commot for dem former office, come go open new branch office by surprise. ha ha ha sorry for the laughter, so, to compensate for that, here is my prayer for the rest of your journey.

Papa God nogo let dem change office for ya front again, AAAAAAAAAmen ha ha ha ha. sorry.. sorry.

8 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by adonisgold: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2012
You dammed lucky! Safe trip.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by searchcorp(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2012
Jakumo:

SearchCorp this is an amazing story, and the way you describe the visceral mixture of fear and elation that kicks in later, I know this chit went down for real.

"Dem don change today" ! ha ha ha ha ha ha Dem don change commot for dem former office, come go open new branch office by surprise. ha ha ha sorry for the laughter, so, to compensate for that, here is my prayer for the rest of your journey.

Papa God nogo let dem change office for ya front again, AAAAAAAAAmen ha ha ha ha. sorry.. sorry.

Amen o... Amen!!! Bless you.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by searchcorp(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2012
adonisgold: You dammed lucky! Safe trip.

I guess I am. Thanks men.

Lucky (Adj): the good effect of an unknown cause. smiley
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Guns shud be licensed in Nigeria! Atleast, make all men get one pistol.

1 Like

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Areaboy2(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
So what did that guy do with his pumpy na?

na just to bring am out? angry

I wana see James bond shooting!!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
searchcorp:

Did the robbery happen in Onitsha or Delta state? I don't get.

2 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by maninmood(m): 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
The moral of the story- if you can afford to buy a state-of-the-art SUV, you should be able to acquire a pump action for self-defense!

2 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Abujafood: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Reminds me of an experience I had last year while travelling from Okpo to Ankpa in Kogi state during my NYSC, A gang of 4 robbers had waylaid a Trailer and shot the driver on the shoulder who ran the race of his life. The whole road was blocked as the robbers were determined to rob as many people as possible. Fortunately most of the travellers had reversed their cars full speed out of the reach of the robbers.

Then 15 minutes or so later, a team of police men in a patrol vehicle sped towards the robbers accompanied by local vigilante. I heard the robbers were later apprehended - one was gunned down while the other three were arrested alive.

It's not so bad with the Nigerian Police Force, many of them are a disgrace but a few of them really want to do their jobs!

2 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Kslib(m): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
The moral of the story -- Dont be quick to judge the whole garri community based on the actions of some garri sellers...Just as we have bad police,we also have good police..

3 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
As the cowardly robbers ran into the bush to take cover on sensing the slightest bit of resistance, the chasing police should have sprayed the spot they disappeared into with hot fire.....with any luck, they might get at least one bastard.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that these scum escaped.....to rob another day. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
I dig that man with the pomp action, but having it in the car can be risky though; things happen.

Hope you had a safe trip bro.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by DANILSA(m): 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
searchcorp: I'm currently on my way to akwaibom via onitsha, (now how is that your business?... Well, listen?

Some few minutes away from asaba.. Just 3 seconds infront of my driver (at about 100km/s), some young men had just blocked the road. They flung themselves out of the bush with their guns raised.. They made an immediate attempt to snatch the first car they could lay hands on - a black toyota sequia jeep right infront of us. The man pumped his pedals to put his suv on reverse. Well, so did my driver.

The armed robbers (Landlord of the road as the villagers called them "ahian, na here them wan operate again today? No be under that hill them suppose dey rob. Dem just change today" a villager told us later)

Their lack of mechanical mobility rendered their chase invalid. Although they had to prey on a red 911 bus whose driver wasn't courageous enough to turn. Well, as regards the james bondly black jeep driver in my front. Remember nah, yes! The one that almost got his suv snatched. When we later got a place to park, the man opened his trunk and brought out the most beautiful pump action I have ever been priviledged to see in close range... Well that explains his driving-bravery - he nah some sharp guy.

Our hearts were still panting fast, I probably was breathing off my skin pores as it felt like the universe had punched me in the chest. When all of a sudden in less than 5 mins... The Nigerian Police patrol van hurriedly gave them a counter attack (following the other lane and making a u-turn to catch them head-on). For the first time in my life I am proud of the Nigerian Police. The armed robbers all ran into the bush immediately leaving the passengers in the red 911 bus alive to tell the story.

