Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road (26088 Views)

Tiger-nut Seller In Suit At Abuja Market (Photo) / Python Swallows Livestock As A Result Of The Flooding / Abuja-lokoja Road Blocked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by cold(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
obadiah777: christ is coming. its obvious.

Was it not this same Jesus/God that promised never to destroy the world with water again? You guys are so confused
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Adanyebe(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
WhERE Are MY IJAW BOYZ IN THe HOUSE shocked ..... C'Mon Letz go Fishing cheesy grin
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Ariyke: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
Gone were the days when Nigeria was Natural Disaster Free. God help Nigeria!!;(
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Obinoscopy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Saw displaced families with their properties along the Asaba-Headbridge expressway. This flooding is a national disaster. The affected communities are now refugees in their own territory.

This flooding of the Abuja-Lokoja road would make any journey to and fro Abuja a tortuous one.
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by onyxo76(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
my this is really serious.been hearing all sort but this pictures say it all.
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by pendusky(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kslib: Oh God pls save us oh...
Pastor chris or Tb joshua and the likes should go there and command that water to dry up,divide or tell people to walk on it.. Jesus walked on water,moses divided the red sea and the bible says " and greater things shall you do"... This people are suffering for christ's sake..
What the difference btw u and them?
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by achi4u(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kslib: Oh God pls save us oh...
Pastor chris or Tb joshua and the likes should go there and command that water to dry up,divide or tell people to walk on it.. Jesus walked on water,moses divided the red sea and the bible says " and greater things shall you do"... This people are suffering for christ's sake..
gringringrin;Dlol best comment so far but those guyz+pastors are curropt too! so, the grace of God is very far from them and nigeria in general.
do you think those passengers can work on water due to heavy load of sins?
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by dioman: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
This country is a problem for it citizens, Contract was awarded for the dualization of ABUJA-LOKOJA EXPRESS since OBJ'S tenure but unfortunately nothing has been done...accidents claiming NIGERIANS are reported every day on that route, flood has take it turn...GOD HELP US.
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
England.

1 Like

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
India.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by otokx(m): 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
The company that got the job for dualizing that road should be probed and that road should be redesigned and constructed like 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
U.S.A

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
Australia.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
All the pics i put up above are from 2012 as a result of deluge from the bad weather. It might be a coincidence but i see a link,not with all that world ending crap but a shifting climate cycle aided by the Green House Effect+ Global Warming.

1 Like

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by 001solar(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cuddlemii: Why doesn't the world come to an end once and for all?

What's the point of poor civilians suffering all the time?

Aren't we ready to depart from this sorrowful earth?

Would I blame all these on Jonathan's regime?

Could Jonathan be bad luck and curse to Nigeria?

Who is to blame?
se na uncle jona dey do dis one ni abi na God which one u dey self
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by achi4u(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kslib:
Amen!!!May God have mercy on your life too. Go and read my post again and tell me what will incur the wrath of God there. I know your type..the hypocrites.. God knows what's in our hearts,so just leave me alone.. Pls
my guy bon that jew man everything na man of God as if God is still answering their prayersgringrin
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Australia.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by 001solar(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cuddlemii: Why doesn't the world come to an end once and for all?

What's the point of poor civilians suffering all the time?

Aren't we ready to depart from this sorrowful earth?

Would I blame all these on Jonathan's regime?

Could Jonathan be bad luck and curse to Nigeria?

Who is to blame?
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nigeria.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
China.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
Columbia.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
Haiti.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Japan.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Pakistan.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Krucifax(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
Turkey.

Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Yinkay: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Obinoscopy(m): 12:41pm
Saw displaced families with their properties along the Asaba-Headbridge expressway. This flooding is a national disaster. The affected communities are now refugees in their own territory.

This flooding of the Abuja-Lokoja road would make any journey to and fro Abuja a tortuous one.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

@Obinoscopy...saw them too this morning, the Immigration Officers has been dislodged by the waters likewise the Tourist Garden Hotel behind God is Good Motors is flooded, any hotel lodgers now will ride a canoe to the receptionist desk from the road grin
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
True talk bro
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by BlueMurder(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
@taharqa

Surely, you can counter arguments without the use of vulgar language.
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by Ramcie(f): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
Am I the only one noticing it? How come Oyibo water clean pass our own water? undecided undecided
It's really bad I pity those travellers and residents affected . The worse part is that,there won't be sweet and sumptuous KOGI FISH for a long time cry cry
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by slimojas89(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kslib:
By water nah.. We are currently frying a new breed of garri that is water resistant...
Water resistant G4 means no soakies and Eba well hope dey..na oil frying tins na cheesy G4 for ever grin
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by BBDelta(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
obadiah777: christ is coming. its obvious.

What has this got to do with the coming of Christ? Religious illiterate. Do you have an idea when the first river in the world overflow its ban and entered a city or cut off a road?
Or is it because it’s Nigeria and Lokoja that Christ is now coming?!!! I weep at your ignorance… Your Pastor needs to refund you your offerings for not properly educating you at this age of being able to access Nairaland.
Re: Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road by virgo(f): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
al-qaeda:
AND THIS IS A COUNTRY THAT PRODUCES 2.5 MILLION BARRELS OF OIL A DAY AMOUNTING TO AN AVERAGE OF 40 BILLION NAIRA DAILY. NOT TO TALK OF GAS AND OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES. ONE DAYS SALE OF OIL CAN REPAIR THAT ENTIRE ROAD AND CREATE BRIDGES AND CANALS FOR THE WATER, BUT COME TO THINK OF IT, IF THEY REPAIR IT, WHO WILL STEAL. WE NIGERIANS DONT DESERVE A COUNTRY AS RICH AS NIGERIA. WE DESERVE A COUNTRY SO RAVAGED AND POOR SO THAT EVERY MONKEY WILL FIND HIS TREE. THIS COUNTRY IS CURSED AND SHALL REMAIN CURSED TILL THY KINGDOM COME.

Why the curses? You are obviously not a Nigerian. Smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / 3 African Men Display Great Acrobatic Skills From Air / Pictures Of The Cobra My Friend Killed Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.