Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Childbirth - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childbirth (4160 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Childbirth by lucabraski(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
Abeg, the whole idea of pushing and experiencing avoidable pain is not worth it. What makes it worse is dat u lose the tightness in ur “workshop”.

I personally believe that a Cs is better and easier, and what is more, ur baby's head stays in shape.

My sisters, opt for cs anyday, anywhere.
Re: Childbirth by JallowBah(f): 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
lucabraski: Abeg, the whole idea of pushing and experiencing avoidable pain is not worth it. What makes it worse is dat u lose the tightness in ur “workshop”.

I personally believe that a Cs is better and easier, and what is more, ur baby's head stays in shape.

A cs is more risky for the child, as well for the baby.
As long as the mother is healthy, there is nothing wrong with giving birth.
Yes, your body change, in many ways, but you have heard about training, right?

The recovery after a cs might be even more bad than the recovery after a normal birth..
Re: Childbirth by UmericanGirl(f): 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
lucabraski: Abeg, the whole idea of pushing and experiencing avoidable pain is not worth it. What makes it worse is dat u lose the tightness in ur “workshop”.

Sorry, but I had a CS and it was the worst experience ever. Its not natural!
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2012
In nigeria,women see CS as a bad method of giving birth.some women even pray against it.I don't see anything wrong giving birth thru CS apart from the cost which is very expensive compared to normal birth and having not more than 4kids(I don't plan having more than 4 anyway). As we know there are some reasons why doctors opt for CS as the last resort. I had a CS not because I wanted it, but because I had poor uterine contraction. But all the same I still prefer CS to normal birth.
Re: Childbirth by DonaldGenes(m): 8:23am On Sep 30, 2012
berem: In nigeria,women see CS as a bad method of giving birth.some women even pray against it.I don't see anything wrong giving birth thru CS apart from the cost which is very expensive compared to normal birth and having not more than 4kids(I don't plan having more than 4 anyway). As we know there are some reasons why doctors opt for CS as the last resort. I had a CS not because I wanted it, but because I had poor uterine contraction. But all the same I still prefer CS to normal birth.
omoqe! Sorry ehhh
Re: Childbirth by maclatunji: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2012
berem: In nigeria,women see CS as a bad method of giving birth.some women even pray against it.I don't see anything wrong giving birth thru CS apart from the cost which is very expensive compared to normal birth and having not more than 4kids(I don't plan having more than 4 anyway). As we know there are some reasons why doctors opt for CS as the last resort. I had a CS not because I wanted it, but because I had poor uterine contraction. But all the same I still prefer CS to normal birth.

I understand and in no way seek to vilify any woman that opts for CS. However, if there are no medical complications, a woman should be encouraged to go for natural delivery. God made it that way for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by tjskii(f): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2012
Omo Alata:

Aren't men in Nigeria allowed in the delivery room
Most hospitals don't allow it,but wen I was bout givin birth,my husby barged in o,wen dey saw d huge hefty guy,adamantly refusing to leav d room,d doctors allowed him cheesy
Labor for me was 4hours,was painful but I refused to give in to it,iv read dt d time of labor reduces with subsequent deliveries,so I'm hoping my next will be for an hour grin

Also dt gist dt once u deliver u foget d pain,did not work for me o,till now I remeber it in graphic detail tongue

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by weaseloo: 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
^^^
Thank you very for saying this. I hear every lady say that they forget the pains after delivery. I did not! I went through 24 hrs of labour and at the end ended up having a c-section ( which I never dreamed or planned or even read about). After the whole experience, I wish I had just gone for one option: delivery after the hrs of labour or c-section from the start.
Yes, our women in Nigeria believe c-section is a bad thing. I dont think so. In my case, it saved me and my child. Will I go for it again? Yes.
My very dear friend was pregnant with her 3rd child. She carried her child till 40 weeks went into labour, after dilating fully and pushing, the child was not forth coming. She eventually went into shock, passed out and the poor child died in her womb. This is bc the cord was wrapped around the baby so the baby could not move. Tell me is this not a sure case of emergency c-section? The most painful part is that they eventually had to cut her open to bring the baby out. So abeg, know which is right for you. I still thank God that she lives after the ordeal else it would be a whole different story.

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by JallowBah(f): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
I absolutely support CS when needed, or called for, but f.ex in Scandinavia, more and more women are saying from the first month of being pregnant that they want a CS, so they dont take the chance on their under-things changing after birth..
Re: Childbirth by joymary7(f): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
Well as for M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ ‎​i had a̶̲̥̅̊ C-section for my first pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia, ‎​i tink ‎​i wld prefer to have a̶̲̥̅̊ normal labour next time because C-section doesn't allow for thr tummy to go back to its normal self because u can't massage with hot water... But for the pain, ‎​i prefer the C-section
Re: Childbirth by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
joymary7: Well as for M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ ‎​i had a̶̲̥̅̊ C-section for my first pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia, ‎​i tink ‎​i wld prefer to have a̶̲̥̅̊ normal labour next time because C-section doesn't allow for thr tummy to go back to its normal self because u can't massage with hot water... But for the pain, ‎​i prefer the C-section

Lol,

I don't like the hot water stuff atall , it scares me and I remembered my sister's mil did that for her but her tummy still sag,

it depends on how you take care of yourself after csection, I had 3 csections and my tummy is very flat with my bikini line. Ofcourse I'd like to have a natural childbirth but it never happened for me.

I exercise everyday half hr ( my lunch break), and I watch what I eat, mostly protein and less carbs, and ofcourse I drink a lot if herbal stuff for digestion
Re: Childbirth by joymary7(f): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lol, it is good ur did u good, as for M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥, my tommy hasn't totally gone down so u can imagine M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ loosing all my pregnancy fat but the big stomach remains. So ‎​i wld never opt for a̶̲̥̅̊ C-section next time
joymary7: Well as for M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ ‎​i had a̶̲̥̅̊ C-section for my first pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia, ‎​i tink ‎​i wld prefer to have a̶̲̥̅̊ normal labour next time because C-section doesn't allow for thr tummy to go back to its normal self because u can't massage with hot water... But for the pain, ‎​i prefer the C-section
Lol, it is good ur did u good, as for M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥, my tommy hasn't totally gone down so u can imagine M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ loosing all my pregnancy fat but the big stomach remains. So ‎​i wld never opt for a̶̲̥̅̊ C-section next time
Re: Childbirth by Josphine4good(f): 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
One day I will experience child birth but I don't pray to experience too much pain grin

1 Like

Re: Childbirth by agohavivi(f): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
debrief08:
Well, It is a common factor but not in every case. I have seen cases where the baby just slip out. Down in the North, maybe it is the way women were raised you find it hard to measure pain especially when the woman is determined to be silent and betray no emotion.
Some people can have mild discomfort for 5 minutes and baby just pops out, there is a programme on TLC where women who didn't know they were pregnant give birth, In a lot of cases because the women didn't know they were in Labor a lot of the drama was missing.
I'm also a regular viewer of the programme. The bottom line is that they always experienced excruciating pains.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? / 7 Tips For Beautiful Ladies Above 30, Good Career, Strong Finance, Yet Single / What Is The Essence Of 'bride Price'?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.