10000 likes
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by yuzedo: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Oho! So you mean you were in that bus young man?

I was about to post this story on Nairaland, how robbers wanted to dispossess me of my new Toyota SUV! angry

Infact, my plan was to use Nnabuenyi (my gun's pet name) to make those foolish young boys into sieve! A few holes to make them look like Superted's sidekick, Spotty grin

They are lucky I am in a good mood today! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Les: 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dem not entering d bush don spoil show o. can u tell me why they couidn't or didn't further d chase, huh?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
I can't even understand one word of what the OP wrote. I feel ashamed of our education system.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Ariyke: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
There are some good ones among them afterall.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
The Nigera Police Force,though I hate them them with a passion,can be effective if given the right working condition,they are less equipped like their counter part in other nations,and poorly paid,and if death should occur in line of duty,the deceased family would be abandoned.all these contributed to their ineffectiveness..thank God for safety..Long live Nigeria,Long live NPF.

1 Like

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
The Nigera Police Force,though I hate them them with a passion,can be effective if given the right working condition,they are less equipped like their counter part in other nations,and poorly paid,and if death should occur in line of duty,the deceased family would be abandoned.all these contributed to their ineffectiveness..thank God for ur safety..Long live Nigeria,Long live NPF.
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by ednut1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Did the robbery happen in Onitsha or Delta state? I don't get.
some times u display medulla oblanga blockage sydrome, u will neva read d story well yet make yeye coments, was d op nt travellin, smh for ur fish brain hahahaahahaaaa

1 Like

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Les: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
DANILSA: 10000 likes
must u quote ova again-smh4u!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by yuzedo: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Abujafood: Reminds me of an experience I had last year while travelling from Okpo to Ankpa in Kogi state during my NYSC

Okpo undecided
Ankpa undecided

Pray, were you going to buy Mkpi or something? grin
Funny names indeed! cheesy
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by ikekings(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
yuzedo:
Infact, my plan was to use Nnabuenyi (my gun's pet name) to make those foolish young boys into sieve! A few holes to make them look like Superted's sidekick, Spotty grin

They are lucky I am in a good mood today! undecided
Lol... You should have **ra ta ta ta ta boom boom boom** dem nw.. Nawa ooo...
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by eros(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
SimonAndal: I can't even understand one word of what the OP wrote. I feel ashamed of our education system.

Then you need to go back to school and learn English comprehension

6 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
SimonAndal: I can't even understand one word of what the OP wrote. I feel ashamed of our education system.
you should feel ashamed of yourself,is it his fault that you can't comprehend simple writeup?can't you read english,or you are just a dumbskull?

2 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by 0ldirty: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
I never believed I will say this but it's as if police don they work. They are now even more civil. The other day here in Abuja, a police man saw me attempting to open my car after heavily drunk. He advised me to call a cab.

true story

5 Likes

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by ikekings(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
English master!!! Must you show stupid you are by posting this crap... **smh over your life**. You need some divine intervention.. Ode!!
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by styno(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
grin grin grin this Jakumo is a clown.
Jakumo:

Lol. this Jakumo is a clown. grin
Jakumo:

Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2012

Some few minutes away from asaba.. Just 3 seconds infront of my driver (at about 100km/s), some young men had just blocked the road. They flung themselves out of the bush with their guns raised.. They made an immediate attempt to snatch the first car they could lay hands on - a black toyota sequia jeep right infront of us. The man pumped his pedals to put his suv on reverse. Well, so did my driver.

Since when did the delta state police command handle security issues in Anambra state?
Re: Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State by Abujafood: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
yuzedo:

Okpo undecided
Ankpa undecided

Pray, were you going to buy Mkpi or something? grin
Funny names indeed! cheesy

Funny Shey, I was actually heading to the bank to withdraw money with my ATM as the nearest bank from where I was posted to was in Ankpa about 1 hour drive away!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths / Justice Audu Bako Dies / Weeds And Grasses Take Over Amaechi's Beautiful Schools In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.