Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera (3584 Views)

How To Know The Engine Size Of VW Golf 3 From The VIN Or Engine Number / Diff. Btw VW Golf 3 GTI And GL Model / Help! What Model/year Of Golf Gti Is Dis(pic Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by BTT(m): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is calling on all auto-experts/lovers to put in their ideas.

I own a 2007 56 plate Peugeot 207 1.4ltr manual. It was bought brand new in 2009.

My current challenge is that I have a fried ECU and have not been able to find a match April till date. Recently an auto-tech advised that we implant a Nissan Primera or VW Golf GTi’s engine and gear. The tech is convinced it will work; I am still wondering if it won't end up messing the car up.

Pls I need answers. Will it work? What happens to my electrical components of the car; being that the car is pretty electrical. Though the workshop tries to assure me, based, they said, on their experience, that it will work. But I really need all the answers from experienced parties.

Pls, feel free to drop your opinion?
Re: Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Unless you want a car that'll be worth less than scrap value, I wouldn't even consider an engine from a different manufacturer. You'll create more issues than you'll solve.

The ECU for an '07 Peugeot 207 1,4 is very much available. Unless you're not willing to pay what it's worth, you shouldn't have any issues sourcing one. There are absolutely loads here.

1 Like

Re: Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by Ikenna351(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Is not a matter of if your car will start after swapping in the VW Golf engine. The car may start and run, but the entire electrics of the car will become a nightmare.

I believe your Lion has BSI (Body System Interface). It controls every body electronics of the car, including the engine ecu. So it maynot work properly, since it wont be connected to the Golf Engine ECU. BSI makes it difficult for newer Peugeots to be stolen, unless at gun point or with the key of that car. To start a Peugeot with BSI without its factory key, the Key switch components, engine ecu and BSI unit must be removed and another of those components removed from another BSI peugeot and swapped in. I dont see a thief stealing the 3 components a Peugeot 207 to steal another Peugeot 207, knowning it will take him hours to do the swapping before he could start the car.

Have you contacted Peugeot dealership about the ecu?

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by BTT(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Siena: Unless you want a car that'll be worth less than scrap value, I wouldn't even consider an engine from a different manufacturer. You'll create more issues than you'll solve.

The ECU for an '07 Peugeot 207 1,4 is very much available. Unless you're not willing to pay what it's worth, you shouldn't have any issues sourcing one. There are absolutely loads here.

Siena Baba, Thanks for your learned response. I have been patiently waiting for it. Like you advised me earlier on another thread. Pls can you help get the price of one? I would appreciate a response.

The ECU Part no. is TJ1681142206. Another no is written underneath it- M2E1. And on the plastic casing- 96 537 757 80. The car's VIN is VF3WCKFV734401771. Thanks bro.

Again thanks and have a great day.
Re: Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by BTT(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=Ikenna351]Is not a matter of if your car will start after swapping in the VW Golf engine. The car may start and run, but the entire electrics of the car will become a nightmare.

I believe your Lion has BSI (Body System Interface). It controls every body electronics of the car, including the engine ecu. So it maynot work properly, since it wont be connected to the Golf Engine ECU. BSI makes it difficult for newer Peugeots to be stolen, unless at gun point or with the key of that car. To start a Peugeot with BSI without its factory key, the Key switch components, engine ecu and BSI unit must be removed and another of those components removed from another BSI peugeot and swapped in. I dont see a thief stealing the 3 components a Peugeot 207 to steal another Peugeot 207, knowning it will take him hours to do the swapping before he could start the car.

Have you contacted Peugeot dealership about the ecu?

Thank you for your insightful opinion.

And yes, I have contacted 'almost all' Pug dealer in Lagos. They don't have it. In fact, the one that bragged the most and got me to make a deposit just gave me a dated cheque for refund after 3 months. I am in touch with some liaison guy from PAN Kaduna, the last we spoke, he still kept saying they don't have it in stock and have placed orders repeatedly in France for it. His point is France does not (yet) have stock of ECUs for the 207s imported into Nigeria. (My brother, I don suffer...) So, you understand my frustration.

Let's hope Siena breaks this jinx for us.

Truly, I thank you for your response.
Re: Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
96 537 757 80 is the EPS (Electronic Power Steering) Control Unit, not the engine ECU. You're looking at the wrong unit. I've just spoken to Robins and Day, the Peugeot Main Dealer in Edgeware, London and they've also confirmed that isn't anything to do with the engine.

(1) (Reply)

Rainy Season: My Do’s And Don’ts For Motorists And Passengers / 2018 Lexus LC 500.. Pictures / Acura MDX And FORD EDGE Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.